TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 07-30-2008, 05:50 PM   #91
jcaudle

Cox Northern Va and tuning resolver

Below is the Email I sent Cox Customer service (re: the turning adapter) about 2 weeks ago, and below it is their clueless reply. FiOS is near by digging, but not on my street yet.

I am the owner of one Tivo System 3 and also a Tivo HD unit using cable card. With the impositon of Switched Digital Video (SDV) in the Fairfax we don't get the newer HD channels that have been added to the line up. Cable Labs is working with Motorola and Cisco in testing a Tuning adapter to be attached to the Tivo USB port to allow the tivo to be able to communicate with the head end of your system to be able to call up the newer channels. My question is when Cox Farifax will have the Cisco version of this adapter and by what means it will notify tivo owners when its availible. Thank you. Joseph J. Caudle

Dear Mr. Caudle:

Thank you for contacting our Cox Northern Virginia Online Customer Care Team.

We are aware of the adapters for the Tivo units. Unfortunately, at this time we do not have any information available in regards to these adapters. Generally speaking any announcements we have to make are made on the bill each month in the What's New From Cox section of the bill. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

If you need additional information on other Cox products or services, please visit our web site at http://www.cox.com/fairfax We hope that we have been able to provide you with the information you requested. If we have not, or if we can be of any additional service to you, please do not hesitate to contact us again.

My name is Pamela

Thank you for choosing Cox Communications, Your Friend in the Digital Age!

Sincerely,

The Cox Northern Virginia Online Customer Care Team
jcaudle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 11:47 PM   #92
warewolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by warewolf View Post
He gave me a discount spread across 4 months. In four months, I'll call back and see if they've switched to "all digital" or have a tuning adapter ready.
I just checked my online billing. I don't see the discount. Or at the very least it's not being applied the way I was told it would be. Gotta bust out excel and do some math.
warewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 09:17 AM   #93
rainbow

Quote:
I just checked my online billing. I don't see the discount. Or at the very least it's not being applied the way I was told it would be. Gotta bust out excel and do some math.
I will await your report. I have Cox expanded basic analog right now, and am getting less and less happy with the analog option.
rainbow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 11:34 AM   #94
deaddeeds
Go Hokies

Quote:
Warewolf - Let me know what you get and if you have a name at Cox, I am getting tired of not receiving all my HD programming that I am paying for.
deaddeeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 09:14 AM   #95
Revolutionary
Too sleepy for TV...

Cross-referencing re: availability of Tuning Adapter for Cox Fairfax

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...62#post6755362