TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Underground Playground > TiVo Underground
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 03-13-2007, 11:38 AM   #181
Lord Vader
Dark Lord ofthe Sith

I know it may sound unbelievable, but it works. Everything shows the correct time and everything records on time. All my HDVR2s and HR10-250s that have not been upgraded to 6.2a or 6.3c respectively are as good as they were before. I don't know if what I did in the settings/DST/time zone/DST section was the cause of this, but I'm sure not complaining.
Old 03-13-2007, 11:45 AM   #182
BTUx9
back?

OH! I wasn't aware you changed the timezone settings... yes, that explains it (the miracle becomes mundane)

if you want to do things that way, it SHOULD work reasonably well, but the times on older recordings will be inaccurate (in NPL/recording history/etc.). Same will be true of TWP (once it is patched). (not even sure if TWP will correctly pick up the modified setting)
BTUx9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 09:52 PM   #183
Lord Vader
Dark Lord ofthe Sith

With thanks to Joe C for clarifying how to properly unzip twice the loopset file, I was able to finally properly ftp and unzip the right 6.2 files to my HDVR2 that was still at 4.01b. In following Joe's instructions to dbload the files into MFS, however, I get this response whenever I attempt to do this:

InitializeProgramOrDie failed: 0x190001

Any idea what's causing this?
Old 03-14-2007, 02:42 AM   #184
tbeckner
TiVo Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTUx9
OH! I wasn't aware you changed the timezone settings... yes, that explains it (the miracle becomes mundane)

if you want to do things that way, it SHOULD work reasonably well, but the times on older recordings will be inaccurate (in NPL/recording history/etc.). Same will be true of TWP (once it is patched). (not even sure if TWP will correctly pick up the modified setting)
I 6.2a'd one machine and set the TIME ZONE (Pacific -> Mountain NO DST) on the other four 6.2 machines and everything was correct on the four, including TWP after reboots, and manual recordings auto adjusted after the reboot. I ended doing the same on the 6.2a machine, because TWP was off after the 6.2a upgrade and reboot, so I set the 6.2a machine's TIME ZONE as the same as the other four and rebooted, and all of the times in TWP are now correct on the 6.2a machine.

BTW, thanks so very much for the 6.2a upgrade.

Do take note. I didn't have any problems with MRV on the 6.2 machines, but I had a problem getting the 6.2a machine to work on the first transfer. To get it to work I had to record a program first. It just refused to transfer would just keep displaying the WAIT panel. There hasn't been any problems since, but I found that a MINOR quirk, although I was wondering if I was going to have to pull the drive.

As I said above, I am waiting to punch 6.2a unto the other four machines, until the NEW DRM situation in 6.2a gets resolved. Earl hinted that the DRM was upgraded/modified to limit our rights in 6.2a, and I really don't want to get caught up in an AUTO DELETE, LIMITED RECORDING, or LIMITED PLAYBACK situation with 6.2a on my other machines.
(3) Hughes HDVR2 6.2
(2) Hughes SD-DVR80 6.2
(2) Buggy HR24 6/25/2011
DirecTV 10/94

Last edited by tbeckner : 03-14-2007 at 02:47 AM.
tbeckner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 08:29 AM   #185
dmkuehn

Has anyone encountered freezing/rebooting issues with the 6.2a upgrade? My modified Samsung 4120 has been sick ever since DirecTV pushed the software patch to this unit. All other units with 6.2a work fine. Any suggestions as to possible solutions? (already suggested master HD is failing, huh what are the chances this would happen right after the upgrade!?)

Samsung SIR-4120 upgraded to 247 hrs 2nd drive, continued ill behavior after 6.2a update
Samsung SIR-4120 stock works fine after 6.2a update
Phillips 708 stock works fine after 6.2a update
Sony SAT T60 over 200 hrs 2nd drive works fine 3.5b update
DirecTV R-10 stock 6.1a works fine though has been glitchy on occasion
DirecTV R-15 argh! strangely enough working fine go figure
DirecTV D10,D11 tuners
Sony SVr-2000 3.0 software lifetime sub an estate sale miracle
Sony SVr-2000 with faulty HD or software glitch

Last edited by dmkuehn : 03-14-2007 at 08:30 AM. Reason: spelling
dmkuehn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 04:23 PM   #186
klaroby

Sounds like your hard drive may have some bad sectors on it. I had this problem with one of my units. I had a problem before but only with hanging after a reboot. After the 6.2a upgrade it started random reboots. I pulled the drive and checked it and found I had several bad sectors. I think the upgrade must have written some system software to a bad sector. I tried to repair the drive using SpinRite and the drive wound up with a hardware failure. I bought a new drive, imaged it with 6.2, upgraded to 6.2a and now everything is working flawlessly.
klaroby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 10:59 PM   #187
luder

Anyone know where D put the 6.2a updates

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

luder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 10:59 PM   #188
Lord Vader
Dark Lord ofthe Sith

In MFS.
Old 06-12-2007, 09:39 PM   #189
bitmap

Quote:
Originally Posted by HenryNettles
I am following allowing with [...]The 62 slices upgrade guide at dellanave.

The problem is that I need the file:

62_dtivo_slices_fixed.zip

The direct link is in the wrong format, and the torrent gets to 37.9%
downloaded, and hangs up. I have tried this 3 times, with the same
result. Google is of no help, although it can find the file name
without the "fixed". That is, a search for "62_dtivo_slices"
does find references.

Can anyone help me get a copy of "62_dtivo_slices_fixed.zip" ?
The original tracker is usually dead lately, at least for me.
Use a BT client that does DHT and/or lets you add additional trackers,
add [Hotel] [Tango] [Tango] [Papa] ://tracker.prq.to/announce

I've been re-seeding off and on for about two months now.

(sorry about the URL, apparently I don't post for a few years, and I'm a classified as a newbie again)

Last edited by bitmap : 06-12-2007 at 09:57 PM.
bitmap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 05:11 PM   #190
Lord Vader
Dark Lord ofthe Sith

Quote:
Originally Posted by stonersmurf View Post
Your correct, what I was saying is for people that applied the first version that I released. The newer version has changes that require you to restore your original 6.2a tivoapp then apply the update superpatch for 6.2a. Sorry for the confusion.
I'm still a bit confused, stoner. If I apply 6.2a using Instantcake, then Zipper and tweak.sh the drive, which version of superpatch do I run?
Old 12-10-2007, 05:39 PM   #191
HellFish
I can dress myself.

Since I know you're using the Zipper, if you read the Zipper main page, it has the following sentence with a link:

Quote:
If you are running 6.2a software, replace the superpatch with the updated version here.
Use that link to download the correct superpatch (superpatch-6.2a.tcl)

Regarding the quote you got from stonersmurf, he is saying superpatch should only be run on unmodified tivoapps.

So, if you are using the Zipper, then do tweak.sh with the correct superpatch (hint: the post it is attached to was created on 02/24/07, and is called 6.2a superpatch) you should not encounter any problems.

Good luck.

edit: for those reading this at a later date, we're playing tag

Last edited by HellFish : 12-10-2007 at 05:55 PM.
HellFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 05:42 PM   #192
Lord Vader
Dark Lord ofthe Sith

OK, thanks for clearing up my confusion. I think.

BTW, what about Set_mrv_name? Do I need to worry about that?
Old 12-10-2007, 05:46 PM   #193
BTUx9
back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Vader View Post
I'm still a bit confused, stoner. If I apply 6.2a using Instantcake, then Zipper and tweak.sh the drive, which version of superpatch do I run?
if you're trying to go from 6.2 to 6.2a, there are a few good alternatives to reinstalling (search for a thread I started for one of the easier ones)
BTUx9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 05:47 PM   #194
Lord Vader
Dark Lord ofthe Sith

Actually I went from 4.01b to 6.2a. Nothing was really on the drive, so I just reimaged it.