TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 10-19-2007, 07:47 AM   #61
kas25

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtchamp
Last night on my first try I got "Please Wait" for 30 seconds, so I pressed the TiVo Guy button and went back to TiVo Central and started over. Second time I got in right away. This problem of hit and miss is fairly consistant, although I think it has improved for me. This new Rhapsody feature might be the first popular HME feature that users go to everyday, so it's time to put some big bucks into the servers or whatever and make it come up instantly eveytime.
I really think it may mostly be a Tivo issue as I have similar results with weater, traffice, etc. My network is wired and works fine for Apple TV and Sonos so I think both are to blame. I am curious if your other network functions on the Tivo are just as unreliable?
kas25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 09:48 AM   #62
mtchamp

I'll have to try the other HME apps some more. I have used them in the past and I think there also was some wait time, but I hardly used them. Rhapsody is a different story. I will use Rhapsody often, everyday or everytime I turn on the TV . I'm going there because it's fun to find new songs and play whatever you want, even if it's just a couple songs at a time.

I was watching the game last night and during commercials, I was going to Rhapsody. It needs to come up as quick as possible so I can get a couple songs in while waiting to get back to the game. I also like searching around for new music to add to my library. I don't watch much live TV, but Rhapsody is one nice feature to keep me busy during commercials.
Old 10-19-2007, 09:58 AM   #63
kas25

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtchamp
I'll have to try the other HME apps some more. I have used them in the past and I think there also was some wait time, but I hardly used them. Rhapsody is a different story. I will use Rhapsody often, everyday or everytime I turn on the TV . I'm going there because it's fun to find new songs and play whatever you want, even if it's just a couple songs at a time.

I was watching the game last night and during commercials, I was going to Rhapsody. It needs to come up as quick as possible so I can get a couple songs in while waiting to get back to the game. I also like searching around for new music to add to my library. I don't watch much live TV, but Rhapsody is one nice feature to keep me busy during commercials.
I agree. I haven't concentrated on the others as well but if they have the same problem, its probably TIVO, not Rhapsody. I could care less about Weather but Rhapsody has to be reliable and quick.
Old 10-19-2007, 11:31 AM   #64
shady
We have chickens!

I had my first experience of the temporary freeze last night. The music carried on playing, but while I was browsing, nothing happened for about 30 seconds, and then suddenly all of my previous remote commands caught up and all happened at once. This happened a few times over a half hour period (around 11pm)

It reminded me of when I had a comcast dvr
Old 10-19-2007, 01:07 PM   #65
kas25

Quote:
Originally Posted by kas25
I agree. I haven't concentrated on the others as well but if they have the same problem, its probably TIVO, not Rhapsody. I could care less about Weather but Rhapsody has to be reliable and quick.
It looks like Tivo made a fix to all HME. I saw this on the Rhapsody forum today.

http://i.realone.com/product/help/rh...en/rhapweb.htm
Old 10-19-2007, 07:02 PM   #66
arex

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffmc425
Also, Rhapsody's servers were updated Wednesday night to address a couple of edge cases for playback on Tivo.

So try it tonight, and see how it runs
Rhapsody seems to come up fine (albeit with a bit of lag in accepting commands), but I still have no ability to listen to any songs. I can see all the album art I want, just no songs.=/

Hopefully I'm able to stream music again before my trial is up or I'll never be able to convince my wife to subscribe to the service (although I guess if I can't listen, there's no point subscribing anyway)!
arex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 10:18 PM   #67
jeffmc425

Could you explain what you mean by "you cannot play songs"? If you search for an artist or an album, go select a track, and add it to your queue, or select play now, it will not play?

Remember, when you select a track, you either have to add it to the queue, or select play track or play all.

Also, what Tivo type do you have? Series 3? Series 2? TivoHD?

Thanks!
jeffmc425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 10:34 PM   #68
zaknafein
Shorthanded

I've been playing around with Rhapsody on my THD for a couple days, and, so far, I have to say I really enjoy the service. I have 2 quibbles though, 1 small, 1 big. The small one: The UI is pretty durned slow to respond to remote command. The big: It crashes. I've seen numerous errors while navigating the UI. (they're long, I know there's at least one I can recreate though if anyone's interested) Twice the application has crashed completely dumping me back out to the main TiVo app with a message about an application error. Once the Rhapsody app crashed so hard it rebooted the TiVo. Not cool. These 3 major showstopper crashes have all been during playback.

At any rate, if they can work the bugs out, it appears to be a pretty worthwhile service, I'll keep trying.
zaknafein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 05:57 AM   #69
arex

Quote:
Could you explain what you mean by "you cannot play songs"? If you search for an artist or an album, go select a track, and add it to your queue, or select play now, it will not play?

Remember, when you select a track, you either have to add it to the queue, or select play track or play all.

Also, what Tivo type do you have? Series 3? Series 2? TivoHD?

Thanks!
I have no problem getting into Rhapsody. Once I get in, I have no problem viewing my saved tracks or channels. I can search for an artist, select an album and then see all the tracks. But no matter how I find a song, if I try to play the track, the album art will show up in the upper left corner but then it perpetually displays "Loading..." and the track will never play.

I have a Series 2.
Old 10-20-2007, 06:54 AM   #70
kas25

Whatever was done seemed to work. There is a 3 second pause before the "Please Wait" begins but in another 3-5 seconds Rhapsody consistently opens. Nice job. I still bet the error when I scroll to the bottom of the New Releases. Now if you can just make it easier to scroll from Artist A to Artist Z or simply list many more on one screen (like playlists) it would be nice.
Old 10-20-2007, 07:37 AM   #71
jr937

This was already on my Tivo Thursday, I didn't even know Rhapsody was coming, wasn't even familiar with the service. I've only used this 2 days but LOVE it and already have a feeling I'll subscribe after the free 30 days, something I wouldn't have guessed I would do.

Like others here, I had those delay glitches logging into Rhapsody a number of times Thursday night. I also had times when going song-to-song it got hung up, and there was a delay of 30 seconds or so until the next song started. Only used briefly Friday, and am listening to it today (Sat) and have had no problems. I find this service very user-friendly, and love all the features.

I don't buy cd's, as I found myself listening to them for a short while, then they collected dust. Wasted money. The $12/month to listen to whatever I'm in the mood for seems great to me. I don't need a cd collection, I just want to hear music that I want to hear. This seems to be perfect for a music lover like me, and I love having it on Tivo.
jr937 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 08:11 AM   #72
BarryD99

>>I have no problem getting into Rhapsody. Once I get in, I have no problem viewing my saved tracks or channels. I can search for an artist, select an album and then see all the tracks. But no matter how I find a song, if I try to play the track, the album art will show up in the upper left corner but then it perpetually displays "Loading..." and the track will never play.

I have a Series 2.>>

My problem exactly. I have two Series 2s
BarryD99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 01:49 PM   #73
TiVoPony
TiVo Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryD99
>>I have no problem getting into Rhapsody. Once I get in, I have no problem viewing my saved tracks or channels. I can search for an artist, select an album and then see all the tracks. But no matter how I find a song, if I try to play the track, the album art will show up in the upper left corner but then it perpetually displays "Loading..." and the track will never play.

I have a Series 2.>>

My problem exactly. I have two Series 2s
I'd suggest rebooting the DVR, that may clear things up for you. Let us know.

Pony
Old 10-20-2007, 06:14 PM   #74
rsohn

I have an unlimited Rhapsody account, but still through Comcast. I, too, am receiving the "Tivo application doesn't suppoted for this account" message when I try to log in. I called Rhapsody's support line, and when my issue was escalated to their Tier 2 support group, I was that Rhapsody had not yet converted their co-branded accounts (e.g. Comcast, and Best Buy) for use with Tivo. He said it would be another 1-2 weeks before the conversion is complete.

Apparently, they had under-estimated the number of Comcast-originated Rhapsody customers who are also Tivo-philes.

Meanwhile, I'll use the 30-day free trial that came through Tivo.

PS: Rhapsody offered a 1 month's credit on their service because the conversion was not completed on time.
Old 10-21-2007, 04:57 AM   #75
nrnoble

{I have not read the entire thread yet.}

I too have been a Rhapsody PC subscriber for many years and have mostly good things to say about it.

Realistically the only way to use Rhapsody on the Tivo is to set everything up using the PC, and simply use the TiVo for playback. Trying to use the TiVo interface to find artists\tracks\etc is painfully awkward\slow. On screen text entry is only meant for very simple and limited text entry.

Am I the only one who wants the option to connect a wireless keyboard for my TiVos? . At least with the HDTiVos.

Last edited by nrnoble : 10-21-2007 at 05:05 AM.
nrnoble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 04:23 PM   #76
jwehman

One thing I have noticed in my extensive use of the Rhapsody app (with an unlimited acct) is that lately (as in yesterday and today), the music will just stop, and the Wireless LAN adapter (TiVo-branded) will be blinking furiously for minutes afterwards. A reboot will restore the adapter/wireless connection. I don't know which side of things is going nutso (TiVo or Rhapsody), but something ain't right...
jwehman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 02:31 AM   #77
nrnoble

It does appear to be buggy. My S3 has crashed a few times just playing around with it.

Does sound good, but I do have a good sound system.

Because I have a Media PC also, having Rhapsody on my TiVos is likely to be rarely used. The PC version is so much easier to use.
nrnoble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 12:47 AM   #78
grblade

I've been a Rhapsody fan for years and am so excited that I can use it on my TiVo now. I have an unlimited account and have had no trouble signing in to my account on TiVo; however, I have had many of the problems others have described in this forum.

It occasionally takes a long time for the application to load, and most of the time it runs slowly. Often it stalls for a long time, or shows an error message with a lot of code on it. It has crashed several times and takes me back to TiVo Central.

When it works, it's great. I'm hoping a fix is released soon. I haven't been able to play more than a few songs in a row without a crash.
grblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 02:02 AM   #79
zuddal002

Ok ......................................
zuddal002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 11:43 AM   #80
HuskerSteve

Logging in online with TIVO trial account

I'm new to Rhapsody and I started the 30 trial on TIVO. They made it very quick and easy to get started, just accept the users agreement stuff and off you go....

The problem for me is, I want to be able to go to Rhapsody on my PC and set-up playlists and browse around, but I'm not sure how to log into my TIVO trial account on Rhapsody's website. Not sure what username/password TIVO is using to log me into Rhapsody's service. I assumed that TIVO passed my email address and password thru to Rhapsody, but that didn't work....any ideas?
HuskerSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 01:35 PM   #81
arex

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiVoPony
I'd suggest rebooting the DVR, that may clear things up for you. Let us know.

Pony
Hey, what do you know? That did the trick. I think. It now works like a charm!

(I didn't try Rhapsody before rebooting last night, so it may have been fixed before the reboot, but I guess I'll never know.)

Thanks!
Old 10-23-2007, 02:24 PM   #82
brnscofrnld
where is this place?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsohn
I called Rhapsody's support line, and when my issue was escalated to their Tier 2 support group, I was that Rhapsody had not yet converted their co-branded accounts (e.g. Comcast, and Best Buy) for use with Tivo. He said it would be another 1-2 weeks before the conversion is complete.
I subscribed with Bestbuy when I got my Sansa R about 2 weeks ago and was able to log in on the TiVo with no issues.

I might be since it was a new account vs someone who has had a subscription to the bestbuy rhapsody for a while.
brnscofrnld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 02:25 PM   #83
sstatman

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuskerSteve
The problem for me is, I want to be able to go to Rhapsody on my PC and set-up playlists and browse around, but I'm not sure how to log into my TIVO trial account on Rhapsody's website. Not sure what username/password TIVO is using to log me into Rhapsody's service. I assumed that TIVO passed my email address and password thru to Rhapsody, but that didn't work....any ideas?
Device trials are always tied directly to the device that they're on. I know that it doesn't give you the full Rhapsody "Your music everywhere!" experience, but it was a business decision. So basically, you're not going to be able to do this. Sorry.
sstatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 02:41 PM   #84
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

I tried Rhapsody for the first time last night, and I'm pretty impressed. The UI was slow, and sometimes locked up; but on the positive side, it never missed a note, even when the UI seemed dead.
wmcbrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 03:05 PM   #85
cmc850

I have a Series 2 DT and tried demo for the first time last night. Irritating, as I really like the streaming stations, and live 365 sound quality is poor and galleon streaming is buggy - but this was a nightmare. It worked for a bit, but if I navigated around, it would hang at "loading..." then kick me out to menu. I'd find at that time that my (wired) net connection was down, no online apps were active, and only a reboot would cure the problem. The tivo would fail to find the gateway til a reboot. Anybody have any ideas, or is this just the way it works (or doesn't)?
cmc850 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 04:31 PM   #86
BarryD99

>>I'd suggest rebooting the DVR, that may clear things up for you. Let us know.

Pony>>

Solved my problem of track not loading. Thanks.

The more I use the Rhapsody/Tivo interface, the more I like it. I'm looking forward to more of the bugs being fixed and some fine tuning of the interface.
BarryD99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 06:15 AM   #87
Hi8
TiVoPro - wanabe!

Rhapsody -- where is it?

I have 9.2j - and was wanting to check out the service.

I followed this ..

1. Select the Music, Photos, Products, & More menu from TiVo Central
2. Click on Rhapsody Music Service
3. Accept the 30-day free trial

can't get past step #2 it's not on the list. YES the APPs are enabled. I have a bunch of OTHER services Yahoo, Live 365 , movie Tickets, etc... no Rhapsody.

what am I missing?

(3) TiVo THX HD S3
(1) PremiereXL4 & (1) TiVo Mini
Hi8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 09:03 AM   #88
jeffmc425

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hi8
I have 9.2j - and was wanting to check out the service.

I followed this ..

1. Select the Music, Photos, Products, & More menu from TiVo Central
2. Click on Rhapsody Music Service
3. Accept the 30-day free trial

can't get past step #2 it's not on the list. YES the APPs are enabled. I have a bunch of OTHER services Yahoo, Live 365 , movie Tickets, etc... no Rhapsody.

what am I missing?
You need to sign up on the Priority page to get the app sooner. The app is being rolled out to everyone over a number of weeks. Just because you have the 9.2 client code on your Tivo, does not mean you have the Rhapsody App mapped.
jeffmc425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 10:05 AM   #89
Solver

Has any one had this happen?

1. Select the Music, Photos, Products, & More
2. Select the Rhapsody Music Service
3. Repeat many times until getting something other than "Please Wait"
3. NOT accept the 30-day free trial, yet.
4. Come back seven days later
5. Accept the 30-day free trial
6. See that you only have 23 days left in their free trial.
?
Old 10-24-2007, 11:22 AM   #90
Hi8
TiVoPro - wanabe!

Quote:
You need to sign up on the Priority page to get the app sooner. The app is being rolled out to everyone over a number of weeks. Just because you have the 9.2 client code on your Tivo, does not mean you have the Rhapsody App mapped.
OK ... I clicked on that page and it appeared to be the SAME priority page I submitted to get the 9.2j - so I never submitted!

ok.. I'll try that, can't hurt to submit again I suppose, even if it is the SAME page.

EDIT: It worked! THANKS ...

(3) TiVo THX HD S3
(1) PremiereXL4 & (1) TiVo Mini

Last edited by Hi8 : 10-25-2007 at 10:38 AM.
Hi8 is offline   Reply With Quote