TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
TiVo Community
Reply
Forum Jump
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-02-2008, 01:17 AM   #1621
KRKeegan
Im lost and confused
 
KRKeegan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 215
Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeS View Post
Is there a way to use the native height and width of the input file as the height and width of the output file, or does every output file has to have the height/width set in the config file?
Well for HD and S3 units i think we will do this, if it hasnt been done already i havent looked. But for S2 units i dont think it works, if I remember right S2 units have very specific file dimensions that they accept and no others.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A much better place to receive pyTivo help and updates.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A python real time video transcoding server for TiVo.
KRKeegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 01:24 AM   #1622
KRKeegan
Im lost and confused
 
KRKeegan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 215
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterCephus View Post
but also a cleander downloads section...

Something like where you just have the newest .ZIP & Tar file available to download and another page for previous versions.
I am not trying to be argumentative, but this is pretty easy to do on the wiki.

I actually just did it quickly here:

http://pytivo.armooo.net/wiki/CurrentRelease

Then from the main page I added a link to the above page and a link to the prior list and calling it All Releases. Now we just need to change the above page to match the most current release. Others can also add links to their other programs there too.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A much better place to receive pyTivo help and updates.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A python real time video transcoding server for TiVo.
KRKeegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 01:43 AM   #1623
danpritts
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeS View Post
Is there a way to use the native height and width of the input file as the height and width of the output file, or does every output file has to have the height/width set in the config file?
Interestingly enough, I just discovered pytivo the other day, and wanted the same thing. There weren't to be any options to do this (at least in the code branches i looked at) so i patched pytivo to do this.

I've added options to:

- keep original height/width
- keep original framerate
- keep original audio sampling rate

All of these things should save CPU time on transcoding, and should probably result in a smaller video file being sent to/stored on the tivo. on my tivoHD the limited selection of files i've sent this way have all worked, with framerates 25fps and 29.97fps, audio sample rates from 32KHz to 48KHz, and sizes 512x384, 640x480, and 960x528.

email me (danno umich edu) if you want my patches immediately; i'll work to get them submitted to the main distribution.

I considered also adding an option to check the bitrate of the original audio stream and try to intelligently set the bitrate of the new audio stream to match (you probaby want a bit more on the target, since mp2 is less efficient than other codecs), but i decided not to bother. This would save a little space but probably not any cpu time; might actually cost more cpu time.
danpritts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 02:44 AM   #1624
KRKeegan
Im lost and confused
 
KRKeegan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 215
Armooo - This is a discussion plugin for trac, would you consider using this:
http://trac-hacks.org/wiki/DiscussionPlugin

From the best I can surmize I think it is the only thing that trac is really missing from what ppl want.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A much better place to receive pyTivo help and updates.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A python real time video transcoding server for TiVo.
KRKeegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 08:50 AM   #1625
MasterCephus
Registered User
 
MasterCephus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Hueytown, Alabama
Posts: 309
Quote:
Originally Posted by smilerz View Post
MasterCephus - one thing that you could do is allow file to episode matching.
I.E display two columns (one with episodes and one with files) and use <=> type commands to match them together.

No need to guess the naming conventions and it streamlines the process.

Of course, I'm not a developer so this is pie-in-the-sky theorizing.

If nothing else, i'd like to request remembering the last folder location and/or the file extension.
I think I have an idea that will work for this that everyone will like. Hopefully I will be able to put out an update pretty soon...
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(transfer almost any video to your Tivo!)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, a GUI based application to create metadata for pyTivo files
MasterCephus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 08:51 AM   #1626
MasterCephus
Registered User
 
MasterCephus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Hueytown, Alabama
Posts: 309
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRKeegan View Post
I am not trying to be argumentative, but this is pretty easy to do on the wiki.

I actually just did it quickly here:

http://pytivo.armooo.net/wiki/CurrentRelease

Then from the main page I added a link to the above page and a link to the prior list and calling it All Releases. Now we just need to change the above page to match the most current release. Others can also add links to their other programs there too.
I have no problems there, but we might need to add some things in there like what's new in the release, a link to previous versions, etc.

Is there somewhere in Tracs where Armoo is posting the newest features in releases?
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(transfer almost any video to your Tivo!)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, a GUI based application to create metadata for pyTivo files
MasterCephus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 09:51 AM   #1627
cconnell
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 18
I just installed pyTivo. It looks great. I have about 250 movies in a directory (avg size 5 gig). They show up on my tivo (Series 3) but it takes a long time to see the list (about 30 seconds) and then every page down is another 30 seconds.

pyTivo is running on Vista the movies are on a share (external hard drive). I can access the share very quickly from Vista.

What is making the listing of the movies so slow? Can I speed it up? Thanks in advance.
cconnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 09:54 AM   #1628
tlc
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 460
Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeS View Post
Is there a way to use the native height and width of the input file as the height and width of the output file, or does every output file has to have the height/width set in the config file?
Some of us are already doing this by setting the ffmpeg_prams as described here. It works great (for the HD). Much less server CPU for the transcoding and the HD does scaling. But the S2's can't handle this.

tlc
tlc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 10:21 AM   #1629
tlc
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 460
FYI,

This may lead to a subfolder fix on the TiVo!

tlc
tlc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 10:22 AM   #1630
philhu
User Since Day ONE!
 
philhu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Funcity, MA
Posts: 672
Quote:
Originally Posted by smilerz View Post
MasterCephus - one thing that you could do is allow file to episode matching.
I.E display two columns (one with episodes and one with files) and use <=> type commands to match them together.

No need to guess the naming conventions and it streamlines the process.

Of course, I'm not a developer so this is pie-in-the-sky theorizing.

If nothing else, i'd like to request remembering the last folder location and/or the file extension.
Or, just prompt for an output name for each items as you write it. Kind of what you do now. Ask for a file to match, change the extension to .txt and write that name. For a 13 episode season, you would prompt 13 times, but right now, using season stuff you would need to rename 13 files, and with the older by episode thing, it needs 5 clicks per episode or 65 total clicks. This would be only 13 clicks

phil
philhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 10:32 AM   #1631
dlfl
Cranky old novice
 
dlfl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Near Dayton, Ohio
Posts: 6,070
Quote:
Originally Posted by danpritts View Post
.............I've added options to:

- keep original height/width
- keep original framerate
- keep original audio sampling rate

All of these things should save CPU time on transcoding, and should probably result in a smaller video file being sent to/stored on the tivo.............
I considered also adding an option to check the bitrate of the original audio stream and try to intelligently set the bitrate of the new audio stream to match ..............
A good idea for optimizing settings for S3/HD tivos, along with others that have been posted including wgw's post #1588 and another post for ffmpeg parameters that didn't specify the video bitrate at all, rather a quality goal.

What we need is an algorithm (i.e., a function) for optimally setting ffmpeg parameters. Arriving at a consensus of how this should work may not be easy, but some suggested general guidelines are:

1. For s2 (SD) tivos, use the old pre-HD method. (pyTivo knows whether it's s2 or s3/HD by the TSN, which it gets whether you have a per-tivo section or not.)

2. Compute an intelligent s3/HD default parameter set that has a high probability of giving a fairly good result (good compromise between quality and encoding/transfer time) even if the user chooses not to configure anything.

3. Provide "bounded" configuration where the intelligent settings from (2.) are constrained by max/min limits set by the user (e.g., for bitrates, size, fps, others as appropriate).

4. Allow the user to completely determine some parameters. For some parameters such as bitrates this could be done with the bounded configuration by just choosing min and max bitrate to be equal.

The basic principle is to provide good performance and ease of use for the user who knows nothing about encoding but allow increasing optimization control in proportion to how much the user knows and is willing to control.

Even just formulating guidelines like these is controversial, so just consider these food for thought. Arriving at a consensus will probably be a messy process but a good solution will be very worthwhile.
__________________

"It must be swell to be so perfect and odor-free" -- Del Griffith


VideoReDo users: Try
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

pyTivo users: Try
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
dlfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 01:20 PM   #1632
KRKeegan
Im lost and confused
 
KRKeegan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 215
Quote:
Originally Posted by cconnell View Post
What is making the listing of the movies so slow? Can I speed it up? Thanks in advance.
It should go faster after the initial view of every folder. There is a cache built into pyTivo so as long as you are leaving it running you should notice speed increases the second and subsequent times viewing that folder.

The reason for this is: When you select a folder for the first time pyTivo has to run each file in that folder through the ffmpeg process to determine of the file is a compatible video. The results of this test are stored in the cache so that subsequent requests for that folder do not require ffmpeg calls. While it is slow the first time, it ensures that only valid videos are displayed on your TiVo.

Kevin
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A much better place to receive pyTivo help and updates.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A python real time video transcoding server for TiVo.
KRKeegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 01:29 PM   #1633
KRKeegan
Im lost and confused
 
KRKeegan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 215
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlc View Post
FYI,This may lead to a subfolder fix on the TiVo! tlc
Cool I am always excited for any bug fixes that TiVo does.

This sounds similar to the pyTivo shares replacing the NPL list. Even the solution is the same as what we came up with. This has been present even before the 8.3 bug, but hopefully fixing this will get rid of the subfolders issue.

Thanks for the heads up!
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A much better place to receive pyTivo help and updates.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A python real time video transcoding server for TiVo.
KRKeegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 01:33 PM   #1634
KRKeegan
Im lost and confused
 
KRKeegan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 215
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlfl View Post
What we need is an algorithm (i.e., a function) for optimally setting ffmpeg parameters. Arriving at a consensus of how this should work may not be easy, but some suggested general guidelines are:
I like the idea. But I agree it will certainly be a messy process. I am a little behind on the HD front in pyTivo, but I am working on catching up as quickly as possible.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A much better place to receive pyTivo help and updates.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A python real time video transcoding server for TiVo.
KRKeegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 01:42 PM   #1635
KRKeegan
Im lost and confused
 
KRKeegan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 215
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterCephus View Post
I have no problems there, but we might need to add some things in there like what's new in the release, a link to previous versions, etc. Is there somewhere in Tracs where Armoo is posting the newest features in releases?
Yes, my example was only to show that the wiki can be used to display any number of things. The wiki has come a long way, but it will always need constant edits from everyone. Maintaining the wiki is just too much for one person to do.

Well you can look at the changelog and determine what was fixed or added in each release. Most releases do not add new features but fix bugs that have been found.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A much better place to receive pyTivo help and updates.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A python real time video transcoding server for TiVo.
KRKeegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 02:30 PM   #1636
cconnell
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 18
Thanks for your response. It has been running all day and it is not faster. I have not taken the time to page to bottom of the file list. Would that matter? I have just one folder with 250 files in it. No sub folders. Thoughts? Thanks.
cconnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 03:11 PM   #1637
MickeS
Registered User
 
MickeS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: AZ
Posts: 25,883
Quote:
Originally Posted by danpritts View Post
Interestingly enough, I just discovered pytivo the other day, and wanted the same thing. There weren't to be any options to do this (at least in the code branches i looked at) so i patched pytivo to do this.

I've added options to:

- keep original height/width
- keep original framerate
- keep original audio sampling rate

All of these things should save CPU time on transcoding, and should probably result in a smaller video file being sent to/stored on the tivo. on my tivoHD the limited selection of files i've sent this way have all worked, with framerates 25fps and 29.97fps, audio sample rates from 32KHz to 48KHz, and sizes 512x384, 640x480, and 960x528.

email me (danno umich edu) if you want my patches immediately; i'll work to get them submitted to the main distribution.

I considered also adding an option to check the bitrate of the original audio stream and try to intelligently set the bitrate of the new audio stream to match (you probaby want a bit more on the target, since mp2 is less efficient than other codecs), but i decided not to bother. This would save a little space but probably not any cpu time; might actually cost more cpu time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlc View Post
Some of us are already doing this by setting the ffmpeg_prams as described here. It works great (for the HD). Much less server CPU for the transcoding and the HD does scaling. But the S2's can't handle this.

tlc
Thanks to both of you for responses! I will try tlc's suggestion with the ffmpeg_pram. Since the S2 still has the annoying bug where it squeezes widescreen video and adds black bars on top and bottom, I don't use it for TTCB any longer. I wonder if TiVo will fix that...
MickeS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 06:08 PM   #1638
KRKeegan
Im lost and confused
 
KRKeegan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 215
For those using MetaGenerator for entire seasons here is a good free batch renamer:
http://www3.telus.net/pfrank/

This way you can rename 1x1.txt -1x22.txt to match your desired format
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A much better place to receive pyTivo help and updates.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A python real time video transcoding server for TiVo.
KRKeegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 06:18 PM   #1639
philhu
User Since Day ONE!
 
philhu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Funcity, MA
Posts: 672
Metadata formatter program for mfs_ftp txt files

If somehow you got metadata from that program and files from it, I wrote a quick VB program to turn the meta data into pyTivo NPL metadata. I will distribute the source, since it needs a quick config and I dont wanna build a full vb exe generator install kit.

There is alot more data available in the meta files than is currently in the .txt files.

Does anyone have a list of keywords that PYTIVO allows in the metadata .txt files when showing in the NPL? Or are we using all of them allowed so far?

And can the PYTIVO .txt file take genre's in numbers, not words, like

vProgramGenre : 34

instead of

vProgramGenre : Comedy

Since the Tivo uses multiple genres in a numeric format. BTW, I do have a list of all Tivo Genre numbers if anyone wants it


And is there a way in those metafiles for PYTIVO to show Original Airdate, and this showing airdate? Both is available.

Last edited by philhu : 01-02-2008 at 06:26 PM.
philhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 06:19 PM   #1640
StanSimmons
Senior Moment Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Flower Mound, TX, USA
Posts: 4,717
Would it be possible to add support for .tmf files to pyTivo. They are native TiVo ty streams that are tar'd and have metadata in XML format added to them.
__________________
Stan

"easy as 3.141592653589793238462643383279502884179"
StanSimmons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 06:56 PM   #1641
Sicklybutsexy
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRKeegan View Post
For those using MetaGenerator for entire seasons here is a good free batch renamer:
http://www3.telus.net/pfrank/

This way you can rename 1x1.txt -1x22.txt to match your desired format
Thanks KRKeegan. After messing with that PFrank program I got it to work. I just had to make the search pattern .txt and have my desired name replace it ie... .avi.txt . That did it.
Sicklybutsexy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 07:04 PM   #1642
MasterCephus
Registered User
 
MasterCephus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Hueytown, Alabama
Posts: 309
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRKeegan View Post
For those using MetaGenerator for entire seasons here is a good free batch renamer:
http://www3.telus.net/pfrank/

This way you can rename 1x1.txt -1x22.txt to match your desired format
I should have an update tomorrow that prompts for the naming of each episode...
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(transfer almost any video to your Tivo!)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, a GUI based application to create metadata for pyTivo files
MasterCephus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 07:21 PM   #1643
wgw
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 217
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlfl View Post
(pyTivo knows whether it's s2 or s3/HD by the TSN, which it gets whether you have a per-tivo section or not.)
Doh! How did I miss that. That makes my HDtivosonly option redundant. I was a bit hesitant to add it but it sounded like a good idea at the time. I'll remove that setting from my mod unless someone can think of a good reason to leave it in. Let me know if you noticed any other fubars in my mod.

Quote:
2. Compute an intelligent s3/HD default parameter set that has a high probability of giving a fairly good result (good compromise between quality and encoding/transfer time) even if the user chooses not to configure anything.
Along those lines, I've been wondering if a string like one of these should be added to the default S3/HD ffmpeg template to improve quality.

-b_strategy 1 -bf 2 -coder vlc -mbd rd -qmin 1 (submitted by ScottE)
or
-mbd rd -flags +trell -mv0 -cgop -cmp 2 -subcmp 2 (from WinFF)

Quote:
3. Provide "bounded" configuration where the intelligent settings from (2.) are constrained by max/min limits set by the user (e.g., for bitrates, size, fps, others as appropriate).
Hmmm, food for thought. Specifying min/max parameters in the conf like this would allow for fewer parameter lines needing to be specified in the config.

audio_br= 192k, 448k
video_br= 4096k, 17408k

Quote:
4. Allow the user to completely determine some parameters. For some parameters such as bitrates this could be done with the bounded configuration by just choosing min and max bitrate to be equal.


The basic principle is to provide good performance and ease of use for the user who knows nothing about encoding but allow increasing optimization control in proportion to how much the user knows and is willing to control.

Even just formulating guidelines like these is controversial, so just consider these food for thought. Arriving at a consensus will probably be a messy process but a good solution will be very worthwhile.
Everyone sure has come up a lot of good ideas for consideration in the last 24 hours.
wgw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 07:42 PM   #1644
philhu
User Since Day ONE!
 
philhu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Funcity, MA
Posts: 672
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanSimmons View Post
Would it be possible to add support for .tmf files to pyTivo. They are native TiVo ty streams that are tar'd and have metadata in XML format added to them.
I SECOND THAT! But we all know where TMF files came from...Ahem.

Use TY files and the TXT files and run my program to put back the metadata

phil
philhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 07:45 PM   #1645
MasterCephus
Registered User
 
MasterCephus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Hueytown, Alabama
Posts: 309
Quote:
Originally Posted by philhu View Post
If somehow you got metadata from that program and files from it, I wrote a quick VB program to turn the meta data into pyTivo NPL metadata. I will distribute the source, since it needs a quick config and I dont wanna build a full vb exe generator install kit.

There is alot more data available in the meta files than is currently in the .txt files.

Does anyone have a list of keywords that PYTIVO allows in the metadata .txt files when showing in the NPL? Or are we using all of them allowed so far?

And can the PYTIVO .txt file take genre's in numbers, not words, like

vProgramGenre : 34

instead of

vProgramGenre : Comedy

Since the Tivo uses multiple genres in a numeric format. BTW, I do have a list of all Tivo Genre numbers if anyone wants it


And is there a way in those metafiles for PYTIVO to show Original Airdate, and this showing airdate? Both is available.
maybe I am a little slow tonight, but what does your application do?
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(transfer almost any video to your Tivo!)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, a GUI based application to create metadata for pyTivo files
MasterCephus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 09:16 PM   #1646
KRKeegan
Im lost and confused
 
KRKeegan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 215
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterCephus View Post
maybe I am a little slow tonight, but what does your application do?
No, no. I am just as confused too.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A much better place to receive pyTivo help and updates.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A python real time video transcoding server for TiVo.
KRKeegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 09:18 PM   #1647
KRKeegan
Im lost and confused
 
KRKeegan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 215
Quote:
Originally Posted by philhu View Post
I SECOND THAT! But we all know where TMF files came from...Ahem.
I don't think any of the developer have access to such a file. If anyone who uses these comes up with a solution to this I would consider doing it.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A much better place to receive pyTivo help and updates.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A python real time video transcoding server for TiVo.
KRKeegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 10:11 PM   #1648
StanSimmons
Senior Moment Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Flower Mound, TX, USA
Posts: 4,717
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRKeegan View Post
I don't think any of the developer have access to such a file. If anyone who uses these comes up with a solution to this I would consider doing it.
I can put up a tmf file for you if you need one to look at.

http://www.dvrpedia.com/TiVo_Recording_File_Formats

Quote:
TMF files are Ty files that were extracted from a TiVo using MFS_FTP. The biggest differences is that it is a TAR ball that contains several different files. The files it contains are the individual TY chunks as they were stored together on the TiVo. It also contains a file with the show metadata for the recording.

__________________
Stan

"easy as 3.141592653589793238462643383279502884179"
StanSimmons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 10:22 PM   #1649
rjmitche
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by philhu View Post
Does anyone have a list of keywords that PYTIVO allows in the metadata .txt files when showing in the NPL?
.
.
.
And is there a way in those metafiles for PYTIVO to show Original Airdate, and this showing airdate?
http://pytivo.armooo.net/wiki/MetaData

originalAirDate : <value>
time : <value>

Speaking of "recorded date" (time)...

MasterCephus - Any chance of adding an option to your MetaGenerator program for setting the "time" value to the originalAirDate value? I think this would help when sorting by recorded date in the NPL (when transferred to the TiVo).
rjmitche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 11:02 PM   #1650
philhu
User Since Day ONE!
 
philhu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Funcity, MA
Posts: 672
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterCephus View Post
maybe I am a little slow tonight, but what does your application do?
I have txt file metafdat and ty files for video.

It takes the metadata in the txt files and turns it into the pytivo txt files
to hold the orig metadata.

Just a read and convert.
philhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Forum Jump




Thread Tools


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Advertisements

TiVo Community
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBulletin Skins by: Relivo Media

(C) 2013 Magenium Solutions - All Rights Reserved. No information may be posted elsewhere without written permission.
TiVoŽ is a registered trademark of TiVo Inc. This site is not owned or operated by TiVo Inc.
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:55 AM.
OUR NETWORK: MyOpenRouter | TechLore | SansaCommunity | RoboCommunity | MediaSmart Home | Explore3DTV | Dijit Community | DVR Playground |