TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 11-03-2007, 04:42 PM   #4171
pl1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mweidin
Comcast is telling me that there is a monthly charge of $1 for a cable card. Has anyone else been told this ?
It's different region by region. Where I am, in the NE, it is free for the first one and $2.75 A/O (Additional Outlet) for each subsequent cableCARD if you have the digital tier.
pl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 11:56 PM   #4172
cikk

I live in Albuquerque and my cable provider is comcast, I'm using 2 scientific atlanta cablecards model number PKM600 and I've had nothing but nightmares dealing with them to get my cablecards properlly installed. They've sent over 6 technicians in the past week and a half. The first time 3 came and they had me insert the card cause he didn't want to be responsible if it broke and when I went outside to have a cigarette he inserted the 2nd one himself before even getting the first one authorized. Then they sat there for an hour trying to get my digital and hd stations to work since only my basic cable and local hd ones were working. They were getting off work since it was the end of the day and the smartest one decided to leave first and at the end I was left with the guy that had never even done a cablecard before. So he tells me he'll schedule another appointment for tomorrow morning. I'm like whatever as long as it gets done tomorrow so I can watch the first day of the basketball season in HD. So another technician comes the next day he complains about the cablecards and how they never work, he then swaps them out for some new ones, the same thing happens. He says he'll bring more cablecards tomorrow and try them. And the same thing just repeats again and again for the next 3 technicians that come out. Supposedly the next one was one of there top technicians yet he did less then the previous ones and just talked to his department using some code words that only they understand and then gave up and told me there was nothing they could do. And finally today the last technician came and sounded extremely rude and said he'd come back but he never did so I sat there from 10am to 6pm waiting for nothing. So finally I got fed up and spent a few hours reading on the internet about possible solutions and called comcast's 1-800 number a couple times and told them what could be wrong since they were absolutly clueless. The first time I asked if theres codes that allow me to view the digital and hd channels were right, they werent, the guy supposedly fixed them, and it still didnt work. I called again to see if they could do a clean reset and check if there was a firmware upgrade, she said she'd do it, it still didnt work. Then I decided to just reset my entire tivo box and redo everything myself and follow the instructions unlike the 6 technicians that came out. Then I called comcast to see if they'd re-input the serial number for my cablecards and the host id's. She tells me there already in there system, so I ask her to check if the information is right. I tell her the serial number on the back of my cablecard, she tells me it's not right, and tells me what she has, but she tells me the host id instead of the number on my cablecard. Then she keeps insiting that thats the right number and that everything looks fine on her end. So I ask her what kind of card it is that I have. She tells me it's an SCard. I ask her if she could get me an MCard and she puts me on hold for half an hour to check if there available in my area. Eventually my calls forwarded to the sales department in my area. The guy said he didnt have any SCards or MCards and that they only have CCards, which I've yet to read anything about on here so it sounds completely wrong. He puts me on hold, comes back and tells me it's an MCard. So now I don't even know what kind of card they gave me, and then he tells me he talked to his supervisor and there was nothing more they could do and that the cards arent compatible with my TiVoHD and that I should just get one of there DVRs which I laughed at and told them NO and hung up. I'd switch to verizon fios in a heartbeat if it was available in my area since I've heard nothing but good reviews on it, but since it's not I'd really hate to have to return my tivo, I've fallen in love with the tivotogo feature using it on my iphone. So with all that being said, is there anything else I could possibly do to get my cablecards to work?

I forgot to add this. On the pairing screen all I see is CableCARD(tm), and HOST ID:, but no DATA ID. and it says "Waiting for CP Auth"

Last edited by cikk : 11-04-2007 at 12:41 AM.
cikk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 03:17 AM   #4173
jlib
Lean Forward

Quote:
Originally Posted by pl1
Take a look at this link "Troubleshooting CableCARD Activation and Channel Issues".
Nice! It is about time TiVo came up with that info. Thanks very much for the tip...
Old 11-04-2007, 08:16 AM   #4174
pl1

Quote:
Originally Posted by cikk
I forgot to add this. On the pairing screen all I see is CableCARD(tm), and HOST ID:, but no DATA ID. and it says "Waiting for CP Auth"
That is odd. I'm still not 100% sure what generates the DATA ID. A Comcast tech supervisor at my house yesterday insists that Comcast sends the DATA ID. But, reading up on the cableCARD process, it appears that the cableCARD being inserted into the TiVo creates the DATA ID. So, I would call TiVo on that. Forget telling them all of the other stuff, just tell them that you are not getting a DATA ID on your TiVo. Proceed from there. Plus, I called TiVo when I was having a cableCARD problem. They have set up a HOTLINE 1-866-986-8486. They told me that if you have an installer on site to call that number and they will help the technician.
Old 11-04-2007, 09:24 AM   #4175
kgt12

Quote:

Wow, your story is similar to mine. It has been a nightmare trying to get these things to work. I don't understand how Tivo stays in business.

As for your Data ID, my comcast install didn't require that number. They needed 3 numbers - the 8 or 9 digit code on the back of the cablecards (mine all started in PK), the Host ID and the Cable Card ID. That's it.

I have 1 working Tivo HD and 1 non working Tivo HD. The problems on the non working are very similar to what you have described. 1 of the tuners appears to work fine, but the other only gets the standard SD and HD channels. At times, it will pick up the others, say Discovery HD, but will freeze on the picture within 2 seconds.

I'm probably going to switch to Fios, but I'm not counting on too much more than what I got from Comcast...

Good luck.
kgt12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 01:33 PM   #4176
cikk

ok so I called TiVo today and explained to them that I don't believe comcast even knows what there doing and I got transfered to a higher up and he 3 way called comcast. The comcast guy sounded ignorant and couldn't understand what the TiVo guy was saying. He said he'd have to send another technician out on Tuesday if I wanted to try to re-pair the cards cause supposedly he wasn't able to do it himself over the phone. I demanded that the tech that comes on tuesday speak to tivo when he arrives to make sure its done right. He says its up to the tech and i tell him no he will be speaking to them since its obvious they are doing something wrong since they arent trained well enough to know how to pair my cablecards. After speaking to the TiVo tech its pretty clear that if the cards aren't paired correctly, the cable company can send the cards a million hits but theres no way the cards will even get one of them. I'm starting to doubt comcast even wants my cablecards to work and rather just lose me as a customer which is fine with me since it won't be too hard to find a better and cheaper alternative.
Old 11-04-2007, 01:53 PM   #4177
pl1

Quote:
After speaking to the TiVo tech its pretty clear that if the cards aren't paired correctly, the cable company can send the cards a million hits but theres no way the cards will even get one of them. I'm starting to doubt comcast even wants my cablecards to work and rather just lose me as a customer which is fine with me since it won't be too hard to find a better and cheaper alternative.
True enough. The Comcast CSR's think that all they have to do is send a hit and it magically fixes it. One CSR told me "That's the way it's suppose to work." They do not know what pairing is, they will not forward you to the cableCARD area, and they can't do anything but send a hit.

CableCARDs require two distinctive authorizations. One is the CPMS (COPY PROTECTION MANAGEMENT SYSTEM) and the other is the DAC (Digital Addressable Controller). If the cableCARD is not correct in both areas and synchronized, it will only pass through free and clear, unencrypted channels. Usually mostly local. (That is not true with all cableco's and maybe not all of Comcast, but it is definitley true where I live in the N.E.)

Cable Operator Deployment of CableCARD/Host Technology
http://broadband.motorola.com/catalo...per_sept03.pdf
Old 11-04-2007, 02:40 PM   #4178
bareyb
Under Maintenance

TC CLUB MEMBER
Does anyone know if SHOHD or HBOHD have changed to a different channel? I'm not getting any guide data for these channels on my usual channel. It's said "To be announced" for three days now. I only get guide data for the East Coast feed it seems, however when I attempt to tune into those channels they come up as "unavailable" since I don't subscribe to them. What's the best way to fix this? Do I need to call Comcast or TiVo"?

Anyone know the best way to fix this problem? Anyone else having guide problems?
Old 11-04-2007, 04:29 PM   #4179
gconnery

Comcast in Petaluma. Just got a Tivo HD. M-Card install. Nice guy, had done one other cablecard install. Brought a bunch of cards with him. Seemed to know the menus and such. First card didn't go well, just sitting at the "acquiring channels" screen for over half-an-hour. Reset from Comcast. Reboot the box. Nothing. Oddly, he hadn't taken any particular care with the numbers over the phone. Would seem like just repeating them back would produce fewer errors. Anyway, finally gave up, installed a different card, called and got a different tech and were more careful the second time, and boom, done in like 5 minutes. Can't guarantee it wasn't a bad card, but I'm guessing a bad number somewhere in there on the first one. Now working fine.
gconnery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 04:42 PM   #4180
silypuddy

Quote:
...I forgot to add this. On the pairing screen all I see is CableCARD(tm), and HOST ID:, but no DATA ID. and it says "Waiting for CP Auth"
It looks like you have Scientific Atlanta cards. I have those and don't have a data id. I have a serial # on the back of the card and a host id that I get via the Tivo. The Comcast techs here just needed those two numbers.

From the message you posted, the card has not been properly auth'ed. Instead of calling, if you have comcast internet, use the online chat to talk to a rep. You can get them to tell you what serial # and host # they have in their system. It sounds like they have it flipped and you just got to get them to change it and re-hit your cards.

Good luck...
Old 11-04-2007, 05:40 PM   #4181
pl1

Quote:
On the pairing screen all I see is CableCARD(tm), and HOST ID:, but no DATA ID. and it says "Waiting for CP Auth"
Quote:
Originally Posted by silypuddy
It looks like you have Scientific Atlanta cards. I have those and don't have a data id. I have a serial # on the back of the card and a host id that I get via the Tivo. The Comcast techs here just needed those two numbers.

From the message you posted, the card has not been properly auth'ed.
I was just reading the TiVo cableCARD FAQ on the SA cards. It says :

Quote:
Cannot View Copy-Protected Channels

For a CableCARD to display programming on copy-protected channels, the CableCARD must be paired, and it must also be subscribed to the channel. "Pairing" associates the CableCARD with the slot in which it is activated, and prevents the card from decoding copy-protected channels when installed in any other slot (or other host such as a TV).

The Auth Status field on the CP Information screen shows if the CableCARD is paired. Waiting for CP Auth means the CableCARD is unpaired; CP Auth Received, means the the card is paired.

The following examples show error conditions and a properly paired and authorized CableCARD.

Old 11-04-2007, 06:03 PM   #4182
pninen

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlib
You don't have to pay the $8, either. Bogus! .
Can you give me some magic words to say on the phone to convince the next Comcast operator I talk with about that? Last one swore I had to pay $8/mo for "HD", in addition to the cablecard fee.
pninen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 08:42 PM   #4183
cikk

does anyone know if the cablecard pairing process is done the same way for a TiVo as it would be for a tv? I'm trying to understand how it could be so complicated for them to get it right.
Old 11-04-2007, 09:26 PM   #4184
robingo88

Anyone have any recent "good" experience in San Jose (Comcast)? Got my new S3 last monday and Comcast sent out two techs friday morning... they plugged both cards in at the same time (i know... i know... they weren't in the mood to listen to a girl) did the nextel walkie thing, checked a couple of local channels and left... as they were pulling out of the driveway the tivo threw an error for cable card 2... i called the office and they tried to 'reauthorize' but no luck, so they sent the technician back... he came at the end of the day and swapped out the card in slot 2... did the nextel thing and i got some errors, but this time i got HBO so he left... after guided setup i found that i couldn't get any cinemax channels or showtime channels, so i called again... it looked to me (from the stuff i've read here) that card 2 is authorized but not paired... i gave the women on the phone the proper info to re-pair and she said she'd send a signal... the next morning no good, so i called again (sat) and asked to specifically re-pair... the csr said they were sending the re-pairing signal but it wasn't working, so they needed to roll a tech, again... today the tech showed up to say that he was told they had a batch of 'bad cards' and he didn't have any with him... i asked him to do the nextel thing and ask for a reinitialize (not reauthorize) and they tried... it blanked all the channels on card 2 and when it came back up i had most, but not showtime or cinemax channels... they're going to send a tech again (4th time) on tuesday but now it feels like they're just guessing...

did the fact that the original jokers plugged both cards in at the same time (initially) screw up the tivo, even though cable card 1 seems to be working perfectly?

should i have them install two new cards, one at a time?

any advice? drugs? strong drink?

many thanks... reading this board helps me to understand i'm not alone in this

cheers
r
robingo88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 10:10 PM   #4185
teca123

cable card, and more...

well, here in the stocktcon, california area it was free for the first card, and about $2 for the second, per month.

that said... when the installer came out he'd never seen a tivo before. kept asking where the second tv was that needed the 2nd cable card. I basically walked him through the install process by reading from the tivo instructions...

first card did not even register with the hd tivo box, 2nd card tried in slot 1 got the expected response from the tivo. He insisted on installing the 2nd card before the first was fully working. He then called in to get them activated. waited around for an hour while the folks 'back at the office' did there thing. After an hour he said it was all done and that the service would start up soon. he then left. 30 minutes later no service.

I then went to check my email while i waited for 'real soon' to occur. my cable modem was dead... and i only got the standard comcast welcome on my browser telling me i needed to install the software to set up by cable service... mind you i've had this service for 5 years, and it was working 90 minutes ago.

Call comcast... 'gee, your modem has been totally reset'...

... and mind you, the cable cards are still not working...

the comcast guy on the phone was actually the only intelligent person i'd talked to so far at comcast. he finally get's the cable cards to work after 20 minutes on the phone. we had almost given up and he was scheduling another tech to come out when all of a sudden the first, and then 2 card started to work. evidently it took over 10 minutes for the last thing he tried to work it's way through the system...

he then , forwarded me to the internet folks... and they (after 15 minutes) fixed my cable modem problem... so i thought.

Now... the hd tivo works beautifully. love it. hate comcast.

all this started friday. enjoyed the tivo saturday and sunday.

wife tries to pull her email down on sunday night, first time using it since friday morning... Her email account no longer exists... i log on to find out it's been de-activated. actually wiped out clean, as i can't even re-activate it. When i try to re-add it, comcast complains that the account name is in use, please choose another name... yes, it's in use by us! but you've wiped it! geez!

my wife calls comcast... at this point i can't talk to these folks anymore... they re-activate her email account... and then proceed to tell us that we deleted it, not them. never mind all the issues we had with them resetting our internet 2 days ago, or that neither of us had logged on since...

my tivo loves me. but i have no love for comcast.
teca123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 12:45 AM   #4186
jlib
Lean Forward

Quote:
does anyone know if the cablecard pairing process is done the same way for a TiVo as it would be for a tv? I'm trying to understand how it could be so complicated for them to get it right.
Yes, they have just as many problems with them in TVs but since few if any TVs are made with Cable Card slots these days, a Cable Card installation in a TV set is very, very rare (hence the inexperience and Cable Card incompetence of most cable techs).
Old 11-05-2007, 12:58 AM   #4187
jlib
Lean Forward

Quote:
Originally Posted by robingo88
...did the fact that the original jokers plugged both cards in at the same time (initially) screw up the tivo, even though cable card 1 seems to be working perfectly?
There have been just as many failures with the one at a time method as with just shoving them in. One probably ought to follow the TiVO instructions just to be sure, especially if problems are already manifest. If I were installing dual cable cards as a job with a time schedule and other places to go I would insert one, wait for the MMI screen to pop up, copy down the information, verify that information, insert the second card, wait for the MMI screen to pop up, copy down the information, verify that information, call in both cards at once (since the bottle neck seems to be connecting with a person on the other end capable of activating the cards), check an encrypted channel, be on my way.
Old 11-05-2007, 01:03 AM   #4188
c3
TiVoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by teca123
Her email account no longer exists...
I would recommend NOT using the email service provided by your ISP. Without that dependency, you're free to change your ISP and have more power to negotiate prices.
c3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 11:18 AM   #4189
ObviousMan

Smile

Just wanted to report my experience with CableCard install (HD Tivo) in NW Chicago suburbs (Mt. Prospect Comcast office).
Was told can only be done by a tech. Told the phone rep M-Card was needed.
The tech showed up with 3 M Cards. I asked him if he's done many of these and he said not much. I then produced Tivo instructions for installing the card and said I'd take care of it. He copied the numbers off the card, I did the same just in case (2 minutes).
After the card was in (another 2 minutes) he waited for about 25 minutes on hold to initialize the card. He gave up and called his supervisor who told him to call a different Nextel number who was supposed to be a dedicated CableCard activation tech. After trying that number for 5 minutes, he's gone on a wild goose chase trying to call anyone he could think of. After 15 minutes of that, the "dedicated CableCard tech" called him back. After 2 minutes the CableCard was active, for some reason I did not even get an error described for Motorola M cards.
I've gone over channel testing (all were fine) and let him go after about an hour, out of which any actions actually took less than 10 minutes.
OM
ObviousMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 12:07 PM   #4190
anastrophe

Comcast Rohnert Park (near petaluma and santa rosa), california. tech came out saturday, installed one M-card. looked at a few channels, they were coming in, checked the HD channels, they were coming in, so, seemed fine (i have standard cable, no premium channels, and have a comcast DVR that's going back today).

got a chance to browse around last night, and discovered that i'm only getting up through channel 35. checked online, and it seems they switched me to 'digital starter package', whatever that is. channel lineup still shows i should be getting channels beyond 35. called them up, they asked me to confirm the serial numberS of my cardS. i said i only had the one M-card. they said i need two cards to get the rest of my channels. which makes no sense to me. i told them the M-card should be all i need, they said that might be, but that they have no clue there at the office - supervisor even confirmed they know nothing about cable cards - so a tech will have to come out to install another card.

can this possibly be right? multistream is supposed to give me the two-tuner ability - it shouldn't have anything to do with getting channels over 35, right? very frustrating. glad i still have my old analog sony tivo, still running, so i can still get the other channels until this is sorted out. argh.
anastrophe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 12:23 PM   #4191
dswallow
Save the Moderatоr

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by anastrophe
Comcast Rohnert Park (near petaluma and santa rosa), california. tech came out saturday, installed one M-card. looked at a few channels, they were coming in, checked the HD channels, they were coming in, so, seemed fine (i have standard cable, no premium channels, and have a comcast DVR that's going back today).

got a chance to browse around last night, and discovered that i'm only getting up through channel 35. checked online, and it seems they switched me to 'digital starter package', whatever that is. channel lineup still shows i should be getting channels beyond 35. called them up, they asked me to confirm the serial numberS of my cardS. i said i only had the one M-card. they said i need two cards to get the rest of my channels. which makes no sense to me. i told them the M-card should be all i need, they said that might be, but that they have no clue there at the office - supervisor even confirmed they know nothing about cable cards - so a tech will have to come out to install another card.

can this possibly be right? multistream is supposed to give me the two-tuner ability - it shouldn't have anything to do with getting channels over 35, right? very frustrating. glad i still have my old analog sony tivo, still running, so i can still get the other channels until this is sorted out. argh.
As long as it's the TiVo HD and not the Series 3 unit you've got, the M-card will take care of both tuners.

In any event, that wouldn't be the cause of only receiving channels below 35; they've got something coded wrong on their authorization system. It has nothing to do with your CableCARD. Good luck convincing them of that, though.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
dswallow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 12:32 PM   #4192
anastrophe

Quote:
Originally Posted by dswallow
As long as it's the TiVo HD and not the Series 3 unit you've got, the M-card will take care of both tuners.

In any event, that wouldn't be the cause of only receiving channels below 35; they've got something coded wrong on their authorization system. It has nothing to do with your CableCARD. Good luck convincing them of that, though.
thanks much! yeah, that's what i was afraid of. sigh.
anastrophe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 05:26 PM   #4193
BurnBaby

I am having my cablecard installed on my Tivo HD. It is a M-card. Pairing, Host Id, etc has been checked but only certain channels are coming up. Comcast is telling me it sometimes take up to two hours to get all channels. Is this correct or should all channels work as soon as the install is finished?

Edit: I guess I'll report back and see if it actually works for all channels in a few hours. The tech was here for nearly 4 hours. Had never installed a cablecard on a Tivo before. Comcast just doesn't tell its techs anything before sending them out on these jobs. The people the tech was talking to at Comcast don't seem to know all that much about cablecards. The guy had put two cablecards in before I noticed. I realized after looking around to see why stuff wasn't working, he had put in one M-card and one S-card and the supervisor he was talking to didn't even know! I had him only put one card and that's when the card started tuning only certain channels. Looks like the guy had to talk to several people at Comcast before someone told him it's supposed to take a few hours to get all the channels. So it turns out he probably could've been here a few hours less because that was the status as soon as he used just one card.

Btw, this was after Comcast had told me three times on the phone that they don't carry M-cards and that they would have to use 2 S-cards.

Last edited by BurnBaby : 11-05-2007 at 06:28 PM.
BurnBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 06:53 PM   #4194
pl1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurnBaby
I am having my cablecard installed on my Tivo HD. It is a M-card. Pairing, Host Id, etc has been checked but only certain channels are coming up. Comcast is telling me it sometimes take up to two hours to get all channels. Is this correct or should all channels work as soon as the install is finished?hat they would have to use 2 S-cards.
The question is, did you get a Motorola card or a Scientific Atlanta card? For the former, it is instant. For the latter, it takes time for the channels to come in. Here is the TiVo cableCARD FAQ. (The only other reason it can take time is if you call in all of the numbers to a CSR who has to forward all the info to someone in the cableCARD division who updates the computer when they get around to it, usually within an hour. If a tech is there, he/she has bypassed the CSR.)

http://tivosupport2.instancy.com/Lau...1-d8cd0d5c0824
Old 11-05-2007, 09:29 PM   #4195
BurnBaby

Thanks for answering. It's a Motorola card.

I called Comcast. The CSR is not sure that the tech had a signal sent thru to the box and this signal needs to be sent thru in order for those other channels to work. Also, I have a special rate card on my account that is locked (has to do with a promotion that was available when I signed up for Comcast but isn't available anymore). The CSR had to unlock that rate card in order to make changes on my account and thinks that might've been the problem. That CSR told me to wait an hour for the channels to load and indeed it did take an hour but they did load this time! I finally have all my cable channels!!

So the problem was either that the tech didn't request that a signal be sent to the box (required for those other channels to load) or the rate card issue, just in case someone has similar problems.

Last edited by BurnBaby : 11-05-2007 at 09:35 PM.
BurnBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 08:51 AM   #4196
bmgoodman

Installation Steps

My local Comcast office told me that I could get 2 CableCards free, no charge for the installation, and I'd get local HD channels free as well. So I've scheduled a truck roll for Monday afternoon. I'm a bit nervous about the whole thing based on my horror stories here. Can somebody point me to a CableCard Installation FAQ? I want to have my proverbial ducks in a row when the tech arrives to make sure it is done correctly.

I went to the Tivo web site and found "Installing CableCARDs in a Series3 HD DVR", but when I click the link, I get "The page you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable." I sure hope it is just "temporarily unavailable".
bmgoodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 11:59 AM   #4197
ji0005

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObviousMan
for some reason I did not even get an error described for Motorola M cards.
I never got the error either.. and mine works fine.
ji0005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 12:15 PM   #4198
tmesser

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmgoodman
Can somebody point me to a CableCard Installation FAQ?
There's a CableCARD installation FAQ as a sticky post at the top of this forum: http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...d.php?t=363797

The installation instruction sheet that came with your TiVo should cover the installation process fine. It's also available at http://www.tivo.com/whatistivo/ccfaqs.html.

Troubleshooting: http://tivosupport2.instancy.com/HDCableCARDs.aspx
- 9/07: HD w/upgraded 1TB WD drive (sold)
- 9/06: S2DT 80-hour (retired)
- 4/03: S2 240 80-hour

Last edited by tmesser : 11-06-2007 at 12:16 PM. Reason: added link
tmesser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 12:50 PM   #4199
cikk

well its tuesday and looks like there trying to avoid coming out again, the tech called this morning said he'll talk to his supervisor about the problem im having with the cablecards, told him i doubt that'll be of any help since ive already heard from his supervisor and he's just as clueless and that they need to come over and talk to tivo on the phone while trying to install them, he told me he'll call me back in a little while. i'm pretty sure there just going to have me waiting all day with no one showing up again, so looks like i'll be going to return my tivo box tonight and cancel my cable. oh well, thanks for the help anyways.
Old 11-06-2007, 02:11 PM   #4200
david4788

I talked with a senior manager today for the Baltimore area (Howard County). She is great and is going to ensure I get the Digital Starter with the free m-card. The monthly cost should be 56.95. She also gave me the contact info for a senior tech if there are any issues.

We talked about the global problem with their CR reps having/giving false info...she apologized and would talk with the reps that had dealt with me to help educate them. I know this won't change the whole company, just maybe my little corner.

I will update when everything is us and running.
david4788 is offline   Reply With Quote