Go Back   TiVo Community > Underground Playground > TiVo Underground
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 08-22-2007, 12:29 PM   #2491
rbautch
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soapm
This is the same thing I had to do. For some reason either SApper or Tweak makes the TivoWebPlus directory unaccessible. I tried every command I could find and it always said it was not a directory. I just take a fresh download and unzip it over the top and presto, everything works.
I just ran a fresh install of tweak.sh and couldn't duplicate this issue. If you can, try to replicate it and do an ls -l to see what the properties of the TWP directory are.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
or
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

rbautch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 09:59 PM   #2492
Soapm

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbautch
I just ran a fresh install of tweak.sh and couldn't duplicate this issue. If you can, try to replicate it and do an ls -l to see what the properties of the TWP directory are.
It will be a few days before I can, I am on the road this week.
Soapm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 05:25 AM   #2493
bengalfreak

Quote:

At some point last week, two of my DTivos stopped "calling in", one of them hadn't make a succesful fake call in almost a month. I had to uninstall/reinstall the script to get it working.
Old 08-25-2007, 11:42 AM   #2494
Redrocker5150

USB200m V2.1 help

I've searched everywhere and can't fig out how to get usb200m v2.1 to work. Have installed script and answered yes to usb 2.0. Running latest script.

Help please.
Redrocker5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 12:32 PM   #2495
dcstager
1st Gen Tivo Owner

Quote:
The latest version of the script now has patch locations for 6.3e. Since the the script is usually run right after running the Zipper, it expects to find a /zipper_flag file before it will patch your tivoapp. So if you choose to run the script strictly to patch your tivoapp, run this command first to create the flag:
Code:
 touch /zipper_flag
Where is the latest version of the script? Is this the tweak.sh script, the zipper (4.0), or a newSuperpatch diff file?

I'm probably going to upgrade to 6.3e when I get the slices with slicer. I then want to rerun the superpatch. Where is the latest version of superpatch that works with 6.3e? Or should I just rerun tweak.sh to patch the new software when slicer finishes?
dcstager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 01:30 PM   #2496
rbautch
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcstager
Where is the latest version of the script? Is this the tweak.sh script, the zipper (4.0), or a newSuperpatch diff file?

I'm probably going to upgrade to 6.3e when I get the slices with slicer. I then want to rerun the superpatch. Where is the latest version of superpatch that works with 6.3e? Or should I just rerun tweak.sh to patch the new software when slicer finishes?
Running tweak.sh will download the latest script and patches. Superpatch does not support 6.3e yet.

or

Old 08-25-2007, 01:46 PM   #2497
dcstager
1st Gen Tivo Owner

Quote:
Running tweak.sh will download the latest script and patches. Superpatch does not support 6.3e yet.
Just to be clear, if I run tweak.sh after upgrading to 6.3e will my system be patched the same way the superpatch would patch it if it did support 6.3e? Or do I have to wait until a new superpatch is released to get things to work as before?

I realize some features are missing from 6.3e. I'm just not clear on what all I need to do to upgrade properly. I gather I can just run tweak.sh again and all is good. Or are the patches in tweak.sh different than the patches in superpatch?
dcstager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 02:15 PM   #2498
tivoupgrade
Sponsor

Quote:
Not sure if you guys are talking about the HR10-250 or an SD dtivo; if you are talking about the HR10-250, you may want to try the script mentioned in this article and report your results.

Lou

tivoupgrade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 06:09 PM   #2499
Soapm

Quote:
Didn't do it this time. When I rebooted TWP started the first time. I knew those drugs from the 70's would come back to haunt me
Soapm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 08:48 PM   #2500
JWThiers
Smartypants

Quote:
I didn't think superpatch was needed for the HR10-250's (6.3x series)? or did I miss something? Since I don't have an HDTV (YET!!!) I don't pay that close attention to the HR10-250 stuff.
Old 08-25-2007, 09:41 PM   #2501
sk33t3r

JW you are correct
Note that if you have an HR10-250 tivo, neither of these tools is required Superpatch or set_mrv_name
HR21-200
HR20-100
DRD420re
sk33t3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 09:44 PM   #2502
sk33t3r

When running the latest zipper 4.0 the system hangs at backing root file system on a freshly restored drive, 6.3e
HR21-200
HR20-100
DRD420re
Old 08-26-2007, 04:54 PM   #2503
rbautch
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk33t3r
When running the latest zipper 4.0 the system hangs at backing root file system on a freshly restored drive, 6.3e
Are you sure it's not just taking it's sweet time? To get past it for now, run the Zipper like this:
Code:
/cdrom/zipper nobackup

or

Old 08-26-2007, 04:55 PM   #2504
rbautch
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWThiers
I didn't think superpatch was needed for the HR10-250's (6.3x series)? or did I miss something? Since I don't have an HDTV (YET!!!) I don't pay that close attention to the HR10-250 stuff.
Not required, but useful if you want to disable encryption, enable 30-sec skip, etc..

or

Old 08-26-2007, 05:02 PM   #2505
JWThiers
Smartypants

Makes sense.
Old 08-26-2007, 11:45 PM   #2506
sk33t3r

Quote:
Are you sure it's not just taking it's sweet time? To get past it for now, run the Zipper like this:
Code:
/cdrom/zipper nobackup

It was taking its sweet ass time but thenit finally said no space and continued. Now the issue is i told it to customize the menu and standby is gone, im pretty sure it was inteh first menu any how.

And when running superpatch 62a or 67 i get the following error;

superpatch-67all-NutKase-1.1.tcl
(C) 05/08/2005 by NutKase, et al - COMMERCIAL USE PROHIBITED

Credit goes to CapablePerson66, rc3105, and others who wish to
remain anonymous. We thank ESPECIALLY alldeadhomiez for his time and knowledge.

All errors are the fault of Anonymous :-) .

Your TiVo Software version is 6.3e-01-2-357
Please write down your TiVo Software version.

Error: Version 6.3e-01-2-357 is not supported.
or
superpatch-67all-NutKase-1.2.tcl

superpatch-67all-NutKase-1.2.tcl
(C) 05/08/2005 by NutKase, et al - COMMERCIAL USE PROHIBITED

Credit goes to CapablePerson66, rc3105, and others who wish to
remain anonymous. We thank ESPECIALLY alldeadhomiez for his time and knowledge.

All errors are the fault of Anonymous :-) .

Your TiVo Software version is 6.3e-01-2-357
Please write down your TiVo Software version.

and one more thing, you may want to update the tivoweb package

Thanks Russ for a great tool
HR21-200
HR20-100
DRD420re

Last edited by sk33t3r : 08-26-2007 at 11:53 PM.
Old 08-27-2007, 12:23 AM   #2507
Da Goon
Registered Abuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sk33t3r
Superpatch hasn't been officially updated in quite a while. You need to patch it for use on any dtivo sw version higher than 6.2. See ddb. This question has been asked and answered there quite a few times recently.
Da Goon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 04:21 PM   #2508
Porterx

Need help with Zipper install

I've got a Samsung Sir-4040 DirecTiVo that I've upgraded with a larger hard drive (500 GB). That parts wiorking fine. I also installed networking using the PTVNet cd. I was able to see TWP thru my browser. I no longer can browse to the TiVo but, using Look@Lan, it says the TiVo is online. When I attempt to browse to the TiVo, the browser just times out. Could my /var directory have gotten overwritten?

So I decided to use the Zipper because it looks better to me than what I used before. Using The Zipper TiVo Hack Script v4.0, I pulled the drive and attempted to boot the Zipper disk from cd that the script told me to make. It boots up with PTVNet prompts instead of the Zipper scripts that I expected. Should the prompt be PTVNet (not exartly sure what it said but this is close)? When I input mount /dev/hdb /cdrom, I get an error. I don't remmeber what it said.

I didn't put an image on the Zipper cd because I was using a drive that I just wanted to add networking to and keep my recordings.

Does anyone know from this information what could have gone wrong? If more information is required, please let me know.

Thanks,
Porter
Porterx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 10:39 AM   #2509
rbautch
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porterx
I've got a Samsung Sir-4040 DirecTiVo that I've upgraded with a larger hard drive (500 GB). That parts wiorking fine. I also installed networking using the PTVNet cd. I was able to see TWP thru my browser. I no longer can browse to the TiVo but, using Look@Lan, it says the TiVo is online. When I attempt to browse to the TiVo, the browser just times out. Could my /var directory have gotten overwritten?

So I decided to use the Zipper because it looks better to me than what I used before. Using The Zipper TiVo Hack Script v4.0, I pulled the drive and attempted to boot the Zipper disk from cd that the script told me to make. It boots up with PTVNet prompts instead of the Zipper scripts that I expected. Should the prompt be PTVNet (not exartly sure what it said but this is close)? When I input mount /dev/hdb /cdrom, I get an error. I don't remmeber what it said.

I didn't put an image on the Zipper cd because I was using a drive that I just wanted to add networking to and keep my recordings.

Does anyone know from this information what could have gone wrong? If more information is required, please let me know.

Thanks,
Porter
Sounds like you used the wrong boot CD from DVRupgrade. Follow the link in the instructions to download the correct boot CD. The prompt should not be PTVnet, but I would expect a PTVnet CD would still be able to mount your cdrom drive.

PTVnet is an alternate way of hacking your tivo that is mutually exclusive of the zipper. If you follow the PTVnet instructions from DVRupgrade, you should be able to hack your tivo without using the Zipper at all.

or

Old 09-25-2007, 12:55 PM   #2510
Porterx

Quote:
Sounds like you used the wrong boot CD from DVRupgrade. Follow the link in the instructions to download the correct boot CD. The prompt should not be PTVnet, but I would expect a PTVnet CD would still be able to mount your cdrom drive.

PTVnet is an alternate way of hacking your tivo that is mutually exclusive of the zipper. If you follow the PTVnet instructions from DVRupgrade, you should be able to hack your tivo without using the Zipper at all.
I thought I used the $5 boot cd that the instructions called for. I know I paid $5 for it. I thought that I'd followed the link in the instructions. I'll check that.

I wanted to use The Zipper because of the extra goodies that the other way doesn't offer.

Thanks for your reply. I'll check things more closely next time. Maybe I did make a mistake but I just don't see how.

We'll see.

Thanks,
Porter
Old 09-25-2007, 01:04 PM   #2511
rmax

tried to update with tweak.sh

Hey guys,
I have been a user of the zipper for quite some time. I have done my HR10 and my RCA DVR80. This was done back when the zipper was at version 1.7 I think.
Anyway, I got a wild hair this past weekend and wanted to upgrade with the latest tweak.sh file so it would update the TWP and add the gotomydvr stuff.
I was able to log into my tivo and run the uninstall_tweak.sh file, but now I get the dreaded "cannot download file" . I tried to reboot and now I cannot even log into my tivo.
I know I have a serial cable somewhere
Is that my next option? Once I get logged back in, How do I fix the internet connection?
I could see the tivo from my HD tivo before I rebooted, so I know it was on the network ok, just not getting to the internet.
Any info would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Randy

Last edited by rmax : 09-25-2007 at 01:06 PM. Reason: typo
rmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 08:03 PM   #2512
HellFish
I can dress myself.

If you're able to, instead of downloading the script from the tivo, you can download it onto your computer, then FTP it over to the tivo and run the script.

See this reference on the Zipper Wiki here: Update the enhancement script (tweak.sh) failed

Quote:
Originally Posted by From_Wiki
If for some reason you still cannot download directly from the internet to your tivo, just get the latest zipper scripts from the zipper page. Unzip it and ftp the rbautch_files.tgz file to the /hacks directory on you tivo and run tweak. This will bypass the file download.
Note - instead of downloading the zipper and unzipping, you can also download the script from the 1st post of this thread.

If you're unable to FTP or telnet in, then I can't help you.
Old 09-26-2007, 08:45 AM   #2513
rmax

Thanks for the reply..I did try that and it still tried to download the latest script. I guess I am going to have to pull the drive and re-zipper.
Thanks again,
Randy
Old 09-26-2007, 08:50 AM   #2514
JWThiers
Smartypants

Try doing a dos2unix on the file you ftp'd over. If it gets the dos line endings in the file that would fubar the file for your tivo.
Old 09-26-2007, 11:20 AM   #2515
rmax

Yep, I tried that also. For some reason it still tries to download the file after I copy it over in the /hacks directory..not sure why..It seams to execute properly, just keeps wanting to download..hmm...
Old 09-26-2007, 05:09 PM   #2516
JWThiers
Smartypants

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmax
Yep, I tried that also. For some reason it still tries to download the file after I copy it over in the /hacks directory..not sure why..It seams to execute properly, just keeps wanting to download..hmm...
When you run tweak.sh, do you run it from the /hacks directory or do you type the whole path to like
Code:
sh /hacks/tweak.sh
???

If you type the whole path, instead try cd'ing to /hacks the run tweak.
Old 09-26-2007, 06:06 PM   #2517
Porterx

Quote:

I've tried the free ptvlba48-4.04DD.iso and the $5 one. No luck with either. Which one should I use?

I am using the following guide in my attempt to get the Zipper onto my DirecTiVo:
http://www.dvrplayground.com/article/13683/

Looking at what the directory on the final zipper cd should look like and what my cd looks like, I've noticed that they're completely different. Mine seems to be using the 8.3 file naming instead of long file names. The directory is below. I've burned the image with XP and Vista using Nero Express and with Windows Explorer in Vista. The first folder in the directory is ~0.LIV. The other folders and files are similar. Is this my problem? How do I get the image to burn correctly?

[IMG]f:/zip.jpg[/IMG]

I've been trying for 20 minutes to post an image of my zipper cd directory but, obviously, I can't figure it out. I hope that the above information will suffice.

Can someone please tell me how to fix this? Am I using the correct ptvlba48 cd? Why won't my zipper cd burn correctly? Should I be using the guide that I'm using? If not, would some send me the link of the most up to date Zipper guide?

Thanks for the help. It is appreciated.
Porter
Old 09-26-2007, 06:52 PM   #2518
Jim517

If this question has been asked and answered allready - please forgive me..... but - I just bought a brand new Tivo HD. I would love to be able to telnet into it and see whats going on. Are the hacks for the series 2 devices compatible with the HD box..... or should I wait for new scripts/hacks? Also - can you add a console port to a HD box?

Thanks!!
Jim517 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 07:44 PM   #2519
Da Goon
Registered Abuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim517
If this question has been asked and answered allready - please forgive me..... but - I just bought a brand new Tivo HD. I would love to be able to telnet into it and see whats going on. Are the hacks for the series 2 devices compatible with the HD box..... or should I wait for new scripts/hacks? Also - can you add a console port to a HD box?

Thanks!!
You'll need a PROM mod before you can do anything. Telnet works, and I believe you can modify your box for a serial console for troubleshooting. Some hacks are compatible, but most probably still require some updating.
Da Goon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 10:23 PM   #2520
rbautch
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porterx
I've tried the free ptvlba48-4.04DD.iso and the $5 one. No luck with either. Which one should I use?

I am using the following guide in my attempt to get the Zipper onto my DirecTiVo:
http://www.dvrplayground.com/article/13683/

Looking at what the directory on the final zipper cd should look like and what my cd looks like, I've noticed that they're completely different. Mine seems to be using the 8.3 file naming instead of long file names. The directory is below. I've burned the image with XP and Vista using Nero Express and with Windows Explorer in Vista. The first folder in the directory is ~0.LIV. The other folders and files are similar. Is this my problem? How do I get the image to burn correctly?

[IMG]f:/zip.jpg[/IMG]

I've been trying for 20 minutes to post an image of my zipper cd directory but, obviously, I can't figure it out. I hope that the above information will suffice.

Can someone please tell me how to fix this? Am I using the correct ptvlba48 cd? Why won't my zipper cd burn correctly? Should I be using the guide that I'm using? If not, would some send me the link of the most up to date Zipper guide?

Thanks for the help. It is appreciated.
Porter
This is the CD you want. The most up to date guide is always in the instructions here. Try adding your directory image as an attachment, rather than an embedded image.

or