Old 11-08-2007, 08:10 PM   #2611
Lord Vader
Dark Lord ofthe Sith

Yes, Zipper works fine with 6.3e.
Old 11-09-2007, 11:39 AM   #2612
sandpj

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredfillis
It has been awhile since I first tweak'ed. Last night I decided to download the latest version.

Now, Tivoweb is not working. I can start it, but if I click on NPL, this is what I get

Code:
action_nowshowing '' ''
can't read "::multi_delete": no such variable
    while executing
"if {$::multi_delete} {
set nstype 6
} else {
set nstype 0
}"
    (procedure "MOD::action_nowshowing" line 5)
    invoked from within
"$cmd $p1 $p2 $p3"
    (procedure "do_action" line 19)
    invoked from within
"do_action $action $chan $part $env 1"
Can you clarify how you fixed this issue? I have the same issue since the recent upgrade.
sandpj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 04:35 PM   #2613
incog-neato
ObamaGuy

I had a couple problems with 6.3e/HR10. For 1, if you answer yes to ADD CHANNEL LOGOS it totally locks up (rbautch confirmed this but I'm not sure if it has been fixed yet) and the other problem was the TiVoweb wouldn't install. Ultimately I installed both of those items manually.
Quote:
Originally Posted by daleykd
I just want to verify that I read this right:

If I had an HR10-250 at 6.3c (Zippered), let it upgrade to 6.3e via the phone line and DirecTV upgraded it, I lost my hacked TiVo.

Now, can I use the Zipper again (with rbautch scripts) on 6.3e? Does the Zipper work ok with 6.3e?

Thanks.

incog-neato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 10:47 AM   #2614
MurrayW
Murray

When I was running tweak.sh I had a typo when trying to name my HR10-250 at the customize bash prompt step. I tried using the backspace key and the delete key to correct my mistake, but these keys just added some giberish to the end of my already erroneous name.

I have 2 questions:

1. In general, when you are using linix scripts, how can you backspace to correct an error in an entry?

2. It's not a big deal to run the enhancement script over again, but if I can save a few minutes, I'd prefer to just run the portion that customizes your bash prompt. Is that EASY to do? I am sure that it is possible, but if it takes more time than it would to re-run the entire script, I would rather just re-run the full script -- can you tell I am lazy!

thanks,
Murray
MurrayW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 12:29 PM   #2615
katiebear00

Quote:
Originally Posted by MurrayW View Post
When I was running tweak.sh I had a typo when trying to name my HR10-250 at the customize bash prompt step. I tried using the backspace key and the delete key to correct my mistake, but these keys just added some giberish to the end of my already erroneous name.

I have 2 questions:

1. In general, when you are using linix scripts, how can you backspace to correct an error in an entry?

2. It's not a big deal to run the enhancement script over again, but if I can save a few minutes, I'd prefer to just run the portion that customizes your bash prompt. Is that EASY to do? I am sure that it is possible, but if it takes more time than it would to re-run the entire script, I would rather just re-run the full script -- can you tell I am lazy!

thanks,
Murray
Don't rerun the script, just edit the /.profile file with the correct name for the bash prompt.
katiebear00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 11:05 PM   #2616
Lopey

I can't seem to find the twp config file. Were is it put?

Last edited by Lopey : 11-14-2007 at 12:19 PM.
Lopey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 01:11 PM   #2617
bhang

sa1 support for tweak.sh

sorry if its been asked, but I couldn't find it, can this be run on an SA1?

bhang
bhang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 04:23 PM   #2618
Da Goon
Registered Abuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhang View Post
sorry if its been asked, but I couldn't find it, can this be run on an SA1?

bhang
There are major differences in the MFS structure of an S1 compared to an S2 as well as processor differences (PPC vs MIPS), so .tcl scripts and binaries aren't backwards compatible. So my best guess would be no, this script won't work. I'm sure it'll run (or try to) since I assume it's a shell script (which is portable) but I'd heavily advise against doing so.
Da Goon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 08:41 PM   #2619
eschuckmer

Restart TWP from cron?

I have a Hughes HDVR2 running 6.3e and have been having some problems with TivoWebPlus. Even though the lines are in my author script to start TWP, many times when I try to access TWP through a browser it comes back with the "connection timed out" message. I can get TWP to perform correctly by running the alias twprs that was installed by tweak.sh. But I would love for TWP to remain up for longer than it does.

I know that tweak.sh used to install a cron entry to automatically restart TivoWebPlus every night at 3AM. However, it now seems that this step is no longer done. Is there any reason, in particular, that this was removed? Would there be any problem with creating a cron entry to do this myself?

BTW, I've been hacking this Tivo from back in the Sleeper days, and did all my hacking previously without this wonderful script, so I have a pretty good understanding of how things work. I never used to have this problem with TWP periodically becoming unavailable. I understand it may have to do with 6.3e but was wondering if anyone has any ideas.

Thanks.
eschuckmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 08:23 PM   #2620
rbautch
User

Earlier versions of TWP were a bit flaky, and required periodic restarts to get some features working. The current version of TWP is more stable and reliable, so I removed the cron entries. There's no problem with creating a cron entry that periodically starts or restarts TWP.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
or
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

rbautch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 04:42 PM   #2621
bhang

twp "resource not found"

I used the sapper disk I got made today on my sa2, and it seemed to work fine but when I go to my.tivo.ip(192.168.1.104) I get the "you just installed networking, blahblahblah" I changed the port in tivoweb.cfg to 8080, when I go to my.tivo.ip/:8080 I get "resource not found"

I tried twprs, it said it was restarting but I didnt see the usual stuff that shows up on the screen when its loading.

I tried loading with "twp" but I get another http server found, exiting to stop reboot loop, or sumthing like that

I used "ps ax" but I don't see tivoweb listed

it seems like everything else is working, I just read a thread about "adding logos" killing TWP? is this my prob? can I fix it without re SAppering?

telnet, ftp work fine

thanks

bhang

edit:

tried twprs, still "resource not found"
tried starting tivoweb via /TivoWebPlus/tivoweb console
Code:
Warning: An http server was already running
-<SERIES_2>- {Wed Nov 28 -01:00am}-TiVo
/# Starting TWP pid=1604
TivoWebPlus - series_2 - v2.0.0 (2.0.0 (oztivo-070205))
The program comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY.
This program is licensed under the GPL.
See the 'docs/copyright' and 'docs/index.html' files
for copyright and credit information.
PoolSize=2916352
Loading libs...
btutils
html
http
index
rec
sendkey
ui
util
-running init_channelList--- completed in 0 seconds
-running init_logoindex--- completed in 0 seconds
-running init_sp_cache--- completed in 0 seconds
rss_util
Loading modules...
-Registered backup
-Registered channelgrid
-Registered channelprefs
-Registered confresManual
-Registered folders
-Registered gallery
-Registered gdchecker
-Registered higuide
-Registered info
-Registered logos
-Registered logs
-Registered mail
-Registered manrec
-Registered mfs
-Registered mrv
-Registered netconfig
-Registered reorder
-Registered rowformat
-Registered rss
-Registered sysadmin
-Registered theme
-Registered channellist
-Registered deletedshows
-Registered history
-Registered nowshowing
-Registered search
-Registered seasonpass
-Registered wishlists
-Registered todo
-Registered todo/1
-Registered todo/2
-Registered update
-Registered whatson
couldn't open socket: address already in use
while executing
"socket -server ::session $::conf(Port)"
invoked from within
"set ::sock [socket -server ::session $::conf(Port)]"
(file "/TivoWebPlus/load.tcl" line 582)
invoked from within
"source $source_dir/load.tcl"
(procedure "load" line 4)
invoked from within
"load 0"
(file "/TivoWebPlus/httpd-tt.tcl" line 31)
Starting TWP pid=1621
TivoWebPlus - series_2 - v2.0.0 (2.0.0 (oztivo-070205))
The program comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY.
This program is licensed under the GPL.
See the 'docs/copyright' and 'docs/index.html' files
for copyright and credit information.
PoolSize=2916352
Loading libs...
btutils
html
http
index
rec
sendkey
ui
util
-running init_channelList--- completed in 0 seconds
-running init_logoindex--- completed in 0 seconds
-running init_sp_cache--- completed in 0 seconds
rss_util
Loading modules...
-Registered backup
-Registered channelgrid
-Registered channelprefs
-Registered confresManual
-Registered folders
-Registered gallery
-Registered gdchecker
-Registered higuide
-Registered info
-Registered logos
-Registered logs
-Registered mail
-Registered manrec
-Registered mfs
-Registered mrv
-Registered netconfig
-Registered reorder
-Registered rowformat
-Registered rss
-Registered sysadmin
-Registered theme
-Registered channellist
-Registered deletedshows
-Registered history
-Registered nowshowing
-Registered search
-Registered seasonpass
-Registered wishlists
-Registered todo
-Registered todo/1
-Registered todo/2
-Registered update
-Registered whatson
couldn't open socket: address already in use
while executing
"socket -server ::session $::conf(Port)"
invoked from within
"set ::sock [socket -server ::session $::conf(Port)]"
(file "/TivoWebPlus/load.tcl" line 582)
invoked from within
"source $source_dir/load.tcl"
(procedure "load" line 4)
invoked from within
"load 0"
(file "/TivoWebPlus/httpd-tt.tcl" line 31)
Error: The last session did not complete successfully
       Exiting to prevent possible reboot loop
did ps -ef | grep tivoweb
Code:
root      1570     1  0 00:59 ttyp0    S      0:00 /bin/bash /TivoWebPlus/tivoweb restart
root      1641   592  0 01:01 ttyp0    S+     0:00 grep tivoweb
so it seems to be running but I cant connect, Im wondering if its theme related? I dunno I'm grabbing at straws, Ive read thru alot of this post but Ill keep looking, searches have gotten me nowhere...

edit:
I just did the tweak uninstall then ran tweak.sh again but said no to installing logos, so of course I dont have any chan logos and I changed the twp http port to 8080(since the tivo uses 80 for the "you installed networking, blahblah) and I still get the resource not found error...

what am I doing wrong, Im trying to read the whole 88 pages but Im not finding much on this problem, which leads me to believe its user error on my end.... ANYBODY?

Ok I reran tweak.sh to get my logos back, I then changed my tivoweb port to 8080 in all 3 copies of tivoweb.cfg but I still get "resource not found", I've tried everything I can think of, Im no linux guru but Im not a total noob either, maybe I should start my own thread, on this...ATM, I need an advil and a power-nap, Ive spent ~3 hours today and maybe 2 yesterday, I want to try re installing, but after the script im not sure about where to put it or the symlink thing, so I gotta read up before I try that...

Last edited by bhang : 11-28-2007 at 12:08 PM. Reason: tried sumthin else...Tried some more stuff
Old 11-28-2007, 01:02 PM   #2622
bhang

All I can get is resource not found, my question is can I just use the "normal" install instructions for tivowebplus? I'm looking to try the 2.1 beta

thanks for anyhelp anybody has,

bhang
Old 11-28-2007, 05:28 PM   #2623
paris5

Sure, you can install TWP anyway you want. The enhancement script just copies TWP to your root directory and puts a line in the author file to start it when your tivo boots. Try connecting to TWP from a different PC, and confirm you don't have any firewalls on your PC blocking access. If you still have trouble, try posting in the TWP thread.

Last edited by paris5 : 11-28-2007 at 05:34 PM.
paris5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 06:10 PM   #2624
bhang

Quote:
Originally Posted by paris5 View Post
Sure, you can install TWP anyway you want. The enhancement script just copies TWP to your root directory and puts a line in the author file to start it when your tivo boots. Try connecting to TWP from a different PC, and confirm you don't have any firewalls on your PC blocking access. If you still have trouble, try posting in the TWP thread.
ok, so I have twp installed and its running I just cant connect, I can however connect to another sa1 tivo on my network, if I install twp again, I will have to re run the tweak.sh to get it moved to the new location, correct me if im wrong but this is how i understand it..

ok, so im headed to the twp thread with this problem, but on the 3rd rerunning of tweak.sh I got another problem it didnt happen on the first 3 installs, but when I telnet in I get this before the first prompt then I dont see it again till I re open a telnet session...***FIXED 9:25pm est***

Code:
declare -x DEBUG_BOARD="false"
declare -x DEBUG_INTERFACE_NAME="none"
declare -x EMERGENCY_REINSTALL="0"
declare -x HDA_ID="F1GT7W8E"
declare -x HDB_ID="S01CJ10Y913033"
declare -x HOME="/"
declare -x HOSTNAME="(none)"
declare -x HOSTTYPE="i686"
declare -x IrdSerialNumber="538269F6"
declare -x LD_LIBRARY_PATH="/lib"
declare -x MACHTYPE="i686-pc-linux-gnu"
declare -x MFS_DEVICE="/dev/hda10"
declare -x MODEM_DEVICE="/dev/cua1"
declare -x MODEM_REV="F"
declare -x MODEM_TYPE="Si2433"
declare -x OSTYPE="linux-gnu"
declare -x PATH="./:.:/utils:/bin:/sbin:/tvbin:/tivobin:/busybox:/enhancements"
declare -x PROMVERSION="

TiVo p0 version 1.18"
declare -x PWD="/var/tmp"
declare -x SHELL="/bin/sh"
declare -x SHLVL="3"
declare -x SerialNumber="2400000808269F6"
declare -x SwSystem="9.1.L5-01-2"
declare -x TERM="xterm"
declare -x TIVO_REMOTE="TIVO"
declare -x TIVO_ROOT=""
declare -x TV_STD="NTSC"
declare -x dsscon="true"
declare -x hpk_implementation="Series2"
declare -x internal_drive="hda hdb"
declare -x primary_drive="hda"
declare -x root="/dev/hda7"
declare -x upgradesoftware="false"
declare -x varpartition="/dev/hda9"
what the heck is it and why is it happening this time and not the others?
**FIXED** I dont know what or why but re tweaking seemes to have fixed it, the resource not found & time difference still screwed up.

sorry to keep asking such dumb questions, but there ain;t to many tivo resources around.

bhang

edit:
this may be part of my problem, the time on my tivo(guide) is 5 hours different than the time my shell shows(on the same box) [ie its now 7.39eastern dalight savings, the shell says 00:39am UTC] I ttried setting the shell date and TZ, but that throws the tivo time off..?

Last edited by bhang : 11-28-2007 at 08:26 PM.
Old 12-09-2007, 01:27 PM   #2625
Lord Vader
Dark Lord ofthe Sith

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbautch View Post
The latest version of the script now has patch locations for 6.3e. Since the the script is usually run right after running the Zipper, it expects to find a /zipper_flag file before it will patch your tivoapp. So if you choose to run the script strictly to patch your tivoapp, run this command first to create the flag:
Code:
 touch /zipper_flag
Russ,

Does the latest version also have patches for 6.2a? I've got a couple old DTIVOs on 4.01b that I'm going to redo with 6.2a and was wondering if I'd have to apply all these patches or if your latest version has all them for 6.2a as well.
Old 12-09-2007, 02:53 PM   #2626
HellFish
I can dress myself.

The zipper instructions advise you to download a specific superpatch if you have 6.2a. I believe you need to download the file from stonersmurf's post.
Old 12-09-2007, 03:01 PM   #2627
Lord Vader
Dark Lord ofthe Sith

Yeah, that was included when I created the Zipper tools CD. I was just wondering whether the additional patches referenced above were included with Russ's tweak.sh script.
Old 12-10-2007, 04:19 PM   #2628
Lord Vader
Dark Lord ofthe Sith

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Goon View Post
Looks like a bad tivoapp patch. Remove any calls to ncid from your startup scripts. If you've got serial bash, use "sz" to grab your kernel log and post it as an attachment. It will provide more info and will much easier to read. If you're getting bash started early enough, try using skill -9 rc.sysinit, if that halts the startup, it may give you time to fix things or troubleshoot before tivoapp starts.
Well, here we go again, dang it!

I imaged a new drive with 6.2a, Zippered it, then found out that rbautch's tweak doesn't have the encryption and 30-second skip patches, so I applied those manually. So I reboot, and what happens? It hangs again at the TIVO unleashed splash screen!

Just what the heck is causing this, and why does this keep happening? It's irritating to say the least. Now I've got to take the darn box apart again!
Old 12-10-2007, 05:20 PM   #2629
HellFish
I can dress myself.

At the end of October, I used the Zipper v4.1 with the superpatch specially designed for 6.2a by stonersmurf I referenced yesterday, and it work flawlessly.

The superpatch has all those patches, so if you are using the Zipper, the tweak script does not need to have it. It calls the superpatch.

edit: obviously this is for a dtivo using 6.2a

Last edited by HellFish : 12-10-2007 at 05:26 PM.
HellFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 05:36 PM   #2630
Lord Vader
Dark Lord ofthe Sith

Well, apparently it's not using Superpatch properly, because after I Zipper the drive and run tweak.sh, which is part of the whole process of imaging with 6.2a then Zippering the drive, the 30-second skip function, among other patches, aren't working. This is where I'm rather puzzled. If Zipper is supposed to include and run superpatch, why don't the superpatches actually work?
Old 12-10-2007, 05:43 PM   #2631
HellFish
I can dress myself.

It doesn't natively include any superpatch, you have to download the correct one. To make things easier for you, don't even download superpatch-67all-1.2 (We're playing tag)

edit: on the zipper page it has a photo of what you're folder should look like before burning to CD. instead of having Superpatch v1.5, you should have superpatch-6.2a.tcl in the folder. DO NOT have any other version of superpatch in the folder.
Old 12-10-2007, 05:45 PM   #2632
Lord Vader
Dark Lord ofthe Sith

I think I've got it figured out. Check my question re. set_mrv_name, though. Now here's another question: if I wish to use bufferhack41.tcl, should I do that after all the superpatch stuff?
Old 12-10-2007, 05:48 PM   #2633
HellFish
I can dress myself.

Yes, install bufferhack after you get this working. Except use the version in my signature, not the regular bufferhack41.tcl. And make sure you read my edit above.
Old 12-10-2007, 05:50 PM   #2634
Lord Vader
Dark Lord ofthe Sith

Well, I know I do it after Zipper; I just wanted to know if I do it before superpatch62a or after superpatch62a is run.
Old 12-10-2007, 05:58 PM   #2635
HellFish
I can dress myself.

Do tweak.sh (which will run superpatch62a) as soon as you turn on the tivo after Zippering it.

I don't even know if the superpatch will work if you do bufferhack first (I think superpatch needs to be run on a clean tivoapp, and bufferhack modifies the tivoapp file).
Old 12-10-2007, 06:02 PM   #2636
Lord Vader
Dark Lord ofthe Sith

That's what I did before: I Zippered, then ran tweak.sh, but noticed the patches weren't present, so I manually applied them, which is what led to the booting up hanging at the splash screen.
Old 12-10-2007, 06:17 PM   #2637
rbautch
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Vader View Post
That's what I did before: I Zippered, then ran tweak.sh, but noticed the patches weren't present, so I manually applied them, which is what led to the booting up hanging at the splash screen.
Instead of manually applying patches, which is prone to error, try manually running superpatch.

or

rbautch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 06:32 PM   #2638
Lord Vader
Dark Lord ofthe Sith

Russ, I think I did it right now. (This would be much easier if I didn't do these things like once every few months--I get stale doing that!)

I Zippered, ran tweak, then after rebooting the unit, I ran superpatch.tcl. After that, I THEN ran bufferhack and rebooted. Everything now seems OK. (Crossing my fingers...)

One thing I do notice, however, is that superpatch created a tivoapp backup called "tivoapp.original" then bufferhack created its own tivoapp backup called "tivoapp.bufferhack.backup". Is it safe to delete via the "rm" command one of those backups? Basically I want to make sure if I do delete one, upon reboot the thing doesn't get stuck again at the splash screen.
Old 12-11-2007, 03:00 PM   #2639
CrashHD
I am the me.

you can delete them, after rebooting. If you delete them without a reboot between the time they're created and the time you delete them, it results in orphaned inodes, and you loose that much usable drive space from your root partition.

The short explanation is that when tivoapp.original or tivoapp.bufferhack.backup are created, they are still the in-use tivoapp until the system is rebooted, and deleting an in-use file is what causes that problem.

What you do with those backup files is a matter of personal preference. I gzip my tivoapp.original, and delete the bufferhack backup.
Old 12-11-2007, 03:09 PM   #2640
Lord Vader
Dark Lord ofthe Sith

That was probably my problem from the beginning. Dummy me should have remembered that.