TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Help Center
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 11-27-2007, 10:57 PM   #421
Phialpha

I ended up finding the Ir blasters in my basement. They work ok, but I would still like the Serial Port.

I spoke with a cox representative and he explained it was an economic decision. If I really wanted it I should get my friends together to tell cox "hey please turn on the feature that costs $.20."

I signed up for cox digital cable specifically for the serial port. When I find the right person at Cox I plan on explaining I could pay $45 a month for basic, which I know will work with Tivo, or pay $110 for digital (and rent their box).

As best I can tell the DCH series boxes were released in 07/07 to meet the requirements of "707." Somehow I ended up on a whitepaper for one and...that was way over my head.

I found the IrBlaster worked with a Motorola type Digital Cable box using "005" style channels AND pressing "Enter." I think without enter would work too, but I did it just so it changes quicker.
Phialpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 11:39 PM   #422
Rose4uKY

On my motorola digital box I chose 005 and yes for enter. I have such an old box and my remote is so old that you did have to hit enter. My parents remote with there DVR is so much different. I just know one of the software updates made my changing go to fast and it was messing up and Tivo helped me get it back to the slower changing and I was fine ever since.

Good Luck!! Rose

Just got our Roamio Plus today and am able to return our 3 1/2 week old 2TB Premiere. Still have my Series 3 with LT and not using my other 2 x series 3 trying to sell them. 10 Year Customer.

Last edited by Rose4uKY : 11-27-2007 at 11:45 PM.
Rose4uKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 10:14 PM   #423
obxripper

Just got Tivo this week and didn't realize my hughes hird-e1 wasn't compatable. I can get some channels to work on the remote, but it's mostly a struggle. Since there's no serial port ( and I've tried all IR manuevers - tent, positioning, etc.) Is there anything else I can do?
obxripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 03:19 PM   #424
cbear70

still need help with 322

I don't have an inactivity setting for the screensaver . I just got Tivo and am regretting it because of the stupid dish, otherwise i love it. I just want it to be able to record shows... I read through this thread but coudn't find anything for the 322. I don't have a vcr any longer and got tivo instead of one. What can i do. Thank you.
cbear70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 02:49 PM   #425
SaintMichael

Nevermind

Last edited by SaintMichael : 12-23-2007 at 02:59 PM.
SaintMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 05:30 PM   #426
chilicasa

Arrow Canadian Customers

Has anyone figured out where or how to get a serial port cable that fits the most common sat box by Starchoice? We have the DSCH505
Any help would be appreciated.

chilicasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 02:23 PM   #427
TiVoJerry
TiVo Field Trials PM

cbear70, the instructions I have to disable the 322's screensaver are:
go into Menu >System Setup >Installation >Updates.

Hope that helps because it's all I've got.

chilicasa, looking at Starchoice's website doesn't show me a DSCH505. I only saw user manuals for the DSR505 and didn't see a serial port for it. You may want to post your question in a new thread and include an image to make it easier for someone to help.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
TiVoJerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 10:29 AM   #428
dalkinn

I have the Dish 322 receiver, two of them in fact (4 TVs) and having been using TV with one successfully for years.

I recently acquired another Tivo unit. My understanding is that I can't use this on one of the two TVs using the second 322 output, which leaves only one TV left I can use it on. However, it sounds like Tivo will not be able to change the channel on that receiver anyway since it isn't on remote channel 1 (my main Tivo Box is using 1).

Are these assumptions correct, and that basically anyone that uses the 322 receivers will only ever be able to have one channel-changing Tivo? If so, I'll probably just hook it up to another TV and treat it as a VCR. I should be able to transfer recordings between units fine, and pause the program that's currently playing.

Thanks!
dalkinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 11:07 PM   #429
dlroth

I can't get my tivo to change channels on my directv h21. Anyone have the IR code that works?
dlroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 02:37 PM   #430
TiVoJerry
TiVo Field Trials PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlroth View Post
I can't get my tivo to change channels on my directv h21. Anyone have the IR code that works?
Have you tried 10074?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 01-25-2008, 02:23 AM   #431
wwml

Dish 322 and Tivo Series 2 Dual Tuner

I have a Series 2 80gb Dual Tuner Tivo box. I'm now thinking about getting DISH for a 2 TV setup. I want to be able to use the Tivo box to record one TV while watching live TV on the other one. My question is which Dish box I should get: 1) a dual tuner 322 box; Or 2) two single tuner 311 boxes (I don't know if Dish will give me this option, though).

Please advise. Thanks a lot!
wwml is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 02:26 AM   #432
wwml

What dish box should I get?

I have a Series 2 80gb Dual Tuner Tivo box. I'm now thinking about getting DISH for a 2 TV setup. I want to be able to use the Tivo box to record one TV while watching live TV on the other one. My question is which Dish box I should get: 1) a dual tuner 322 box; Or 2) two single tuner 311 boxes (I don't know if Dish will give me this option, though).

Please advise. Thanks a lot!
wwml is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 10:59 PM   #433
BTN1

HELP! I need an IR code for a Pace TDZ779X. Apparently its a new HD box provided by mediacom. Any suggestions?
BTN1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 06:45 PM   #434
BTN1

^^^^Answer: per Pace - use Motorola codes - It works. No thanks are deserving to the following companies: Tivo & Mediacom.
BTN1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 08:44 PM   #435
Lyssophobe

Any chance anyone knows the IR code for a Scientific Atlanta IPN603MCG? I've googled myself out on this one. ;-)

Thanks in advance...
Lyssophobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 11:26 AM   #436
raardvark

Code for controlling Directv R15-100

The forum has conflicting messages about getting the IR Blaster to control Directv model R15-100 DVRs. Has anyone gotten this work? If so, what code(s) was used?

Thanks

Red
Old 02-18-2008, 12:04 PM   #437
TiVoJerry
TiVo Field Trials PM

I don't have any data for Scientific Atlanta IPN603MCG but the common SA codes are 00018 & 10080.

I also don't have any data for the R15 but 10074 is the latest code we added for DTV models.

Old 02-18-2008, 12:20 PM   #438
JimSpence
Just hangin'

The R15 is a DVR, so why would you want to have another DVR control it?
Old 04-06-2008, 03:12 PM   #439
derock75

does any know of a universal remote that will control the sony sat-hd300 directv reciev er? please help ive already tried three to no avail.
derock75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 03:21 PM   #440
Edmund
Remote Czar

Quote:
Originally Posted by derock75 View Post
does any know of a universal remote that will control the sony sat-hd300 directv reciev er? please help ive already tried three to no avail.
If the receiver is set for RF, none will. Set it to IR, and use the standard Sony sat code.
Edmund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 08:15 AM   #441
beebul

I've just got a woolworths freeview box and Tivo doesn't have the IR codes... is there any chance I can enter them myself.. and if so HOW!!?
beebul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 11:37 AM   #442
classicsat
Astute User

Ask in the UK section.
classicsat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 11:41 AM   #443
TiVoJerry
TiVo Field Trials PM

Since this is a UK box, you'll be working with a Series1. Unfortunately there isn't an easy way to test all the codes on those models. You won't be able to add the IR, so the only option left is to go through each manufacturer one by one to test the codes. We didn't come up with a way to access all codes in one screen until a much later SW version in Series2.

I don't have any experience with the UK boxes so I can't even send you in a general direction. I have no idea if the Woolworth codes might be similar to anything else already on file.

Old 07-12-2008, 09:00 PM   #444
cgtamplin

Does anyone knows the codes that will drive a Venturer STB7766G Digital to Analog converter? I have a Series 1 Tivo and while the guide obviously doesn't list all of the digital channels, the quality on the primary channel (xx-1) is so much better that I would like to record from that.
cgtamplin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 01:58 PM   #445
TiVoJerry
TiVo Field Trials PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtamplin View Post
Does anyone knows the codes that will drive a Venturer STB7766G Digital to Analog converter? I have a Series 1 Tivo and while the guide obviously doesn't list all of the digital channels, the quality on the primary channel (xx-1) is so much better that I would like to record from that.
10093 is a new code we've captured for this model, but I'm not sure you can access it from a Series1 as that manfuacturer won't be visible to you. Unfortunately the S1 interface doesn't let you choose a random code manually.

Old 07-19-2008, 10:21 PM   #446
danmendozar

Hi, I just bought a tivo series 2. I have a Directv D12-300 receiver. Which channel changing cable I have to use with my satellite? the IR cable or should I buy a home control connector?

thank you

Daniel
danmendozar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 11:04 PM   #447
gastrof
Look 32' in reverse

Location: We would like tin but for the golden glade. Do not take risks that you cannot return to the encapsulation. Margaret has not the stranding.
Quote:
Originally Posted by danmendozar View Post
Hi, I just bought a tivo series 2. I have a Directv D12-300 receiver. Which channel changing cable I have to use with my satellite? the IR cable or should I buy a home control connector?

thank you

Daniel
What is a "home control connector"?

Is this something you read about in TiVo literature (a term I'm not familar with), or is it something else?
Old 07-20-2008, 07:49 AM   #448
greg_burns
Now in HD

Quote:
Originally Posted by danmendozar View Post

thank you

Daniel
I would recommend the Peterson Technology USB TV Translator.
greg_burns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 08:31 AM   #449
classicsat
Astute User

"Home Control" is DirecTV's term for the serial connector on some of their older DirecTV boxes, in the form of a 4P4C modular connector, the same as a telephone handset uses. AFAIK, the D10 series was the last to be equipped with them, after that they used USB.

To use a DirecTV receiver with the HC jack, you'd get a special cable with a 1/8" plug for the TiVo side, and the 4P4C for the DirecTV side. TiVo sells them on their store, plus you can get ones from eBay sellers, or make your own.
classicsat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 10:13 AM   #450
mymerrill

Adb 5810wx

Does anyone have the code for the ADB 5810WX cable box? This is provided by Hotwire Communications.
mymerrill is offline   Reply With Quote