TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 12-28-2007, 01:06 PM   #1501
philhu
User Since Day ONE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmcbrine View Post
Well it wouldn't be a replacement for the music plugin if it didn't. It's actually a modification of the existing plugin, to add support for playlists; but I fixed some bugs while I was at it.

And, it doesn't actually do XM. (Yet?)
ok, i downloaded it and the photo module

They go in tonight.

Anyone know why the folders under the main pc server share on the tivo show 0 items inside each folder? But if you go into the folder, the correct items show and are counted?
philhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 02:21 PM   #1502
dwgsp

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlfl View Post
Huhh??? Version 2.5.1 sounds like a TiVo Desktop version number.

The only version of pyTivo I can recommend is the latest one (9 Dec 07) and then you need to apply the fixes in Tickets 56-58 and 62 on the Wiki at a minimum.
You're right, I was thinking of something else when I typed the version info. I installed the 12/9/07 version of pyTivo.

I just looked at ticket 56, and it describes the change by referencing a line number in the file. I am running this on Windows, and I don't have a text editor that supports line numbers (I don't really want to install a new editor on my system just so that I can run pyTivo). Is there someplace that I can download a version of pyTivo that already has these fixes applied? Or should I try an earlier version?

Thanks!
/Don
dwgsp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 03:11 PM   #1503
dlfl
Cranky old novice

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwgsp View Post
You're right, I was thinking of something else when I typed the version info. I installed the 12/9/07 version of pyTivo.

I just looked at ticket 56, and it describes the change by referencing a line number in the file. I am running this on Windows, and I don't have a text editor that supports line numbers (I don't really want to install a new editor on my system just so that I can run pyTivo). Is there someplace that I can download a version of pyTivo that already has these fixes applied? Or should I try an earlier version?

Thanks!
/Don
Can't recommend an earlier version -- too hard to remember what versions have which problems and what fixes are needed.

However here is a work-around for the line number problem:

Load the file into wordpad.
Save it (Ctrl-S) -- do not save to a different name, just overwrite the original file.
Now load the file into notepad.
Turn Word Wrap OFF
Hit Ctrl-G and enter the line number you want

The purpose of loading and saving from WordPad is to change the line endings from Unix style to Windows style, so Notepad will display it correctly.

Indentation is all important in Python code so be careful about it. Do not use the tab key, just space over to line up as required.

When you get tired of the workaround I recommend MetaPad a free program that is notepad with many improvements. Just Google for it.

"It must be swell to be so perfect and odor-free" -- Del Griffith

VideoReDo users: Try
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

pyTivo users: Try
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and
dlfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 04:53 PM   #1504
dwgsp

Quote:
However here is a work-around for the line number problem:

Load the file into wordpad.
Save it (Ctrl-S) -- do not save to a different name, just overwrite the original file.
Now load the file into notepad.
Turn Word Wrap OFF
Hit Ctrl-G and enter the line number you want
Thanks for the workaround. I applied the tickets that you previously mentioned, but the problem still occurred. Then I decided to simplify things, so I created a new directory in the root of my system (C:\Video) and copied a file and a directory into it. Then I restarted pyTivo and everything worked.

Thinking that I had solved the problem, I copied a bunch more files and directories into C:\Video. Now I have a new problem. When I select the share from my Tivo, I can only display two screens worth of entries. In other words, I can display the first screen, then I press the CH- key and I can see the next (second) screen. But if I press CH- again, I see the first screen again instead of the next (third screen). Is there a known fix for this?

Edit: It looks like my problem may be similar to the one described in Ticket 53, except that I can display two screens while the ticket describes a problem where only one screen can be displayed.

Thanks!
/Don

Last edited by dwgsp : 12-28-2007 at 04:59 PM.
dwgsp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 06:32 PM   #1505
philhu
User Since Day ONE!

Quote:
Well it wouldn't be a replacement for the music plugin if it didn't. It's actually a modification of the existing plugin, to add support for playlists; but I fixed some bugs while I was at it.

And, it doesn't actually do XM. (Yet?)
I installed your new overwriting photo and music modules....

Ok, photo module works like a champ.

Music, on the other hand works better, but doesnt work for me

I can browse folders in my collection levels down, but if I browse into a folder actually containing mp3 files, I get an error 3-0-65535

If I stay one level up and try to PLAY a folder containing oh a small number of songs, like 10, 13, etc, or any amount, the Tivo just says 'Please wait' forever.

So it never plays music. Tivo Desktop works on music like a champ using this same file structure.

Any ideas? I am using Master 12/09 pytivo
Old 12-28-2007, 07:10 PM   #1506
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

Quote:
Originally Posted by philhu View Post
I can browse folders in my collection levels down, but if I browse into a folder actually containing mp3 files, I get an error 3-0-65535
Are you using the latest version (0.8)?

Any error messages in the pyTivo window?
wmcbrine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 07:28 PM   #1507
philhu
User Since Day ONE!

Quote:
Are you using the latest version (0.8)?

Any error messages in the pyTivo window?
Ok, I installed 0.8 of your music module.

I ran pyTivo as a cmd line program. It still dies on playing a music folder with error: 1-0-65535 or
if I try to go into the folder, an error 3-0-65535

It was about 3 folders down, and was a directory with 3 or 4 mp3 files.

Here is the cmd window errors:
C:\Program Files\TiVo\PyTivo-master>pyTivo.py
C:\Program Files\TiVo\PyTivo-master\Cheetah\Compiler.py:1508: UserWarning:
You don't have the C version of NameMapper installed! I'm disabling Cheetah's us
eStackFrames option as it is painfully slow with the Python version of NameMappe
r. You should get a copy of Cheetah with the compiled C version of NameMapper.
"\nYou don't have the C version of NameMapper installed! "
192.168.1.108 - - [28/Dec/2007 20:46:00] "GET /TiVoConnect?Command=QueryContaine
r&Container=%2F HTTP/1.0" 200 -
192.168.1.108 - - [28/Dec/2007 20:46:15] "GET /TiVoConnect?Command=QueryContaine
r&Container=MySvr%2FChuck&SortOrder=!CaptureDate&ItemCount=8 &Filter=x-tivo-conta
iner%2Ftivo-videos,x-tivo-container%2Ffolder,video%2Fx-tivo-mpeg,video%2F* HTTP/
1.1" 200 -
192.168.1.108 - - [28/Dec/2007 20:46:19] "GET /TiVoConnect?Command=QueryContaine
192.168.1.108 - - [28/Dec/2007 20:46:29] "GET /TiVoConnect?Command=QueryContaine
192.168.1.108 - - [28/Dec/2007 20:46:41] "GET /TiVoConnect?Command=QueryContaine
r&Container=MySvr-Music&Recurse=No&Filter=x-container%2Ffolder,x-container%2Fpla
ylist,audio%2F*&SortOrder=Type,Title&ItemCount=0&Details=Bas ic&Format=text%2Fxml
HTTP/1.0" 200 -
192.168.1.108 - - [28/Dec/2007 20:46:42] "GET /TiVoConnect?Command=QueryContaine
r&Container=MySvr-Music&Recurse=No&Filter=x-container%2Ffolder,x-container%2Fpla
ylist,audio%2F*&SortOrder=Type,Title&ItemCount=4&Details=Bas ic&Format=text%2Fxml
HTTP/1.0" 200 -
192.168.1.108 - - [28/Dec/2007 20:46:44] "GET /TiVoConnect?Command=QueryContaine
r&Container=MySvr-Music%2FTagged&Recurse=No&Filter=x-container%2Ffolder,x-contai
ner%2Fplaylist,audio%2F*&SortOrder=Type,Title&ItemCount=0&De tails=Basic&Format=t
ext%2Fxml HTTP/1.0" 200 -
192.168.1.108 - - [28/Dec/2007 20:46:44] "GET /TiVoConnect?Command=QueryContaine
r&Container=MySvr-Music%2FTagged&Recurse=No&Filter=x-container%2Ffolder,x-contai
ner%2Fplaylist,audio%2F*&SortOrder=Type,Title&ItemCount=4&De tails=Basic&Format=t
ext%2Fxml HTTP/1.0" 200 -
192.168.1.108 - - [28/Dec/2007 20:46:47] "GET /TiVoConnect?Command=QueryContaine
r&Container=MySvr-Music%2FTagged%2FMusic%20Place&Recurse=No&Filter=x-container%2
Ffolder,x-container%2Fplaylist,audio%2F*&SortOrder=Type,Title&ItemCoun t=0&Detail
s=Basic&Format=text%2Fxml HTTP/1.0" 200 -
192.168.1.108 - - [28/Dec/2007 20:46:47] "GET /TiVoConnect?Command=QueryContaine
r&Container=MySvr-Music%2FTagged%2FMusic%20Place&Recurse=No&Filter=x-container%2
Ffolder,x-container%2Fplaylist,audio%2F*&SortOrder=Type,Title&ItemCoun t=8&Detail
s=Basic&Format=text%2Fxml HTTP/1.0" 200 -
192.168.1.108 - - [28/Dec/2007 20:46:56] "GET /TiVoConnect?Command=QueryContaine
r&Container=MySvr-Music%2FTagged%2FMusic%20Place%2FArgent&Recurse=Yes&Filter=a ud
io%2F*&SortOrder=Type,Title&ItemCount=1&Details=Optimal&Form at=text%2Fxml HTTP/1
.0" 200 -

Last edited by philhu : 12-28-2007 at 08:00 PM.
Old 12-28-2007, 08:29 PM   #1508
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

That's the normal output -- no error messages there. Sorry, I have no clue. Does this happen for you on any directory with an MP3 in it, or just that one?

I'll put some more debugging statements in the next version and see if that gets us anywhere.
Old 12-28-2007, 09:00 PM   #1509
rgr

Running pyTiVo-2007-12-09-master-d4219 on xp running python 2.51
TiVo Series3

I've noticed that the video transferred has a small but noticeable trimming around all the edges, as if allow for some overscanning of the video. The picture is just a bit bigger than is displayed, comparing the tv image with the original avi file. Is there anyway to turn that off, or to adjust for it in the conf file? I've tried changing the aspect ratio, height, width, pre-transcoding, rolling back to the PyTiVo on 11-25 - all to no effect. Any ideas?

my PyTiVo.conf:
[MyMovies]
type = video
#path = Z:\Video
path = C:\Documents and Settings\Ron\My Documents\Video

[Server]
beacon = 192.168.10.255
aspect169=true
width=1440
height=720
audio_br=320K
video_br=12Mi
ffmpeg_prams = -vcodec mpeg2video -r 29.97 -b %(video_br)s -maxrate %(max_video_br)s -bufsize %(buff_size)s %(aspect_ratio)s -comment pyTivo.py -ac 2 -ab %(audio_br)s -ar 44100 -f vob -
port = 9032
ffmpeg = C:\Documents and Settings\Ron\Desktop\pyTivoMaster\plugins\video\ffmpeg_mp2.e xe
rgr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 10:08 PM   #1510
MasterCephus

MetaGenerator v. 1.1

I have completed a new update to the MetaGenerator program.

You can download the new version here

It could be a little buggy as I haven't had much time to test it. If you find any bugs, let me know and I'll try to fix it really fast.

Here are some changes:

Fixes:
-fixed problem when application can't connect to sites to get data
-fixed the output of series id to seriesID instead of seriesid

New features:
-added settings feature
-can choose your default video directory
-can add the IMDB rating (X out of 10) to the end of the descriptions of movies
-can choose between a small seriesID DB and a large DB. Most common series are in the smaller db, however, if you can't find the series, try the bigger DB

I think that's it. Let me know what you guys think.

Seriously, if something is wrong with it, let me know and I will try to get out an update as fast as I can...
MasterCephus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 10:40 PM   #1511
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterCephus View Post
I suggest changing it to match Tivo's star system... This is set by the "starRating" tag in the extended info. Examples:

<starRating value="3">TWO</starRating>
<starRating value="4">TWO_POINT_FIVE</starRating>
<starRating value="5">THREE</starRating>

Also, earlier in the thread, people were talking about only TV ratings (TV-14, TV-MA, etc.) being available. For movie-style ratings, you need to use the "mpaaRating" tag. Examples:

<mpaaRating value="3">PG_13</mpaaRating>
<mpaaRating value="4">R</mpaaRating>

There are also still tvRating fields present in the extended XML for the movies I've looked at ("_14" in both cases above), but these aren't displayed on the Tivo.
Old 12-28-2007, 11:18 PM   #1512
MasterCephus

wmcbrine,

Are those valid metadata entries for pyTivo to serve to the Tivo?

Quote:
<starRating value="3">TWO</starRating>
<starRating value="4">TWO_POINT_FIVE</starRating>
<starRating value="5">THREE</starRating>
I am being a little dense, but I don't understand how those figures equal each other... a value of 3 is actually 2, and 4 is really a 2.5?

Quote:
<mpaaRating value="3">PG_13</mpaaRating>
<mpaaRating value="4">R</mpaaRating>
So can I assume that PG has a value of 2 and G has a value of 1?

Again, I can only output items that Armoo is allowing me too...does he have in pyTivo the ability to do the above items? Would it be something like: starRating : 3
mpaaRating : 3

???
Old 12-28-2007, 11:30 PM   #1513
dlfl
Cranky old novice

Quote:
Here are some changes:

Fixes:
Maybe this was just a typo but the correct label is "seriesId" -- see Armooo's post #1044 in this thread.

and
Old 12-28-2007, 11:46 PM   #1514
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

Quote:
Yes, in the extended data.

Quote:
I am being a little dense, but I don't understand how those figures equal each other... a value of 3 is actually 2, and 4 is really a 2.5?
Since the Tivo can display half a star, each half-star apparently increments the value.

1 = ONE
2 = ONE_POINT_FIVE
6 = THREE_POINT_FIVE
7 = FOUR

I haven't seen those values yet, but I'm extrapolating.

Quote:
So I would assume.

Quote:
Again, I can only output items that Armoo is allowing me too...does he have in pyTivo the ability to do the above items?
Not as yet...
Old 12-29-2007, 08:15 AM   #1515
MasterCephus

Quote:
Maybe this was just a typo but the correct label is "seriesId" -- see Armooo's post #1044 in this thread.
Yeah it was a typo...it now prints out as "seriesId"...

sorry for the confusion
Old 12-29-2007, 09:00 AM   #1516
dlfl
Cranky old novice

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgr View Post
Running pyTiVo-2007-12-09-master-d4219 on xp running python 2.51
TiVo Series3

I've noticed that the video transferred has a small but noticeable trimming around all the edges, as if allow for some overscanning of the video. The picture is just a bit bigger than is displayed, comparing the tv image with the original avi file. Is there anyway to turn that off, or to adjust for it in the conf file? I've tried changing the aspect ratio, height, width, pre-transcoding, rolling back to the PyTiVo on 11-25 - all to no effect. Any ideas?
I don't completely understand your problem description except it is either too much or too little overscan. In either case I believe you are SOL unless you are willing to dig into the code and do some custom mods.

The ffmpeg items to control this are the padding and cropping options
(padtop, padbottom,padleft,padright, croptop,cropbottom,cropleft and cropright). These items are all set in the function

def select_aspect(inFile, tsn = ''):

in code module transcode.py. Unfortunately the logic in this function is too complex to just give a simple recipe for how to vary these items to achieve a specific purpose. Also if your file has been declared to be a tivo-compatible mpeg2 then it never gets processed through this function anyway and is sent as-is to the TiVo box. I believe the latest code considers ALL mpeg2's as tivo-compatible for the HD and S3 tivos (based on the TSN it reads from the TiVo). Thus for these files you are at the mercy of the TiVo for how it chooses to clip/crop/overscan these files.

lf you do want to mod the code, here are the rules:

(x + paddings - crops) must equal desired-final-width/height, usually known as TIVO_WIDTH/TIVO_HEIGHT

x stands for w or h given in the -s wxh option. The equation is two equations, one for width, one for height, and the padding and crop sums are the ones applicable to the direction in question. The equations tell you how to adjust w or h depending on the other choices.

I've usually seen excess overscan on my 4:3 aspect CRT TV for transcoded files and have customized my pyTivo with top, bottom and left padding to make it better.

and
Old 12-29-2007, 09:53 AM   #1517
Sicklybutsexy

Quote:

You can download the new version here

It could be a little buggy as I haven't had much time to test it. If you find any bugs, let me know and I'll try to fix it really fast.

Here are some changes:

Fixes:
-fixed problem when application can't connect to sites to get data

New features:
-added settings feature
-can choose your default video directory
-can choose between a small seriesID DB and a large DB. Most common series are in the smaller db, however, if you can't find the series, try the bigger DB

I think that's it. Let me know what you guys think.

Seriously, if something is wrong with it, let me know and I will try to get out an update as fast as I can...

MasterCephus, Love the new program. So far no bugs. I especially like the addition of having a default video foler to go to. Saves a lot of clicking. Thanks and keep on keeping on...
Sicklybutsexy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 10:49 AM   #1518
philhu
User Since Day ONE!

Quote:
That's the normal output -- no error messages there. Sorry, I have no clue. Does this happen for you on any directory with an MP3 in it, or just that one?

I'll put some more debugging statements in the next version and see if that gets us anywhere.
It happens on any filder that contains music files.

Tivo Desktop 2.5.1 seems to work fine with it, fyi.

I'll wait for your new version, see if the debug helps

Phil
Old 12-29-2007, 10:56 AM   #1519
philhu
User Since Day ONE!

TIVO field definitions......for ratings, etc.

Here they are.....If anyone wants the entire program I had written to do tivo slices to look at how i processed the XML, I'll be glad to send it.

'color values
Global Const COLOR_BW = 1
Global Const COLOR_COLOR = 4
Global Const COLOR_COLORBW = 2
Global Const COLOR_COLORIZED = 3

'bits field definitions
Global Const BITS_CC = 1 'closed caption
Global Const BITS_Stereo = 2 'Stereo
Global Const BITS_Subtitle = 4 'Subtitle
Global Const BITS_JoinedInProgress = 8 'Joined In Progress
Global Const BITS_CableInClassroom = 16 '
Global Const BITS_SAP = 32 'Second Audio Program
Global Const BITS_Blackout = 64 '
Global Const BITS_Intercast = 128 '
Global Const BITS_ThreeD = 256 '
Global Const BITS_Repeat = 512 'Repeat
Global Const BITS_Letterbox = 1024 'Letterbox
'Global Const BITS_SexRating = 2048 'Rating Advisories S
'Global Const BITS_ViolenceRating = 4096 'AV
'Global Const BITS_LanguageRating = 8192 'AL
'Global Const BITS_DialogRating = 16334 'AD
'Global Const BITS_FvRating = 32768 'AF
Global Const BITS_SexRating = 65536 'Rating Advisories S
Global Const BITS_ViolenceRating = 131072 'AV
Global Const BITS_LanguageRating = 262144 'AL
Global Const BITS_DialogRating = 524288 'AD
Global Const BITS_FvRating = 1048576 'AF

'advisories in the advisory field in the program record
Global Const ADV_Language = 1
Global Const ADV_GraphicLanguage = 2
Global Const ADV_Nudity = 3
Global Const ADV_BriefNudity = 4
Global Const ADV_GraphicViolence = 5
Global Const ADV_Violence = 6
Global Const ADV_MildViolence = 7
Global Const ADV_StrongSexualContent = 8
Global Const ADV_Rape = 9
Global Const ADV_AdultSituations = 10
Old 12-29-2007, 11:38 AM   #1520
MasterCephus

I think the best thing to do right now is make a list of the items that Tivo offers vs. the items that pyTivo can use.

I think one important thing that would be nice is ratings (TV such as TV-MA and Movie such as PG-13).
Old 12-29-2007, 12:27 PM   #1521
philhu
User Since Day ONE!

Quote:
I think the best thing to do right now is make a list of the items that Tivo offers vs. the items that pyTivo can use.

I think one important thing that would be nice is ratings (TV such as TV-MA and Movie such as PG-13).
The values I show above are the advisories. Theoretically, pyTivo can set all the fields, so it might take code in pyTivo to do it, but it can take all of them to the tivo.

The mpaa ratings and or tv ratings are in the zap2it xml files.

I gave my series file with keywords we used to use.

We need to find out what fields pyTivo can take or if extra ones can be added.

So, after we get that info, my tivobits stuff, and a slice file example I posted a bit above can probably set EVERYTHING!

Tivobits are IMPORTANT! Those are the items that show in the parens in the description. And it did show rating formats
Old 12-29-2007, 01:30 PM   #1522
MasterCephus

Quote:
The mpaa ratings and or tv ratings are in the zap2it xml files.
From what I have read, zap2it labs have closed their free service in September this year and they no longer offer developers the ability to get their data in XML format. I tried to find some other places, but you have to pay for them (Schedules Direct), XMLTV (don't know much about it, but some people I have found have complained about them.

I don't want to screen scrape because it's usually against the websites use policy and it's really just not a nice thing to do.

The only alternative we have that I know of is what I am using already (theTVdb.com and movie-xml.com). I have posted on previous pages examples of the data that I can get from those places...so that's about as good as it's going to get.

Now if someone else knows of a better place to get the data (preferably XML) let me know and I will try to use that data...
Old 12-29-2007, 03:08 PM   #1523
dlfl
Cranky old novice

How to add starRating to metadata

Quote:
wmcbrine,

Again, I can only output items that Armoo is allowing me too...does he have in pyTivo the ability to do the above items? Would it be something like: starRating : 3
mpaaRating : 3

???
starRating applies only to movies AFAIK. Anyway pyTivo will handle it if you add the following code at two places in template TvBus.tmpl:

Code:
          <showType value="$video.showType[1]">$video.showType[0]</showType>
          #if $video.starRating
          <starRating value="$video.starRating[1]">$video.starRating[0]</starRating>
          #end if
          <title>$escape($video.seriesTitle)</title>
The added code is marked in red (the other lines are there so you can tell where to add).

The line you need in the metadata text file is:

starRating : x#

Where # is a numeral from 0 to 7.

The actual number of stars you get is (# + 1)/2, e.g., for # = 7 you get four stars. The 'x' does nothing but must be there. This works similar to the tvRating as described in MasterCephus metadata notes.

Note this doesn't appear to the be the way Armooo intended this to work. From reading the code it appears a 2-tuple, e.g., (FOUR 7), is expected. However the code that reads the metadata file just reads in a string and never creates the tuple. (Or else I don't know how you format the metadata file line to make it read in as a tuple.) Thus the $video.starRating[0] is the first character of the string (e.g., 'x') and $video.starRating[1] is the second character (e.g., the #).

By serendipity, the Tivo apparently doesn't care. It ignores the 'x' and uses the # and that seems to be all it cares about, which is the same behavior noted by MasterCephus for the tvRating item. This actually simplifies things for the user since otherwise a matching tuple would have to be supplied -- you would have to know that FOUR goes with 7. If you supply a tvRating tuple that DOESN'T match such as (NR 5) or (_14 7) you blow off most of the metadata from the tivo display, the "common error" defined in the metadata notes (I learned by trial and error).

and
Old 12-29-2007, 04:18 PM   #1524
Eagle784

Sorry if this has already been covered, but can pytivo (or any add-on, or any other streaming solution) automatically convert and transfer files to the tivo, without having to go to the tivo to request it? Thanks.
Eagle784 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 05:29 PM   #1525
MasterCephus

The only problem that I see is that there is no way to convert the IMDB score to a 4 star system...

by looking at the movies i have, I am looking at numbers like 5.6, 7.8, 8.6, etc...

How would you go about converting those to a 4 star system?
Old 12-29-2007, 05:36 PM   #1526
Eagle784

Quote:
The only problem that I see is that there is no way to convert the IMDB score to a 4 star system...

by looking at the movies i have, I am looking at numbers like 5.6, 7.8, 8.6, etc...

Divide the IMDB score by 2.5 and round to the nearest half a star?
Eagle784 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 05:59 PM   #1527
rgr

Quote:

lf you do want to mod the code, here are the rules:

(x + paddings - crops) must equal desired-final-width/height, usually known as TIVO_WIDTH/TIVO_HEIGHT

x stands for w or h given in the -s wxh option. The equation is two equations, one for width, one for height, and the padding and crop sums are the ones applicable to the direction in question. The equations tell you how to adjust w or h depending on the other choices.
Thanks for the advice and the pointer on where to look to make a mod. I've modded my transcode.py so that I now see the entire video have a really thin black border around the transcoded video.

Much appreciated!
rgr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 07:15 PM   #1528
wgw

Quote:

You could multiply by 0.749 and round up or down to nearest whole number. This should ensure you always get a number between 1 and 7.

I would still like to see the IMDB rating at the end of the description though. It's more meaningful than the old four star system.
wgw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 07:18 PM   #1529
MasterCephus

Quote:
You could multiply by 0.7499 and round up or down to nearest whole number. This should ensure you always get a number between 1 and 7.

I would still like to see the IMDB rating at the end of the description though. It's more meaningful than the old four star system.
Yeah I was going to keep that at the end anyways...

Is everyone ok with doing the stars like this? If so, I will add this into the next release of the MetaGenerator...
Old 12-29-2007, 07:53 PM   #1530
hotwire32

Arrow Okay d4219 not working

Okay here is what I did, I installed 182_setup. That worked great except for the subfolders and lack of MetaData.

So I downloaded D4219 exctracted it, copied it to the pyTivo folder, and made the adjustments in the wiki tickets and now I can't see the pyTivo shares. My config.py is pretty basic am I missing stuff and that's why I'm not see in these any more?

[TiVoMovies]
type = video
path = \\linkstation1\usbdisk1\~Movies

[Server]
ffmpeg = C:\Program Files\pyTivo\plugins\video\ffmpeg_mp2.exe
auto_subshares = True
width = 544
guid = {E01E82E2-65E0-4740-B795-C1CCA3391022}
port = 9032

[Smallville]
type = video
path = \\linkstation1\usbdisk1\Smallville