TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 02-07-2008, 07:54 PM   #61
richsadams

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthplagueis86 View Post
Well, after 2 days of the problem going away, it is slowly, but surely returning again. My SNR number is at 35/36 on all of my channels, and I have 0 RS corrected numbers and 0 RS uncorrected numbers. I am only getting pixelation on about 3/4 of my HD channels, but after the cable guy came two days ago, it was fine on all channels. I have a feeling that it will progressively get worse again. When the cable guy came, I told him that Tivo said my cable cards are activated, but not paired up, and he said he had no clue what that means. He also said that the attenuators are making my problem worse, and that RS corrected numbers are not causing this either. I am really doubting the knowledge of Tivo and Verizon at this point, because both have been giving me the runaround for weeks. I am at a loss at to what I should do next. I am am considering even returning Tivo, and just going back to the regular verizon HD box. Any last minute advice?
SNR of 35/36 (or higher) is above the "sweet spot" of 31/32. It may be enough to cause problems. Cableco's are famous for just increasing the signal strength rather than fine-tuning it to the ideal. I'd have another go with the cable guy again...and this time ask for someone that understands cable cards and TiVo. If it was good for a while, something is changing to cause problems. It may well be that something is wrong with TiVo but until everything is right from the cable company, that will be hard to determine.

If you have a TiVo case number, keep it open and if you can't get satisfaction from the cableco ask TiVo for a three-way call so you, the cableco and TiVo can all be on the line at the same time.

Hang in there...it can work! With four-million + subscriptions I guess there will be some problems and it's too bad that you (or anyone) has to go through these sorts of things. You have my sympathy and I wouldn't blame you if you bailed, but it might be worth another look.
richsadams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 07:59 PM   #62
ilh

Hold on a sec. If he is seeing 0 uncorrected RS errors, how can this be a signal problem (too hot)?
ilh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 10:26 PM   #63
AbMagFab
What happened, TiVo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by richsadams View Post
SNR of 35/36 (or higher) is above the "sweet spot" of 31/32. It may be enough to cause problems. Cableco's are famous for just increasing the signal strength rather than fine-tuning it to the ideal. I'd have another go with the cable guy again...and this time ask for someone that understands cable cards and TiVo. If it was good for a while, something is changing to cause problems. It may well be that something is wrong with TiVo but until everything is right from the cable company, that will be hard to determine.

If you have a TiVo case number, keep it open and if you can't get satisfaction from the cableco ask TiVo for a three-way call so you, the cableco and TiVo can all be on the line at the same time.

Hang in there...it can work! With four-million + subscriptions I guess there will be some problems and it's too bad that you (or anyone) has to go through these sorts of things. You have my sympathy and I wouldn't blame you if you bailed, but it might be worth another look.

If you see 0/0 on the RS items, then it's a source problem, not a Tivo or signal problem.

Multiple S3s, HDs, HDXLs, Premieres - all looking like relics now
TiVo is on it's way out -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
!
AbMagFab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 11:35 PM   #64
richsadams

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbMagFab View Post
If you see 0/0 on the RS items, then it's a source problem, not a Tivo or signal problem.
That's pretty much my take on it too.
Old 02-08-2008, 09:51 AM   #65
darthplagueis86

Ok, the cable guy is coming out again(for a 5th time) and I noticed that my RS corrected/uncorrected numbers have gon efrom 0 from last night, now they are at 400-600 range. I will tell the cable guy to check the signal source, as you reccomended. I'll let you know what he does. I hope this works this time!!!
darthplagueis86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 10:46 AM   #66
richsadams

IIRC the recommend signal strength should be -10 to +10 dBmV with a SNR of 31-32. The tech should be putting a device on the line at the TiVo connection point to measure the signal. To address these issues most cableco's will simply increase the signal strength which may work for their own STB's and DVR's (particularly one's w/o cable cards) but too strong a signal (just as too weak a signal) can cause havoc with TiVo.

The RS corrected/uncorrected numbers indicate a signal/tuner issue for that particular channel at that particular time. It's possible/probable that you would have seen an erratic SNR at that time as well.

Last edited by richsadams : 02-08-2008 at 10:51 AM.
Old 02-10-2008, 02:48 PM   #67
darthplagueis86

Now my tivo won't even receive any HD channels at all. I called tivo, they insists that the cable cards need to be paired up, then I call verizon to ask them to pair them up. Verizon will not provide any support at all because it is a tivo product, and the cable cards have already been swaped, the lines have been checked, and the signal is fine. So basically, I have no service at all on my tivo hd channels, and neither compnay will help me out. I have a $800 tivo box, which does not work, and it not eliglbe for return. What to do???
Old 02-10-2008, 03:06 PM   #68
ciucca

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthplagueis86 View Post
Now my tivo won't even receive any HD channels at all. I called tivo, they insists that the cable cards need to be paired up, then I call verizon to ask them to pair them up. Verizon will not provide any support at all because it is a tivo product, and the cable cards have already been swaped, the lines have been checked, and the signal is fine. So basically, I have no service at all on my tivo hd channels, and neither compnay will help me out. I have a $800 tivo box, which does not work, and it not eliglbe for return. What to do???
Did you try the attenuator work around? You can order from smart home.
ciucca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 03:32 PM   #69
darthplagueis86

yes, no luck..just made things worse. on the right now with tivo/verizon trying to get my cable cards paired up...that is what tvio says will fix the problem, but verizon will not pair them up, just activate them. This is hell!!
Old 02-10-2008, 03:42 PM   #70
ciucca

let us know what happens. As far as I know Verizon does not pair the cards to the device. In the CC menu on my TIVO, in "the conditional access" menu. The "host validation" is unknown 00. I would be interested to know if pairing actually makes a difference. I have heard that Verizon is not able to pair the cards at this time in their system, but may be able to by the end of the year.
Old 02-10-2008, 06:13 PM   #71
ochlocracy

I’ve been working on trying to solve my problems for weeks now, and I think I finally got this band-aid fix to work. I’ve done a lot to get my Series 3 & Tivo HD to work with FiOS. I just wanted to make a post here with all the information I’ve collected because I think it could help lead to a more permanent fix.

When I first got my series 3back in June I had pixilation on almost all my SD channels, none on my HD. After a month or so it went away on it’s own and worked great up until Dec. Since Dec. I’ve had the problem on about a dozen SD channels, still all of the HD are fine. After reading through all of the information here I found the attenuator fix, but was unable to find the correct combination. I’d get to the point where pixilation occurred once every 5 min, instead of once every 5 sec. which was watchable, but that would drop my signal so low that at certain times of the day I couldn’t tune to some channels ie. HD.

Without attenuation my signal is great on my all my channels except the dozen or so that pixilate. The good channels are all above 95, and fluctuate between 95-100 every 3-4 sec. The bad channels are all over the board, and fluctuate typically from 40-100 every sec.

I tried all the things mentioned on the forums; replaced cable cards, replaced splitters, attenuation, ran a direct line to the ONT, replaced the ONT, removed all other devices from the line including ActionTech router, etc.

So I finally started to investigate this further and found out that the channels I have problems with share the same frequencies. I am in the Tampa area and these are the channels that I have problems with on my Series 3 and the frequencies they run on.

Tivo Series 3
Station Freq (Mhz) Channel
Lifetime 435.000 120
Oxygen 435.000 124
Bravo 435.000 165
Nick 435.000 256
History 441.000 108
SOAP 441.000 123
Style 441.000 140
Scifi 441.000 160
A&E 441.000 161
Toon Disney 441.000 221
CNN 447.000 80
CNN-HL 447.000 81
CNN-WN 447.000 86
Cartoon Network 447.000 227
Boom 447.000 228

I haven’t had time to check every channel one by one, but since I started seeing the pattern I was certain now It’s Verizon signal….or some interference in that range…or tivo doesn’t like that range.

I had a Verizon tech out here this morning, and the tech turned out of be an old acquaintance so I jumped at the opportunity to bug the hell of him, probe him for information and ask him for as many favors as I could in order to solve this problem once and for all because I didn’t have any luck with attenuation, and was certain my problems lay with their signal. He admitted he wasn’t the most knowledgably person to talk to about why those frequencies were the only ones that were affected but said he would take any information I had and pass it to someone who would.

I got him to bring out his test meter and plug it into my line. Results showed the signal was anyway from -1db to +2db on the channels he was trained to test, think he said 2, 50, and 2??; so I asked him to punch in 80 and his metered showed -30db, then channel 120 also showed -30s. Now he was unsure if the channel option actually tuned to the actual channel associated for TV signal, but only my bad channels were showing the -30db, everything else was near 0…so... possible more evidence that it’s Verizon’s signal.

We were unable to solve the problem while he was here, but he did leave me another pile of attenuators so I could continue to play musical attenuators.
I printed out all the information we had so he could pass it along to another tech. I’m hoping to get a call tomorrow from another tech that understands the cable system a little better, and it willing to work with me on this TiVo issue assuming its Verizon’s signal.

After he left, I finally decided to see if I could get this attenuator fix to work. I removed all the excess coax and splitters going to other TVs and just focused on my series 3, and after 22.5db worth of attenuation (in the middle of the line, not at the TiVo) it’s the best it’s going to get. There is still pixilation, but it’s minimal, maybe once an hour and my other channels seem to have enough strength @70s with a SNR 32-34. So in my case 31 was not the magic number on my Series 3. (22.5db includes all attenuation from the ONT, all splitters, and attenuators)

After the success with the Series 3 I went to my TiVo HD to try to get rid of the problems on the two channels. Pixilation solved at 20.5db of attenuation, Signal strength @80s, and SNR of 31-32.

While I was trying the attenuator fix I called TiVo support in hopes they had a new answer to my problem since the last time I called. The support agent was interested in the frequencies that were problematic, and asked for all the info I had about them so she could pass it along; but still no new information.

All in all after weeks of trying to tune to SNR of 31 with attenuators, I finally got this fix to work. I still hope to hear from a new tech tomorrow, and try to solve the problem without using so much attenuation, I’ll keep you guys posted. But I’d like to see what channels/frequencies/market others were having their problems I believe it could lead to a more permanent fix.

Last edited by ochlocracy : 02-11-2008 at 11:47 AM.
ochlocracy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 06:52 PM   #72
ciucca

I'm am having the same problems with the same frequencies you are, the only difference is that they are mapped to the digital local channels I receive here in NNJ. It's my guess everyone is experiencing problems on the low frequencies, but depending were you are different channels are mapped to them, explaining why it shows up on different channels for different people.

I think it's definitely the low frequency bands that are having the issue. Sorry the attenuation has not worked for you. I am using 16dbmv of attenuation and although I still get low number of uncorrected errors in the QAM freq range you mention, it is barely noticeable, a few hundreds in a about 4 hours time. Keep trying the attenuators you may need a few db more.

Good write up. I'm glad you are keeping on top of the issue. I hope it can be fixed in software, but I'm skeptical, I think it is the QAM tuners TIVO uses. I read somewhere that TIVO uses a consumer grade QAM tuner, and Motorola uses a better one. What else explains why the Motorola STBs don't have nearly the same problem. TIVO probably used cheap tuners to save money. I work in the telecommunications hardware industry and I can't count how many times cheaper hardware chips were substituted to save production costs. The majority of the time it came back to bit them, because the chip did not perform to spec.
Old 02-11-2008, 06:37 AM   #73
GoHokies!
O2->CO2 Converter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciucca View Post
Good write up. I'm glad you are keeping on top of the issue. I hope it can be fixed in software, but I'm skeptical, I think it is the QAM tuners TIVO uses. I read somewhere that TIVO uses a consumer grade QAM tuner, and Motorola uses a better one. What else explains why the Motorola STBs don't have nearly the same problem. TIVO probably used cheap tuners to save money. I work in the telecommunications hardware industry and I can't count how many times cheaper hardware chips were substituted to save production costs. The majority of the time it came back to bit them, because the chip did not perform to spec.
Can you explain how test equipment measures all the channels near 0dB except for the "problem channels" (which are at -30dB) is in any way whatsoever related to the tuners that Tivo used in their hardware?

(hint: Not possible. It's a Verizon problem).

• To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

• To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
GoHokies! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 07:39 AM   #74
ciucca

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoHokies! View Post
Can you explain how test equipment measures all the channels near 0dB except for the "problem channels" (which are at -30dB) is in any way whatsoever related to the tuners that Tivo used in their hardware?

(hint: Not possible. It's a Verizon problem).
I can only speak to my house were I am having a similar issue. I have tested the signal and although there are signal fluctuations it is no where near a 30db drop. I and many others that have Motorola boxes and TIVO have a problem with the TIVO. Explain that. Logic tells me if the Motorola boxes work and the Tivo does not , then, well what do you think it is
Old 02-11-2008, 10:19 AM   #75
rschare

I've read a bunch of these threads. Can someone tell me how to test the attenuation of the signal? Do I do this on different channels? Thank you.
Old 02-11-2008, 11:31 AM   #76
ochlocracy

I did some more trouble shooting today trying to narrow down the problem.

I started with the Motorola box. This box sits in a room that no one is ever in so I have not known if there has been any pixilation. Hooked it up; direct line to the ONT no attenuation. So I sat in there watching about an hour worth of TV flipping through the channels, watching the known bad channels for anything. No pixilation occurred during the this time, but I did notice that the pictured appeared to stumble.. Hard to explain, but I figured I was looking to deep into it trying to find anything.

The Motorola box is a SD box attached to an SD TV via composite so I thought maybe composite might handle the problems (if they were there) differently since itís an analog signal. So I moved to my Tivo HD and hooked it up with both S-video and composite; pixilation still occurred without the correct attenuation.

The Motorola box does pixilate when it is first tuning to any channel, but thatís all I could find. I was also able to make it pixilate when I fiddled with the coax, not necessarily the connections, but just moving it around.

Next I moved onto my Samsung HD TV that had a cable card in the back and had some success. I first ran a direct line from the ONT without any attenuation. Then I stole a cable card from my TiVo HD and put it in the back, and started flipping through the channels. Found some new channels that pixilated, and what do u know the 3 channels I found are all on the same frequency. It appears my HDTV doesnít like the 777mhz.

So now of my 3 cable card devices, each of them dislikes itís own frequencies.

Hereís my current list.

Tivo HD
WGN 411.000 9
Comedy 429.000 170

Tivo Series 3
Lifetime 435.000 120
Oxygen 435.000 124
Bravo 435.000 165
Nick 435.000 256
History 441.000 108
SOAP 441.000 123
Style 441.000 140
Scifi 441.000 160
A&E 441.000 161
Toon Disney 441.000 221
CNN 447.000 80
CNN-HL 447.000 81
CNN-WN 447.000 86
Cartoon Network 447.000 227
Boom 447.000 228

Samsung HDTV
FUNIMAT 777.000 231
TVONE 777.000 241
FAMNET 777.000 212
Old 02-11-2008, 12:07 PM   #77
rifleman69

Quote:
Originally Posted by rschare View Post
I've read a bunch of these threads. Can someone tell me how to test the attenuation of the signal? Do I do this on different channels? Thank you.

Yes, under diagnostics in the tivo menu. You can tune to any channel you receive and you'll see how good of a signal is coming in.
rifleman69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 07:39 AM   #78
ciucca

One interesting thing I noticed last night while troubleshooting a QIP6416 issue.
I was "unscrewing" the cable from the back of the Moto 6416 box and my wife noticed pixelation on the TIVOHD (I have 16db of attenuation on the tivo). I then put the diagnostics screen on the tivo and had my wife remove and replace the 6416 cable in the other room, and the uncorrected and corrected errors started rapidly increasing on the tivo.

I am going to try to turn off all the other moto boxes I have and the router and see if I still get pixelation without the attenuation. It's possible the 2-way communication and/or the moca on the coax is causing interference the tivo can't handle. Has anyone already tried this test? To be able to test this for a 24 hour period I will have to send the family away for a few days Just wondering if anyone tried it, before I start fighting with my family.
Old 02-12-2008, 07:51 AM   #79
GoHokies!
O2->CO2 Converter

That's a really good thought.

GoHokies! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 08:23 AM   #80
ochlocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciucca View Post
It's possible the 2-way communication and/or the moca on the coax is causing interference the tivo can't handle. Has anyone already tried this test? To be able to test this for a 24 hour period I will have to send the family away for a few days Just wondering if anyone tried it, before I start fighting with my family.

Yeah I had my ONT switched over ethernet for my internet so I didn't have to use crappy ActionTech router with the super small 1KB NAT table. So my 1 motorla box no longer receives guide data, and my internet is no longer on the MoCA.

Didn't fix the problems.
Old 02-13-2008, 12:15 PM   #81
ciucca

Well, after literally hours of getting nowhere with DirecTV and having them send out a service tech (who replaced my triple-LNB+multiswitch) to no avail, I have finally found what is going on. If someone at DirecTV can get this to an engineer, I'd be thankful.

To summarize the problem: Following the upgrade to some Series 2 DTiVos from 3.1.1c to 3.1.1d, the odd transponders would not function on one of the inputs. On mine, it was #1, on many people's it was #2. The problem is the same. Sometimes switching cables will solve or temporarily solve the problem. However, most people have not had success with this, including me.

Here's what I believe the problem to be, and a workaround until D* figures out they created the problem with the software upgrade:

The 3.1.1d rev of the software changed the "cobra" driver and removed an option "gHighPowerLnb" from the internals (this forum won't let me post the name of the other one, so you'll need to do a Google search to find where I saw this). In addition, I have built a signal attenuator (see below) that reduces the signal level on the input that cannot address the odd transponders that has worked. It looks to me like they now assume that ALL multiswitches and/or LNBs are "high power" and have increased the signal level. This excessive signal from the DTiVo to the LNB/multiswitch causes it to overload and not function properly.

The solution is for D* to admit there's a bug, put the fire under the rears of their engineers to repair the driver, and get a fix out to their customers pronto. My experiences with them in the past week doesn't give me much confidence in this, but I can only hope...

Anybody remember this fron D* in 2004? The FIOS Pixelation is very similar. I'll bet it is a software issue and it needs to be fixed in the next software release. the temporary fix was signal attenuation. I guess TIVO is a quality software house.
Old 02-14-2008, 09:14 AM   #82
psuzebra

pixelation and no channel issues

Just wanted to share my experience...

After a couple months of normal use, I started experiencing some issues with my FIOS TV + TiVoHD on Friday night.

826 ESPN HD and 827 ESPN2 HD wouldn't show up. The THD just kept saying something about searching for a signal. 840 Food HD and 841 HGTV HD would experience a lot of pixelation and audio and video dropping. I had originally 13db worth of attenuators in the coax going into the THD to get an SNR of ~31.

I went all weekend hoping the issue would just fix itself. Duh me.

On Monday, I added another 3db attenuator to the line. After a few minutes, 826 and 827 both came in okay and the pixelation on 840 and 841 went away. The SNR is now about 28.

Not sure what changed, but so far so good.
psuzebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 10:43 AM   #83
ilh

I have 19dB attenuation (10dB attenuator plus 3.5dB 2-way splitter plus 5.5dB 3-way splitter) and am at SNR 35/36. I don't have any pixelation that I can see.

I did see a bit on a few channels when I had only 12dB attenuation and SNR of 38/39.
Old 02-14-2008, 08:26 PM   #84
ochlocracy

psuzebra & ilh What frequencies are those channels on in your area?

Tune to channel > Tivo > Messages & Settings > Sys Info > Diag. make sure you're looking at the correct tunner and channel.
Old 02-14-2008, 08:26 PM   #85
jpeelers

How many correctable errors are too many?

Went the attenuator route and it has improved the situation but not eliminated it. Best SNR for us has been 34/35. Anything lower and we go to "FAIR". My question relates to errors, however. Uncorrected are pretty much nailed at 0 but correctable errors range from a few hundred to a four or five thousand. Excuse my ignorance - I am a newbie - but is this a problem? If so, what is my next step? Thanks!

Judy
jpeelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 02:54 PM   #86
gguillot

Return it while you can

I have been fighting the same issues with my Series 3 and my fiber-to-the-home provider (GVTC.) No one - I mean the cable company AND Tivo - seem to be able to fix the problem, nor do they seem to care. If you can live with the Verizon's DVR shortcomings, I suggest you get your money back for the Tivo - otherwise you could be like me and still fighting with it a year after you bough it.
gguillot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 03:28 PM   #87
ciucca

Lets face it. If you want to get rid of the pixelation you are going to have to use the attenuator work around, posted multiple times on this board. If the attenuator trick doesn't work then you are truly F*#$ed.

I know enough about RF and DSP to know that the problem is not the service provider (verizon, comcast, etc), not the signal, it is the Tivo hardware circuitry. I don't care what others on this board think. A majority I believe don't want to face the truth and blame their beloved Tivo Corporation. It's my educated guess that the problem is the Tivo hardware and cannot be tweaked in software, or the QAM tuner driver, otherwise it would have been fixed by now.

If Tivo cared about their customers they would admit it is their fault. They would redesign the QAM tuner circuitry and replace the tuner with a better one (more costly) and offer everyone having the issue an even exchange when the newly designed boxes are available.

I'm sure Tivo is marginally surviving financially and is scared to admit the problem. This is probably the reason they opted for cheap crap hardware to begin with. It's time for the Tivo employees on this board to own up and admit the hardware is unfixable. We all like to rip microsoft, but at least they owned up to the problems in the xbox 360 design and are replacing defective xboxs with a refurbished unit that has an updated motherboard that fixes the issue. I understand that Tivo does not have the financial resources microsoft has, but pretending it is the cable providers problem and sweeping it under the rug is not the answer either. I know 10 people in NNJ having pixelation issues with FIOS and cable, and none are going to ever buy another Tivo again unless something is done. So sticking your head in the sand is not going to make your company last any longer.

Time for TivoPony and other Tivo people here to admit and address the pixelation problem as the sev 1 show stopper issue that it is, and do something about it.

Of course this is my rant, thank you for reading.
Old 02-15-2008, 07:12 PM   #88
ilh

I noticed a fair bit of pixelation and uncorrected RS errors on Discovery HD Theater today, channel 836 and 747MHz I believe. It looks like I'll need to try more than 19dB of total attenuation to drop from 35/36dB down to 31ish.
Old 02-16-2008, 02:56 PM   #89
kmalone576

Problems...again

So although I posted earlier that I had fixed the problem by adding 11db worth of attenuation, after only a few weeks it appears I was wrong. Yesterday I started notice pixelation on the showtime channels 361,362, etc. Looking at the diagnostics, the SNR was ranging 29-33. I decided to experiment by adding less and more attenuation. Going from 11 to 9 made the RS uncorrected skyrocket... so I tried going to 12. This improved the RS Uncorrected errors (but they still did slowly accumulate). However this small increase in signal attenuation made other channels (e.g. 99 TWC) unwatchable due to pixelation. So with 11 db of attenuation I can watch TWC clearly with pixelation on Showtime and with 12 db of attenuation Showtime is a better (though not perfect) but TWC is unwatchable. The problem with this fix it doesn't fix all the channels. Fortunately I mostly watch the HD channels which all seem okay (right now) with either combination.

This is really getting irritating however. I have a Verizon HD box hooked up to the same TV on a different input and it has no problems on any channel. I could call verizon again and I'm sure they would come out and check it out again, but I have to say if it works with their equipment I think the problem lies with Tivo more than there signal. Maybe their signal is not perfect, but apparently their STB can handle its fluctuations or strength.

Maybe the problem lies with Tivo's ?low quality? tuner as someone suggested. But if I continue to have problems I can't keep playing with attenuators or spend a whole day waiting for a verizon tech to come out or spend hours on hold with tivo tech service only have them tell me the problem must be with Verizon. Nor should anyone have to after spending the money for a S3. I am getting more and more tempted to give up on Tivo and deal with a suboptimal DVR interface rather than a suboptimal picture.
kmalone576 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 06:49 PM   #90
ciucca

If you haven't called Verizon then do it if not then don't waste your time calling them again. They are very nice they will come to your house change everything (wires, cable cards, ONT, etc), but it ain't going to help. It's definitely the tivo, otherwise the tivo people who read this board would speak up and defend their product.