TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 12-20-2007, 03:17 PM   #1411
Proxima

Ok, I tried it

Ok, here is my situation. I'm trying this, but it doesn't seem to be working. I see it on my TIVO, I select the file, and even the MPEG files fail. I've tried WMV, then the MPEG, and then a MOV. The MPEG started to go but it was playing fast and audio choppy. WMV and MOV's just fail.

My Settings are:

Quote:
[Server]
port=9032
ffmpeg=c:\pyTivo\plugins\video\ffmpeg_mp2.exe

#debug=false

# Audio bit-rate, default 192K
# Video bit-rate, default 4096K

#Beacon broadcast address(es)
#Typically use 255.255.255.255 but on some multihomed machines you may
#need to specify the subnet broadcast address(es) of your Tivo boxes
beacon=255.255.255.255

#Output Pixel Width: if you have an HDTV you might want to try 720 or 704
#Valid: 720, 704, 544, 480, 352

#Per tivo options
# section named _tivo_TSN with the tsn in all caps
[_tivo_540000NOTTACHANCE]

#If you want to use 16:9 or 4:3 on this tivo
aspect169=true
#width=1440
#height=480
audio_br=320K
video_br=12Mi
ffmpeg_prams=-i %(in_file)s -vcodec mpeg2video -r 29.97 -b %(video_br)s -maxrate %(max_video_br)s -bufsize %(buff_size)s %(aspect_ratio)s -comment pyTivo.py -ac 2 -ab %(audio_br)s -ar 44100 -f vob -

[MyMovies]
#Type can be either 'video' or 'music'
type=video
#Path is the full path to your files (No trailing slash needed)
path=c:\users\joe\videos
Example of my error log:
Quote:
192.168.0.102 - - [19/Dec/2007 06:59:32] "GET /MyMovies/401_Bloopers.wmv HTTP/1.1" 200 -
----------------------------------------
Exception happened during processing of request from ('192.168.0.102', 1243)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Python25\lib\SocketServer.py", line 464, in process_request_thread
self.finish_request(request, client_address)
File "C:\Python25\lib\SocketServer.py", line 254, in finish_request
self.RequestHandlerClass(request, client_address, self)
File "C:\Python25\lib\SocketServer.py", line 522, in __init__
self.handle()
File "C:\Python25\lib\BaseHTTPServer.py", line 316, in handle
self.handle_one_request()
File "C:\Python25\lib\BaseHTTPServer.py", line 310, in handle_one_request
method()
File "C:\pytivo\httpserver.py", line 36, in do_GET
plugin.SendFile(self, container, name)
File "C:\pytivo\plugins\video\video.py", line 36, in SendFile
transcode.output_video(container['path'] + path[len(name)+1:], handler.wfile, tsn)
File "C:\pytivo\plugins\video\transcode.py", line 44, in output_video
transcode(inFile, outFile, tsn)
File "C:\pytivo\plugins\video\transcode.py", line 55, in transcode
cmd_string = Config.getFFMPEGTemplate(tsn) % settings
KeyError: 'in_file'
I have a Series 2 Tivo
Toshiba 50" HDTV Compatible 4:3 Rear Projector
HP Computer Running (god help me) Vista
Proxima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 03:38 PM   #1412
reneg

Quote:
Originally Posted by naclone View Post
question for you metadata folks.

do you think there would be any way to force a seriesID on a program that is already in NPL? Or is the only way to transfer it with a corresponding text file via pytivo?

i hate the idea of having to transfer all my programs with TTG and then send them all back with pytivo and hope that no quality gets lost in translation. not to mention the time it would take.
I don't know of a way to change the metadata on files that are still on the Tivo. I'm not saying it can't be done, but my guess is that it would require tinkering by folks that frequent the Tivo Underground forum.

Quality should not be lost on files recorded on the Tivo and transferred back but as you pointed out, it does take time to transfer the files.
reneg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 06:45 PM   #1413
dlfl
Cranky old novice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proxima View Post
Ok, here is my situation. I'm trying this, but it doesn't seem to be working. I see it on my TIVO, I select the file, and even the MPEG files fail. I've tried WMV, then the MPEG, and then a MOV. The MPEG started to go but it was playing fast and audio choppy. WMV and MOV's just fail.

My Settings are:

Example of my error log:

I have a Series 2 Tivo
Toshiba 50" HDTV Compatible 4:3 Rear Projector
HP Computer Running (god help me) Vista
This one has been good for a number of posts: The -i %(in_file)s should be removed from the ffmpeg_prams config line. I assume you have your actual TSN in the per-tivo section heading? (Otherwise that section will have no effect.) If you don't have an active ffmpeg_prams line it defaults to a built-in one. Unfortunately in at least one version the default one also had the same error. I would recommend getting the latest version with d4219... in the download name.

Also, you have an extremely high bitrate for the format that is configured. You have not specified a width or height so it falls back to the default which is 544x480. (The '#' sign comments out a line so it might as well not be there.) The 12 Mi bitrate is 3 or 4 times too large for that format.

That bitrate would be more appropriate for encoding to 1440x720. If you comment out the bitrate it will default to 4096k which is good for the default format or you might want to try 720x480. since you have a large screen.

"It must be swell to be so perfect and odor-free" -- Del Griffith

VideoReDo users: Try
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

pyTivo users: Try
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and
dlfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 07:55 PM   #1414
Proxima

Still not working. On the TIVO it says the file was larger than expected or corrupted. This is from the log:
Quote:
Exception happened during processing of request from ('192.168.0.102', 2173)
self.handle()
method()
File "C:\pytivo\httpserver.py", line 36, in do_GET
plugin.SendFile(self, container, name)
File "C:\pytivo\plugins\video\video.py", line 36, in SendFile
transcode.output_video(container['path'] + path[len(name)+1:], handler.wfile, tsn)
File "C:\pytivo\plugins\video\transcode.py", line 40, in output_video
shutil.copyfileobj(f, outFile)
File "C:\Python25\lib\shutil.py", line 24, in copyfileobj
fdst.write(buf)
File "C:\Python25\lib\socket.py", line 262, in write
self.flush()
File "C:\Python25\lib\socket.py", line 249, in flush
self._sock.sendall(buffer)
error: (10054, 'Connection reset by peer')
I changed my settings too:
Quote:
[Server]
port=9032

#debug=false

beacon=255.255.255.255

#Per tivo options

aspect169=true
width=720
height=480
audio_br=192K
video_br=4096K
ffmpeg_prams=-vcodec mpeg2video -r 29.97 -b %(video_br)s -maxrate %(max_video_br)s -bufsize %(buff_size)s %(aspect_ratio)s -comment pyTivo.py -ac 2 -ab %(audio_br)s -ar 44100 -f vob -

[MyMovies]
type=video

Last edited by Proxima : 12-20-2007 at 09:44 PM. Reason: didn't work
Old 12-21-2007, 05:56 AM   #1415
dlfl
Cranky old novice

Proxima:
What version of pyTivo? Go to the latest version if you haven't done so.
What kind of file are you trying to transfer? Have you tried more than one example?

Please confirm you have your actual TSN instead of "540000NOTTACHANCE" in the per tivo section. Otherwise your settings in that section do nothing.

For now, use the default width (544). If your series 2 is a 540 I think it may not accept some other widths.

Uncomment the debug line in the config file and try the transfer. Post the resulting debug.txt file here.

and
Old 12-21-2007, 08:06 AM   #1416
pesto126

Perhaps this is just the way things go but I had a question in regard to breaking things out by subdirectory.

Ok.. So, I have things working just fine. I have a V:\Movies folder defined and a V:\Kids Shows folder defined. Both show up on NPL and when I right arrow in, all the movies display. I wanted to create subfolders under the Kids Shows folder such as V:\Kids Shows\Dora and V:\Kids Shows\Disney. So, I did that and moved a few .avi files from the main V:\Kids Shows to the subfolders.

The problem is when I go into the Kids Shows folder in NPL, it shows the subfolders with a count of 0 (zero) and the movies are still listed in the main folder. When I go into the subfolders, the movies also appear there... Does something need to be modified to allow the movies to ONLY appear in the subfolders and not in both places? Is there a way to get the Tivo Folder to display the number of files that exist in the subfolder?

Many thx for all the help/advice... just browsing through many of the posts got me up and running with this. One item to possibly chnage, the default location for the ffmpg program is setup for UNIX.... I kept getting errors and it took me around 4 hours to figure out I needed to comment out that line and change it to the WINDOWS line.. Perhaps it should default to WINDOWS or have a mention of that in the configuration page..?
pesto126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 08:32 AM   #1417
dlfl
Cranky old novice

pesto126:
You didn't say whether you have auto_subshares set in your config file (?). This, if used, is set in each share section. Anyway try it with and without this and see if one way pleases you more. Also, what version of pyTiVo? Recommend using the latest available, the one with "d4219..." in the download file name.

and
Old 12-21-2007, 08:59 AM   #1418
pesto126

Thx.. It was set to True to so I'll set to False and give it a go... do I need to stop and restart the service in order for the new config to be used... or does it check it as it needs to so just make the edits and save the file and that's it? Thx.
Old 12-21-2007, 09:20 AM   #1419
reneg

Quote:
Originally Posted by pesto126 View Post
Thx.. It was set to True to so I'll set to False and give it a go... do I need to stop and restart the service in order for the new config to be used... or does it check it as it needs to so just make the edits and save the file and that's it? Thx.
You need to stop and restart the service.
reneg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 09:32 AM   #1420
pesto126

Bummer.. that changes things but not in the way I was looking for. When that is set to TRUE, then you get all the subdirs listed in the NPL. What I was looking for was a single directory in the NPL (ie: Kids Shows) but when I go in there, you would get many other subdirs (Disney, Dora, Diego) and you could just arrow into each to see the movies. The main Kids Shows would just list the subdirs and NO MOVIES...

I'm sure I'm doing something wrong because if you can have subdirectories under the main folder and they appear correctly on the Tivo, it seems strange that the files from the subdirectory are also appearing in the main directory and that the directory file count is wrong on the main directory screen... once you go into the subdirectory, the file list does display correctly.

Thx for all the help.. and any other ideas you might have.
Old 12-21-2007, 12:14 PM   #1421
MacerX

Getting There!

dlfl, wmcbrine,

Thanks for your help and suggestions.

Turns out that my pyTivo.conf file was a mess. I made several changes and pyTivo is running as expected now.

I could use some system implementation suggestions given your experiences.

There are two performance bottlenecks that I have come across in my configuration. A) Tivo network bandwidth. B) My Server ffmpeg transcode rate.

Regarding A)Tivo network bandwidth; my S2's network bandwidth is sufficient to playback 544x480 video from the server in real-time with virtually no latency from program selection to playback on the Tivo and the video looks beautiful, so this is only really an issue on my S3 where I want no latency HD video playback. If my goal is to achieve higher quality video transfer with no latency from program selection to playback on the HD Tivo, it would seem that a higher video compression option taking advantage of the S3's ability to decode MPEG4 and maybe even h.264 may be the solution. 1) Is there a way to do this with ffmpeg and pyTivo directly assuming I have sufficient processing to transcode in real-time, or 2) pre-process the HD content to a higher compression format to be streamed by pyTivo to the S3 for decode?

Regarding B)Server Transcode Rate; 1) are there any hardware acceleration transcode options for ffmpeg, or 2) the ability to use an alternate CLI Transcoder that does have HW transcode acceleration with pyTivo integration?

Background: I read about ATI AVIVO MP4 and h.264 ENCODE hardware acceleration on X1300+ video cards, but have not actually tried this since my server has an nvidia 7600GT card right now. The nvidia cards only support DECODE acceleration right now as far as I can tell.

Also what kind of transcode performance improvements do people see running -Threads 2 on dual core processors? Anyone with a quad core, is -Threads 4 supported by ffmpeg?

I may build a new server if I can get everything running as I woud like. Quad-core with + ATI encode acceration seems like Nirvana???

Thank you,
DB
MacerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 12:51 PM   #1422
Proxima

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlfl View Post
Proxima:
What version of pyTivo? Go to the latest version if you haven't done so.
What kind of file are you trying to transfer? Have you tried more than one example?

Please confirm you have your actual TSN instead of "540000NOTTACHANCE" in the per tivo section. Otherwise your settings in that section do nothing.

For now, use the default width (544). If your series 2 is a 540 I think it may not accept some other widths.

Uncomment the debug line in the config file and try the transfer. Post the resulting debug.txt file here.
I didn't want to publish my TSN - so yes I have the actual one on my computer.

My version is 208.

I'll upgrade and try 544 resolution when I get home from work

I've tried WMV, MPG, and MOV

Thanks for the help

Last edited by Proxima : 12-21-2007 at 01:00 PM.
Old 12-21-2007, 01:21 PM   #1423
willp2

Movies transfer into different groups with same name

Hello, I did try searching for this first, but have come up empty. I just setup pyTivo to transfer to my TivoHD. I am successfully able to connect to pyTivo and transfer files to the Tivo which is fantastic.

When the videos are transferred to the Tivo, they are stored in a group called “movies”. Unfortunately each show seems to drop into a separate group with the same name. So at the moment I have 3 separate “movies” groups for each of the shows I’ve transferred.

Is there a way to control this behavior?

Thanks!
willp2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 01:41 PM   #1424
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacerX View Post
If my goal is to achieve higher quality video transfer with no latency from program selection to playback on the HD Tivo, it would seem that a higher video compression option taking advantage of the S3's ability to decode MPEG4 and maybe even h.264 may be the solution.
At present, the S3's ability to decode MPEG4 is purely theoretical. TTBOMK, no one has made this work yet. I don't think Tivo, Inc. has enabled software support for the MPEG4 hardware they've built in.
wmcbrine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 02:26 PM   #1425
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by willp2 View Post
Hello, I did try searching for this first, but have come up empty. I just setup pyTivo to transfer to my TivoHD. I am successfully able to connect to pyTivo and transfer files to the Tivo which is fantastic.

When the videos are transferred to the Tivo, they are stored in a group called “movies”. Unfortunately each show seems to drop into a separate group with the same name. So at the moment I have 3 separate “movies” groups for each of the shows I’ve transferred.

Is there a way to control this behavior?

Thanks!
I think dlfl's one-line patch may fix this : LINK
PaulS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 03:00 PM   #1426
willp2

Quote:
Using version d4219..., for files that don't have metadata text files paired with them, the name displayed on the NPL is the subfolder containing the file, which is nondescript and confusing. All you have to do to get the actual video file name to display is replace line 105 in video.py with:
Code:
        metadata['seriesTitle'] = metadata['title']
This will not change the NPL display for files that have metadata text files paired with them.
I'm trying it now, but that looks like it did the trick.

Thanks!
willp2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 03:54 PM   #1427
pesto126

Any help or ideas for this question? Trying to group subdirs under a main dir and just want to see the subdirs under the main on the NPL.. so:

NPL
--> Movies
--> Disney (1)
--> Lion King.avi
--> Dora (1)
--> Dora - Ice Cream.avi

Right now.. I get
NPL
--> Movies
--> Disney (0)
--> Lion King.avi
--> Dora (0)
--> Dora - Ice Cream.avi
--> Lion King.avi
--> Ice Cream

So, I get all the subdirs and movies from those subdirs in the main Dir.. I only want to see the subdirs and not all the content in the main dir. Also, the file count next to the subdir is always 0 even though I have movies in there. Thx.

Quote:
Bummer.. that changes things but not
in the way I was looking for. When that is set to TRUE, then you get all the subdirs listed in the NPL. What I was looking for was a single directory in the NPL (ie: Kids Shows) but when I go in there, you would get many other subdirs (Disney, Dora, Diego) and you could just arrow into each to see the movies. The main Kids Shows would just list the subdirs and NO MOVIES...

I'm sure I'm doing something wrong because if you can have subdirectories under the main folder and they appear correctly on the Tivo, it seems strange that the files from the subdirectory are also appearing in the main directory and that the directory file count is wrong on the main directory screen... once you go into the subdirectory, the file list does display correctly.

Thx for all the help.. and any other ideas you might have.

Old 12-21-2007, 06:32 PM   #1428
PaulS

Subfolders are busted. There has been plenty of discussion on this thread about it. Bottom line, it's busted on the TiVo side of things, and there isn't anything pyTivo can do to fix it at the moment.

The best option available right now is specify a top-level folder, and set "auto_subshares=true". This will share all of the folders that are ONE level beneath the main share. You can not navigate any deeper in the directory tree.

For the given example below, you could do this with a small configuration change :

Code:
[Movies]
type=video
path=c:\Movies
auto_subshares=true
This would present the following in your NPL :

Movies-Disney (folder contains LionKing.avi)
Movies-Dora (folder contains IceCream.avi)
Movies (any FILES that are in c:\Movies will be seen here)

Quote:
Any help or ideas for this question? Trying to group subdirs under a main dir and just want to see the subdirs under the main on the NPL.. so:

NPL
--> Movies
--> Disney (1)
--> Lion King.avi
--> Dora (1)
--> Dora - Ice Cream.avi

Right now.. I get
NPL
--> Movies
--> Disney (0)
--> Lion King.avi
--> Dora (0)
--> Dora - Ice Cream.avi
--> Lion King.avi
--> Ice Cream

So, I get all the subdirs and movies from those subdirs in the main Dir.. I only want to see the subdirs and not all the content in the main dir. Also, the file count next to the subdir is always 0 even though I have movies in there. Thx.

Old 12-21-2007, 06:56 PM   #1429
willdolla

cannot edit the pytivo.conf.dist file how do u edit it it says windows cannot edit it
willdolla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 07:52 PM   #1430
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

Quote:
Originally Posted by willdolla View Post
cannot edit the pytivo.conf.dist file how do u edit it it says windows cannot edit it
First of all, you don't. pyTivo.conf.dist is just an example file. You should be working on pyTivo.conf. You can copy or rename pyTivo.conf.dist to that, although I'd recommend starting fresh.

Secondly, it's just a text file. You edit it like any text file. Just don't save it with a ".txt" extension, or pyTivo won't find it. Or you can use pyTivoConfigurator.py, but that doesn't give you full control.
wmcbrine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 08:42 PM   #1431
Enrique

TC CLUB MEMBER
I am running pyTivo_182_setup.exe, But I see there is a update for PyTivo on 09-Dec-2007 but no .exe yet is there going to be one? If not how do I upgrade Pytivo?
Enrique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 09:17 PM   #1432
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enrique View Post
I am running pyTivo_182_setup.exe, But I see there is a update for PyTivo on 09-Dec-2007 but no .exe yet is there going to be one? If not how do I upgrade Pytivo?
Probably won't be an .exe, but you never know what armooo might throw out there for us to play with.

Download the latest version, and unzip it. Set up your pytivo.conf file, and then follow the instructions in the README file about how to install it as a Windows service.

Here is my current pytivo.conf file, for use with my Series3 :

Code:
[Server]
Port=9044
GUID=314257
debug=true
aspect169=true
audio_br=384K
ffmpeg=j:\pyTivo-2007-12-09\ffmpeg.11143\ffmpeg_mp2.exe
ffmpeg_prams=-vcodec mpeg2video -maxrate 17Mi -qscale 1.2 -async 48000 -bufsize 1024k -comment pyTivo.py -acodec ac3 -ab %(audio_br)s -ar 48000 -f vob -

[Videos]
type=video
path=c:\Videos
auto_subshares=true

Your pytivo.conf file will be different if you're using it with a Series2. Probably something more like this :

Code:
[Server]
Port=9044
GUID=314257
debug=true
audio_br=192K
video_br=5Mi
width=544
height=480
ffmpeg=j:\pyTivo-2007-12-09\ffmpeg.11143\ffmpeg_mp2.exe

[Videos]
type=video
path=c:\Videos
auto_subshares=true

Make sure you use paths that are correct for YOUR installation.
Old 12-21-2007, 09:23 PM   #1433
Proxima

OK
Quote:
[Server]
port=9032

debug=true

beacon=255.255.255.255

#Per tivo options

aspect169=true
width=544
height=480
audio_br=192K
video_br=4096K
ffmpeg_prams=-vcodec mpeg2video -r 29.97 -b %(video_br)s -maxrate %(max_video_br)s -bufsize %(buff_size)s %(aspect_ratio)s -comment pyTivo.py -ac 2 -ab %(audio_br)s -ar 44100 -f vob -

[MyMovies]
type=video
Still failed...and now groups all into "videos" on my playing now. NO DEBUG.TXT file was created.

Quote:
192.168.0.102 - - [21/Dec/2007 21:51:20] "GET /TiVoConnect?Command=TVBusQuery&Container=MyMovies&File=Easte r%20at%20Franks.mpg HTTP/1.1" 200 -
192.168.0.102 - - [21/Dec/2007 21:51:43] "GET /MyMovies/Easter%20at%20Franks.mpg HTTP/1.1" 200 -
192.168.0.102 - - [21/Dec/2007 21:52:43] "GET /TiVoConnect?Command=QueryContainer&Container=MyMovies&SortOr der=!CaptureDate&ItemCount=8&AnchorItem=1745386&AnchorOffset =-6&Filter=x-tivo-container%2Ftivo-videos,x-tivo-container%2Ffolder,video%2Fx-tivo-mpeg,video%2F* HTTP/1.1" 200 -
192.168.0.102 - - [21/Dec/2007 21:52:52] "GET /TiVoConnect?Command=QueryContainer&Container=MyMovies&SortOr der=!CaptureDate&ItemCount=-8&Filter=x-tivo-container%2Ftivo-videos,x-tivo-container%2Ffolder,video%2Fx-tivo-mpeg,video%2F* HTTP/1.1" 200 -
192.168.0.102 - - [21/Dec/2007 21:53:10] "GET /TiVoConnect?Command=QueryContainer&Container=%2F HTTP/1.0" 200 -
192.168.0.102 - - [21/Dec/2007 21:53:50] "GET /TiVoConnect?Command=QueryContainer&Container=%2F HTTP/1.0" 200 -
192.168.0.102 - - [21/Dec/2007 21:54:08] "GET /TiVoConnect?Command=QueryContainer&Container=%2F HTTP/1.0" 200 -
192.168.0.102 - - [21/Dec/2007 21:54:52] "GET /TiVoConnect?Command=QueryContainer&Container=%2F HTTP/1.0" 200 -
Exception happened during processing of request from ('192.168.0.102', 2651)
self.handle()
method()
File "C:\pytivo\httpserver.py", line 38, in do_GET
plugin.send_file(self, container, name)
File "C:\pytivo\plugins\video\video.py", line 39, in send_file
File "C:\pytivo\plugins\video\transcode.py", line 40, in output_video
shutil.copyfileobj(f, outFile)
File "C:\Python25\lib\shutil.py", line 24, in copyfileobj
fdst.write(buf)
File "C:\Python25\lib\socket.py", line 262, in write
self.flush()
File "C:\Python25\lib\socket.py", line 249, in flush
self._sock.sendall(buffer)
error: (10054, 'Connection reset by peer')
192.168.0.102 - - [21/Dec/2007 22:07:31] "GET /TiVoConnect?Command=QueryContainer&Container=%2F HTTP/1.0" 200 -
version d4219......
Old 12-21-2007, 10:31 PM   #1434
dlfl
Cranky old novice

Proxima:
Did you look in c:\pyTivo for the debug.txt file? Don't see how it could not be there.
I looks like you were sending a mpeg2 that was just being transferred, not transcoded, because pyTivo thought it was TiVo-compatible. And it looks like the TiVo dumped the network socket. Did some of the file transfer or did it stop immediately?

What model number is your TiVo (does it start with 240, 540, 649 or ?).

Put "Easter at Franks.mpg" into the ffmpeg folder, start a command window logged to that folder, and enter

ffmpeg_mp2 -i "Easter at Franks.mpg"

Post a copy of the output that appears. Parsing this output is how pyTiVo gets info. If for some reason the correct duration isn't being detected by ffmpeg, that might explain your problems.

Do you have Desktop? If so are you able to transfer files to the TiVo using it?

and
Old 12-21-2007, 11:19 PM   #1435
Sicklybutsexy

Just wanted to give a 'shout-out' to all who have worked on this project. The new metagenerator is awesome. I do have a question about grouping. I have two shows both with the same series ID but when I transfer them over to the Tivo they don't group in a folder? I thought they should. Another one (sorry for being naive) what is the best way to find a "line" when editing a file in pyTivo, such as line 141---I'm thinking notepad is not the way to go? thanks.
Sicklybutsexy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2007, 07:36 AM   #1436
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sicklybutsexy View Post
Just wanted to give a 'shout-out' to all who have worked on this project. The new metagenerator is awesome. I do have a question about grouping. I have two shows both with the same series ID but when I transfer them over to the Tivo they don't group in a folder? I thought they should. Another one (sorry for being naive) what is the best way to find a "line" when editing a file in pyTivo, such as line 141---I'm thinking notepad is not the way to go? thanks.
At home, I use Notepad++ as a text editor. It will display what line number you're on, or you can go directly to a line number.
Old 12-22-2007, 07:38 AM   #1437
dlfl
Cranky old novice

Quote:
........... what is the best way to find a "line" when editing a file in pyTivo, such as line 141---I'm thinking notepad is not the way to go? thanks.
Notepad will find a line number (with ctrl-G) IF you don't have word wrap turned on.
BUT notepad isn't good for editing pyTivo source files because they have Linux style line endings which Notepad doesn't handle correctly.

Wordpad handles the pyTivo files OK BUT it doesn't have a line number finding feature that I can see.

I'm trying a free "notepad-replacement" text editor called *** Metapad *** . It finds line numbers with Ctrl-G and works whether word-wrap is on or not, and handles the Linux line endings.

Metapad supposedly can be installed so it completely replaces Notepad but I am not recommending that. You can also just unzip the contents of the distribution file into any folder (e.g. c:\program files\metapad\). Then you can point a desktop shortcut to metapad.exe and/or right click on any text file and select Open With then browse to metapad.exe. After doing that once, the next time you right click on a text file and select open with, MetaPad will be offered as a menu selection. (You can also make it the default text editor if you wish, so text files will open in metaPad just by double-clicking.)

and
Old 12-22-2007, 07:40 AM   #1438
Proxima

Yes I do have desktop...it failed too...hmmmm.
Any way
Quote:
C:\pytivo\plugins\video>ffmpeg_mp2 -i "Easter at Franks.mpg"
FFmpeg version SVN-r8047, Copyright (c) 2000-2007 Fabrice Bellard, et al.
configuration: --enable-gpl --enable-pp --enable-swscaler --enable-pthreads --
enable-liba52 --enable-avisynth --enable-libdts --enable-libfaac --enable-libfaa
d --enable-libgsm --enable-libmp3lame --enable-libnut --enable-libogg --enable-l
ibtheora --enable-libvorbis --enable-x264 --enable-xvid --enable-amr_nb --enable
-amr_wb --cpu=i686 --enable-memalign-hack --extra-ldflags=-static
libavutil version: 49.3.0
libavcodec version: 51.34.0
libavformat version: 51.10.0
built on Feb 21 2007 23:20:24, gcc: 4.3.0 20070126 (experimental)
Input #0, mpeg, from 'Easter at Franks.mpg':
Duration: 00:17:20.5, start: 0.377811, bitrate: 5353 kb/s
Stream #0.0[0x1e0]: Video: mpeg2video, yuv420p, 720x480, 5120 kb/s, 29.97 fps(
r)
Stream #0.1[0x1c0]: Audio: mp2, 44100 Hz, stereo, 128 kb/s
Tivo model starts with 540
Old 12-22-2007, 07:51 AM   #1439
dlfl
Cranky old novice

Quote:
....... I do have a question about grouping. I have two shows both with the same series ID but when I transfer them over to the Tivo they don't group in a folder? ........
First, no insult intended but you do have grouping turned on in your NPL, correct? This toggles with the "2" numeric key on the peanut when you are viewing NPL.

Beyond that, my impression is that we don't fully understand the exact conditions that must be met for grouping. We pretty well know that identical seriesID is necessary but it's not clear that it's sufficient. (??)

If an OP believes they know the rules, please post!

and
Old 12-22-2007, 07:57 AM   #1440
Sicklybutsexy

Quote:
First, no insult intended but you do have grouping turned on in your NPL, correct? This toggles with the "2" numeric key on the peanut when you are viewing NPL.

Beyond that, my impression is that we don't fully understand the exact conditions that must be met for grouping. We pretty well know that identical seriesID is necessary but it's not clear that it's sufficient. (??)

If an OP believes they know the rules, please post!

No insult taken. But yes, I do have grouping enabled as all my other shows that were recorded with the tivo are in their appropriate folders. Maybe it's just that particular show. dlfl, you don't know the best way to edit pyTivo by line do you? thanks.
Sicklybutsexy is offline   Reply With Quote