Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 08-28-2007, 11:32 AM   #31
robmfielding

Transfer process

Quote:
Originally Posted by missdona
What happens to your old series 1 when you do a transfer?

What's the best method to get a transfer? Talk to sales? Service?
Your old Tivo Series 1 loses its subscription immediately. It will not function as a Tivo until you resubscribe it on a new plan.

I talked to sales and had no problem with the transfer.
robmfielding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 11:44 AM   #32
atmuscarella

Quote:
Your old Tivo Series 1 loses its subscription immediately.
Wont' it will function until the guide data runs out if you don't allow it to call in after the transfer?

Thanks,
R.I.P. - 08/06 - TiVo
05/08 - TiVo HD
06/08 - Panasonic 50PZ800U 50" Plazma!!
03/10 - Series 3
11/10 - Premiere
09/13 - Roamio
atmuscarella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 12:46 PM   #33
robmfielding

Quote:
Originally Posted by atmuscarella
Wont' it will function until the guide data runs out if you don't allow it to call in after the transfer?

Thanks,
Yes, that is true, I meant immediately meaning as soon as it completes its next call in. So let's say no more than 10 days or so.
robmfielding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 02:03 PM   #34
cgould

Quote:
Originally Posted by randymac88
So I apologize if this is off-topic, but does anyone know if TiVo plans on widening the date range for the grandfather in years to come? My activation date was 12/29/01 for my Lifetime...definitely way off from this offer, but at what point *should* I be eligible to receive a hardware upgrade for my old Sony S1 box?

Seems to me like if that Lifetime transfer was instituted to allow older TiVo users to upgrade their hardware, then it should be a rolling date based on your activation date (5 years? Less? More?). My TiVo is dead now, upgraded to the HD but, due to many many problems, have not been able to get it running yet. Might take it back.
The point you were eligible was during the initial S3 rollout (at full $800 cost, plus the $200 lifetime txfer cost.) I did my Sony S1 box at that time. I'm 2000 so wasn't in the 1999 grandfather either (D'oh!) So far don't think they'll make another "transfer existing lifetime" offer unfortunately, but who knows.

Lifetime is the box, not user. If your box dies, replace the harddrive if it's not the harddrive, well... for the txfers you normally have to have an active account, so the box has to be alive enough to call in periodically...
cgould is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 06:50 PM   #35
Tanquen

I have three TiVos all with lifetime subscription but I donít recall when I activated them. The first one may qualify. What is the easiest way to find out?

I want to try the over the air HD so if I canít transfer Iím building a media PC to do it. I think three lifetime subscriptions from one customer are more than enough. Iíve never even called them for support.

Thanks.
Tanquen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 08:58 PM   #36
ah30k

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanquen
I have three TiVos all with lifetime subscription but I donít recall when I activated them. The first one may qualify. What is the easiest way to find out?
Go to "Manage Your Account" and hit the "Name your DVRs" or something like that and it will show you the activation date.
ah30k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 02:02 PM   #37
Tanquen

Quote:
Originally Posted by ah30k
Go to "Manage Your Account" and hit the "Name your DVRs" or something like that and it will show you the activation date.
I had done that before but there is no link on any of the names or anything that I can see. Just a list of the three but no activation information.
Tanquen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 04:00 PM   #38
jfh3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanquen
I had done that before but there is no link on any of the names or anything that I can see. Just a list of the three but no activation information.
You didn't go to the right page. It's not on the overview page, but on the name your Tivo page. Each Tivo will show a service type and activation date.
jfh3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 12:03 PM   #39
blhirsch
Tivo-riffic!

Works!
blhirsch is offline   Reply With Quote