TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 01-17-2008, 09:22 PM   #2791
RTPGiants

Yeah, I guess I could do that, but doesn't TW have an obligation to send the HD on the network affiliates? It seems weird to only get CBS, PBS, and CW ... obviously they're sending some, but no ABC, FOX, NBC?

I'll eventually (next week) get a CableCard setup, but it'd be nice to watch football in HD through Tivo this weekend before that.
RTPGiants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 09:29 PM   #2792
DrWho453

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTPGiants View Post
Yeah, I guess I could do that, but doesn't TW have an obligation to send the HD on the network affiliates? It seems weird to only get CBS, PBS, and CW ... obviously they're sending some, but no ABC, FOX, NBC?

I'll eventually (next week) get a CableCard setup, but it'd be nice to watch football in HD through Tivo this weekend before that.
ok, now you are talking about something different. Before you said that you were trying to get 11.1 50.1 etc. I thought you were trying to get them from the antenna and not the cable. Sorry. Those come in over the air and not on the cable. I never tried to get those channels through the cable itself. I have both an antenna and cable with cable cards installed. Before I had the cable cards installed, I used the antenna to pick up these other stations. I believe time warner is supposed to send them with a clear QAM so you can see them but I am not sure how they are sending them. I just now when I watch them on cable they are on 211 - 257.

Edit: Also please note that you don't need an HD labled antenna to get HD channels. HD antennas may be optimized to get the signals but if you have any indoor tv antenna, you can use it. I am using an antenna that I have had since 1995. It is amplified though the amplification is turned off right now. It sits right behind my tv and picks up the HD channels without any problems. It is funny to see the analog channel like channel 5 with static and then go to 5.1 and see it crystal clear
DrWho453 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 09:32 PM   #2793
RTPGiants

Sorry if there was confusion.

Basically, I set it as Cable only. I then went through guided setup and had no HD channels. I then let Tivo scan the channels, and it "discovered" some channels like:
4-1
4-2
5-1
5-2
5-3

Tuning 5-1 is the HD feed of WRAL, as you'd expect. FOX should be 50-1, 50-2, etc. but they're not found apparently.

Through my HD box (not through Tivo obviously), the HD channels are in the 200s as you noted but during the cable scan, Tivo said it "found" channels in the 200s, but for whatever reason, it won't allow those to be added via the channels you get list. The top channel there is 102-8.
Old 01-17-2008, 09:49 PM   #2794
DrWho453

Quote:
Sorry if there was confusion.

Basically, I set it as Cable only. I then went through guided setup and had no HD channels. I then let Tivo scan the channels, and it "discovered" some channels like:
4-1
4-2
5-1
5-2
5-3

Tuning 5-1 is the HD feed of WRAL, as you'd expect. FOX should be 50-1, 50-2, etc. but they're not found apparently.

Through my HD box (not through Tivo obviously), the HD channels are in the 200s as you noted but during the cable scan, Tivo said it "found" channels in the 200s, but for whatever reason, it won't allow those to be added via the channels you get list. The top channel there is 102-8.
Hmm, interesting, if you go to the tivo system information and go to diagnostics after changing to 5-1, does the signal source say cable or antenna? and what kind of signal strength do you get. If I go to 5.1 I get a source of terrestrial and modulation of 8 VSB
Old 01-17-2008, 09:57 PM   #2795
RTPGiants

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWho453 View Post
Hmm, interesting, if you go to the tivo system information and go to diagnostics after changing to 5-1, does the signal source say cable or antenna? and what kind of signal strength do you get. If I go to 5.1 I get a source of terrestrial and modulation of 8 VSB
Just to be clear, it's listed as 5-1, not 5.1

Source is "cbl" and signal strength is hovers between 98 and 100 and says "digital signal acquired".
Old 01-17-2008, 10:00 PM   #2796
Welshdog
Tivo this, punk!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmcgown View Post

If you are willing to go through a week or so of pain for getting a MultiStream cable card installed, you will be impressed by the quality of the picture and sound. True, there are some SDV channels that you won't get for a while, but you will get all of the premium channels that you choose to pay for in stunning quality, and you will get the local channels in whatever quality that they choose to broadcast.
Umm, I've seen what the HD coming out of digital cable looks like and stunning is not the word I would use. I work at a post production house in Austin and we make HD commercials and videos. We have a 46" LCD panel in our lobby that we sometimes feed TWC digital cable HD. Sometimes, the channels look nice, but don't look at them too closely! The amount of compression applied to the video to squeeze it into that cable is huge and it shows. To my eye the compression artifacts are plainly obvious. Satellite is not much different. I will admit that some channels look pretty good, but I always manage to see junk in there that is unsightly. Don't get me wrong - I can live with it, but stunning?

Meh.

You want clean HD? Look at OTA HD or BluRay/HD-DVD. Now THAT is what HD should look like. Of course you could watch some stuff on our $80k Sony HDCAM SR tape deck, but it would only make you cry.
Old 01-17-2008, 10:06 PM   #2797
DrWho453

Quote:

Source is "cbl" and signal strength is hovers between 98 and 100 and says "digital signal acquired".
Hmm, thats interesting I guess if I ever remove the cable cards I will have to try and see what I get without the antenna. Didn't realize they were doing that. Oh well.

Also 5-1 and 5.1 are the same. Tivo doesn't have a period key so you have to use the - to replace the . but its all the same. Oh well, maybe someone else on here will no what all the x-x channels are that will work on cable. I know we have a few people here from the raleigh cary and apex areas.
Old 01-17-2008, 10:08 PM   #2798
RTPGiants

Quote:

Ok, nevermind, I just s*ck. I had been using a cable feed that was split a lot (strength of about 87 on the 5-1 channel). Changing to a more direct feed got me the higher signal strength and also gave me the 11-x and 50-x channels I expected.
Old 01-17-2008, 10:43 PM   #2799
cableguy763

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welshdog View Post
Umm, I've seen what the HD coming out of digital cable looks like and stunning is not the word I would use. I work at a post production house in Austin and we make HD commercials and videos. We have a 46" LCD panel in our lobby that we sometimes feed TWC digital cable HD. Sometimes, the channels look nice, but don't look at them too closely! The amount of compression applied to the video to squeeze it into that cable is huge and it shows. To my eye the compression artifacts are plainly obvious. Satellite is not much different. I will admit that some channels look pretty good, but I always manage to see junk in there that is unsightly. Don't get me wrong - I can live with it, but stunning?

Meh.

You want clean HD? Look at OTA HD or BluRay/HD-DVD. Now THAT is what HD should look like. Of course you could watch some stuff on our $80k Sony HDCAM SR tape deck, but it would only make you cry.
Welshdog,
Not to throw any rocks, but TWC --DOES NOT--compress any local network feed. They send it out like they get it. The only HD channels that could be clamped or compressed in Austin are the HD SDV channels. Those cannot be received by OTA, so I must assume you are talking about OTA. I have seen plenty of OTA with compression artifacts, especially OTA NBC. So don't look too closely to that.

Last edited by cableguy763 : 01-18-2008 at 07:23 AM.
cableguy763 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 10:06 AM   #2800
Welshdog
Tivo this, punk!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cableguy763 View Post
Welshdog,
Not to throw any rocks, but TWC --DOES NOT--compress any local network feed. They send it out like they get it. The only HD channels that could be clamped or compressed in Austin are the HD SDV channels. Those cannot be received by OTA, so I must assume you are talking about OTA. I have seen plenty of OTA with compression artifacts, especially OTA NBC. So don't look too closely to that.
Yeah I was speaking more about the non-OTA stuff. I'm probably overly critical.

BTW Cable guy I've been meaning to ask you, my QAM channels seem to be not there lately. Right now all I get is CBS KEYE and the Tivo thinks it is KLRU! The Tivo info is there when I tune the channel but no image appears except for the above mentioned CBS on the wrong channel number. I'm seeing this on both the TVHD and the S3. I'm on TWC analog in Oak Hill.

Any thoughts?
Old 01-19-2008, 10:46 AM   #2801
labatt

It looks like Time Warner Albany is starting to switch channels over to SDV. Today we lost Nickelodeon and I don't know what else. When you switch to Nickelodeon on a TWC box it has "To start over press SEL" so it looks like they are adding some "features" I don't care about (and am surprised to see when I don't have a DVR sub or a DVR box) to the signal. I'm assuming this means it's using SDV or some proprietary something.

EDIT: It looks like they've been offering the "Start Over" service for a while and I've just never seen it. It's only offered on certain shows, but it looks like it's expanding. When "Start Over" is enabled on a show, you can't access the channel. See http://www.timewarnercable.com/Alban.../channels.html for a list of channels enabled for "Start Over" at TWC Albany.

Last edited by labatt : 01-19-2008 at 11:01 AM.
labatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 02:03 PM   #2802
Norm_bone
Lord of the Turkeys

Conclusion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm_bone View Post
UPDATE:

Still no joy. I was on hold for 2 hours last week, and the rep was very patient, tried initializing, but no luck.

TW scheduled a tech appointment. He was late, and spent 45 minutes with no results.

We have another appointment for tomorrow morning, and they're bringing a new card. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

---Norm
Conclusion.

It took a total of 6 visits to get it right. TW tried to blame it on the Tivo, but at least they gamely kept swinging.

In the end, they claimed that much of the complexity was caused by the fact that we were in "an old Adelphia area", which made the settings on the cablecards different. To get things set up "Steve" had to be in the computer room, because he is supposedly "The only person at TW Cincinnati who is authorized to change the listings of the cable cards."

The resolution apparently was to correctly associate the host and data ID's with the server in the computer room. Once this was done, they were activated in 20 minutes.

About a month later, an outage caused them both to stop working. (Along with every other cablecard in the Adelphia area.) Again, working with "Steve", we were able to get them correctly paired in about a half hour. My guess, from what they said, is that the server had been restored from a backup with the wrong information. They commented that the host id the directory was showing was wrong.

I wish I had more useful advice to offer for people getting TW service. About the only suggestions I have are these:
  • Ask if you're in an old Adelphia area, since that will affect the way the deal with the cards.
  • If you're having pairing problems, don't bother setting up an appointment for a weekend or evening, since "someone has to be in the computer room"
  • Be aware that they might try and blame the Tivo, even if it's not the problem.
  • Make sure and mention that it's for a Tivo upfront, since most of the CC they're installing appear to be on TV's.

With the right guy on the cable end and me reading out the numbers, everything was resolved quickly. Unfortunately, it took a month to get the right guy on the cable end.

Marketing Weenie
Norm_bone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 06:09 PM   #2803
Stuck w TWCNYC

I'm in Manhattan and have had a Tivo3 mostly working with a single multicast card for a few months now after initially dealing with a few bouts of incompetence at TWC to get it going. I'm still not a satisfied customer. Has anyone else experienced the following?

1. Periodically the cablecard just stops being recognized with a message indicating the service is not communicating with the card. To fix it, I have to reset the Tivo3, which appears to redo all the client/server setup calls (400+ blocks of data over thirty minutes).

2. I feel I'm overpaying. TWC lists a pkg to have home cable for internet and tivo in a package called DTValue, but indicates it is only an option to those with cablebox. Users of cablecard they say must get the channels "ala cart", which in net effect means the first cablecard is ~$22, not $1.75.

3. I pay for HBO but don't see 201 through 207, e.g. HBO2 and other channels as we did before getting rid of the cablebox. We only get 780 (HD HBO). A call to support was fruitless, he said it was the card itself -- wrong answer since 2 independent cards had the same problem (I have a 2nd cablecard on the TV). Completely clueless support, he basically pointed me to the aforementioned DTValue package and remedied with 1 free month of Cinemax, which then became a charge on my next bill. Gee, thanks, TWC!

4. slightly off topic for Tivo, but it seems some knowledgable folks are on this forum. The 2nd cablecard in the TV periodicaly throws error 161-10 onscreen a few times a week. Turning off/on the TV makes it go away.

I've written a long letter off to a "research dept." in Flushing NY, but remain skeptical these clowns have a clue, or more to the point, *care* to have a clue on how to support cablecard, and they don't mind that by their pricing and incompetence they are probably in violation of the 1996 law.

I've never been a big fan of class action suits since going to a competitor is the best method for consumers to show displeasure, but TWC is clearly deserving of one.
These guys need firm message, and for apt. dwellers, satellite is not a realistic competitive alternative, which makes TWC a true monopoly, and one that has run amuck and is not accountable.

Any thoughts are welcome as would word from other NYC residents trying to use cablecards and interested in pursuing legal options.
Stuck w TWCNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 06:23 PM   #2804
misc720

Success on second try

Quote:
Originally Posted by misc720 View Post
After reading this thread for weeks, waffling, then finally buying a Tivo HD, now I too have a nightmare.

I'm in North Hollywood. I think it is TW "East San Fernando". I first called a week ago and they said they were out of stock of cable cards, and I should call back in a few days, and then I could just come pick up the cable cards at a local office.

So I called a few days later, and they told me they were never out of stock, and they had to send out a tech, so we scheduled it.

Tech came this morning, she tried a couple S cards, sat on the phone for a couple hours, wasn't able to get all the channels. Told me she needed to go find an M card. So she leaves for a couple hours. I leave for work and let my roommate deal with it. I get back from work, and roommate tells me that they finally put him on the phone with a person at dispatch, and -get this- dispatch claims they just had a meeting last night where TW decided they are no longer supporting cable cards in Tivo because they have a new HD DVR box themselves (and we can get it for only $12/month, of course). She told him it is simply impossible now to get all the channels (even basic cable channels) through cable cards in a Tivo. I actually have a receipt here with handwriting on it: "you can no longer receive channels through Tivo".

So I called TW tech support tonight, verified they have the correct host ID, and that's about all they will do. He claimed to send an authorization signal while we were on the phone, but nothing happened. On the pairing screen it still says "contact cable company". And on the conditional access screen it shows Val ? and no subscription info. So I have another tech coming out in 9 days now. What a pain.

Any suggestions? It seems like most people are able to fix it themselves on the phone with the cable company.

Thanks for any help.

FWIW, TW sent another tech out yesterday (Saturday), and he got it working in about 30-45 minutes. He claims the previous tech must have mixed up the host/data numbers, but he still ended up putting in a new card. And he had to ask someone on the phone to hit the card few times.

Now I am getting all the channels I'm supposed to.

It immediately started doing the choppy video thing during the football game, but a restart seems to have fixed it. I guess that is a common problem.
misc720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 08:16 PM   #2805
jeremyeastburn

After eight, yes, count them EIGHT visits from Time Warner Cable technicians (Charlotte NC area) I finally got my Tivo Series 3 HD up and running with dual cable cards. I got card after card from the techs and they were all defective (would jump right to the "Updating..." screen with no end in sight). We finally got it working by inserting two "M" cards (multistream) in both slots and that did the trick.

But my question is, when we put in the M-cards the diagnostic screen still says "one-way" instead of "two-way". Is there anything I have to do to get the Tivo to recognize the M-cards as two-way cable cards? Or is TWC screwing something up? Thanks for the ideas.
jeremyeastburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 08:24 PM   #2806
derekcbart

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremyeastburn View Post
After eight, yes, count them EIGHT visits from Time Warner Cable technicians (Charlotte NC area) I finally got my Tivo Series 3 HD up and running with dual cable cards. I got card after card from the techs and they were all defective (would jump right to the "Updating..." screen with no end in sight). We finally got it working by inserting two "M" cards (multistream) in both slots and that did the trick.

But my question is, when we put in the M-cards the diagnostic screen still says "one-way" instead of "two-way". Is there anything I have to do to get the Tivo to recognize the M-cards as two-way cable cards? Or is TWC screwing something up? Thanks for the ideas.
The Series 3 can use m-cards, but only in one-way mode. TWC Los Angeles originally tried to use m-cards in my S3 when I moved, but they wouldn't work and I had them use s-cards instead.
derekcbart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 08:55 PM   #2807
MickeS

Quote:
Both M and S cards are one-way cards in your TiVo. Nothing TWC is screwing up about it. And in the Series 3, the M cards will only work in S mode.
MickeS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 12:17 AM   #2808
Kit_C

Successful Tivo HD install (San Diego)

TWC San Diego came out this week and installed an M-card in my Tivo HD. It went much smoother than my previous Series 3 install. Total time was about 30 minutes, and no problems since. TWC San Diego charges $1.75/per card, regardless of whether it is an M-Card or S-Card, and no outlet fee, plus $40 or the install.
Kit_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 11:10 AM   #2809
SugarBowl
Roamio Plus

Quote:
Just got an HD, and don't have the cards yet. I can get the CBS affiliate (WRAL) on the expected 5-1, etc. channels (after scanning). However, I can't get it to see the other affiliate channels FOX, ABC, etc. which should be channels like 11-1 and 50-1, etc. Anyone able to get those?
I'm in holly springs, and have recently lost the QAM channels 11.x, 17.x, and 50.x.
SugarBowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 11:18 AM   #2810
MKREdit

Charges for POD

As I wait for for my Tivo HD to arrive I notice that the pricing structure has changed on my TWCNYC bill. Basically the premium rate has increased and it includes POD (pay on demand). Since CC does not include POD capability I was wondering if anyone who has switched over to CC is being charged for POD.
MKREdit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 12:26 PM   #2811
SugarBowl
Roamio Plus

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKREdit View Post
As I wait for for my Tivo HD to arrive I notice that the pricing structure has changed on my TWCNYC bill. Basically the premium rate has increased and it includes POD (pay on demand). Since CC does not include POD capability I was wondering if anyone who has switched over to CC is being charged for POD.
My total bill has gone up $6. The basic digital plan (with roadrunner) went from 104.70 to 107.95.

Cable cards went from 1.75 to 2.50 each.

And each cable card has to pay an "Add'l Digital Tier" charge that went from 1.00 to 1.43.

previous cost of tivo: $5.50
new cost: $7.86

It's interesting how every little item gets broken down to a charge, but the RoadRunner gets lumped into the cable pricing.
SugarBowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 02:53 PM   #2812
MacGillicuddy

TWC West Hollywood
Tivo HD

I had a great experience...thought I'd share.

Called TWC on a Monday to swap the converter box for a CableCard. Didn't ask about M-vs-S cards. Did request an in-house tech instead of a contractor. Got an appointment for that Friday.

Tech showed up on time. He came with a stack of M-cards. He'd installed Series 3 units before, and thought that my Tivo HD would need 2 M-cards. But when he saw the inscripton on the door of my HD, he figured it out -- correctly.

He called in the codes, refreshed the screen a few times, and boom, all my channels were there.

I was a little concerned after he left because on channels 10-80 (roughly) the wrong station was showing up on the wrong channel numbers. IE, ESPN was where Comedy Central should be, etc. The Tivo guide data was correct, and matched up with TWC's published lineup, so I repeated guided setup, and got the same thing. Then I realized that all the channels in question had (digital?) equivalents in the 100-200 channel range. So it turns out I'm not missing any channels...just need to get used to different numbers. Went into setup and told Tivo that I "don't receive" 10 through 80 so that it would ignore those.

All in all, very happy with the experience. Light years better than the old TWC DVR.
MacGillicuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 07:17 PM   #2813
Bizily

Quote:
After eight, yes, count them EIGHT visits from Time Warner Cable technicians (Charlotte NC area) I finally got my Tivo Series 3 HD up and running with dual cable cards.
I'm on my 3rd visit from TWC Cleveland area. They said they would bring out M-cards next time. We'll see.
Bizily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 10:51 AM   #2814
aulika

raleigh twc

I called TWC to set up an appointment for a cable card installation, the fees quoted here are the same as I was given. They gave me a window of 1-5pm and at 4:30 the day of installation they called to tell me that they didn't have any active cable cards and would not be able to do the installation until they had active cards and they didn't know when that would be. Then shortly after 5pm he showed up with one single stream cable card and was surprised to see the installation was for a tivo, even though I told them it was for an hd tivo series 3 that needed either two single streams or one multi. so he said he would be back the next day between 8-10am. it was after 10am when he showed up with the multi-stream cable card for installation. i think he was at my house for almost 2 hours setting it up. he didn't know what he was doing, and neither did the tech support he kept calling. eventually, being guided by his supervisor he got it installed... maybe now that they have had the experience, the techs will know what they are doing

Quote:
Originally Posted by josborne View Post
I haven't ordered a S3 yet, but I did call TW here in Raleigh, NC. They charge 1.75 per card per month, but charge 49.99 installation per card. Anyone else here live in Raleigh get the same answer?

aulika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 11:30 AM   #2815
DrWho453

Quote:
Originally Posted by aulika View Post
I called TWC to set up an appointment for a cable card installation, the fees quoted here are the same as I was given. They gave me a window of 1-5pm and at 4:30 the day of installation they called to tell me that they didn't have any active cable cards and would not be able to do the installation until they had active cards and they didn't know when that would be. Then shortly after 5pm he showed up with one single stream cable card and was surprised to see the installation was for a tivo, even though I told them it was for an hd tivo series 3 that needed either two single streams or one multi. so he said he would be back the next day between 8-10am. it was after 10am when he showed up with the multi-stream cable card for installation. i think he was at my house for almost 2 hours setting it up. he didn't know what he was doing, and neither did the tech support he kept calling. eventually, being guided by his supervisor he got it installed... maybe now that they have had the experience, the techs will know what they are doing
It depends on who you get over there. I live in Raleigh as well and was lucky to get a technician to come out who knew what he was doing. Not only had he set up Tivos before but he also knew who to contact at the office to get the cards up and running. Mine went in pretty smoothly. He first connected the tivo to the outside box just to make sure we could get a signal there. (Funny thing about that is he and I were talking and got distracted and he forgot to hook the outside cable to the box ). Once we knew it worked at the box, we hooked up internally and it worked pretty well except had to change the splitter that I had out for a better one. He left and all was good except I had a couple of HD channels would not come up. Turned out the second card which had to get a firmware update did not get fully authorized and they had to do the pairing again. But in one day, I had the Series up and running.
Old 01-24-2008, 11:58 AM   #2816
k2ue
Retired RF Engineer

I had an M card installed by TW Rochester, NY in my THD about month ago, and the fellow who came was pleasant, helpful, and interested in TiVos. No problems since. I lost two SDV HD channels in the switch, and look forward to the USB SDV Adapter in the works, as all new HD here will be SDV.

But there is NOTHING like a real TiVo -- I can finally search effectively for programs of interest, and Suggestions often finds desired programs I missed. It's SO good to be home. . .
Old 01-25-2008, 06:00 AM   #2817
jnc8651

Thumbs up

i went to the twc service center and they were completely out of cc's so i had to wait 2 days for them to get it in. once i got it i took it home and pop'ed it in and did the initial gs with my tivo (it just came in that day) and called twc and it took about 45 min to get the cc activated. they initaly screwed up and just gave me 2-78 + local hd channels, and i had to call in and they said that the cc wasnt "balanced" and after they got the problem fixed its been smooth sailing onword.... now time to add a 750 gb hdd to my tivo hd the hard way..... but other then that i have no problems with the cc and my bill went down a few dollars in the end

Last edited by jnc8651 : 01-25-2008 at 06:01 AM. Reason: added more content
jnc8651 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 09:34 AM   #2818
mmcgown

Hello jnc8651,

You say.......you went to the TWC service center and picked up cablecards?

Where do you live???

I tried to tell TWC-Austin how much money they could save by letting customers pick up cards; they weren't interested.

My installer insisted on NOT following the steps that TiVo provided, so it took most of a day......at TWC's expense.
mmcgown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 04:23 PM   #2819
jonnio

TWC Cincinnati

ESPN2 HD, Food TV HD, etc are now accessible via cable card. I found out only b/c we replaced by series 2 with an HD (and transferred the lifetime ;-) ) and discovered that the new channels came in. I had them re-pair the cards in my S3 and viola! ESPN2 HD!
jonnio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 11:23 PM   #2820
AlexK777

I had a bad experience with TW Austin. The guy came out and installed two M cards and called in the numbers and stuff. He ran through a couple of test channels (sub 100) and said everything looked good. I tried some digital channels (100+) and they were ok. None of the HD channels worked, but he told me they would take some time to activate. I assumed he knew what he was talking about.

Later that day, got nothing. Pay channels (HBO etc) didn't work either. Called the next day and they told me they changed something in the configuration and it should work now. I still could not get pay channels. They said they would send out a tech (4 days later). I can't imagine how that is going to help since the cards are fine. I don't know what a tech can do, but I don't think they know how to do anything else.

Is there anything I should look for, or ask about?
AlexK777 is offline   Reply With Quote