Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 02-01-2008, 01:34 PM   #5011
KraziJoe
What? Me Worry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjadvr View Post
Yeah, good luck with that. I did hear of sporadic cases of cards being available in Arlington, but not many. Maybe having an appointment forces them to find some. Hopefully you'll be given a couple of those sporadic cards.
Well, it didnt force them last week when they didnt even show up! I hope you are right though and they show up with a card...I hate having a $600 Paperweight next to the TV...
KraziJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 01:42 PM   #5012
ninjadvr

Quote:
Originally Posted by KraziJoe View Post
Well, it didnt force them last week when they didnt even show up! I hope you are right though and they show up with a card...I hate having a $600 Paperweight next to the TV...
I have my S3 patched into my sony PC monitor/TV along with OTA condo building antenna plugged in so I can at least record HD broadcast stuff. That way, when they take my 8300HD box with recent recordings on I'll have a backup on the Series3. Still, I'm reminded of why I'm changing over to Tivo every time I sit down and use the Comcast box in the living room. Good luck!
ninjadvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 04:34 PM   #5013
zenisu

Well, I have a bit of a story with my Comcast install in the Chicago (Elgin) region. Long story short, they came through for me, but there were some hurdles. So if you don't want to read the post, yes there are M series cards available in Chicago.

Yesterday it snowed in Chicago. A lot. I figured they'd blow off my install since there was already at least 2 inches on the roads at the beginning of my install window. But no, the tech arrived but was unprepared for the install. He said he hadn't received a workorder, just something he called a 'pool call' which I assume is semi-unscheduled work being paged out to any tech in the geographic area at the right time. The guy was knowledgable and pretty laid back, so I trust what he said. He said he finished an 11-1 install around 1:40 and had this one waiting for him when he came back out (mine was 12-2). He knew it was for a cablecard and just swung by my house to tell me that he didn't have any cablecards because he wasn't given advance notice of the install and to let me reschedule the install right away through his internal number. Fine by me, I expected problems anyway. But they wanted to schedule it for next week and that won't work for me. So the guy apparently took pity on me and called his Sup. That's where things get interesting.

After 20+ minutes of talking to his Sup outside in the truck he comes back in and tells me that his Supervisor is picking up an M card for me right now and driving it out so they can finish the install. Remember I mentioned it was snowing? I thought this was phenomenal service at this point. The cards (mine plus spares) arrive almost an hour later. In the meantime the tech kept himself busy because my outside line apparently needed replacing, which is a pain because it means scheduling them to bury it in the spring, but whatever - I don't really care. He comes inside, does his thing. I asked him how many Tivo's he does and he said there was a rush on them just before Christmas, but since then only about one every couple weeks. But at least he's familiar with them. He calls internal to get it activated, it kinda works but premium channels don't work, so he has to call back again.

All in all, he was here a little over two hours including time to run a new line and waiting on someone to plow their way three towns over in 3" of snow to bring cards. Not too shabby - I was pretty impressed at the commitment to service instead of just blowing it off and forcing the install to be rescheduled for next week.

Now, after that I did run into difficulties with the card de-authing itself after I upgraded the drive, but I'll post that in Underground.
zenisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 07:52 PM   #5014
m-d
TiVo since '00

A positive experience (for a change)

I'm new to TCF, although I've owned a Series1 since 2000. I just used the Lifetime Service Transfer as an opportunity to upgrade to the TiVo HD, and I thought I'd share my Comcast CableCARD install experience.

I'll preface by saying that prior to setting up the install, I had done my share of research (including lurking on this thread) to see what sort of fresh hell I was in for. So I was prepared for a long delay in scheduling my install, having to make due with two S-Cards, dealing with incompetent installers, etc. The actual experience filled me with some hope that Comcast may be raising their hiring standards...at least in Central NJ.

Having received my new TiVo HD at work on Wednesday morning, I called Comcast that afternoon to schedule a CableCARD install. I knew enough about the subject (and dealing with Comcast) to know that I had to be as specific as possible to get as much info on the work order as possible. The CSR I spoke with was familiar with the TiVo HD and CableCARDS, and understood that I preferred an M-Card. She put me on hold for about 2 minutes, came back on the line and told me that she could only confirm availability of S-Cards, but also that the warehouse was closed for the day, and that I could get absolute confirmation if I called back Thursday at 10am.

Thursday morning, I called back and spoke with a different CSR, also familiar with TiVo and CableCARD. He was able to confirm availability of M-Cards, and scheduled an installation for the next afternoon (Friday). I was, frankly, stunned by this, as I had been expecting a 5-day wait for an appointment.

Today's appointment window was 3-5PM. I left work at 2:30, figuring I'd have 15 minutes to spare. When I pulled up in front of my apartment, the installer was already waiting for me outside. I recovered my jaw from the parking lot, and we got started. He confirmed the signal strength, installed the M-Card (he brought 2, just in case the first one was bad), and called the head-end CSR. After confirming that the head-end was 'good with CableCARDS', he read off all of the info, and then we waited. For all of a minute. The card was initialized, and worked on the first try - both tuners! The tech even waited with me as I reran the guided setup to make sure everything was working.

What was more stunning is that when I went to sign the work order, all of the comments I had made to the previous day's CSR were documented in the comments - including the removal of my old STB. (Although, interestingly, the installed said that the techs usually ignore the comments, because they can get left over from old service calls.)

So I'm here to tell you that sometimes - SOMETIMES - everything works on the first try. I wish more of the Comcast reps I deal with were like the ones I've dealt with this week.
m-d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 10:47 PM   #5015
KraziJoe
What? Me Worry?

SUCCESS!
Finally got a card and it got installed with no problem, well, except that it took close to an hour for the tech to get a hold of someone to authorize the card.
The tech was great and knew his stuff and he stayed until the job was done even though it was 950 before he left.

I did hold onto the 8300 just in case something happens between now and the Superbowl.

Also, it was an M card and the tech said they had more, so people in Alex/Arlington, start a calling!
KraziJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 01:01 AM   #5016
ninjadvr

Big Grin Alright!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KraziJoe View Post
SUCCESS!
Finally got a card and it got installed with no problem, well, except that it took close to an hour for the tech to get a hold of someone to authorize the card.
The tech was great and knew his stuff and he stayed until the job was done even though it was 950 before he left.

I did hold onto the 8300 just in case something happens between now and the Superbowl.

Also, it was an M card and the tech said they had more, so people in Alex/Arlington, start a calling!
Cool...!!! thanks KraziJoe! Looking forward to my Monday morning appointment...
Old 02-02-2008, 01:10 AM   #5017
berg324

Does anyone know if it is possible to get hd or digital channels without a cablecard?
berg324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 01:50 AM   #5018
JohnBigboote

TiVo HD CableCARD problem with Comcast in Detroit/Taylor area - Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finalrinse View Post
I'm also very interested in how your situation turns out as I will be requesting an M-Card from the same Taylor office in the future, I already have my TiVo HD but no HD TV yet. I'm trying to search the internet to verify if those part numbers are single or Multistream.
Tom
Well, the card was definitely an S-Card. I found an example on the TiVo web site showing examples of the "Conditional Access" screen displayed by both the Motorola S-Card and M-Card, and mine matched the format of the S-Card. But when the Comcast tech showed up today, he had reached the same conclusion, having done some research, and said he somehow ended up with only 1 of 3 S-Cards they had in the office. He had 2 M-Cards with him, and was able to get one working without too much effort (although it did take two tries of him calling in for activation to get the HBO working). So I'm happy to say everything is now working just as it should be. It required 4 visits in 3 days by 2 techs, but compared to many of the horror stories here, that wasn't too bad. The tech from the first visit was a new guy who hadn't done a CC install before, the tech on the last 3 visits was more knowledgeable and (except for being a bit too eager to blame the Tivo box!) was good to work with.

Tom, since the cablecard is free, have you thought about going ahead and having it installed before you get the HD TV? If I understand the TiVo correctly, it can downconvert the HD channels to 480i, so you'd be able to at least see that you're getting the correct HD channels. Then you'd be set to enjoy that HD experience as soon as you get the TV. I'm not sure if there'd be any other issues with doing that, but it was just a thought.

By the way, when you do have the card installed, make sure they are patient and follow the directions provided by TiVo. When they first plug in the card, a TiVo screen will pop up showing that a card has been inserted in slot 1. They should then just wait until the CC information screen automatically shows (a black screen with gray border), which can take a few minutes. There are a couple of useful links in TiVo's support section detailing the CC installation and troubleshooting that I'd have printed out ahead of time. The instructions are more detailed than the ones that came with the TiVo (e.g., is states that when you first plug in the M-Card, TiVo will display it as an S-Card for a brief period before correctly displaying it as an M-Card).
JohnBigboote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 02:22 AM   #5019
Finalrinse

Thanks for the update, I'm a little relieved now, there is hope. Yes, I may consider getting the card before the TV, I never thought of doing this, but how would I know if the HD channels are working? What happens when you tune to an HD channel on a regular TV? I'm on a business trip right now, I'll give Comcast a call soon. I'll look for and print out the instructions incase I get a noobe.
Thanks again, glad its working out
Tom

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBigboote View Post
TiVo HD CableCARD problem with Comcast in Detroit/Taylor area - Update

Well, the card was definitely an S-Card. I found an example on the TiVo web site showing examples of the "Conditional Access" screen displayed by both the Motorola S-Card and M-Card, and mine matched the format of the S-Card. But when the Comcast tech showed up today, he had reached the same conclusion, having done some research, and said he somehow ended up with only 1 of 3 S-Cards they had in the office. He had 2 M-Cards with him, and was able to get one working without too much effort (although it did take two tries of him calling in for activation to get the HBO working). So I'm happy to say everything is now working just as it should be. It required 4 visits in 3 days by 2 techs, but compared to many of the horror stories here, that wasn't too bad. The tech from the first visit was a new guy who hadn't done a CC install before, the tech on the last 3 visits was more knowledgeable and (except for being a bit too eager to blame the Tivo box!) was good to work with.

Tom, since the cablecard is free, have you thought about going ahead and having it installed before you get the HD TV? If I understand the TiVo correctly, it can downconvert the HD channels to 480i, so you'd be able to at least see that you're getting the correct HD channels. Then you'd be set to enjoy that HD experience as soon as you get the TV. I'm not sure if there'd be any other issues with doing that, but it was just a thought.

By the way, when you do have the card installed, make sure they are patient and follow the directions provided by TiVo. When they first plug in the card, a TiVo screen will pop up showing that a card has been inserted in slot 1. They should then just wait until the CC information screen automatically shows (a black screen with gray border), which can take a few minutes. There are a couple of useful links in TiVo's support section detailing the CC installation and troubleshooting that I'd have printed out ahead of time. The instructions are more detailed than the ones that came with the TiVo (e.g., is states that when you first plug in the M-Card, TiVo will display it as an S-Card for a brief period before correctly displaying it as an M-Card).

Last edited by Finalrinse : 02-02-2008 at 02:49 AM.
Finalrinse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 11:34 AM   #5020
netcord01

Quote:
Originally Posted by lateknight View Post
Sorry about my previous post, I guess when I'm back reading I need to catch up to the current post before writing my own Can anyone speak to whether or not you lose the local HD on the digital starter pack? That was my plan for when I get my THD, at least for now...I have to hook my wife on HD before I can upgrade Thanks for the help!
I was curious about this myself and just checked this morning. I have digital starter and it appears the local HD channels are scrambled. My TV even has the QAM tuner and they still don't come in, so I guess, unfortunately, your plan won't work. Leave it to Comcast to kill another dream!
netcord01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 12:11 PM   #5021
hybucket

I thought that, legally, COMCAST could not scramble the local HD signals.
hybucket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 12:23 PM   #5022
ninjadvr

Quote:
Originally Posted by berg324 View Post
Does anyone know if it is possible to get hd or digital channels without a cablecard?
You can get OTA (Over the Air) HD local channels via an antenna (roof or inside) that is plugged into the antenna connection. To get comcast HD cable channels you need the cablecard. You can, however, plug basic analog cable (up to 100 channels) into the back of the tivo but that is not HD, or digital as far as I know.
Old 02-02-2008, 12:29 PM   #5023
ninjadvr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finalrinse View Post
I never thought of doing this, but how would I know if the HD channels are working? What happens when you tune to an HD channel on a regular TV? Tom
I would think that you can tune to the channel that is supposed to have HD, e.g. Arlington VA comcast ABC, NBC, FOX and CBS is on 210-213, HBO HD 228, MAX 233, SHO 238, etc. I've not tried to patch through to a non HD TV but don't see why it wouldn't show something. The first cablecard is "free" but check if you get charged a nominal fee for HD content. I think I do with my 8300 box (that I'm about to give up) but on the one cablecard I have in another TV that receives HD, I don't believe I'm charged for that HD because I'm already charged via the box.
Old 02-02-2008, 01:54 PM   #5024
xtracrispy

Angry

Out of CableCards in Arlington again.

After setting up my Feb 1 appointment (9am-12pm) two weeks ago, 12:30 came with no call. Called Comcast. Spent an hour on hold to find out that they are out of CableCards. They just came in "today" (which, according to CrazyJoe, is obviously a lie) but they were out when the driver went to pick one up this morning. I went just about apes*** on the phone. It is stupid for them to schedule more service appointments than they have cards. But there is no excuse whatsoever for them not to have called me to let me know they weren't coming. I demanded to speak to a supervisor, who apparently does not come in until 3pm (as if I really believe that, but whatever). Supposedly she will call me then. I'm not holding my breath.

Meanwhile, now they are saying no cards until Feb. 5. I got an appointment between 6am and 9am. If they don't come by then, I may tell Comcast where to stick their lousy service.

I'm going to go shower now and maybe I'll cool off.

xtracrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 02:31 PM   #5025
drhankz

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtracrispy View Post

I'm going to go shower now and maybe I'll cool off.
When you schedule an appointment - Do you ask for
a CableCard for a TiVo?

I have 6 "M" cards here in 6 DVRs. I just added a new
one on Wednesday by Comcast.

When I order them - I NEVER EVER SAY DVR or TiVo.
I just say I have another BOX or Device that needs a
CableCard. They have never asked me to be more
specific - but if they did - I would just say another
TV.

My NH Comcast area does have great Comcast Service.
In the three years I have been using CableCards - first
"S" and now "M" Cards - they have always had them.
drhankz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 08:40 AM   #5026
trik

I just got set up with an M card. The kid didn't really know what he was doing and spent 45 minutes on the phone, but eventually got it working.

I'm in Plymouth, MA. All in all, I thought (for once) my comcast experience was good. Tuesday I went in, they came out Saturday, and then it works. Seems good now?
trik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 03:05 PM   #5027
JohnBigboote

Quote:
I would think that you can tune to the channel that is supposed to have HD, e.g. Arlington VA comcast ABC, NBC, FOX and CBS is on 210-213, HBO HD 228, MAX 233, SHO 238, etc. I've not tried to patch through to a non HD TV but don't see why it wouldn't show something. The first cablecard is "free" but check if you get charged a nominal fee for HD content. I think I do with my 8300 box (that I'm about to give up) but on the one cablecard I have in another TV that receives HD, I don't believe I'm charged for that HD because I'm already charged via the box.
Yes, you should be able to tune to the HD channels that you wouldn't be able to receive without the CC. I haven't actually tried on a non-HD TV either, but just to test, I did set the TiVo's video output format to "480i Fixed", and it did downconvert and output the HD channels in that format (confirmed by the TV indicating that that was the signal it was receiving, as well as the reduced picture quality). But good point about the cost, which I wasn't thinking about - I didn't have digital service before, and it did cost about $7/mo. to upgrade to the digital service that included the HD channels.
JohnBigboote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 04:55 PM   #5028
Finalrinse

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBigboote View Post
Yes, you should be able to tune to the HD channels that you wouldn't be able to receive without the CC. I haven't actually tried on a non-HD TV either, but just to test, I did set the TiVo's video output format to "480i Fixed", and it did downconvert and output the HD channels in that format (confirmed by the TV indicating that that was the signal it was receiving, as well as the reduced picture quality). But good point about the cost, which I wasn't thinking about - I didn't have digital service before, and it did cost about $7/mo. to upgrade to the digital service that included the HD channels.
Good information - I curently have digital basic with three of the very small cable boxes that look like modems. Will I need to upgrade my digital service to another package to get HD?
Finalrinse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 05:36 PM   #5029
jjp007

I was able to install my own CC. In Houston Texas

I did the CC installation after I got home with my brand new HD Tivo and set up the Tivo service. Called into Comcast and spent 2 hours on hold, I guess with the SuperBowl they stayed open late and were terribly busy (I called around 9:45 pm and didn't get off the phone until almost midnight)

I had all the information that I needed, thanks to the internet and they guy put in all the numbers/settings and said someone would put it through tomorrow (sunday) and when I woke up today the card was initialized

Easy once you understand how it works and what information comcast needs.

My only problem is I thought they gave me a M card when I picked it up at Comcast on Friday but turns out it was a motorola S card so now I have to go back and either ask for another card or see if they have an M card and start all over again. At least I know what I'm doing.
jjp007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 08:55 AM   #5030
ninjadvr

Confirmed, Arlington out of cablecards...

I just got a call from the tech (I had a 6-9 am appointment) to say that he'd just got to the second warehouse (Arlington, VA) and they are out of cablecards again, which didn't surprise me based on the post from Saturday. At least he knew I needed two for my Series3, so the requirement flowed down to the tech. I was directed to call his supervisor, who I left a message with a woman who said she would get them to call me back. The understanding is that I will be able to set something up internally instead of having to go through the comcast machine every time. We'll see. Currently it the result is a but I refuse to waste too much energy being and hope for a positive soon.
Old 02-04-2008, 09:28 AM   #5031
xtracrispy

Quote:
I just got a call from the tech (I had a 6-9 am appointment) to say that he'd just got to the second warehouse (Arlington, VA) and they are out of cablecards again, which didn't surprise me based on the post from Saturday. At least he knew I needed two for my Series3, so the requirement flowed down to the tech. I was directed to call his supervisor, who I left a message with a woman who said she would get them to call me back. The understanding is that I will be able to set something up internally instead of having to go through the comcast machine every time. We'll see. Currently it the result is a but I refuse to waste too much energy being and hope for a positive soon.
Same thing happened to me. I got a call from a supervisor who I'm guessing has the task of personally seeing to it that those who are waiting for cablecards gets them. He is supposed to call me today with an update. As for now, I've already been set up with an appointment for 6-9am tomorrow. We'll see.
Old 02-04-2008, 10:00 AM   #5032
ninjadvr

Cool Arlington, VA

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtracrispy View Post
Same thing happened to me. I got a call from a supervisor who I'm guessing has the task of personally seeing to it that those who are waiting for cablecards gets them. He is supposed to call me today with an update. As for now, I've already been set up with an appointment for 6-9am tomorrow. We'll see.
Yep. I haven't got a call back yet but will try the number throughout the day. I was told to speak to Pushku or Mike who appear to be supervisor's for the contractor in Arlington VA. I'll try and get a 6-9 am tomorrow too if I can, but it really depends on when CC's come in. One thing is for sure, despite all these different delivery dates being floated around, they do get some in sporadically.

UPDATE: I called just now and spoke to "Edwin" who said they would call me once they get more CC's in and set up an appointment immediately they do. I just got a call and in the meantime, he set one up Thursday evening 6-9 pm, as a stop gap. He said he didn't know if it would be his company or another contractor that would pick up the job, but just depends on when they get CC's in. At least this way we don't have to go through the Comcast Machine. We'll see what happens.

Last edited by ninjadvr : 02-04-2008 at 01:24 PM. Reason: UPDATE
Old 02-04-2008, 01:17 PM   #5033
bizzy

Consumerist: 26 Secret Comcast Supervisor Phone Numbers

Consumerist just posted an article with 26 direct phone numbers to Comcast supervisors:

http://consumerist.com/352258/26-sec...-phone-numbers
bizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 02:01 PM   #5034
bostlaw

Installation - MA / Cape Cod

I've had the THD sitting in a box for awhile...was fearful of scheduling an installation prior to the Super Bowl (first bad decision)...In any event, I called Comcast on Saturday and talked to a rep stating that I needed cable card installation...she asked if it was for a TiVo and whether I needed 2 cards (she said they didn't have any multistream cards)...she then scheduled the appt for 11:00 on Monday (today)...I was rather shocked at calling on a Sat and getting an appt for Monday, but I was glad to get the anticipated lengthy process underway... Tech arrived two hours early (due to a cancellation)...Alas, he didn't know what the job was, never had done a TiVo install, and didn't have cablecards with him. He said he would meet up with another tech who had some cable cards in his truck and return later in the day (which I doubted very much)...At 11:00 (the time of the original appt), the doorbell rings and he's back...I show him the instructions (both the one supplied with the THD and a set I printed off the TiVo site)...He has 2 S cards...the two of us sit down on the floor and work our way through the install...the only delay was getting someone to answer his call to initialize the cards...Both cards worked...and the install was finished...Absolutely painless...the tech didn't have experience with the THD, but was exceptionally pleasant and was happy to have the instructions to follow...and he gladly stayed around long enough to make sure everything was working properly...

So, good experiences CAN happen...
Roamio Pro
Premiere w/1.5 tb drive
TiVo HD w/750 gb drive
4 Minis
2 Series 2...
bostlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 04:26 PM   #5035
drhankz

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
Consumerist just posted an article with 26 direct phone numbers to Comcast supervisors:

http://consumerist.com/352258/26-sec...-phone-numbers
WOW - Impressive - BUT NOW I KNOW why my
Comcast Experience has been so OUTSTANDINGLY
POSITIVE. My Comcast Supervisor who I have been
calling direct all these times is ON-THE-LIST.

By all means use the list. I only had one name but
my Supervisor has been the greatest.
drhankz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 08:23 PM   #5036
xtracrispy

Quote:

UPDATE: I called just now and spoke to "Edwin" who said they would call me once they get more CC's in and set up an appointment immediately they do. I just got a call and in the meantime, he set one up Thursday evening 6-9 pm, as a stop gap. He said he didn't know if it would be his company or another contractor that would pick up the job, but just depends on when they get CC's in. At least this way we don't have to go through the Comcast Machine. We'll see what happens.
I received a call this morning from Will to set me up for an appointment on Wednesday afternoon or evening. Unfortunately, I was at work and didn't get home until 7:30. Even more unfortunately, I cannot be home then. He left his number and I returned the call and left a message that I can be home Thursday morning.

The game is phone tag and Comcast is "it."
Old 02-05-2008, 10:32 AM   #5037
becht43

I called my Comcast in Oakbrook, IL and was quoted $41.88 for installation of a cable card PER tivo. Is this in line with what other people are paying??

Last edited by becht43 : 02-05-2008 at 10:41 AM.
becht43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 11:14 AM   #5038
Bruce24

Quote:
Originally Posted by becht43 View Post
I called my Comcast in Oakbrook, IL and was quoted $41.88 for installation of a cable card PER tivo. Is this in line with what other people are paying??
That sounds very high, I have Comcast coming on Friday to install a card in a TivoHD. When I made the appointment they said it was $15 (or maybe $16) for the install.

-Bruce
Bruce24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 08:47 PM   #5039
nrobertson

Montly Comcast M-card pricing?

I just received my spiffy new HD Tivo and did the lifetime transfer. Then called Comcast to order the cablecard. The rep said she hadn't done a cable card in a long time and put me on hold several short times.

Anyway, here in Colorado Springs, my quoted price is 20.99 trip charge, and 6.95 + 1.50 / month.

I was expecting the 1.50, first stream is free, second stream is up to 1.91 per the Comcast FAQ and the card they are brining is a mcard which she double checked.
http://www.comcast.com/customers/faq...s.ashx?ID=2651

What I didn't expect was another 6.95 "monthly tivo equipment charge" I asked her to check with the supervisor and she did. I pushed the question more and referred her to the comcast website FAQ on cablecard prices but was told even if I called back that it would still be 6.95+1.50/month. I verified that I have my own HD Tivo and this isn't any equipment from Comcast but she insisted that the 6.95 was a necessary equipment charge to get the tivo working.

Has anyone else had this type pricing??
nrobertson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 08:55 PM   #5040
bizzy

call back, she is a moron.
bizzy is offline   Reply With Quote