TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Underground Playground > TiVo Underground
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 06-15-2007, 12:04 PM   #2461
technojunkie

I just reran "the Script" and am having issues trying to FTP into the TivoWebPlus directory. FTP Explorer replies "Directory change failed; permission denied". I've never had a problem in the past. I have enabled Read/Write via telnet and I can access all the other directories.

Also this happening on my Hr10-250 with 6.3d and HDVR2 with 6,2a.

Can anyone help?

Last edited by technojunkie : 06-15-2007 at 01:07 PM.
technojunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 09:50 PM   #2462
MasterOfPuppets
TCF Bookie

I ran tweak_uninstall.sh due to my problems described here
The problem now is that when I run tweak.sh, I get:
Quote:
Your telnet client is adding extra line feeds, causing this script to fail. No problem. Just re-run the script again using the "Additional Directions for Windows XP users", or use a different telnet client with proper CR/LF settings. Exiting now...
A) What "Additional Directions for Windows XP users"?
B) I installed this script previously using XP telnet without any problems.

My other problem is that for some reason whenever I execute a command on bash I get 2 prompts:
Quote:
bash2-.02#
bash2-.02#
Anyone know what's going on here?
240 SA S2 Tivo, 8.3 software, I haven't played with it recently, the only things I added recently were some "jackets" for TWP 2.0 and it was functioning fine afterwards, then mysteriously stopped working a few days later.
MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 10:09 PM   #2463
MungoJerrie

Here's the link to the wiki
type "unset crlf" in the xp telnet window before connecting.
MungoJerrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 11:18 PM   #2464
bnm81002

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbautch
I just uploaded version 5.5 of the Enhancement Script. Special thanks to svkakkad for modifying backup_write_static.tcl to work with Tivowebplus 2.0, making automatic season pass backups possible again. Here are the rest of the changes:

- Add support for Tivos with code name Yukon.
- Add netconfig module to Tivowebplus.
- Added svkakkad mods to backup_write_static.tcl, which fixes automatic backups.
- Misc fixes to support SApper

Remember if you want to upgrade your installation, just run tweak.sh. It will uninstall your current version, then download and install the latest version of the script.

I uploaded this new version 5.5 but when I connect the DTivo unit with the Airlink ASOHOUSB adapter, I get no connection to my network but when I connect with the Linksys USB200M version 1, I do get a connection on my network, what can I do to have the Airlink connected to my network? thanks
Pioneer DVR810H-not in use
bnm81002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 11:31 PM   #2465
MasterOfPuppets
TCF Bookie

Thanks, that worked.
I've never seen that wiki before.
MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 06:54 AM   #2466
JWThiers
Smartypants

RTFM3XBA (Read The Fine (Fantastic, F*@#$ing, Fun, etc.) Manual 3 Times (3X) Before Answereing).

Its been there all along. Its been linked from the main zipper page since day 1 and referred to frequently in this and many other threads. In addition to some peoples sigs (see mine for example). Many of the more common problems have solutions on that page.
Old 06-17-2007, 04:27 PM   #2467
speed_phreak

USB driver issue with latest enhancement script

Hi,

I have been using the enhancement script and zipper for some time very successfully. I thought I would run the new script, why? I dunno...

I get this error after endpad plus:

Do you want to install EndPad(Plus) for soft padding all recorded shows? [y/n]:
n
Skipping EndPad(Plus) installation...
Appending usb.map for backported drivers...
/enhancements/start-e.sh: [: missing `]'

Do you want to install Tivowebplus? [y/n]:

The latest enhancement script as of 6/17/07 appears to have a syntax error relating to the installation of the USB 2.0 drivers or a conflict of some kind..

Thanks

Last edited by speed_phreak : 06-17-2007 at 04:51 PM.
speed_phreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 10:06 PM   #2468
bnm81002

Quote:
Originally Posted by speed_phreak
The latest enhancement script as of 6/17/07 appears to have a syntax error relating to the installation of the USB 2.0 drivers or a conflict of some kind..

I agree with you, I installed the latest version 5.5 and my unit doesn't link to my network with the Airlink ASOHOUSB adapter, which it did before version 5.5, luckily I still have a Linksys USB200M(version 1) which is working on my network with version 5.5
Old 06-18-2007, 05:15 AM   #2469
jschl1

Thanks for the script. Just thought I'd let you know that the link to detailed instructions on first post doesn't have instructions. Just links back to 1st post. Still managed to figure it out but thought you'd want to know.
jschl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 02:07 PM   #2470
rbautch
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by speed_phreak
I get this error after endpad plus:

[i]Do you want to install EndPad(Plus) for soft padding all recorded shows? [y/n]:
n
Skipping EndPad(Plus) installation...
Appending usb.map for backported drivers...
/enhancements/start-e.sh: [: missing `]'
Thanks. I found the typo (missing space before the brace ), and fixed it. New version is now uploaded.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
or
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

rbautch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 02:08 PM   #2471
rbautch
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jschl1
Thanks for the script. Just thought I'd let you know that the link to detailed instructions on first post doesn't have instructions. Just links back to 1st post. Still managed to figure it out but thought you'd want to know.
All instructions are now in the first post, so I eliminated the link. Thanks.

or

Old 06-18-2007, 06:08 PM   #2472
bnm81002

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbautch
New version is now uploaded.

Russ,
the new version is working properly, my Airlink ASOHOUSB adapter is working fine now, thanks for the quick fix to the problem
Old 06-24-2007, 08:51 PM   #2473
FTD

Help, please.

I am trying to fix my inability to network one of my Tivos. I had posted this as its own thread, but there has been no reply. Basically my Zippered Tivo crashed after trying to MRV between my units. I was unable to telnet or serial in to the unit, but the hacks were there. To try and recover, I re-zippered, was able to get a bash prompt (it was already the colored version from the original tweak), ran the tweaks script, and rebooted. It seemed fine until I unplugged and moved the Tivo back to the family room. Once it booted up again no connection, the FA120 lights are "on" but no network. I tested all my adapters and network jacks, they are fine.

I re-zipperd again, this third time everything appeared to be O.K., after the double reboot from the zipper I could telnet in, run the script, and reboot. I then checked the connection and I could telnet, Tivo Web, etc. Figuring I was done, I moved the Tivo and lost all connectivity again.

When I look at the rc.sysinit.author after the script, for which I installed TWP, the following is listed ;
######### One-time Zipper network setup. May be deleted. ####################################
mount -o remount,rw /
tivosh /hacks/network.tcl 192.168.2.200 192.168.2.1
mount -o remount,ro /

The network parameters are from my old router and setup. Was something not uninstalled that should have been when I re-zippered and re-tweaked, or is there a larger problem since I tried to unistall the script and re-install several times without success? Can I change those network values to the correct ones by editing the file and FTPing them back?
FTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 08:27 AM   #2474
JWThiers
Smartypants

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTD
I am trying to fix my inability to network one of my Tivos. I had posted this as its own thread, but there has been no reply. Basically my Zippered Tivo crashed after trying to MRV between my units. I was unable to telnet or serial in to the unit, but the hacks were there. To try and recover, I re-zippered, was able to get a bash prompt (it was already the colored version from the original tweak), ran the tweaks script, and rebooted. It seemed fine until I unplugged and moved the Tivo back to the family room. Once it booted up again no connection, the FA120 lights are "on" but no network. I tested all my adapters and network jacks, they are fine.

I re-zipperd again, this third time everything appeared to be O.K., after the double reboot from the zipper I could telnet in, run the script, and reboot. I then checked the connection and I could telnet, Tivo Web, etc. Figuring I was done, I moved the Tivo and lost all connectivity again.

When I look at the rc.sysinit.author after the script, for which I installed TWP, the following is listed ;
######### One-time Zipper network setup. May be deleted. ####################################
mount -o remount,rw /
tivosh /hacks/network.tcl 192.168.2.200 192.168.2.1
mount -o remount,ro /

The network parameters are from my old router and setup. Was something not uninstalled that should have been when I re-zippered and re-tweaked, or is there a larger problem since I tried to unistall the script and re-install several times without success? Can I change those network values to the correct ones by editing the file and FTPing them back?
Try the wiki here ,also Instead of ftp'ing the author file bvack and forth consider using either vi or joe to edit while on the tivo. There is less of a chance of (read NO Chance) of messing up the file format (unix vs dos) that way.
Old 06-25-2007, 04:07 PM   #2475
FTD

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWThiers
Try the wiki here ,also Instead of ftp'ing the author file bvack and forth consider using either vi or joe to edit while on the tivo. There is less of a chance of (read NO Chance) of messing up the file format (unix vs dos) that way.
Thanks, and good call on reminding me about joe , I was able to change my parameters in rc.sysinit.author and by running net-launch.sh. Upon reboot the settings are still there, I hope they stay.
FTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 05:12 PM   #2476
dlmcmurr

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTD
Thanks, and good call on reminding me about joe , I was able to change my parameters in rc.sysinit.author and by running net-launch.sh. Upon reboot the settings are still there, I hope they stay.
I recently re-enhanced one of mine that was done over a year ago and had the same problem. It wanted to use the gateway for the dns and that just didn't get it for my linksys router. It needs a real dns. I'd set the new parameters in TWP, then on reboot they were gone again. Joe took care of the problem for me, too.

Dave

As of 11/2012 now with Dish (2 Hoppers/2 Joeys)
4 x S2 dTiVos zippered 6/06, 8/06, 1/07 & 8/07
TiVo'd since 03/2006
dlmcmurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 04:48 PM   #2477
technojunkie

How about a little on my FTP issues since running the latest script when I try to access TivoWebPlus directory I'm told:

550 directory change failed; permission denied

It never did that in the past.

Addendum:

It turns out there is something wrong with version of TWP in the script. After downloading the latest version all FTP functionality has returned.

Who would have figured that something was wrong with the script.

Last edited by technojunkie : 06-29-2007 at 08:19 PM.
Old 08-17-2007, 01:32 PM   #2478
MurrayW
Murray

Quote:
Originally Posted by technojunkie
How about a little on my FTP issues since running the latest script when I try to access TivoWebPlus directory I'm told:

550 directory change failed; permission denied

It never did that in the past.

Addendum:

It turns out there is something wrong with version of TWP in the script. After downloading the latest version all FTP functionality has returned.

Who would have figured that something was wrong with the script.
I will have to give that a try tonight. Last night I re-ran tweak.sh on an HR10-250 running 6.3c that I hacked about 1 year ago. I did it mainly to update to the latest TWP. When I first ran it the script stopped in a few places because there wasn't enough space. After deleting some archived files and clearing up the space, the script completed successfully (or at least that is what it said!).

I was able to telnet into the TiVo, but could not open TWP. With telnet I was able to go to the TWP folder and look at the files inside that folder, but using ftp, I was not able to get inside the TWP folder. The permissions on that folder were different than the other folders. When I tried to start or restart TWP from telnet, I got an error message stating that some web service was already running.

I appreciate you posting back on what fixed your problem and hopefully it will fix mine as well. There must be something else unique about your and my environment, because others have succesfully used this script to update their systems in the past few months. In fact, I successfully used this script a few weeks ago to update one of my other HR10-250's!

thanks,
Murray
MurrayW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 04:00 PM   #2479
technojunkie

I just sliced in 6.3e and ended up with the same problem with TWP. Once I FTP'd it back into the TiVo all was fine.

Then I tried rerunning Superpatch. Same problem, so I FTP'd in a new copy and it at least tried to work. I say tried because it errored on 6.3e not being compatible.

I don't know what the issue is but when you let tweak download the latest version there are issues.
Old 08-17-2007, 04:51 PM   #2480
MurrayW
Murray

Quote:
I just sliced in 6.3e and ended up with the same problem with TWP. Once I FTP'd it back into the TiVo all was fine.

Then I tried rerunning Superpatch. Same problem, so I FTP'd in a new copy and it at least tried to work. I say tried because it errored on 6.3e not being compatible.

I don't know what the issue is but when you let tweak download the latest version there are issues.
Just to make sure I completely understand everything, when you say you FTP your TWP version into your TiVo, all you are doing is replacing the current TWP folder on the TiVo with the newest one? Is there an untarring process in there? If yes, what is the command? I am a windows guy and pretty much a unix dummy!

thanks,
Murray
Old 08-17-2007, 05:25 PM   #2481
HellFish
I can dress myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MurrayW
Just to make sure I completely understand everything, when you say you FTP your TWP version into your TiVo, all you are doing is replacing the current TWP folder on the TiVo with the newest one? Is there an untarring process in there? If yes, what is the command? I am a windows guy and pretty much a unix dummy!

thanks,
Murray
Go to the TWP site and read the instructions here for details. It's easy... Make sure your tivo is in RW mode, then use the update link in TWP. When you update, you'll be uploading the file you download from the TWP site, no untarring is needed. You don't need to FTP the file to the Tivo, TWP can upload it from your Windows machine. If you have further questions, maybe you should try the TWP 2.0 thread for answers.

Quote:
... Then I tried rerunning Superpatch. Same problem, so I FTP'd in a new copy and it at least tried to work. I say tried because it errored on 6.3e not being compatible.

See this post for the updated patches. Since the patches are in different locations, I don't think the superpatch will work with 6.3e, until someone modifies it.
Old 08-17-2007, 05:57 PM   #2482
MurrayW
Murray

Quote:
Originally Posted by HellFish
Go to the TWP site and read the instructions here for details. It's easy... Make sure your tivo is in RW mode, then use the update link in TWP. ...
Can't start TWP so can't use the update link there.

I have to do it the "old fashioned" way.

Murray
Old 08-17-2007, 06:56 PM   #2483
rbautch
User

The latest version of the script now has patch locations for 6.3e. Since the the script is usually run right after running the Zipper, it expects to find a /zipper_flag file before it will patch your tivoapp. So if you choose to run the script strictly to patch your tivoapp, run this command first to create the flag:
Code:
 touch /zipper_flag

or

Old 08-18-2007, 07:58 AM   #2484
falstaffpac

I just sliced my HDTivo up to 6.3e, ran the enhancement script and received the following error:

/enhancements/start-e.sh: line 232: syntax error near unexpected token 'else'
/enhancements/start-e.sh: line 232: ' else'

The script then ends. I'm going to try and bypass the start-e.sh and patch tivoapp manually, I just wanted you to be aware of the error I'm getting on my end.

Aaron
falstaffpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 08:43 AM   #2485
jmw86069

I have the same issue as falstaffpac.

I got stuck in the middle, trying to apply the patch manually and screwed something up in the copy/paste. (For some reason didn't just edit and create a new sub-script.)

Will try to rezipper then reinstall.

General symptom seems like some extra returns are added (dos2unix could fix it.) But since the script itself does the download, it shouldn't be introduced on our end.

So I guess two ways to get around the issue?
1) Update start-e.sh so it ignores that whole TiVo version section (just apply the patches you need without all the if's)
2) Update tweak.sh so it runs dos2unix before it runs.

Will report back.
jmw86069 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 09:20 AM   #2486
jmw86069

Sorry, dropping out of the troubleshooting on this one, I rebooted after manually applying start-e.sh lines, and it works...

So I'm not going to rezipper and re-run unless I have other issues. Other TiVo issues I mean -- I got plenty of issues otherwise!

rbautch, you the man. Thanks for all the effort, and for the continued support.
jmw86069 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 09:32 AM   #2487
rbautch
User

Sorry guys, I introduced a typo right before I uploaded the new file. Should be fixed now. You don't have to pull your drive, just rerun the script.

or

Old 08-19-2007, 01:08 PM   #2488
MurrayW
Murray

Quote:

I FTP'd the latest TWP into my TiVo then untarred it
Code:
tar -zvxf tivowebplus-v2.0.0-070804.tgz
and TWP is now working.

Thanks for the help technojunkie!

Murray
Old 08-19-2007, 01:23 PM   #2489
Soapm

Quote:
Originally Posted by MurrayW
I FTP'd the latest TWP into my TiVo then untarred it
Code:
tar -zvxf tivowebplus-v2.0.0-070804.tgz
and TWP is now working.

Thanks for the help technojunkie!

Murray
This is the same thing I had to do. For some reason either SApper or Tweak makes the TivoWebPlus directory unaccessible. I tried every command I could find and it always said it was not a directory. I just take a fresh download and unzip it over the top and presto, everything works.
Soapm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 07:30 AM   #2490
bmerri19

fakecall troubles

Hi,

I seem to be having some issue with fakecall working. DTV says my one of my two hacked Tivos hasn't called in.

I checked both rc.sysinit.author files (I have the file listed in two places on both Tivo's: /etc/rc.d/rc.sysinit.author
and /enhancements/rc.sysinit.author) and both have the two "route add" statements, but they are not commented out. Should they be?

Both Tivo's are non-zippered (old school hacked), and using tweak.sh for upgrades. Would re-running tweak.sh get a new version that fixes the rc.sysinit.author file?

Thanks,
Brian
bmerri19 is offline   Reply With Quote