TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Forum Extras > DVD TiVo Units (Archive)
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 07-20-2007, 08:40 PM   #1561
fredski

I am having the same problem. How did you get the DVD out??
fredski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 11:55 AM   #1562
girlfarmer

how do i choose the free dvd i want
girlfarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 02:46 PM   #1563
EvilMidniteBombr
what bomz at midnite

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredski
I am having the same problem. How did you get the DVD out??
http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...&&#post5048750

9/11/01... Never Forget.
EvilMidniteBombr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 02:47 PM   #1564
EvilMidniteBombr
what bomz at midnite

Quote:
Originally Posted by girlfarmer
how do i choose the free dvd i want
What are you talking about?

9/11/01... Never Forget.
Old 07-24-2007, 07:56 PM   #1565
floriecox

RS-TX20--RANDOM CHANNEL CHANGES & "FREEZING"

I can't see how to send a new Post so hope Iam not doing something I shouldn't be doing.

My Tivo is freezing sooften that I have almost quite using it to record. I now only record on one channel (46). My TV is now randomly changing from whatever channel I leave it on back to channel 46, which then causes the Tivo to freeze up. I do not subscribe toTivo Plus. Why are the channel changes occurring and how can I stop them?

--Florie
floriecox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 03:37 AM   #1566
arny01

Rstx20

Hi
I'm new back in may I order a rstx20. off ebay in July. i got around to hooking it up. I hooked it up to my dishnet work sat. During setup Tivo askeed you a bunch oof questions. like what reciver are you useing. first i tried dish net work then i found out from dish to click on echostar. I'm able to go to liive tv . as i'm changing the channels useing the tivo remote it tells you what is on some channels you can see live pics others you cant it might say you need to subscribe to this channel in the back ground. but when i use the sat remote and change the channeel directly . i'm able to see the picture. why is that ?
I didnt know that basic you don't get any fancy features. my mom got hers years ago with life time then hers died she still h as life time. before tivo did away with it. i should have did my research life timeplus i don't always think they called it life time plus. how can i make my machine life time plus without having to spend more money on subscrits service
arny01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 03:46 PM   #1567
unclepoo

Hi all I don't know where or how to post this, I was trying to post a new thread, but all I see is the option of a quick reply.
I have and love the RS-TX60 , Recently however the CLOSED CAPTIONING
has not been working.
have any of you experienced this?, and is there a fix for it?
Thanks in advance
Pat
unclepoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 04:52 PM   #1568
Chester_Lampwick

Quote:
Originally Posted by unclepoo
Hi all I don't know where or how to post this, I was trying to post a new thread, but all I see is the option of a quick reply.
I have and love the RS-TX60 , Recently however the CLOSED CAPTIONING
has not been working.
have any of you experienced this?, and is there a fix for it?
Thanks in advance
Pat

Well I don't have the RS-TX60 but my Humax DRT800 does experience this. Since the hardware is nearly identical, I assume the software has much of the same code.

Here's what I've found. My closes captioning on my TV is always on. Sometimes, after I watch a DVD with this unit the captioning disappears on return to regular TiVo operation. If I return back to DVD, then back to TiVo captioning reappears. Weird, but true.....

Maybe we should alert one of the TiVo guys who frequent here?

See ya,
Roger
Old 08-13-2007, 08:46 AM   #1569
EvilMidniteBombr
what bomz at midnite

Quote:
Originally Posted by floriecox
I can't see how to send a new Post so hope Iam not doing something I shouldn't be doing.

My Tivo is freezing sooften that I have almost quite using it to record. I now only record on one channel (46). My TV is now randomly changing from whatever channel I leave it on back to channel 46, which then causes the Tivo to freeze up. I do not subscribe toTivo Plus. Why are the channel changes occurring and how can I stop them?

--Florie
Sorry to take so long to reply, I was hoping someone else would step up with some actual knowledge. So you are stuck with me.

I am not exactly sure that I understand what the problem is. But I will try to offer some help. Maybe if you unplug it for a 1/2 hour or so and plug it back in. Let it restart and then see if it still acts the same. If it does, then maybe you should reset the machine back to factory default and do the entire set up again? I think the reset option is under Settings>Standby/Restart. (not sure on that)

Good luck.

9/11/01... Never Forget.
Old 08-25-2007, 07:22 AM   #1570
kdc914

Toshiba RSTX20 DVD drive

I think the DVD-R drive in my Toshiba RSTX20 is dying. Can I replace it with any IDE DVD-R drive or is it a unique formfactor drive?
kdc914 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 08:33 AM   #1571
windracer
joined the 10k club

It's not a unique form-factor, but I think you have to replace it with the same model. I think it's a Pioneer DVR-108RZ.

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...&&#post4486380

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
windracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 12:24 PM   #1572
lafos

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdc914
I think the DVD-R drive in my Toshiba RSTX20 is dying. Can I replace it with any IDE DVD-R drive or is it a unique formfactor drive?
The Toshiba ships with the Pioneer DVR-108, but I was able to replace it with the Pioneer DVR-112, which I bought on NewEgg.
lafos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 02:43 PM   #1573
kdc914

Quote:
Originally Posted by lafos
The Toshiba ships with the Pioneer DVR-108, but I was able to replace it with the Pioneer DVR-112, which I bought on NewEgg.
Excellent! Thanks both of you!
kdc914 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 06:48 PM   #1574
pvarjak

Pioneer 57H v. RS-TX20/60

I've read that the Pioneer unit only has S-video input for the video signal, although it has component output for the DVD player part. Is this true for the Toshiba units as well? It seems to be from the specs on the Toshiba archive site, but they are not detailed enough for me to know for sure. Thanks.
pvarjak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 07:10 PM   #1575
windracer
joined the 10k club

Yes, the TX20 has S-Video in, component out.

|
Old 09-06-2007, 07:17 PM   #1576
rbedd

Help please on error msg S03

After TIVO changed the phone connection number on my Toshiba RS-TX60 without telling me, the downloads stopped (obvioulsy) and now I can't get the downloads to load into TIVO. TVIO does connect and download on a land line but won't update the internal schedule. I get error message S05 - HELP? Tivo won't talk to me and Toshiba sends me to Tivo.
rbedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 07:19 PM   #1577
pvarjak

Toshiba TS-RX

Windracer,

How badly does that affect the image quality? Apparently most of these Tivo/DVD units use that setup, but I would think the image would be mediocre?
pvarjak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 07:38 PM   #1578
windracer
joined the 10k club

It's not spectacular, but it's not bad either ... depends on the quality of the source signal and the recording quality you use on the TX20 as well (I always use Best when recording from an external source). Recording from my miniDV camcorder over Firewire is better, as expected.

|
Old 09-09-2007, 04:22 PM   #1579
hogaholic

Tivo doesn't recognize USB Wireless adapter

I have owned a TX20 since they were first released. I used a Microsoft wireless adapter and it worked great until about six months ago when I began to receive the 'has not connected in a long time' message. So, I went to the network settings menu and Tivo told me my adapter was not supported. So, I chunked that adapter and just didn't let Tivo update.

Today I found a Linksys WUSB11 V2.6 wireless adapter and bought it. According to the Tivo site, it is supported (my service number starts with 565). When I connect it, the power light comes on the adapter but Tivo says there is no USB wireless adapter plugged in.

I have connected via phone to update everything and also restarted the TX20. It still doesn't recognize the adapter in either USB slot. If I remember right, my software version is 8.3.

Any ideas???? HELP!!!!
hogaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 10:02 PM   #1580
sorewinner

lafos, since you installed the DVR-112:

Is the tx20 able to only burn to DVD-R? Is that a firmware limitation or something?
Smithers: You mean the revolver, sir?
Burns: Precisely, and be sure to wipe your own memory clean when you've
finished.
sorewinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 10:46 PM   #1581
megazone
Hardcore TiVo Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogaholic
Today I found a Linksys WUSB11 V2.6 wireless adapter and bought it. According to the Tivo site, it is supported (my service number starts with 565). When I connect it, the power light comes on the adapter but Tivo says there is no USB wireless adapter plugged in.
Well, I don't think you should use anything except the TiVo-branded WiFi adapter. FAR, FAR better performance, the only one that does WPA security (WEP is nearly worthless), and certain to be supported.

However, the WUSB11 v2.6 *should* work. First thing to check - make sure the cable is FIRMLY seated in both the TiVo and the adapter. Sometimes they seat enough for power to flow (light the LEDs) but not to work.

|
|
|
megazone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 06:18 AM   #1582
azitnay

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorewinner
lafos, since you installed the DVR-112:

Is the tx20 able to only burn to DVD-R? Is that a firmware limitation or something?
Even if the installed drive supports "+" media (which I believe the stock drives do), the TiVo software limits you to DVD-R and DVD-RW.

Drew
azitnay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 08:25 PM   #1583
hogaholic

USB cable reseated....still not working

Quote:
Originally Posted by megazone
Well, I don't think you should use anything except the TiVo-branded WiFi adapter. FAR, FAR better performance, the only one that does WPA security (WEP is nearly worthless), and certain to be supported.

However, the WUSB11 v2.6 *should* work. First thing to check - make sure the cable is FIRMLY seated in both the TiVo and the adapter. Sometimes they seat enough for power to flow (light the LEDs) but not to work.

Thanks for the reply, megazone. I have tried reseating the cable several times into both USB sockets and it still doesn't recognize that an adapter is plugged in. As for performance, I really only need enough bandwidth to update the software and channel listings. I don't use it to transfer movies, just keep my Tivo up to date.

Any other ideas? I have done a restart, used the guide menu, etc.

Hogaholic
Old 09-10-2007, 08:34 PM   #1584
windracer
joined the 10k club

When I was using my old Linksys WUSB11 on my S2 years ago, I remember that the cable that came with the adapter had the specific ends labeled: to adapter, and to PC (or in this case, the TiVo). I don't know why that would matter on a USB cable, but I do know once I had it backwards and the adapter wouldn't work.

|
Old 09-11-2007, 10:43 PM   #1585
hogaholic

Didn't work for USB

Quote:
Originally Posted by windracer
When I was using my old Linksys WUSB11 on my S2 years ago, I remember that the cable that came with the adapter had the specific ends labeled: to adapter, and to PC (or in this case, the TiVo). I don't know why that would matter on a USB cable, but I do know once I had it backwards and the adapter wouldn't work.
Windracer, you are a genius to remember that a cable was marked from two years ago! But, alas, the 50/50 chance I had to get it right happened. I got it right the first time so that wasn't the problem.

I had great anticipation when I read your post, but that wasn't the error.

Any more ideas?????
Old 09-17-2007, 02:41 PM   #1586
jdoe100

Hi all. Just joined this site. Wonderful!!! So much to read and learn. I have a question I was not able to find an answer too, at least not the answer I wanted to read :-)

My Question: How can I Enable the "enable transfers" on this unit If I cannot access this option via the TiVO website?? Is there another way besides paying for servce and then having access via the website? The TiVO Desktop cannot find the DVR.

I purchased at Best Buy an open box unit RS-TX20 Series 2 a year or 2 ago. Software Ver: 8.3-01-2-565 Service level C: C is as I understand it means Lifetime Subscription.
The previous owner had a lifetime service plan on it but transferred it to his new unit. My unit has ALL of the capabilities of a Subscribed Plus system EXCEPT transferring of movies and photos music, The Amazon UnBox. This unit is set up to connect via Broadband and works nicely.

On the TiVo Central screen I see and can access the Music, Photos, Products & More. See and access the Yahoo stuff. Under Find Programs I have the option Download TV & More option. But the screen says that my unit is not set to transfer. I need to go to the support page and activate this function.

This unit does not show up when I log into TiVo website. It shows no active units. I have 2 others RS-TX60 units that are Basic TiVO. These are not listed, understandably so, since they do not have a Subscription on them.

Any help would be appreciated.
jdoe100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 03:02 PM   #1587
azitnay

If the unit truly isn't subscribed, then not being able to transfer is expected behavior... Assuming you have access to traditional plus features like season passes and wishlists, it sounds like your unit somehow slipped through the cracks when the original owner transferred the subscription, but that the original owner also had transfers disabled.

You could try calling TiVo customer support to see about getting the unit transferred to your account, but you run the risk of them noticing that you're not really supposed to have plus, and (correctly) disabling the features entirely. Of course, if the unit isn't subscribed, this could happen at any time anyway.

Drew
Old 09-17-2007, 03:21 PM   #1588
jdoe100

Thanks Drew for your response. Stupid, but lucky me, I did call customer support and they were the one's to tell me about the previous owner having lifetime on this unit but returning and transferring the service to his new unit. She told me that I did not have the Plus features. I agreed and thanked her for her help. I am just hoping that she does not turn these features off as they have been working for the past 1 1/2 - 2 years. All of the other features still work, Wish Lists, searching, Tivo Suggestions, adding minutes onto the beginning or ending of recordings, etc...It has been almost a week since I spoke with her...so maybe this unit of mine did Slip through the cracks and hopefully will not be downgraded, I hope :-)

Thanks again for your response.

Last edited by jdoe100 : 09-17-2007 at 03:24 PM. Reason: Forgot to add something.
jdoe100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 12:21 AM   #1589
Skuits

Hello all, I was looking to buy a Toshiba SD-H400 with a suspected bad hard drive and replace the drive myself. Does anyone have an image of that drive they could put down to DVD for me? I would of course pay for shipping on the disc.

Also will the Toshiba use any IDE drive?

Thanks,
Mark
Skuits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 08:31 AM   #1590
azitnay

Assuming you can't find a free image anywhere, you can purchase InstantCake for $19.99:

http://www.dvrupgrade.com/dvr/stores/1/instantcake.cfm

Any EIDE drive should work fine.

Drew