Series2 DirecTV HD Unit 90 20.36%
Series2 Standalone Unit 113 25.57%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 442. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Jump

Old 06-07-2008, 03:58 PM   #451
unclemoosh
I Wish I knew Then..

Thumbs up HughesNet Works!

For those who may be interested, HughesNet plays nice with gotomydvr, now. I am running software version 5.6.1.19 on my HN7000S and have success. I have the ProPlan with static IP, YMMV.
TivoWebPlus, mfs_ftp, Galleon, Movieloader, JavaHMO, tivoserver, etc.
unclemoosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 09:04 AM   #452
tivoupgrade
Sponsor

SSL expired

Hello,

Our SSL expired for the gotomydvr site; we are in the process of having it renewed and updated; not sure how long that is going to take, but with the combination of that and the new firefox throwing a pretty scary warning might be enough to cause you some concern when using the site. Have no fear, everything is still fine, and the new SSL should be installed over the next few days.

Thanks,

Lou

PS Isn't it interesting that DIRECTV is FINALLY offering a remote scheduling feature with their new 6.4a version of the software? Thanks for the validation DIRECTV; let us know when you can prune the Now Playing list remotely, too... :-)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

tivoupgrade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 12:33 PM   #453
tivoupgrade
Sponsor

firefox 3.0

We've gotten the SSL updated; for some reason FireFox 3.0 is having some problems with it, but things work fine with FireFox 2.0 and IE 7.

Not exactly sure what the problem is or if anyone else is seeing it (please report what you see here, though). I suspect its a Firefox setting that can be altered, but hopefully it will get fixed on the browser side; I don't think its server related and the site is secure.

Thx,

Lou

Old 06-23-2008, 04:20 PM   #454
strange_69

I'm using firefox 3. I can log into the GoToMyDVR webpage but once I select the the DTivo that I want to go to it just opens the log-in page again. Is this a problem with my certificate? I know nothing about certificates. I received one from GoDaddy for GoToMyDVR which was not the same place that issued the old certificate. I tried deleting the certificate but no luck. Any suggestions?
Old 06-23-2008, 05:18 PM   #455
texster

Quote:
Originally Posted by strange_69 View Post
... using firefox 3 ... once I select the the DTivo that I want to go to it just opens the log-in page again
Seeing the same here too.
texster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 09:20 PM   #456
tivoupgrade
Sponsor

Should be working fine now; the redirects got messed up during the installation of the new SSL, but I've just reconfigured them and restarted the server.

BTW, just tested on 6.4a on the HR10-250 and seems to be working fine. Congrats to DIRECTV for finally giving people some remote scheduling capabilities... ;-)

Old 06-24-2008, 05:16 PM   #457
strange_69

Works now. Thanks. Now if only I could watch the shows on my NPL remotely I would be in heaven. LOL

Last edited by strange_69 : 06-24-2008 at 06:50 PM.
strange_69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 10:24 AM   #458
tivoupgrade
Sponsor

Quote:
Works now. Thanks. Now if only I could watch the shows on my NPL remotely I would be in heaven. LOL
Easy (and legal) with a Slingbox...

Old 06-25-2008, 12:38 PM   #459
strange_69

Would watching them off of your TWP page on GoToMyDVR be illegal and why? Then is multi-room viewing illegal too? Maybe I am just a blockhead, I don't get it.
Old 06-25-2008, 12:50 PM   #460
tivoupgrade
Sponsor

Quote:
Would watching them off of your TWP page on GoToMyDVR be illegal and why? Then is multi-room viewing illegal too? Maybe I am just a blockhead, I don't get it.
What is illegal is decrypting the content so that you can extract it from your TiVo; its not a question of ethics, its a question of the DMCA... Unfortunately, its also against current forum policies to discuss what it takes to do that, as well (for the aforementioned reasons).

But in the end, the effort required to do it is not trivial; but the use of a slingbox is very easy...

Old 06-27-2008, 09:01 AM   #461
strange_69

Thanks for the info and thanks for all of the work you guys are doing.
Old 07-14-2008, 12:06 PM   #462
mohoelx

Same here... ADSL?

Quote:
Originally Posted by prenger745 View Post
I decided to start from scratch so I re-ran PTVnet along with Instant Cake to get a fresh install. I still get the error:

Unit disconnected!

Your Tivo unit appears to be disconnected right now. Try again later.

Yet I am able to go directly to TWP. I am guessing that something is causeing the gotomydvr client to stop running...but its just a guess..

Any ideas?

Thanks, Dan

Dan - I have a similar situation, although I do not have Hackman installed - I can force a testart via telneting and doing a 'killall dbclient' and letting it restart. Seems to stay running after ending Telnet ... for a while (hours? days?)

I don't use GoToMyDVR very often, but was recently out of town for a period of time and noticed that my two tivo's would 'come and go'. In other words, GoToMyDVR would report them as disconnected sometimes, and connected at others. And even one connected one disconnected at the same time!

I wonder if it has to do with my ADSL connection, which is a dynamic PPPoE link from SBC/ATT? Still, a renewal of the IP would not explain why one is on and the other off at a given point in time....

It seems as though either the script that is supposed to restart things when the link 'dies' is not working, or perhaps from Tivo out the link looks good, but from GoToMyDVR in, it is not for some reason?

I'd love to solve....

MoHoelX

** Update **
Been working on this diligently today, but can no longer seem to get it recognized on GoToMyDVR.com - always says disconnected. One Tivo I've been messing with, the other just quietly left alone - both are reporting disconnected.

I went as far as a reload of the GoToMyDVR stuff via cut-n-paste from the Help Screen and re-booting the Tivo, but no joy. At this point, I'm thinking something is bad broke....

** Update 2 **
Did find one thing. I had set one of my units to use Port 88 for TivoWebPlus. Seems either GoToMyDVR is "port 80 or nothing" or there is a corresponding config update I am missing to get GoToMyDVR to work with TivoWebPlus on port 88.

I re-set the port to 80 and GoToMyDVR works again.

I went to Port 88 to try to get around my router (which I have not figured out how to get it to let loose of Port 80) as a "virtual server". The idea being, when GoToMyDVR says it's disconnected, I want to be able to try to get to it directly. But arriving to my DSL address on port 80 ONLY gets me my Zoom x6 config utility. Figured since TWP could use other ports, then I'd try that, but GoToMyDVR would always report "disconnected".

Is there a config change to tell GoToMyDVR to use an optional port?

Last edited by mohoelx : 07-14-2008 at 07:09 PM.
mohoelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 09:11 AM   #463
tivoupgrade
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohoelx View Post

Is there a config change to tell GoToMyDVR to use an optional port?
Yes. Just go to the 'select TiVo' menu and edit the specific TiVo for which you want to adjust the port, and you can do that.

As for intermittent 'disconnects' - I have not experienced that. It could be the stability of your ISP; it does not matter if your IP address is frequently changing, or even if your connection is intermittently dropping. The client should be periodically checking to ensure that a session is established with the server and if one is not, it will restart itself.

Beyond that, also remember that if you manually start the client from a telnet session and then exit that telnet session, the client will stop. So ensure that if you manually install the client, that you reboot the unit if you want to ensure the client continues to run (the client is started automatically during the boot process).

Old 07-15-2008, 03:19 PM   #464
mohoelx

Quote:
Originally Posted by tivoupgrade View Post
Yes. Just go to the 'select TiVo' menu and edit the specific TiVo for which you want to adjust the port, and you can do that.

Well, there's a big "duh" for me! Been so long since I set up the Tivo's I did not remember the "port" field.... Thanks.
Old 07-23-2008, 12:58 PM   #465
mohoelx

any diagnostics on the 'watchdog'?

So I have not gotten back to the port forwarding and setting up my TivoWebPlus to pump out on a different port. Seems the hard way, if GoToMyDVR works right.

However, my two Tivo's seem to continue to come and go. Been tracking, and it is NOT actually tied to a change in IP from my DSL provider. so that trigger is gone.

Wondering two things;

1) is there something I can look at (log or something) for the Watchdog script that may give a clue? It does not appear to be re-connecting. Once GoToMyDVR reports it's disconnected, I can only restore service by either rebooting the Tivo (drastic - try to avoid) or telnet'ing in and issuing a 'killall dbclient'. Once the killall runs, the dbclient automatically restarts and reconnects (Watchdog doing this?) but when I'm away from home, I do not have direct telnet access to the Tivo's.

2) how would I implement the equivalent of a cron task to issue the killall every so often (say every 3 hours), so when my Tivo 'disconnects', I know that within a certain window, I'll have access again? I am not real familiar with BusyBox, but it looks like that is where the cron function lives on these dudes.

** Update **
I figured out #2. And now, even though my units go "disconnected" still way too frequently, I know that they will be back online every hour at 45 past (when I set up the cron).

Thanks -
MoHoelX

Last edited by mohoelx : 07-25-2008 at 07:20 AM. Reason: Figured it out!
Old 07-29-2008, 12:08 PM   #466
gravely101

Whenever i try to install I get Network Unreachable
gravely101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 09:12 PM   #467
texster

Unable to access gotomydvr.com

From my home network, I am unable to open the gotomydvr.com homepage.

When I take my laptop on the road however, I do have access to it.

The problem started shortly after the SSL expiry issue last June.

My network is behind a standard fios actiontec router.

I have tried with both firefox and IE.

I have also tried removing the client entirely from all my tivos. When trying to do a complete reinstall, the http_get times out as well.
texster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 03:51 PM   #468
hec1152

I just discovered this neat utility. I followed instructions on website to register my TiVo and install client software. All with no problem. Now when I invoke the program after a reboot to try it out, I get:

TiVo: {/var/tmp} % /gotomydvr/etc/rc.gotomydvr &
[1] 254
TiVo: {/var/tmp} %
TiVo: {/var/tmp} % rw
File system is now READ/WRITE.
TiVo: {/var/tmp} % /gotomydvr/etc/rc.gotomydvr &
[2] 267
TiVo: {/var/tmp} % /gotomydvr/bin/dbclient: TCP forward failed: Error listening:
Address already in use
/gotomydvr/bin/dbclient: Failed local port forward 7:127.0.0.1:7
ro
File system is now READ ONLY.
TiVo: {/var/tmp} % cd /var/hack
TiVo: {/var/hack} %
TiVo: {/var/hack} % /gotomydvr/etc/rc.gotomydvr &
[3] 282
TiVo: {/var/hack} % /gotomydvr/bin/dbclient: TCP forward failed: Error listening
: Address already in use
/gotomydvr/bin/dbclient: TCP forward failed: Error listening: Address already in
use

What might I be missing in the setup / configuration?

Thanks,
HEC1152
hec1152 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 11:46 AM   #469
tivoupgrade
Sponsor

If you installed it correctly, you shouldn't need to manually start the scripts (they should automatically start after your reboot). The reason why you are getting errors is because you are attempting to run the scripts multiple times and the program is already running...

Old 03-09-2009, 11:56 AM   #470
Lowcarb

The given TiVo Service ID has been already registered

Code:
Add/Remove TiVo Unitsi
The given TiVo Service ID has been already registered.
I had a machine registered on gotomydvr.com.
The service worked.

I removed that machine. It was no longer listed in my account.

A friend, tried to add that service ID (for testing).

He got the above message.

I tried to add that service ID back to my account.
I get the same message.

That service ID IS NOT listed in my account.

Anyone know how to fix this?

Lowcarb
Lowcarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 01:57 PM   #471
tivoupgrade
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowcarb View Post
Code:
Add/Remove TiVo Unitsi
The given TiVo Service ID has been already registered.
I had a machine registered on gotomydvr.com.
The service worked.

I removed that machine. It was no longer listed in my account.

A friend, tried to add that service ID (for testing).

He got the above message.

I tried to add that service ID back to my account.
I get the same message.

That service ID IS NOT listed in my account.

Anyone know how to fix this?

Lowcarb
Please PM me your username and the service ID in question and I will look it up and purge it from the system.

Thx,
Lou

Old 03-26-2009, 06:11 PM   #472
zdude1

I just recently loaded this onto my 2 HR10-250's which are zippered 6.3.f. Thanks, great utility!

Although I get almost identical output from "ps | grep gotomydvr", I can only reach one of them remotely. The other gets the "Unit disconnected! ........try again later" message.

The only difference in the output is the 5-dig # after the -R: -R #####;127.0.0.1:80
which I assume might be some sort of sequence or registration number with gotomydvr, since they are consecutive.

Today from work, I got the "disconnected" message for both....
Any ideas based on info I supplied? Thanks.

Update:
I just noticed that watchdog.sh is running twice. One occurs before dbclient, one after. But it is this way on both machines.
zdude1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 07:37 AM   #473
zdude1

This morning, I am logging in remotely again, and I can connect to 1 of the 2 boxes. Last night, from home, I was able to log into both machines for a while.
zdude1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 05:49 PM   #474
A.D.I.D.A.S

Does this service still work?
A.D.I.D.A.S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 06:02 PM   #475
tivoupgrade
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.D.I.D.A.S View Post
Does this service still work?
Yes, it works fine.

Old 05-13-2009, 06:13 PM   #476
A.D.I.D.A.S

The reason I ask is I get an error every time I try to connect
Code:
Unit disconnected!

Your Tivo unit appears to be disconnected right now. Try again later.
I have followed the directions and installed the script and it loaded. I have checked my service ID so I know this is not the issue. Im using TCD540080 Series 2.

Any Ideas?
Old 05-14-2009, 01:35 PM   #477
A.D.I.D.A.S

Has anyone been able to get this working for a series 2.5?

Now I get

Code:
Home Tivo-TiVo# /gotomydvr/etc/rc.gotomydvr &
[1] 547
Home Tivo-TiVo#
Host '68.178.174.173' key accepted unconditionally.
(fingerprint md5 7c:f1:17:0a:21:0f:7f:2f:90:3d:7d:08:4a:b7:9b:4d)

Last edited by A.D.I.D.A.S : 05-14-2009 at 07:45 PM.
Old 06-01-2009, 04:55 PM   #478
IcedTivo
TiVo Nut

My S1 Dtivo appears to time out on any "intensive" task. ie. NPL will load a portion and then give the "Unit disconnected" alert. It does this for HiGuide as well which I often try to use when on the road since most places have no tv-guide and it's nice to see what's available and can't select something to record if it doesn't display the list. Any fix for this time out problem?
Silicon Dust 512mb Cache Card
TivoWebPlus 2.1.b3, Hackman, GoToMyDVR, TyServer
HR10-250 in limbo
2 other regular receivers (HIRD1)
IcedTivo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 05:05 PM   #479
tivoupgrade
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedTivo View Post
My S1 Dtivo appears to time out on any "intensive" task. ie. NPL will load a portion and then give the "Unit disconnected" alert. It does this for HiGuide as well which I often try to use when on the road since most places have no tv-guide and it's nice to see what's available and can't select something to record if it doesn't display the list. Any fix for this time out problem?
Have you considered installing a CacheCard in your unit? This will speed up most of the menu tasks quite a bit, especially generation of the NPL.

Lou

Old 06-02-2009, 10:02 AM   #480
IcedTivo
TiVo Nut

I have a cachecard installed and it loads up and works fine locally,GTMDVR times out. I've had several different routers over the years and same problem exists.
Silicon Dust 512mb Cache Card
TivoWebPlus 2.1.b3, Hackman, GoToMyDVR, TyServer
HR10-250 in limbo
2 other regular receivers (HIRD1)
IcedTivo is offline   Reply With Quote