TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 01-06-2008, 01:42 PM   #1711
netphoenix
Netphoenix

As I continue to search for clues in this behemoth of a thread...

I've been alll fat, dumb & happy until a few days ago I decided to update my code.... <g> That's when my listing problems began with folders containing mixed Tivo & mp4 files. If I remove the tivo recordings from the folder, the mp4 shows display just great.

If I have a single .tivo file in a directory full of .mp4's I'm ok. If I add a 2nd .tivo file, that's when it starts hosing up. This first file (.tivo recording) that should display will disappear and instead, seems to act like a hyperlink to the bottom of the .mp4's (alphabetically listed). If I put more than a screen full of .TIVO files in the directory, it'll display the first screen repeatedly as I attempt to scroll down. Way weird...

I did a complete pytivo removal and a new install of the latest (what the heck while I'm at it) which was a 12-31 master file.

I'm bare bones now, with a single folder configured and an S2 tivo:

[Bones]
path=e:\MP4\TV\Bones
type=video

[Server]
debug=true
port=9032
ffmpeg=c:\Program Files\pyTivo\plugins\video\ffmpeg_mp2.exe

Folder example:

Bones - Death in the Saddle.TiVo
Bones - The Soccer Mom in the MiniVan.TiVo
bones 0101 - Pilot.mp4
bones 0102 - The man in the SUV.mp4
bones 0103 - A Boy in the Tree.mp4
bones 0104 - The Man in the Bear.mp4
bones 0242 - Spaceman in a Crater.mp4
bones 0243 - Glowing Bones in the Old Stone House.mp4

and the debug show's an intersting error:
=============
Anchor not found: e:\MP4\TV\Bonese:\MP4\TV\Bones - The Soccer Mom in the MiniVan.TiVo
==============

C:\Program Files\pyTivo\Cheetah\Compiler.py:1508: UserWarning:
You don't have the C version of NameMapper installed! I'm disabling Cheetah's useStackFrames option as it is painfully slow with the Python version of NameMapper. You should get a copy of Cheetah with the compiled C version of NameMapper.
"\nYou don't have the C version of NameMapper installed! "
192.168.0.101 - - [06/Jan/2008 14:37:14] "GET /TiVoConnect?Command=QueryContainer&Container=%2F HTTP/1.0" 200 -
192.168.0.101 - - [06/Jan/2008 14:37:30] "GET /TiVoConnect?Command=QueryContainer&Container=Bones&Recurse=Y es&SortOrder=Title&ItemCount=8&Filter=x-tivo-container%2Ftivo-videos,x-tivo-container%2Ffolder,video%2Fx-tivo-mpeg,video%2F* HTTP/1.1" 200 -
192.168.0.101 - - [06/Jan/2008 14:37:36] "GET /TiVoConnect?Command=QueryContainer&Container=Bones&Recurse=Y es&SortOrder=Title&ItemCount=8&AnchorItem=%2FBones%2Fbones%2 5200106%2520-%2520The%2520Man%2520in%2520the%2520Wall.mp4&AnchorOffset=-1&Filter=x-tivo-container%2Ftivo-videos,x-tivo-container%2Ffolder,video%2Fx-tivo-mpeg,video%2F* HTTP/1.1" 200 -

192.168.0.101 - - [06/Jan/2008 14:38:08] "GET /TiVoConnect?Command=QueryContainer&Container=Bones&Recurse=Y es&SortOrder=Title&ItemCount=8&AnchorItem=%2FBones%2Fbones%2 5200107%2520-%2520A%2520Man%2520on%2520Death%2520Row.mp4&AnchorOffset=-8&Filter=x-tivo-container%2Ftivo-videos,x-tivo-container%2Ffolder,video%2Fx-tivo-mpeg,video%2F* HTTP/1.1" 200 -
Anchor not found: e:\MP4\TV\Bonese:\MP4\TV\Bones - The Soccer Mom in the MiniVan.TiVo
192.168.0.101 - - [06/Jan/2008 14:38:12] "GET /TiVoConnect?Command=QueryContainer&Container=Bones&Recurse=Y es&SortOrder=Title&ItemCount=8&AnchorItem=%2FBones%2FBones%2 520-%2520The%2520Soccer%2520Mom%2520in%2520the%2520MiniVan.TiVo& AnchorOffset=-2&Filter=x-tivo-container%2Ftivo-videos,x-tivo-container%2Ffolder,video%2Fx-tivo-mpeg,video%2F* HTTP/1.1" 200 -

Last edited by netphoenix : 01-06-2008 at 02:07 PM.
netphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 03:17 PM   #1712
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

netphoenix, I think I see the problem. Look here.
wmcbrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 03:37 PM   #1713
netphoenix
Netphoenix

Big Grin

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmcbrine View Post
netphoenix, I think I see the problem. Look here.
That was it!!! I really appreciate you pointing this out. PyTivo is so cool. Right now I have digitized about 150 movies and the same number of TV shows. Just consider the calories I've saved since I no longer have to dig up the DVD and actually put it in my DVD player to watch it

I informed the boss I would need to add another Tb to my farm this year...

-Chris
netphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 08:32 AM   #1714
slestak

irc for pytivo?

Anyone interested in getting a support channel on freenode going for pytivo?

I looked around and didn't see one. I'll research it if there is an interest.
slestak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 08:54 AM   #1715
starmanj

Any chance of adding MRV protocol to PyTivo so us zippered dtivo users can enjoy this tool?
starmanj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 03:16 PM   #1716
dlfl
Cranky old novice

Quote:
Originally Posted by slestak View Post
Anyone interested in getting a support channel on freenode going for pytivo?

I looked around and didn't see one. I'll research it if there is an interest.
Nice offer, but:
A dedicated pyTivo forum with a support topic was just created. What would a "support channel" buy us beyond that?

"It must be swell to be so perfect and odor-free" -- Del Griffith

VideoReDo users: Try
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

pyTivo users: Try
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and
dlfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 07:17 PM   #1717
gonzotek
tivo_xml developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlfl View Post
Nice offer, but:
A dedicated pyTivo forum with a support topic was just created. What would a "support channel" buy us beyond that?
Real time chat over standard IRC protocol. To me, the best projects allow for mailing lists, forums, chat , and independent developers' blogs, but they archive everything online, where it can be found later.

Last edited by gonzotek : 01-07-2008 at 07:23 PM.
gonzotek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 08:35 PM   #1718
slestak

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlfl View Post
Nice offer, but:
Ive registered over there. I agree with the fellow who said we dont have to have just one. irc is nice when you want to float an idea or want to see if anyone is in for an immediate question. Thre is also a social aspect to irc you do not get as much with forums.

I know the idiosyncrasies and sense of humor of friends in other freenode communities where we have common interests. Its also a good "staging area" to help grow the pytivo community.

Just a thought.
Steve
slestak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 12:26 AM   #1719
Narf54321

Quote:
Originally Posted by starmanj View Post
Any chance of adding MRV protocol to PyTivo so us zippered dtivo users can enjoy this tool?
Getting PyTivo working with DTV units would be pretty tricky, since it's all built around the Tivo-To-ComeBack feature which DirecTivos lack.

I'd suggest checking out tivoserver or MovieLoader for similar functionality. You've obviously already "hacked" the box, so those are new options for you.
Narf54321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 04:25 PM   #1720
MasterCephus

Ok I changed the link in my sig to a better download location...

Now you should be able to download it.

(transfer almost any video to your Tivo!)

, a GUI based application to create metadata for pyTivo files
MasterCephus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 09:56 PM   #1721
starmanj

Thanks, but I'm looking for transcoding. Tivoserver is stale--no development in quite a while, and Galleon only handles .mpg's. So latest encoding schemes won't work and old ones spotty with Tivoserver. PyTivo uses ffmpeg externally so you can update it or compile with whatever options you want-- nice. So all us dtivo users are out of luck. I can compile tivoserver under cygwin but porting the MRV server code to PyTivo is beyond my capabilities...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narf54321 View Post
Getting PyTivo working with DTV units would be pretty tricky, since it's all built around the Tivo-To-ComeBack feature which DirecTivos lack.

I'd suggest checking out tivoserver or MovieLoader for similar functionality. You've obviously already "hacked" the box, so those are new options for you.

starmanj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 02:52 PM   #1722
lairdre

Stream DVD

Is it possible to stream a dvd to a tivo using pytivo? I know that VideoLan will allow you to stream a DVD to a PC. Does anyone know what it would take to add this support to pytivo?

Ron
lairdre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 03:51 PM   #1723
dlfl
Cranky old novice

Quote:
Originally Posted by lairdre View Post
Is it possible to stream a dvd to a tivo using pytivo? I know that VideoLan will allow you to stream a DVD to a PC. Does anyone know what it would take to add this support to pytivo?

Ron
If you do a search on "DVD" in this thread you'll find quite a bit of recent info on this topic. The short answer is "No", but with some video conversion effort (see posts from search) you can do something useful.

My guess is this would be a major effort to add this to pyTivo.

"It must be swell to be so perfect and odor-free" -- Del Griffith

VideoReDo users: Try

pyTivo users: Try
and
dlfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 02:48 AM   #1724
xdroccax

Can the "log.txt" be disabled? I.e. no logging. If so, how?
xdroccax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 04:01 PM   #1725
riekl

Pytivo is working fine, only any movies i 'transfer' to my tivo come across with the name 'videos' instead of the filename.

I.e. c:\videos\lordoftherings1.mp4

Transfers as "videos" but if you click on it has an episode name of 'lordoftherings' how do i change this ?
riekl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 05:06 PM   #1726
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

Quote:
Originally Posted by riekl View Post
Pytivo is working fine, only any movies i 'transfer' to my tivo come across with the name 'videos' instead of the filename.

I.e. c:\videos\lordoftherings1.mp4

Transfers as "videos" but if you click on it has an episode name of 'lordoftherings' how do i change this ?
Try a more recent version.
Old 01-10-2008, 07:41 PM   #1727
phox_mulder
I get paid 2watch TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdroccax View Post
log.txt or debug.txt?

Look at PyTivo.conf.dist, it has a line for turning off and on the debugging, I believe you put in debug=false, but check the sample config file to make sure.

phox

TiVo S3-65 HD Hours-Lifetime
TiVo HD 20 HD Hours
DirecTV HR21-700 80+ HD Hours
DirecTV HR20-100 80+ HD Hours
Harmony 880 Remote Control
phox_mulder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 07:42 PM   #1728
MacerX

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrappydog65 View Post
Mike
Scrappydog,
Please fix your signature. Pytivo site is pytivo.armooo.net, not pytivo.armooo.com
THX
MacerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 05:39 AM   #1729
scrappydog65
Long Time TiVo User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacerX View Post
Please fix your signature. Pytivo site is pytivo.armooo.net, not pytivo.armooo.comTHX
MacerX - Thanks for catching. It's been corrected.

Mike
scrappydog65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 06:01 PM   #1730
MasterCephus

MetaGenerator broken

Apparently I just noticed that the place where I get movie data changed their interface so the movie part of the MetaGenerator is not working.

I know how to fix it, but it might be Monday before I can produce an update because of family obligations this weekend. I will do my best to produce the fix ASAP.

Old 01-12-2008, 12:40 AM   #1731
lorddunlow

I need help. I have had no problems with pyTivo for months (after making adjustments to deal with 9.1) I had been using an old version of the software (I'm not sure which version) and had just been updating transcode.py etc. as needed. With all this metadata stuff, I decided to update. I have successfully installed the 1/4/08 subfolder release which is working flawlessly except for one thing. I now have blank video if I have aspect169 set to true. I am running pyTivo on windows. I have two 540 Series 2 boxes and I know this has been an issue since 9.1, but with the help of this post http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...76#post5600276
I was able to fix the problem with my old version of pyTivo. This no longer works due to all the changes that have been made. Does anyone know how I can get my videos to not be letterboxed anymore? I can watch videos like this by zooming the image to fill the screen, but it's more grainy that way, and I prefer the way it used to work for me. Thanks for any help anyone is able to provide.
lorddunlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 02:36 AM   #1732
xdroccax

Quote:
Originally Posted by phox_mulder View Post
log.txt or debug.txt?

Look at PyTivo.conf.dist, it has a line for turning off and on the debugging, I believe you put in debug=false, but check the sample config file to make sure.
The LOG.TXT file that resides in the program folder.. not the debug.txt. The PyTivo.conf debug=false only controls the debug.txt file. I'm looking to disable the log.txt file.
xdroccax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 05:46 AM   #1733
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdroccax View Post
You could take these lines out of pyTivoService.py:
Code:
        f = open(os.path.join(p, 'log.txt'), 'w')
        sys.stdout = f
        sys.stderr = f
That oughta do it.
Old 01-16-2008, 07:42 AM   #1734
MasterCephus

MetaGenerator v1.3 out

Hey guys,

I released the newest version of the MetaGenerator yesterday. I fixed the problem with the movies section not working and added new features:
-added year to movie result list
-added ability to convert IMDB rating to stars (can be set in settings)
-add ability to manually add original airdate
-added ability to get the movie year
-added ability to manually add episode number to TV shows
-added mpaaRating
-if a TV show, tvRating is used, if movie, mpaaRating is used
-added mpeg to video filter when looking for video files
-fixed end of line characters in descriptions

This version will only work with wmcbrine latest release of the pyTivo. If there are any problems, let me know and I will try to fix them as soon as possible.

If want to discuss MetaGenerator, please go here. If you just want to download it and use it, click here.

Old 01-16-2008, 02:42 PM   #1735
jcthorne

Is anyone working on the music plug in for pytivo? I am not a programmer but would sure enjoy seeing album covers displayed while the mp3 is playing. Either from the id3 data in the mp3 itself or the .jpg file in the same directory with the .mp3 being played.

Or is there a way to accomplish this now in pytivo? WMcbrine, I'd offer you a case of your favorite brew to work on this...your work on the photos plug in was brilliant. (trying to butter you up...is it working?)

Setup help for pytivo under windows:
jcthorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 02:57 PM   #1736
CuriousMark
Forum Denizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcthorne View Post
I am not a programmer but would sure enjoy seeing album covers displayed while the mp3 is playing. Either from the id3 data in the mp3 itself or the .jpg file in the same directory with the .mp3 being played.

Or is there a way to accomplish this now in pytivo?
PyTiVo is an HMO server. Displaying a picture and and playing music simultaneously requires an HME server.

TiVo provides the ability to develop HME servers in Java, but not in Python. Someone would have to port the HME SDK to Python for this to happen.

Quote:
WMcbrine, I'd offer you a case of your favorite brew to work on this...your work on the photos plug in was brilliant. (trying to butter you up...is it working?)
Porting the plumbing from Java to Python is a pretty big job. I think many of us would have to pitch in a few cases of brew each. I notice that HME has been ported to Perl, so it should be doable by someone who knows both Java and Python.
CuriousMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 10:55 PM   #1737
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuriousMark View Post
Porting the plumbing from Java to Python is a pretty big job.
Oh, I dunno.

Actually, one needn't really get into the Java SDK -- one can develop upwards from the protocol spec (plus a little packet sniffing to see what really goes on, beacuse damnit, the spec is pretty skimpy). If one wanted to make it work just like the Java SDK, then yeah, that would be more of a port.

Re: Album covers, the HMO spec talks about this as something that could be implemented in the future -- it even talks about the tags it would use -- but the HMO music app (on the Tivo box) doesn't support it yet (or probably ever).
Old 01-16-2008, 11:24 PM   #1738
CuriousMark
Forum Denizen

I am ready to type "Import HME"! How can I help!
CuriousMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 02:28 PM   #1739
MasterCephus

MetaGenerator v1.3.2

Just released:

fixed bug(s)
-fixed searches with apostrophes
-fixed movieYear not writing to metadata file

added feature(s)
-updating file version to current release
-user can now see version number in the About form
-updated the large series ID database to handle

removed feature(s)
-removed the ability to choose between a small seriesID DB and a large one
---
To download, click the link on my signature.

Old 01-18-2008, 04:37 PM   #1740
eb3604
Go Yankees

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterCephus View Post
Just released:

fixed bug(s)
-fixed searches with apostrophes
-fixed movieYear not writing to metadata file

added feature(s)
-updating file version to current release
-user can now see version number in the About form
-updated the large series ID database to handle

removed feature(s)
-removed the ability to choose between a small seriesID DB and a large one
---
To download, click the link on my signature.
Is the mpaarating field supposed to show up in tivo? It just says NR for some movies that i transfered over
eb3604 is offline   Reply With Quote