TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Underground Playground > TiVo Underground
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 04-21-2008, 12:24 AM   #2701
jebradl

I am using an asterisk-based pbx system (PBX in a Flash) for my home phone system, and I'd like it to send caller id info to my enhanced Tivo. There is a writeup on setting up a system with MythTV, but I can't find anything with Tivo.
Any help??
jebradl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 07:28 AM   #2702
JWThiers
Smartypants

Quote:
Originally Posted by jebradl View Post
I am using an asterisk-based pbx system (PBX in a Flash) for my home phone system, and I'd like it to send caller id info to my enhanced Tivo. There is a writeup on setting up a system with MythTV, but I can't find anything with Tivo.
Any help??
you might start a new thread, instaed of high jacking an existing thread.
Old 04-29-2008, 08:09 AM   #2703
prenger745

Time to Break out a Serial Cable?

I ran this script last night over my PTVnet install. I think I misunderstood one of the options. The option that asks if I would like to install USB2.0 drivers, I answered "NO" worried that it would put different drivers instead of the ones that PTVnet installed and I figured why fix what isn't broken. Well the script ran perfectly but on reboot I have no connectivity through my network.

I am probably answering my own question but did I actually clear out all my previous drivers and by choosing "NO" did not install any new ones?

My USB adapter is a Linksys USB200M. I can tell you that no (zero) lights are illuminated on the adapter now.

Great script by the way!

Thanks,
Dan
prenger745 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 08:16 AM   #2704
rumpleteazer

I have a Zippered unit whose VAR was wiped a couple of days ago. Everything came back just fine, except for my TWP settings. I have set up my own login and password, plus I have it on a specified port. All got reset, of course. I had changed the settings in the config folder in var, but couldn't find if there was a place in enhancements/varhacks for it.
rumpleteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 08:26 AM   #2705
rbautch
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by rumpleteazer View Post
I have a Zippered unit whose VAR was wiped a couple of days ago. Everything came back just fine, except for my TWP settings. I have set up my own login and password, plus I have it on a specified port. All got reset, of course. I had changed the settings in the config folder in var, but couldn't find if there was a place in enhancements/varhacks for it.
There's not. Anything you place in /var after the enhancement script is run is subject to deletion.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
or
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

rbautch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 08:28 AM   #2706
rbautch
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by prenger745 View Post
I ran this script last night over my PTVnet install. I think I misunderstood one of the options. The option that asks if I would like to install USB2.0 drivers, I answered "NO" worried that it would put different drivers instead of the ones that PTVnet installed and I figured why fix what isn't broken. Well the script ran perfectly but on reboot I have no connectivity through my network.

I am probably answering my own question but did I actually clear out all my previous drivers and by choosing "NO" did not install any new ones?

My USB adapter is a Linksys USB200M. I can tell you that no (zero) lights are illuminated on the adapter now.

Great script by the way!

Thanks,
Dan
I think there's some interactions between the PTVnet and this script that are causing the problems. I haven't had a chance to test it yet, but you can help troubleshoot it if you get your serial cable going. Please PM if you do..

or

Old 04-29-2008, 01:21 PM   #2707
rumpleteazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbautch View Post
There's not. Anything you place in /var after the enhancement script is run is subject to deletion.
And the config file doesn't work with the symlinks, right? Like mfs_ftp?

I can put a script in the startup files to copy a file over, I just didn't know if the enhancements script could do it.

Thanks.
Old 05-12-2008, 06:58 AM   #2708
rvnap

How to run tweak.sh without router(broadband)-only have slow dial up?

I built my 500g tivo drive from a MFSLive image of my DVR-SD40(6.2),& PTVnet CD. Installed Superpatch in /ptvupgrade/superpatch/ ,& tservser in /ptvupgrade/bin/,& use tytools10r4 to extract --everything worked fine.I only have a slow dialup connection (no router or broad band)- read a lot of threads,-ran teak.sh ( after FTP tweak.sh & rbautch-tools.tgz (binary) to /var/hack/),- using XP comannd prompt-(did not overwrite PTVnet, installed static IP, with PC-IP as router address)-everything ran fine. Could access tivo with puttytel & filezilla, but could not open the updated TivoWebPlus,(could open twp 1.2.1),& when trying to access tserver with tytools-I would get connected (no bash prompt)-then get message: connection failed, did not get telnet bash prompt-check your settings.
Didn't know where to go from there , so I ran tweak_uninstall & tivo is working as b4.
1. Is there any way to run the script or individual parts without broadband connection?
2. Should I delete the enhancements folder now?
Would appreciate any help.
thanks-rvnap
rvnap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 08:54 PM   #2709
Soapm

Quote:
Originally Posted by rumpleteazer View Post
And the config file doesn't work with the symlinks, right? Like mfs_ftp?

I can put a script in the startup files to copy a file over, I just didn't know if the enhancements script could do it.

Thanks.
You might want to read the FAQ...

http://www.dvrpedia.com/Zipper_-_SAp...Fvar_directory

It will explain exactly how to do this best...
Soapm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 05:16 PM   #2710
mclevenger

install over ptvnet

Quote:
I think there's some interactions between the PTVnet and this script that are causing the problems. I haven't had a chance to test it yet, but you can help troubleshoot it if you get your serial cable going. Please PM if you do..
I just installed tweak.sh over PTVnet. It done something to my drivers. Now my USB200M V2.1 isn't working. I am getting two indicator lights.

Link/Act is steady on.
10/100 is steady on
FH is off.

but no lights at the hub. It worked fine before. I am willing to try the serial debugging if anyone is willing to help me out. Also what is the pin designation to make a serial connector?

Thanks in advance.
mclevenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 05:34 PM   #2711
T1V0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclevenger View Post
Also what is the pin designation to make a serial connector?
http://www.dellanave.com/projects/tivo/tivocable.html
T1V0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 06:14 PM   #2712
mclevenger

add a driver

any idea how I can add a driver via serial?
Old 05-17-2008, 06:16 PM   #2713
T1V0

with hyperterminal you can transfer files easily via zmodem.
Old 05-17-2008, 10:23 PM   #2714
mclevenger

Quote:
I just installed tweak.sh over PTVnet. It done something to my drivers. Now my USB200M V2.1 isn't working. I am getting two indicator lights.

Link/Act is steady on.
10/100 is steady on
FH is off.

but no lights at the hub. It worked fine before. I am willing to try the serial debugging if anyone is willing to help me out. Also what is the pin designation to make a serial connector?

Thanks in advance.
OK I have made a serial cable and got connected to the tivo with SecureCRT. From this point I have no idea what to do to get the USB200m 2.1 working again.
Old 05-18-2008, 05:29 PM   #2715
mclevenger

I think I figured out what to do. I just cant find exactly how to do it. I want to edit /etc/hotplug/usb.map I havent found enough information showing me how to do it through tel-net. If anyone has a link or some instructions I sure would appreciate it.

ThanI am finding alot of threads on the subject but they all dead end. This thread is exactly where I am now KrazyKevin

Last edited by mclevenger : 05-18-2008 at 06:56 PM.
Old 05-18-2008, 09:21 PM   #2716
Brutelee

I think I found a minor problem in one of the files included in the enhancement script. The version of Wipelogs appears to have incorrect crlf line endings on the third and fourth lines. It is not a major problem, but it's enough to keep it from working. If you run it from bash, you get an error but not when you run it from cron as most people seem to.

It appears to have been in there for a while. I checked an old version from last August and it had the same error.
Brutelee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 05:34 PM   #2717
rbautch
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brutelee View Post
I think I found a minor problem in one of the files included in the enhancement script. The version of Wipelogs appears to have incorrect crlf line endings on the third and fourth lines. It is not a major problem, but it's enough to keep it from working. If you run it from bash, you get an error but not when you run it from cron as most people seem to.

It appears to have been in there for a while. I checked an old version from last August and it had the same error.
Thanks. I'll fix it.

or

Old 05-19-2008, 06:00 PM   #2718
rbautch
User

Quote:
I think I figured out what to do. I just cant find exactly how to do it. I want to edit /etc/hotplug/usb.map I havent found enough information showing me how to do it through tel-net. If anyone has a link or some instructions I sure would appreciate it.

ThanI am finding alot of threads on the subject but they all dead end. This thread is exactly where I am now KrazyKevin
I assume you mean through serial. From your serial bash prompt, I suggest first running /enhancements/tweak_uninstall.sh to get your tivo back to where it was before. This should get your networking back. If you're still interested in installing tweak.sh, and want to troubleshoot the interaction with PTVnet, then run tweak.sh again, and FTP the following files to your PC before you reboot:
/etc/rc.d/rc.sysinit.author
/etc/hotplug/usb.map

or

Old 05-19-2008, 08:34 PM   #2719
rumpleteazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soapm View Post
You might want to read the FAQ...

http://www.dvrpedia.com/Zipper_-_SAp...Fvar_directory

It will explain exactly how to do this best...
Now I'm confused. I've done that for YAC and mfs_ftp and it works fine. But what should I do for the config file for TWP? Do I create a folder called TWP, then a subfolder called config, then place the tivoweb.config file in there? So I'm not creating a symlink for the entire structure, just that one file.

I guess that makes sense, I just hadn't done that for anything other than entire programs.
Old 05-29-2008, 03:40 PM   #2720
mclevenger

Quote:
I assume you mean through serial. From your serial bash prompt, I suggest first running /enhancements/tweak_uninstall.sh to get your tivo back to where it was before. This should get your networking back. If you're still interested in installing tweak.sh, and want to troubleshoot the interaction with PTVnet, then run tweak.sh again, and FTP the following files to your PC before you reboot:
/etc/rc.d/rc.sysinit.author
/etc/hotplug/usb.map
Well I did the uninstall. After the uninstall I didn't get the networking back and I have lost bash prompt as well. I can connect to the tivo with secureCRT via serial but no bash prompt. When I plug a USB adapter into the tivo I get "usb.c: USB device 9 (vend/prod 0x2001/0x1a00) is not claimed by any active driver." at the cursor. but I can't type or get any other response.

Any ideas?
Old 05-30-2008, 10:51 PM   #2721
mclevenger

rc.sysinit.author

Before tweak.sh

Quote:
#!/bin/bash

# PTVupgrade PTVnet rc.sysinit.author for Series2 DirecTV DVR
#

# If you want to have a static IP address, you need to change
# the STATIC_IP variables below to your desired IP address,
# and rename DHCP_ON to STATIC_ON
#
# For more information on this, go to http://forum.ptvupgrade.com
# and make sure you know what you are doing. If you make a mistake
# doing this, you may not find your TiVo on your network, ever again...
#
# Oh, and if you don't have a serial cable, get one, it could save you
# a lot of trouble if you mess this up.
#
STATIC_IP=192.168.1.98
NETMASK=255.255.255.0
BROADCAST=192.168.1.255
GATEWAY=192.168.1.1

#
#
######### First time booting? ########
#
# This checks for the FIRSTTIME_ON flag and does a few neat things.
# Mainly, it runs 51killer.tcl so you don't have to do a Clear and
# Delete everything when putting a new drive in your TiVo.
# It also restores the splashscreen to the appropriate one.
#
# Note: If you set this flag back to ON after you've been using your
# TiVo and recording programs, running 51killer.tcl again will mess up
# your existing recordings. We use this flag when preparing new drives
# for installation in different units to save time for customers, you
# probably don't ever need to use this.

if [ -f /init/ptv_flags/FIRSTTIME_ON ]; then
/ptvupgrade/bin/rootwrite
rm -rf /init/ptv_flags/FIRSTTIME_ON
cp /init/ptv_images/AT-firstboot.png /tvbin
if [ -f /init/ptv_flags/IC2_OFF ]; then
tivosh /ptvupgrade/bin/51killer.tcl
rm -rf /init/ptv_flags/IC2_OFF
/ptvupgrade/bin/rootread
sync
restart
fi
sleep 5
if [ -f /init/ptv_flags/IC2_ON ]; then
echo "resting a few minutes while the database updates...."
sleep 30
rm -rf /init/ptv_flags/IC2_ON
fi
rootread
fi
#######

# This sets the priority of hacks and shell commands to the lowest
# possible priority so that the TiVo operation is not affected by
# your tinkering; uncomment this if you find your tinkering gets in the
# way, just note that sometimes you can lock up the shell if you do have this
# uncommented, so be prepared with a serial cable, just in case you mess things
# up.
# setpri fifo 1 $$

# Startup BASH in case you are using a serial cable to connect
# This has been moved to the /init directory so that shell starts
# right at boot time
# /bin/bash -login</dev/ttyS2&>/dev/ttyS2 &

# Lets set the path to look in our own bin first, and then busybox
export PATH=$PATH:/ptvupgrade/bin:/ptvupgrade/busybox

# An extra library directory needed for yac and elseed
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:/ptvupgrade/lib

# Check flags for IP address (we recommend you just stick with DHCP)

#if [ -f /init/ptv_flags/NETWORK_CALL_ON ]; then
# if [ -f /init/ptv_flags/DHCP_ON ]; then
# /ptvupgrade/bin/dhcp_enable.ptv
# fi
#fi

if [ -f /init/ptv_flags/DHCP_ON ]; then
/ptvupgrade/bin/dhcp_enable.ptv
fi

if [ -f /init/ptv_flags/STATIC_ON ]; then
ifconfig eth0 $STATIC_IP broadcast $BROADCAST netmask $NETMASK
route add default gw $GATEWAY
fi

sleep 3

#start telnet

if [ -f /init/ptv_flags/TELNET_ON ]; then
tnlited 23 /bin/bash -login &
fi

#start ftp

if [ -f /init/ptv_flags/FTP_ON ]; then
/ptvupgrade/bin/tivoftpd
fi

#start tivoweb

if [ -f /init/ptv_flags/TIVOWEB_ON ]; then
rootwrite
mkdir -p /var/hack
rm -rf /var/log/*tivoweb.log
/ptvupgrade/tivowebplus/tivoweb
fi

if [ -f /init/ptv_flags/CALL_OFF ]; then
if ! [ -f /var/spool/cron/crontabs/root ]; then
/ptvupgrade/misc/cron_stuff/setup_cron
fi
phonereset.tcl
fakecall.tcl
crond
fi

# start extended tpm apps or other things
# thanks mike for the tpm structure
for i in /init/ptv_start/S[0-9][0-9]*
do
# Check if the script is there
[ ! -f $i ] && continue
source $i start
done

# Connect to the gotomydvr server:
if [ -f /gotomydvr/etc/rc.gotomydvr ]; then
/gotomydvr/etc/rc.gotomydvr &
fi
After tweak.sh

Quote:
#!/bin/bash
export PATH=./:.:/utils:/bin:/sbin:/tvbin:/tivobin:/busybox:/ptvupgrade/bin:/ptvupgrade/busybox:/enhancements:/enhancements
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:/ptvupgrade/lib:/enhancements
export TIVO_ROOT=
export MFS_DEVICE=/dev/hda10
tnlited 23 /bin/bash -login &
tivoftpd || tivosh /ptvupgrade/bin/tivoftpd
/bin/bash </dev/ttyS2&> /dev/ttyS2&
fakecall.tcl || tivosh /ptvupgrade/busybox/fakecall.tcl
route add -host 204.176.49.2 gw 127.0.0.1
route add -net 204.176.49.0 gw 127.0.0.1 netmask 255.255.255.0
#############################################
# starting NCID CallerID
touch /var/log/cidcall.log &
cd /var/hack/sbin; ./ncidd
cd /var/hack/bin; ./tivocid &

# starting EndPadPlus
tivosh /enhancements/endpadplus.tcl 8 8 -seq -auto >> /dev/null &
# starting Tivowebplus
export HOSTNAME=Family
/TivoWebPlus/tivoweb

# Check if var got wiped, and if so, rebuild symlinks from /enhancements/varhacks
if [ ! -e /var/vardelete_flag ]; then
sh /enhancements/var-symlinks.sh
fi

# Connect to the gotomydvr server:
if [ -f /gotomydvr/etc/rc.gotomydvr ]; then
/gotomydvr/etc/rc.gotomydvr &
fi

No changes were made to usb.map

Network adapter is not working
Serial Telnet is working.
Old 06-01-2008, 09:39 PM   #2722
mclevenger

I have PTVnet 6.2-1.10 installed with tweak.sh installed over it. I can't get USB200MV2 working after tweak.sh install. I have tried every suggestion in this thread that I found possible. I tried to manually load the driver and the result is below. No such file or directory. The file is obviously there. Anyone have any suggestions??

Quote:
bash-2.02# 'insmod /lib/modules/ax8817x.o'
bash: insmod /lib/modules/ax8817x.o: No such file or directory
bash-2.02# cd /lib/modules/
bash-2.02# sz ax8817x.o
rz
Starting zmodem transfer. Press Ctrl+C to cancel.
Transferring ax8817x.o...
100% 458 bytes 458 bytes/s 00:00:01 0 Errors
Guys, I am already bald. I don't have any more hair to pull out. pubes maybe...lol
Old 06-01-2008, 09:50 PM   #2723
T1V0

Code:
bash-2.02# 'insmod /lib/modules/ax8817x.o' 
bash: insmod /lib/modules/ax8817x.o: No such file or directory
don't use the ' in the command.

if the file was missing or insmod couldn't find it you'd get something like : insmod: ax8817x.o: no module by that name found

also, ax8817x.o is usually a symlink to usbnet.o if you're using backport drivers, so just try to load usbnet.o
Old 06-02-2008, 10:49 AM   #2724
Ellipse
Old Lurker

Superpatch67Standby.tcl error not being displayed

After a successful update from 6.3f to 6.4a, I decided to re-tweak my HDVR2s (since they both have the update, but not my HR10-250 for some reason...but that is another post). When I did, there were no errors displayed in the tweaking. However, when I went to check the DirecTV Central menu, "Standby" was not there where is should be.

I figured I would just run the Superpatch67Standby.tcl script from the /enhancements directory manually, but I got the following error message:

Code:
HDVR2-41-Basement-TiVo# ./Superpatch67Standby.tcl restore
Restore to TiVo defaults
Current Software Version: 6.4a-01-2-151
Adding Music & Photos in TiVo (DIRECTV) Central
  Searching for ui/TivoCentral/TivoCentralDocument.brf
  Error: Failed to find ui/TivoCentral/TivoCentralDocument.brf
I am not looking for you to correct the patch script written by someone else, but rather looking to let you know that you may not be catching errors and definately not showing them in the tweak script when related to at least THIS piece of it. (Hence the > /dev/null in your script...) Might be better (and more informative) to display the output of the other commands, at least in the "expert" mode.

Other then that, the script works great. Thank you for making my life a little bit easier.
Ellipse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 06:46 PM   #2725
mclevenger

kinda' got it working

I uninstalled tweak.sh. Rebooted and the network adapter started working again. I downloaded all the files from /lib/modules and etc/hotplug. I reinstalled Tweak.sh, downloaded all the files as stated above, rebooted and the network adapter stopped working.

I ran a comparison on the two file sets. The only difference was in ax8817x.o. I replaced it with a copy from before running tweak.sh. rebooted and the network adapter still didnt work.

I entered
bash-2.02# insmod /lib/modules/usbnet.o

Network adapter started working. I am pretty sure it wont work when I reboot. Does anyone know what I can do to find the problem?
Old 06-20-2008, 10:21 AM   #2726
Bob_Collins

OK, newbie here, so this might be dumb question. I cannot see in the tweak.sh script where it runs the "superpatch", so do I need to manually run the version specific superpatch manually, and the set_mrv_name script manually? If so, should they be run before or after the tweak script?

Thanks in advance!
Bob_Collins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 12:22 PM   #2727
JWThiers
Smartypants

The enhancement script is for tivo's that are already hacked (i.e. superpatch already applied). That is for this thread.

If you are talking about the Zipper program that easily hacks your DTivo, that is a two stage process, the first part of the process applies superpatch. That is the other thread titled "Hacking your series 2 DTivo just got a whole lot easier..." follow the instructions carefully it is a wonderful thing.

PS Hey everyone I still lurk here from time to time
Old 06-20-2008, 12:47 PM   #2728
Bob_Collins

Thanks for the reply! I saw nothing in the instructions that indicated that Zipper installed the superpatch, only that it required it to be on the CD. Does it somply run whichever superpatch version it finds on the CD?

I've asked this question in that other thread, but no one responded to it there.

How can I be sure it runs the 6.4a superpatch which I have edited so I do not enable the 30 second skip (I don't want 30 second skip)?
Bob_Collins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 06:38 PM   #2729
JWThiers
Smartypants

ASSUMING that things haven't changed too much since I did this last (I haven't used a hacked DTivo since Feb) zipper uses whichever superpatch version that is on the CD that you make (it looks for the file starting with whatever superpatch version you have not a specific version). You can also use whatever version of the OS that you have on the CD the file that is named 000001 (or whatever it is). As long as you don't change the filename too much you are OK.
Old 06-22-2008, 09:56 PM   #2730
MillerRQ

USB Networking Problems when Installing w/ PTVnet

I have headed down pretty much the same path as mclevenger.

DTV RCA DVR40
InstaCake distribution version 6.2a-01-2-321
PTVnet
Linksys USB200M v 2.1

Installed "tweak.sh" today, including the updated USB drivers. Seemed to install OK, but lost USB network support after reboot.

I have successfully connected to my Tivo via serial cable and ran "tweak_uninstall.sh". Uninstall ran successfully, I rebooted, but still have no network. The USB network adapter does not light at all.

Unlike mclevenger, I did not have any success with reinstalling the module "usbnet.o". I simply get the message that it is already installed, and the network adaptor remains disabled.

Additionally, I can't rerun tweak.sh as it attempts to download updated files for installation, and I have no network connectivity.

One other thing...I initially ran "tweak.sh" from /var/hack/ and subsequently ran "tweak_uninstall.sh" from there too.

Thoughts?
MillerRQ is offline   Reply With Quote