Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 01-03-2008, 11:13 AM   #31
tivoupgrade
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDTiVo View Post
What about this drobo robot thing you guys are selling with a SATA interface? Will that work if attached to a TiVo?
The Drobo can only be connected to a PC / Mac hosted by a USB 2.0 connection, so no, it won't work with a TiVo. Internally, it uses SATA drives.

Alternatively, the TenBox IS an eSATA solution. We've not been able to get 2x750 or 2x1TB units to work with the Series3, which stinks (it works fine with the HR20/HR21, however). Hoping that its just a software/kernel issue and that eventually, the TiVo OS will work fine with it. Obviously, its not going to work with the TiVo HD, though...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

tivoupgrade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 03:45 PM   #32
HDTiVo
Not so Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tivoupgrade View Post
Obviously, its not going to work with the TiVo HD, though...
Oh, come on now, surely someone over there knows how to get an unofficial drive to boot with a THD.

Send me a sample and I'll check it out.
HDTiVo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 06:50 PM   #33
diggydoggy

hi Lou!
Im ready to buy the HD series3! do you have any working coupon codes for that model?

thanks so much.
diggydoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 10:14 PM   #34
tivoupgrade
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by diggydoggy View Post
hi Lou!
Im ready to buy the HD series3! do you have any working coupon codes for that model?

thanks so much.
As far as I know, all the coupon codes in the original post are still working fine. Anything other than that is listed here, including the $200 rebate special which is good on Series3 purchases through January 28th, 2008.

Old 01-09-2008, 12:28 PM   #35
cr33p

Quote:
As far as I know, all the coupon codes in the original post are still working fine. Anything other than that is listed here, including the $200 rebate special which is good on Series3 purchases through January 28th, 2008.

I am trying to purchase a New Tivo HD unit with a glow remote and its my understanding that I should get a 50.00 dollar discount and also be able to purchase the remote for 30 bux ?? The site is telling me that the coupons do not apply??

Thanks
cr33p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 12:45 PM   #36
tivoupgrade
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by cr33p View Post
I am trying to purchase a New Tivo HD unit with a glow remote and its my understanding that I should get a 50.00 dollar discount and also be able to purchase the remote for 30 bux ?? The site is telling me that the coupons do not apply??

Thanks
I've just checked and all the codes are working fine! Only suggestion I can make is to ensure you are attempting to purchase one of the configurations listed in the original post, and that you are entering the coupon code correctly....

Lou

Old 01-19-2008, 04:57 PM   #37
jpinnj

Thank you Tivoupgrade for this posting! We pulled the plug on our beloved series 2 boxes when Cablevision introduced the HiDef boxes that were incompatible with Tivo. Sadly we said good bye to our Tivo boxes and suffered with their awful DVRs until November and the lifetime upgrade offer! Weeee -so we went for it. We love the new HD box and kicked ourselves that we didn't replace both boxes. Now, seeing your posting we can (already called Tivo and checked to make sure we qualify). PS - Electronics Expo is still the lowest price on the little HD box $242 even though it's not showing up on search / comparision price sites. Thanks again! JP
jpinnj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 02:42 PM   #38
tivoupgrade
Sponsor

coupon special

Hello,

We are re-enabling the coupons mentioned in the original post so that folks interested in taking advantage of the TiVo Lifetime Subscription offer can get the best of both worlds.

Please note that although the coupon codes above are all combinable, they are not combinable with any other specials mentioned on our site.

Thx,
Lou

Old 02-13-2008, 11:53 AM   #39
tivoupgrade
Sponsor

Quote:
Hello,

We are re-enabling the coupons mentioned in the original post so that folks interested in taking advantage of the TiVo Lifetime Subscription offer can get the best of both worlds.

Please note that although the coupon codes above are all combinable, they are not combinable with any other specials mentioned on our site.

Thx,
Lou
Deadline for the lifetime subscription offer ends today. If you are purchasing an upgraded unit, you'll need to get it activated today, but you'll need to contact us if you want us to send you your service ID after ordering. We've been asked these two questions a lot, lately:

Q) Are units purchased from DVRupgrade eligible for these specials?
A) Yes.

Q) How can I purchase a lifetime subscription, I cannot find it on your web site?

A) All TiVo service activations and lifetime subscription purchases must be made with TiVo. When activating your unit, if you already have another unit on your account (and that is required for purchasing a lifetime subscription with this offer) you should have the option when you activate.

Lou
Old 02-14-2008, 11:13 AM   #40
tivoupgrade
Sponsor

Quote:
D

Q) How can I purchase a lifetime subscription, I cannot find it on your web site?

A) All TiVo service activations and lifetime subscription purchases must be made with TiVo. When activating your unit, if you already have another unit on your account (and that is required for purchasing a lifetime subscription with this offer) you should have the option when you activate.
Technically, this offer from TiVo has now expired, but as of a little while ago, when in the 'activation' area of the TiVo account management system, you can still select the lifetime subscription. As always, we'll provide you with your service ID, upon request, when you order a system from us, so if you want to check with TiVo, we can hold your order for you to ensure you are eligible for the deal.
Attached Images
File Type: gif lifetime.gif (17.3 KB, 44 views)

Old 02-25-2008, 10:22 PM   #41
tivoupgrade
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by newswatcher View Post
Too bad you don't offer any discounts on DTV TiVo upgrades, replacement drives/add more hours. I want to upgrade my Hughes SD-DVR40 TiVo with more hours. No one is offering discounts anymore for standard TiVo it seems: weaknees (no), and your company (no), tivorevolution (no, they even dropped their Maxtor drives, 235-hours for $84, gone).
Being Christmas and all...sure would like at least a few bucks off...sniff, sniff.
Guess what? Now we do. But there is a catch. The discount is available to TC Club Members only. Not sure what that means?

Please see the TiVo Community Club Subscription Page for more details.
Old 03-04-2008, 06:19 PM   #42
tivoupgrade
Sponsor

Hitachi Rebate Ends on 3/4/08

Today is the last day to participate in the Hitachi Rebate on 750GB and 1TB SATA drives.
Old 03-10-2008, 01:36 PM   #43
tivoupgrade
Sponsor

3-month FREE promotion on new TiVo activations

Here is the link to rebates and specials...

Old 03-16-2008, 09:50 AM   #44
tommy275

i think the link in the first post to the "TiVo Series3 DVR (144-hours HD / 1368-hours SD) Normally: $1449 With coupon and TiVo Rebate: $1199
(also eligible for $30 Hitachi rebate through 3/4/2008)" is wrong.
tommy275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 09:14 PM   #45
tivoupgrade
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy275 View Post
i think the link in the first post to the "TiVo Series3 DVR (144-hours HD / 1368-hours SD) Normally: $1449 With coupon and TiVo Rebate: $1199
(also eligible for $30 Hitachi rebate through 3/4/2008)" is wrong.
Thx; this is now fixed.

Old 03-24-2008, 04:27 PM   #46
trailbossc

Trying to click on Buy Now for the 43 hour Series 3 DVR just returns you back to the homepage. It doesn't give you any errors. Is this particular model not available for purchase?
trailbossc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 04:47 PM   #47
tivoupgrade
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by trailbossc View Post
Trying to click on Buy Now for the 43 hour Series 3 DVR just returns you back to the homepage. It doesn't give you any errors. Is this particular model not available for purchase?
Sorry, looks like it was a bad link. It is fixed now.

Lou

Old 04-07-2008, 08:49 PM   #48
tivoupgrade
Sponsor

Series3 Rebate Extended to 6/28/08

Check it out, TiVo just released a new rebate form for Series2 and Series3 units purchased between 4/6/08 and 6/28/08. Here is a link to the rebate form on TiVo's web site:

$200 Series3 Rebate Information (and more)

Lou

Old 05-02-2008, 02:42 PM   #49
tivoupgrade
Sponsor

TiVo Lifetime Still Available (for existing customers)

We are getting asked this question a lot, so I thought I'd update the information here, as well.

The TiVo lifetime service is still available for $399 for existing TiVo members with an active TiVo account. If you have any TiVo standalone unit that is currently subscribed with TiVo, either lifetime or monthly subscription, then purchasing a new Series3 or TiVo HD will render you eligible to purchase a lifetime subscription when activating directly with TiVo.

You do not need to call them; when you log into your account at tivo.com and enter your service ID to activate a new DVR, you will be given the option to purchase a lifetime as one of the activation options.

Unfortunately, this offer has not been extended to DIRECTV customers with lifetime subscriptions on older TiVo units.

Lou

Old 05-22-2008, 03:05 PM   #50
tivoupgrade
Sponsor

TiVo Lifetime Resurrected

Quote:
We are getting asked this question a lot, so I thought I'd update the information here, as well.

The TiVo lifetime service is still available for $399 for existing TiVo members with an active TiVo account. If you have any TiVo standalone unit that is currently subscribed with TiVo, either lifetime or monthly subscription, then purchasing a new Series3 or TiVo HD will render you eligible to purchase a lifetime subscription when activating directly with TiVo.

You do not need to call them; when you log into your account at tivo.com and enter your service ID to activate a new DVR, you will be given the option to purchase a lifetime as one of the activation options.

Unfortunately, this offer has not been extended to DIRECTV customers with lifetime subscriptions on older TiVo units.

Lou
As of May 15th, 2008, the lifetime service option is back and available to everyone, including new TiVo customers.

First TiVo costs $399 for a lifetime; additional ones cost $299 per unit.

More information in the thread started by Dave Zatz here.
Old 05-26-2008, 06:40 PM   #51
rlawlis

Can I purchase an image for a TivoHD from you? My machine is out of warranty and block 8 on the drive is corrupted. The drive should be salvagable but I don't have a backup of the image.

Thanks
rlawlis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 06:54 PM   #52
RoyK

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlawlis View Post
Can I purchase an image for a TivoHD from you? My machine is out of warranty and block 8 on the drive is corrupted. The drive should be salvagable but I don't have a backup of the image.

Thanks
visit their website http://www.dvrupgrade.com/
RoyK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 01:13 AM   #53
tivoupgrade
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlawlis View Post

Thanks
This is not a product we currently offer for the Tivo HD. Without knowing more about your specific situation, I would suggest that it is more likely that you have a defective drive, than not, in your unit. Corruption is typically caused by a failing hard drive, and of course, this can be definitively diagnosed by running the western digital diagnostics on the hard drive (with a PC) to make that determination.

A very simple way to fix your unit in this situation would be to consider a replacement drive kit; it is a very easy way to repair, or upgraded a TiVo HD (or any other TiVo, for that matter).

Thx,
Lou

PS You may want to discuss this further in the Upgrade Center in the Underground here at TCF; this thread is intended to discussion on the current specials we offer to TCF members (please see the first post for details).

Lj

Old 05-28-2008, 02:26 PM   #54
rlawlis

Quote:
This is not a product we currently offer for the Tivo HD. Without knowing more about your specific situation, I would suggest that it is more likely that you have a defective drive, than not, in your unit. Corruption is typically caused by a failing hard drive, and of course, this can be definitively diagnosed by running the western digital diagnostics on the hard drive (with a PC) to make that determination.

A very simple way to fix your unit in this situation would be to consider a replacement drive kit; it is a very easy way to repair, or upgraded a TiVo HD (or any other TiVo, for that matter).

Thx,
Lou

PS You may want to discuss this further in the Upgrade Center in the Underground here at TCF; this thread is intended to discussion on the current specials we offer to TCF members (please see the first post for details).

Lj
Lou,

I agree, there is nothing wrong with the unit. If the drive were bad, I wouldn't hesitate to buy a replacement. In fact, I have purchased drives from you in the past when my directv tivo drive died.

The partition table is gone, not the drive. The WD smart drive report reports that the dirve is fine and only has 100 hours on it. Further, the WD drive tests, Quick & Extended, report the drive is fine:

Test Option: QUICK TEST
Model Number: WDC WD1600AVBS-63SVA0
Unit Serial Number: WD-WMAP94584774
Firmware Number: 05.06H05
Capacity: 160.04 GB
SMART Status: PASS
Test Result: PASS
Test Time: 09:25:16, May 27, 2008

Test Option: EXTENDED TEST
Model Number: WDC WD1600AVBS-63SVA0
Unit Serial Number: WD-WMAP94584774
Firmware Number: 05.06H05
Capacity: 160.04 GB
SMART Status: PASS
Test Result: PASS
Test Time: 10:49:33, May 27, 2008

What I really need is an image not a new drive. Any assistance in this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

R Lawlis
rlawlis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 11:02 AM   #55
tivoupgrade
Sponsor

$200 Rebate for Series3 ends on June 28th

Just a reminder, the $200 rebate for the Series3 ends on June 28th, 2008. In addition, the "three months free service" promotion for new activations also ends on June 28th. Not clear whether TiVo will renew any of these offers, so if you are considering purchasing a new Series3 or TiVo HD, now may be a good time to consider it.

Not sure why a TiVo might be better than a generic cable or DIRECTV DVR? Take a look at our

Top Ten Reasons to Buy a TiVo Series3 or TiVo HD DVR

Here are the current specials being offered...

Last edited by tivoupgrade : 08-11-2008 at 12:10 PM. Reason: updated pricing in first thread (was out of date)
Old 06-17-2008, 12:31 AM   #56
stmckin

I've tried to buy several times through your website and it doesn't appear to be working.... hangs at order cart time when entering shipping
stmckin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 01:20 AM   #57
tivoupgrade
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by stmckin View Post
I've tried to buy several times through your website and it doesn't appear to be working.... hangs at order cart time when entering shipping
Something wasn't right. My guess is that there is a problem with UPS' system, but I don't know for sure. Things seem to be working now, however.

If you continue to have a problem, please contact us directly using this link or call us at 1-773-326-0189 between 9:00am and 5:00pm Central Time and we can take an order by phone.

Sorry for any problems,

Lou

Old 06-27-2008, 04:43 PM   #58
tivoupgrade
Sponsor

$10 off VideoRedo TVSuite

Here is a coupon code for $10 off VideoRedo TVSuite which can be used on our web site during checkout.

DVRUPGRADE-VRD08

More info on VideoRedo Products
Old 07-30-2008, 06:09 PM   #59
bareyb
Under Maintenance

TC CLUB MEMBER
My Series 3 is starting to hang and reboot on a regular basis. I'm guessing my drive is going out. Possibly the external drive, but who knows? I'm thinking of removing the external drive completely and simply replacing the internal drive with a 1 TB model. That would solve my problem no matter what drive was the problem no? Unfortunately, I'd have to input all my Season Passes again, but I can't think of a better option...

Are there any specials on the preformatted 750 Gig or 1 TB replacement drive kits for the Series 3 going right now?

Last edited by bareyb : 07-30-2008 at 06:49 PM.
bareyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 10:13 AM   #60
tivoupgrade
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bareyb View Post

Are there any specials on the preformatted 750 Gig or 1 TB replacement drive kits for the Series 3 going right now?
Yes, aside from the specials listed on our site here, there is also a special offer for members (new and old) of the TiVo Community Club. Please see here:

TC Club Members Only: 10% discount on Series1, Series2, and Series3 Upgrade Kits

Details:

Current special for TC Club Members Only

TC Club Members are eligible for a 10% discount off the purchase price of all DVRupgrade TiVo upgrade kits for Series1, Series2 and Series3 TiVo systems. To receive your discount, simply order a kit directly from DVRupgrade and contact them with your order information, and your TiVo Community username so that DVRupgrade can verify your status as a TC Club member. Once verified, DVRupgrade will credit you accordingly.

Lou