TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 03-14-2008, 08:56 PM   #5221
hifidigital

Quote:
Originally Posted by hifidigital View Post
My TiVo HD is ready to go... still gonna say a prayer that the CC install goes well.

I didn't realize it, but the TiVo HD has dual analog tuners... very cool.
The install didn't go well. The installer brought an M card, I put it in, the TiVo recognized it and everything was looking up. Then, testing the channels, only a very few showed up. Mostly the local digital stations, and one or two of the normal digital tier stations, and none of the old analog channels. The guy had the dispatcher call Comcast but was put on hold. He had to leave (another appt....and I was pissed), so I have a non-functioning CC install.

I complained and their tier two person said that it was most likely a bad card. She did verify the serial number of the card, as well as my account information. We have setup another appointment to have a tech come out, but I am going over to the local office and demand another card, which I will call in and activate (read a few numbers).

Why Comcast thinks plugging in a card and reading off a few numbers is worth $20 is beyond me.

Does anyone have a good list of Baltimore Comcast unencrypted channels since I think those are the only ones I'm getting? If thats the case, the card seems to be working, so does anyone think its still the card?
hifidigital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 08:30 AM   #5222
civicracer24

I just got my TiVo HD yesterday and I called Comcrap to see how I needed to go about getting an MCard for it... Melinda said to go to my local Comcrap office and pick one up... I verified with her that it would just be a self-install and she said yes. She also said that she checked that location to make sure they had the cards, and they did.

I go down to the office, waste an hour of my time, only to find out that indeed it is a service call and a tech needs to do it... I told them about my convo with Melinda and they said there was nothing they could do other than schedule an appt at a rate of $19.95... I told the lady at the desk to go to hell (politely but got my point accross).

Got home and called the CableCard support area... explained to Stormie there what I had experienced and that it was completely unacceptable... she agreed 100% and scheduled an install for me at no charge. I asked why Comcrap deems it necessary to send out a tech to put a card in my TiVo and to activate the card... any monkey can do that... and I think we all are beyond capable... she said that it was the simple fact that not all Cable Cards work like they should and that the techs have more on the truck in case one doesn't work.

I so wish Verizon had Fios in my area... people where I work have it and they absolutely LOVE IT... no problems with cablecard self installs... just amazing... why doesnt comcast figure out that they get bunk hardware and demand change in their suppliers?!?!?

TiVo HD - Best thing EVER!!

Western Digital 500gb "My DVR Expander"
civicracer24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 10:28 AM   #5223
cleverdevil

My experience...

I just went through the painful experience of getting CableCards from Comcast in Atlanta. Here's my experience:

http://cleverdevil.org/article/74/thats-comcastic
cleverdevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 02:11 PM   #5224
penguin s2k

I had my service turned on today. the installers didnt bring the cablecards with them, so i had to go down to the office and exchange my box for the cards. it was simple...10 minutes in and out. i got home and called the activation line and everything works!!!

this was at the baytown, tx office. if you are having trouble getting them, it may be worth the drive out here to get them. good luck
penguin s2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 06:40 PM   #5225
kwbdc

I stopped by the North Seattle Comcast office today to pick up a "M" card. The lady looked up my account asked me if it was for a Tivo and handed over the card after scanning it in the system. Now I'll cross my fingers hoping the install goes well after I get the Tivo HD on Monday. Overall a pretty painless trip to the Comcast office!
kwbdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 03:33 AM   #5226
wilsocr

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwbdc View Post
Overall a pretty painless trip to the Comcast office!
I had a painless trip to Comcast here in Spokane as well. Went in last month, picked up two cards (not knowing I only needed one) and installed it myself while on the phone with technical support. Was up and running within minutes. Returned the second card the following week. I waffled quite a while about getting TivoHD but I'm kicking myself for not getting it sooner!
wilsocr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 07:29 PM   #5227
jfcguy

Smile Newbie experience...

Newbie report here…

After about 7 ½ years with Direct TV and a SAT 60 TIVO and a HR10-250, I’ve decided to upgrade to TIVO HD with Comcast. I've held off as much as possible with the 250 - since I'm in the east coast, my HD channels still operate but the TIVO crashes every 5 or 6 days. I've spent about 4 months studying on your site and making sure I have my plan in place. To be honest, if I hadn’t read all your stories and comments, I’m sure my experience would’ve been terrible. Now – that’s not saying it went as planned – of course…

Called the local Jersey City Comcast number on Saturday March 6th, placed the order for the upgrade since I do have Comcast for my internet – had a young lady take my order very nicely although she knew NOTHING about what a cablecard was. I decided to be patient and explain and was very vocal on my request for 1 NEW Multi stream card. They were scheduled to come out on the 10th between Noon and 3pm - polite thank yous and that was that.

I was originally to get a Series 3, but after looking at the features and the space, I decided to go with the TIVO HD instead. Went to Best Buy Sunday and picked it up along with the DVR Expander. Came home and set everything up – HDMI cables, the line that Comcast had already in the house (with QAM service, etc. etc.). Called Comcast that night and confirmed the appointment and that the Cablecard request was on the order.

Started the TIVO up the next morning and had it update itself online until it got the 9.2a software which took less than an hour. Relaxed and waited until the afternoon.

2 pm – no technician… I called Comcast – “oh – he’s on his way”
3:15 pm — “you’re next on the list”
3:45 pm — The dispatcher calls me to tell me he’s running 45 minutes late – I said – I know – he was due here before 3pm.

By 4:20pm, I was fuming and spoke to someone to get a dispatcher with details to call me back or reconsider how they’d like to take my online service out instead of installing TV service. The dispatcher apologized and said that the last job was a difficult one – and I would definitely have someone out today. At 5:01pm, my technician arrived. I opened the door and welcomed him in – he apologized and before taking him upstairs to my apartment, I asked what kind of cablecards he brought. The guy said – "Cablecards? I don’t have any of those." That’s as far as he got. I turned around and said –Excuse me, you mean to tell me, I’ve been waiting for 5 hours for a technician that doesn’t even have the proper equipment that was explicitly mentioned on the order? The guy looked at me like I was speaking tongues and said I didn’t know this was a Cablecard – I literally screamed and said – Cablecard isn’t written there anywhere? THEN – while I’m hollering at him, he noticed the Cablecard details on the “NOTES” of the order - at the bottom. This is when he called his dispatcher on his speakerphone.

His dispatcher could hear me fuming upstairs and the installer was like – I’m 2 hours late and I don’t have a thing for this guy – we need to fix this... I stood at the top of the stairs while the installer was put on hold for a few – and I apologized to the installer but I went onto explain – you set us up with all these expectations of great service, then you don’t deliver on the install and people feel disappointed from the get-go!

The dispatcher got on the speakerphone, and apologized on me – then promised someone would be at my house sometime tonight – and I said – I want your name – which he gave me, and said if I didn’t have this taken care of by tonight, tomorrow I’d be canceling. The installer left, and I sat back down fuming with a drink.

Amazingly, 1 hour and 10 minutes later, 2 installers came to my house – one with a Brand New Motorola Cablecard, and the other with cables for my bedroom tv (which doesn’t need anything but a wall jack). The installer CableCard guy came in – apologized, put the card in, knew exactly what to do, press, what channels to test and who to call and before I knew it – there were my HD and Premium channels, and after a restart, the Tivo did it's thing and it looks bleeping awesome.

DVR expander took 2 restarts to get going (don't know why) but it's as smooth as silk. Finally, I'm not paying a red penny for my Cablecard and I got a good deal from Comcast - $110/month for Internet, HBO, Showtime and Starz all in HD considering with Direct TV I was paying $114 alone with HBO and Showtime.

WOO HOO!!!

Last edited by jfcguy : 03-16-2008 at 07:51 PM.
jfcguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 10:00 AM   #5228
cmc0

Anyone know how to solve the problem where I got the technician yesterday to install my cablecard, but unfortunately, I get every channel except HBO. I even called customer service again to send a signal hit to the card, but HBO is no go. Anyone had a problem like mine and how to get my cablecard programmed to decrypt HBO as well
cmc0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 10:49 AM   #5229
thuber

Quote:
Originally Posted by civicracer24 View Post
I just got my TiVo HD yesterday and I called Comcrap to see how I needed to go about getting an MCard for it... Melinda said to go to my local Comcrap office and pick one up... I verified with her that it would just be a self-install and she said yes. She also said that she checked that location to make sure they had the cards, and they did.

I go down to the office, waste an hour of my time, only to find out that indeed it is a service call and a tech needs to do it... I told them about my convo with Melinda and they said there was nothing they could do other than schedule an appt at a rate of $19.95... I told the lady at the desk to go to hell (politely but got my point accross).

SNIP
I got my refurb TiVoHD from Woot.com last Thursday and stopped by the local Comcast office to see if I could do a self-install (cause you can't just call and ask... no published phone number). The woman behind the counter (with the pierced lips) looked at me as if I wanted to perform a self-appendectomy and told me I needed a service call.

So I got home and called to schedule a service call, only to be told by the customer service rep that I had to get a card from my local office and do a self-install. I mentioned that I had already tried that and after further discussion I was transferred to a different rep who scheduled the appointment.

The cable guy (my son wanted to know if his name was Larry) came on Friday afternoon (15 minutes after the END of the appointment window) and spent 1 1/2 hours... most of it sitting waiting for EMMs to be sent. He indicated he hated TiVo cablecard installs, being forced to sit in front of my TV while he waited for the central office to figure out what to do.

Eventually everything came through and the M-card was up and running. So far so good.

I have encountered the unexpected re-boot issue when I change HDTV channels too quickly. But it is SO much better than the Comcast DVR that I'm willing to overlook the problem. Hopefully they'll get it fixed soon.

Timothy
thuber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 12:16 PM   #5230
peternelson

(I also posted this message in the Woot refurb thread)

I also bought the TiVoHD from Woot. It arrived last Wednesday with all pieces. I made an appointment with Comcast (Ann Arbor, MI) on Friday to install the CableCard. Before the cable installer came I ran it through Guided Setup with just analog cable. My TiVoHD has a manufacturing date in Nov 2007 and came with v8 software. I forced a network connection a few times until I saw that it downloaded the latest v9 software. After restarting the TiVo, everything worked great (although this is only with "basic" cable).

The cable installer came on Friday afternoon with a couple MCards and stayed for nearly 4 hours trying to get one of them to work! Unfortunately by the time he got to my house (around 4:30-5:00pm) the "dispatch office" at Comcast was really busy (probably understaffed on a Friday night) and everytime he called he was put on hold for 30-45 minutes, just trying to get the card activated. The card was never activated properly - we even went through the whole process again with another MCard (which took another hour at least, since Comcast phone support was so slow). Comcast would send a signal to activate the card, and we could see signs of activation/communication (it had "OOB" communication) but the TiVo would get stuck on the "Acquiring Channel List" screen everytime it tried to tune in a channel. I finally let the guy leave around 9pm when we realized we had to call again. I stayed on hold with Comcast and had them send another signal to the MCard which still didn't work.

On Saturday morning I called TiVo directly and had a REALLY helpful phonecall with TiVo customer support. She walked me through some debugging (similar information can be found on TiVo's website) and found that my CableCard wasn't properly activated/paired. She took down all of my information (including cable card #'s, etc) and even made the phone call to Comcast to help me set up a new appointment. Comcast tried to send another signal to my CableCard, but that still didn't work. Eventually I got connected to the local installation supervisor at Comcast (Randy) who was really, really helpful, and within a half-hour of taking down my CableCard info over the phone, he was able to activate my MCard and get my TiVoHD working!

Everything works now - the TiVoHD is fantastic!
peternelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 12:39 PM   #5231
jandrepont

Glad to hear some of these great success stories lately. I'm still waiting for Comcast to stock more CableCards. I was told that they've been out of them for months with no ETA on new stock. Sounds like BS to me.

So my new Woot TiVoHD just sits here and collects dust particles. Anyone else having/had issues with Comcast here in Alexandria, VA regarding obtaining CableCards? "Out of stock" doesn't sound right to me.
jandrepont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 01:26 PM   #5232
McGuireV10

Here in Jax, FL they told me M-cards weren't available... but when I showed up at the office today and asked for two CableCards, all they had in stock were M-cards, which was fine by me. I paid $1.50 to rent the M-card and that's it. They removed the rental charge for the horrible DCH3416 that I was returning.

I had to call somebody and read off the numbers from the CableCard Pair screen, and within about 30 minutes the channels started working. Now I'm just waiting to see if the guide data updates correctly (I had previously set up the non-HD channels before I had the card).
McGuireV10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 04:35 PM   #5233
spinkick

Arrow

So I called comcast saturday night when I got a new tivo hd for my birthday. The lady told me to go get the cable cards at my local branch and that I could install.

i walk into the place, and the line is HUGE (picture a secretary of state office, where everyone isnt happy being there, and most folks at the *bullet proof windows* are arguing about their bills, how much everything costs, and the poor service they are having.

So I sigh, and get in line. I brought along my old comcast dvr and after 30 minutes of waiting, I get to a man who happily takes the dvr and asks if there is anything else they could help with today. I tell the guy that id like two cable cards and he acts like hes seen a ghost. Oh,no no, we dont have those here, we have to send a technician out for that. I asked them if there where any other brances that had cable cards so I could do it myself, and he said "no", without even thinking about it, I noticed.

So I have a tech scheduled to come out on Friday, and its up to a roll of the dice if I get a good one or not. Its really frustrating, being a technical person, having to rely on these underpaid, undereducated techs, to get our stuff done. Not to mention, I dont prefer strangers in my home, eyeing my things. lol.

Here's to hoping things turn out okay this friday. Since its good friday, I am willing to bet the office is going to be understaffed and we will have a tech guest for the day.

Take care all
spinkick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 09:18 PM   #5234
b_scott
TiVo Fan

Chicago.

self-installing an M-card into a TivoHD (long story)

I have Comcast. it's been Aquiring Channel Information (blue screen, white/black wheel) for 10-15 minutes so far. this is normal, right?

yeah no dice. after two hours on/off the phone it is not getting the signal, it's just bouncing back. apparently this is a problem with some M-Cards. he's elevating it to their tech guys and going to call me back tomorrow night i guess.

:sigh:

i was really looking forward to HD tonight.
b_scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 09:53 PM   #5235
joyriderama

Minneapolis

I finally had my Cablecards installed today. I was a little apprehensive when the kid(*I'm 32) came in without any noticeable equipment, so I almost thought he was just random guy showing up at my apartment door. But, he absolutely knew what he was doing, and I could tell he had done it before. It took him all of 30 minutes to get everything set up, but my account isn't that detailed. HD, with sports tier; that's it. No HBO, no Showtime, nothing like that.

He left pretty quickly, and I ended up having problems with my internet connection. I couldn't run the guided set-up, and I realized what was happening when my laptop wouldn't connect to any sites. So, I called Comcast(twice), and the 2nd time I was transferred to a very helpful guy that restructured my account so that my internet connection worked again. Thus, I was able to run the guided set-up, and everything went as planned.

If I must say, the picture from the TivoHD is better than the SA 8300HDDVR. I'm not even sure it's close. TivoHD is pretty. Without this forum, I never would have known to question my Comcast account when the problem came up. So, thanks, the whole lot of you!
joyriderama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 10:34 PM   #5236
kwbdc

Well, got my TivoHD and 46" panasonic plasma in today. Called Comcast to activate the cablecard and it took 4 minutes total. I've got a bunch of HD channels but it seems like a few of the SD channels still aren't in yet. Does it take some time for all of them to show up?
kwbdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 12:52 AM   #5237
danjw1

Comcast just gave me a bunch of new channels and my Tivo doesn't have guide data and even wrong data on the some of the channels. I can't get it to record HBO-HD because Comcast moved the channel. I get the channel, but Tivo doesn't see that I am supposed to have it so it won't let me record anything on that channel other than to record the next 30 minutes. Is this something I need to talk to Tivo about or Comcast?

Thanks

Dan
danjw1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 08:54 AM   #5238
thuber

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGuireV10 View Post
Here in Jax, FL they told me M-cards weren't available... but when I showed up at the office today and asked for two CableCards, all they had in stock were M-cards, which was fine by me. I paid $1.50 to rent the M-card and that's it. They removed the rental charge for the horrible DCH3416 that I was returning.

I had to call somebody and read off the numbers from the CableCard Pair screen, and within about 30 minutes the channels started working. Now I'm just waiting to see if the guide data updates correctly (I had previously set up the non-HD channels before I had the card).
Don't neglect to repeat the guided setup so that it knows about the HD channels.
Old 03-18-2008, 08:57 AM   #5239
thuber

Quote:
Originally Posted by danjw1 View Post
Comcast just gave me a bunch of new channels and my Tivo doesn't have guide data and even wrong data on the some of the channels. I can't get it to record HBO-HD because Comcast moved the channel. I get the channel, but Tivo doesn't see that I am supposed to have it so it won't let me record anything on that channel other than to record the next 30 minutes. Is this something I need to talk to Tivo about or Comcast?

Thanks

Dan
It's a Tivo thing. The Tivo program guide should update to reflect changes in your cable company's lineup. Comcast here in CT recently added Animal Planet and SciFi to the HD lineup. The Tivo guide recognizes the channels are there but doesn't have any program guide data yet.

Note that you can manually set up a recording by channel and time without the program guide. Not a great solution but it works in a pinch.

Tim
Old 03-18-2008, 10:02 AM   #5240
b_scott
TiVo Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottW_CO View Post
Bit-o-news on the Comcast/SDV front:

http://www.engadget.com/2007/06/13/c...-800-the-next/
yeah, that happened.
Old 03-18-2008, 10:19 AM   #5241
hybucket

Good grief. That item is 15 months old!!!
hybucket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 05:06 PM   #5242
jdeec

New TiVo HD owner(thanks Woot), Comcast Limited Basic subscriber.

I went to the local Comcast office(Foster City, CA), told the lady I needed a CableCard and gave her my account info. She asked how many cards I needed, told her 1 M-Card, she asked if it was for a TiVo, I said yes. She grabs a card and a sheet of paper, with instructions specifically for installing the card into a TiVo. I ask her if it's self-installation, she says yes and prints out a bill(no charges, which there shouldn't have been anyway), hands me the paper and card and off I go. I spent about 5 mins. in the office.

When setting up my TiVo last night, I guess I didn't get the lastest software, so when I got home I had to go through the update process, unfortunately that's about the time when my lunch break ended. I'll have to finish the rest of the setup tonight, but so far so good.
jdeec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 05:27 PM   #5243
jrdjrnola

Series 3 HD needs 2 cards

I asked Comcast to bring out 2 cards and the guy shows up today with 1 M card saying it will work. They don't know enough about Tivo to know that an M card will work on a Series 3 HD with software 8.0.1c or later but it acts as a single stream card. So you need 2 cards (either S or M) for dual tuner capability. Now I've got to wait till Tuesday for them to send out another card. The Atlanta office (Cobb Pkwy) won't give them to you over the counter. Arghhh!

Here is the info from Tivo.com:

Currently, the Series3 HD DVR will support M-Cards in single-stream mode, which means that the DVR requires two (2) CableCARDs to run in dual-tuner mode. The DVR must also be running software version 8.0.1c or later. (S-Cards are supported in all software versions.) Your Series3 HD DVR may have shipped with an earlier version of the software installed. The software will be updated automatically, but not until the DVR completes Guided Setup for the first time, and then downloads and indexes the full 14 days of Guide data immediately after Guided Setup.

To ensure that your CableCARD installation runs smoothly, we recommend that you complete Guided Setup on your Series3 HD DVR before the installer arrives to install the CableCARDs. If you perform Guided Setup at least two days before your installation appointment, your DVR will update to the latest software automatically and will be ready to run either S-Cards or M-Cards.
If you perform Guided Setup on the day of the appointment, you should check your software version and, if necessary, force a software update. For more information, go to Software Version Troubleshooting.

We are exploring support of M-Cards in multi-stream mode for the Series3 HD DVR.
jrdjrnola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 09:29 PM   #5244
eharan

Comcast Monmouth County NJ - No Cablecards

I have been trying to get cablecards for my new Series 3 for over a month now and they claim they don't have them in stock and don't know when they will get them. I am extremely frustrated, anyone have nay luck in this area?
eharan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 09:48 PM   #5245
ajayabb

I am having the same problem here in Burlington county. No cable cards for over the last 1 week. I was told to reschedule a truck roll for next week. It is frustrating that I cant drive over to a Comcast center and pick them up. Instead, I have to rely on them to tell me when they will be available. I would happily drive a few extra miles to pick cards up at a different Comcast depot if it meant getting the cards sooner

2 Roamio Plus Tivos
1 Tivo Mini
Running Pytivo and Streambaby
ajayabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 04:23 AM   #5246
bobbyy1000

This has probably been answered already but does the Series 3 Tivo boxes work with the comcast On-Demand? Do I need a cablecard for the on-demand feature to work with the series 3 tivo? Will it work for the series 2?
bobbyy1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 07:18 AM   #5247
hifidigital

Quote:
Originally Posted by hifidigital View Post
The install didn't go well. The installer brought an M card, I put it in, the TiVo recognized it and everything was looking up. Then, testing the channels, only a very few showed up. Mostly the local digital stations, and one or two of the normal digital tier stations, and none of the old analog channels. The guy had the dispatcher call Comcast but was put on hold. He had to leave (another appt....and I was pissed), so I have a non-functioning CC install.

I complained and their tier two person said that it was most likely a bad card. She did verify the serial number of the card, as well as my account information. We have setup another appointment to have a tech come out, but I am going over to the local office and demand another card, which I will call in and activate (read a few numbers).

Why Comcast thinks plugging in a card and reading off a few numbers is worth $20 is beyond me.

Does anyone have a good list of Baltimore Comcast unencrypted channels since I think those are the only ones I'm getting? If thats the case, the card seems to be working, so does anyone think its still the card?
I went to the lobby for a new card, and you guessed it, they don't give out cards at the lobby. I then called that evening and spoke to another tech who got the card to come up VAL: V, but still I didn't have channels.

The tech that came out yesterday (in house) didn't know much more about cablecards then the first idiot did, but did get it working. He swapped out the card, and took out a splitter (he said the signal was low). So, now I don't know if the problem was the card, or the decreased signal strength...

I think I'm going to put the splitter back in and see what happens.

Now I've got to call Comcast and request some sort of refund for not having service for the past week. What a pain.
hifidigital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 09:07 AM   #5248
robmfielding

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyy1000 View Post
This has probably been answered already but does the Series 3 Tivo boxes work with the comcast On-Demand? Do I need a cablecard for the on-demand feature to work with the series 3 tivo? Will it work for the series 2?
Comcast On-Demand does not work with the Tivo brand boxes (Tivo Series 3, Tivo HD or Tivo Series 2). Cable card technology is not currently capable of two way communication and there is no guarantee those boxes will ever work with On-demand. That said, I currently use Amazon Unbox for "on-demand" content. You can check it out at tivo.com and amazon.com for further details and there is a message forum in Tivocommunity as well.
robmfielding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 09:08 AM   #5249
Kyven

Angry Comcast/Adelphia

I could use a little advice here.

Here's the basics. I live in South Florida in the old Adelphia area which is now Comcast. I have a TIVOHD with lifetime and two S Cards. Comcast insists they do not have M Cards.

They bill me for the S Cards as follows.

1 Cable Card Free
1 Cable Card $2

Digital Service $5.50
Additional Digital $6.50
HDTV Service $13.90

In other words, the two cards cost me about $28 a month!

I have talked to them until I can't stand it anymore.

They tell me that I can cut my bill by over $20 simply by putting my Tivo in the closet and getting their DVR and DVR service.

This seems very wrong to me.

Any help please?
Kyven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 09:27 AM   #5250
b_scott
TiVo Fan

ok, so you left out some info then. you have a box as well as the two cablecards?

you shouldn't have to pay for HDTV service, unless it isn't part of your package - and if it isn't maybe you should upgrade - sometimes it's cheaper that way. Digital Starter should be like $55 a month total and that includes digital, a box and one cablecard, plus most HDTV channels that aren't premium. you'd have to pay for the second cablecard ($2). i don't know how they're getting you on an additional outlet if you're already paying for the box.

also, maybe tell them the FCC mandates they carry the cablecards you need - and if they don't have them you shouldn't have to pay for the second one since it's possible to only have one.