TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Help Center
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 06-26-2007, 12:13 PM   #1
PHCarwell

New Samsung SMT-H3050 IR codes and sensors?

Just received this new box from Time Warner Manhattan and none of the Samsung codes work, nor is it clear where the IR sensors are located. Tivo support was not very helpful, saying the new machines weren't in their matrix yet. The morass of getting info out of Time Warner is not encouraging.

Has anyone succesfully figured out the IR codes and where the sensor(s) for this new model are?

Many thanks
PHCarwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 05:55 PM   #2
mvecera

solution: Tivo Second Tier Support is Great!

I have the exact same issue.

Leave the manufacturer of the box set to SAMSUNG but use code 00018. Its not fast, even when using the "-A" variety, but it works great. I think the lag is normal for digital cable. I'm just not used to it yet.

I called Tivo support, got escalated to the tier-two folks, and after trying just about everything else, she suggested trying 00018 out of nowhere. I was completely stunned to find out it works.

I was getting desperate, too. Time Warner Cable would not let me have my analog cable box back, and the only digital box they offered was the SMT-H3050. Naturally, they offered to give me their crappy DVR; but who wants that if you have Tivo?

Matthew
mvecera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 03:29 PM   #3
Dimarc67

Just exchanged my Scientific Atlanta 2300 for the Samsung SMT-H3050 (Time Warner Cable in Manhattan), and ran into the same problem of TiVo being unable to change channels on the box.

Is the process of entering the aformentioned 00018 code simple, i.e., as simple as entering a code into the remote? What is the procedure?

Thanks.

David
New York, NY
Dimarc67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 03:48 PM   #4
mvecera

Walk through the screens

I can't do a step-by-step, you'll see it on your screen just fine.

Messages & Settings : Settings : Channels : Channel Changing

Don't do the wizard, do the advanced setup. Pick the Samsung and follow along for adding the code. You'll see it. Also, specifying that the "channel changing" uses "000" does speed things up. For example, changing to channel 2 is "0002".

Tivo support can walk you through it if you get confused.

Matthew
mvecera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 07:32 AM   #5
allyn77

The 00018 code, which I learned from posting on this forum, worked for me. That was back in August, so it's a little disconcerting that the new boxes aren't on their matrix yet.

The other thing you should consider is asking Time Warner to switch you to a Scientific Atlanta box. I had a lot of problems with my Samsung box, and the Time Warner technician was here yesterday. He switched me to a Scientific Atlanta box, saying that they have been having a lot of problems with the Samsungs, which are a new product.
allyn77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 08:33 PM   #6
ebrill

Is there an Update to this post?

I am still using 0018 code for the remotre- is there a better one yet.
ebrill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 07:39 PM   #7
robstercraw

the work-around on this is simple, select "Scientific Atlanta" as your cable box brand, not Samsung, and it works like a charm. also be sure to select the four-digit channel changing.
robstercraw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 09:31 PM   #8
skeedle

Smile Thanks!

you saved the night with that Scientific Atlantic work around!!
skeedle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 09:29 PM   #9
jgoldner

thanks!

This post saved me hours of customer service wait time. the scientific atlanta trick works great on the samsung SMT-H3050. Time Warner / Tivo customers take note!!

jgoldner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 04:34 PM   #10
BabySeal

Thanks for the Scientific Atlanta tip!IR Code 00048-B just worked for me
BabySeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 05:46 PM   #11
wldtrav

Samsung SMT-H3050: Use Scientific Atlanta IR Code

Its Jan 2011, and the code Tivo still gives you (00018) does NOT work, at least here in NYC.

Scientific Atlanta Code 00048-B does work. You must get to the Tivo settings page that allows you to manually chose this code. Go to Tivo Help follow the trouble shooting guide for IR connectors.

What a ridiculous waste of time all this is.
wldtrav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 09:54 PM   #12
LilStevieNYC

Samsung SMT-H3050 on Time Warner Manhattan

Set up channel changing for Pioneer. This works fine with my Samsung SMT-H3050 cable box on Time Warner in Manhattan. Go figure.

TWC has recently pushed software updates onto their cable boxes. My guess is they are standardizing all cable boxes to work with one kind of remote.
LilStevieNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 06:32 PM   #13
slyone

Samsung 32xx? box using 10014-B slow but works!
a bunch of S2ST's retired
slyone is offline   Reply With Quote