TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 08-07-2007, 08:05 PM   #31
TokyoShoe
Frustrated TiVoHD'er

Quote:
Originally Posted by bilbo
tivopony is, jack bauer
Holy guacamole! TIVOPONY is actually JACK BAUER!
TokyoShoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 08:23 PM   #32
windracer
joined the 10k club

Dammit!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
windracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 10:56 PM   #33
Lenonn

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiVoPony
Hey everyone -

Look for a new version of TiVo Desktop to be released soon (most likely tomorrow). There are a number of new features & improvements you've asked for:

* Support for Windows Vista

* Support for DixV and Xvid formats for Web Video Conversions (wrapped in .avi or .divx containers).

* Convert individual shows from Desktop’s Now Playing list at any time, to any profile, by right-clicking.

Don't know exactly when it'll go up on tivo.com, but it won't be long.

Pony
Thank you for letting us know, TivoPony.
Lenonn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 12:26 AM   #34
client

*chants* release! release! release!
client is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 07:29 AM   #35
davezatz
Funkadelic

Get more bang for your buck by launching on any other day than Apple announcements.
davezatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 08:16 AM   #36
riddick21

Mac Support!
riddick21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 08:44 AM   #37
hvelez

Waiting

The suspense is killing me. I am dying to get Tivo in my Vista machine.

clues? clues? time?
hvelez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 09:36 AM   #38
davezatz
Funkadelic

A PR contact just confirmed a TiVo Desktop 2.5 release today. (Web page hasn't been updated yet, he didn't mention timeframe.)
Old 08-08-2007, 09:39 AM   #39
DaddyBC

get 2.5 now

Site says 2.4a still, but just click here. You can be one of the first.

http://www.tivo.com/assets/exe/tivot...Desktop2.5.exe
Old 08-08-2007, 09:52 AM   #40
dcollens

zap tivo desktop

In one of the support pages I read that if you are moving from one release to another, you should run a windows script called zaptivodesktop.

I have not been able to find this script/program.

anyone know of it's whereabouts?

Thanks,
dcollens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 10:33 AM   #41
DawnGP143

Well, I've downloaded 2.5, and tried to install it on my Windows Vista machine, and I get an error that says the program was prematurely ended. I also ran the zapper. When I run the zapper I get an error that says "This application has failed to start because BORLNDMM.DLL was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem."

The problem with that is, I cannot reinstall 2.4 on my Vista machine. So how do I get this new program running???

Thanks in advance to any who can offer me a solution.
DawnGP143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 10:45 AM   #42
TokyoShoe
Frustrated TiVoHD'er

I see in 2.5 that there is a "Share Videos to your Tivo" feature. This is going to be dependent upon TivoToGo service , correct? So it will not work yet with Series 3 units?

I just want to know before I waste any time trying to get it to work.
Old 08-08-2007, 11:14 AM   #43
davezatz
Funkadelic

FYI I have successfully installed on both Vista and XP.
Old 08-08-2007, 11:15 AM   #44
wizzy
S1, (2) S2, TivoHD

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyBC
Site says 2.4a still, but just click here. You can be one of the first.

http://www.tivo.com/assets/exe/tivot...Desktop2.5.exe
I get an install error when using that .exe on Vista Ultimate (running it normally or as Admin): InstallHelper failed for message "getfp:0x001c" Error description: <there is no description>

I had removed 2.4 (which never really worked on Vista) and rebooted prior to trying the install.
wizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 11:21 AM   #45
Solver

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnGP143
Well, I've downloaded 2.5, and tried to install it on my Windows Vista machine, and I get an error that says the program was prematurely ended. I also ran the zapper. When I run the zapper I get an error that says "This application has failed to start because BORLNDMM.DLL was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem."

The problem with that is, I cannot reinstall 2.4 on my Vista machine. So how do I get this new program running???

Thanks in advance to any who can offer me a solution.
I get that as a final message if I try to install the software on my XP system without admin rights. There is however another message before that that says, "Sorry, TIVO desktop requires adminstrator rights to run the installation."

Was there another message before the one you describe?
Old 08-08-2007, 11:24 AM   #46
DawnGP143

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solver
I get that as a final message if I try to install the software on my XP system without admin rights. There is however another message before that that says, "Sorry, TIVO desktop requires adminstrator rights to run the installation."

Was there another message before the one you describe?

No, there sure wasn't. Only the message I spoke about.
Old 08-08-2007, 11:29 AM   #47
wizzy
S1, (2) S2, TivoHD

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnGP143
I also ran the zapper. When I run the zapper I get an error that says "This application has failed to start because BORLNDMM.DLL was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem."
Where'd you find the zapper?
Old 08-08-2007, 11:45 AM   #48
TokyoShoe
Frustrated TiVoHD'er

I now have it successfully installed on both my Vista Home Premium Machines.
Of course I have a Series 3 unit, so I've still got some features not showing up (which I figure are tied to TTG , hence them not working).

Just as a note for reference, I've got UAC disabled (so everything installs with Admin Rights). I also did NOT run any zapper, nor uninstall version 2.3 prior to install. 2.5 actually prompted for removal of 2.3 and performed this task fine. Install went without a hitch.
Old 08-08-2007, 11:48 AM   #49
DawnGP143

Quote:
Originally Posted by TokyoShoe
Of course I have a Series 3 unit, so I've still got some features not showing up (which I figure are tied to TTG , hence them not working).

Just as a note for reference, I've got UAC disabled (so everything installs with Admin Rights). I also did NOT run any zapper, nor uninstall version 2.3 prior to install. 2.5 actually prompted for removal of 2.3 and performed this task fine. Install went without a hitch.
Well I think that's part of my problem. I had uninstalled 2.4a when I upgraded to Vista Home Premium because it wasn't working. I didn't see much point in keeping it if it wasn't compatible. Now apparently, I have a mess.
Old 08-08-2007, 11:51 AM   #50
MichaelMI

Quote:
Originally Posted by TokyoShoe

What options do you have for TivoDesktop to use with a series 3?
Old 08-08-2007, 12:05 PM   #51
TokyoShoe
Frustrated TiVoHD'er

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelMI
What options do you have for TivoDesktop to use with a series 3?
Well that's the hitch I'm trying to figure out. I've got all the normal features that a Series 2 user would have listed. I just get "access denied" when trying to get to my TiVo Recordings on my TiVo. (I know this is TTG, and it's disabled, so I expected that.)

I do, however have a "Share videos" feature that's new from 2.3. It says I can place movies in my "Tivo Recordings" folder and they can be downloaded to the Tivo itself. Unfortunately I can't actually get my TivoHD to recognize this feature so that I CAN download movies from my Computer. Still checking on this option, to see if it's going to work or not. I fully expect it is a TTG-related feature so I just can't get it to work yet. However, it's listed in the "Music & Photos Sharing" section which actually DOES work on the Series 3's.

I'm still fiddling , will get back with what I discover.
Old 08-08-2007, 12:55 PM   #52
zeke009
yeap...

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizzy
Where'd you find the zapper?
The utility can be found at the bottom of the download page over at Tivo's site.
https://www3.tivo.com/mytivo/domore/...o/windows.html
Quote:
If you have already upgraded from Windows XP To Vista with TiVo Desktop 2.4 installed, you must run this utility before installing Desktop 2.5.

https://www3.tivo.com/assets/exe/tiv...Fix24Setup.exe
at the time of this post and this edit, the page was up and available for the 2.5 download. Unless TiVo folks are sitting and laughing at us having fun changing the page from 2.4a to 2.5 randomly!

Last edited by zeke009 : 08-08-2007 at 01:03 PM.
zeke009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 01:06 PM   #53
wizzy
S1, (2) S2, TivoHD

Quote:
I get an install error when using that .exe on Vista Ultimate (running it normally or as Admin): InstallHelper failed for message "getfp:0x001c" Error description: <there is no description>

I had removed 2.4 (which never really worked on Vista) and rebooted prior to trying the install.

Ran the tivo zapper script, and still getting the same problem. On hold waiting for tech support now.
Old 08-08-2007, 01:07 PM   #54
mtuckman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttam
I don't really care about vista, but I would love it when I can finally use tivo to go with my series 3.

That's great that it supports avi. I have great plans for that. But how about on the series 3?

For 800 (ok we got it for 600 with a rebate) you think we would get a little more support from tivo.
I am right there with you... I understand the issue with TTG and CableLabs, but I am not sure from a technical standpoint why TTCB is such an issue.

I can't believe that the S3 isn't capable of playing AVI's, and now that the Desktop software supports it this is just painful. It is a little hard to explain to the wife that this great and all powerful machine can't play our saved movies for the kids and that she has to jump through hoops to go back to the old Media PC to play them.

Alright... Patience... We are a little closer now... I hope...
mtuckman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 01:22 PM   #55
dannydp

I'm getting the need xp sp2 when the installer tries to remove the old version of the tivo desktop. I've tried Orca but I'm unable to find the uninstall msi being created anywhere. Anyone have any ideas?

This is after running that patch
dannydp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 01:36 PM   #56
wizzy
S1, (2) S2, TivoHD

Quote:
Ran the tivo zapper script, and still getting the same problem. On hold waiting for tech support now.
The tech had no clue, just read through scripts and the same things I could see in the support portion of tivo.com. Said that if they saw a trend, they'd report to engineering, so I'm not optimistic that my issue will get anywhere any time soon.
Old 08-08-2007, 01:51 PM   #57
riddick21

How come nobody cares about mac support? Is tivo even working on this? I assume there are more mac users than vista users.
riddick21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 01:59 PM   #58
pdbreen

I'm also getting a failure during install. Sometimes a dialog appears with "Error 1722" other times, just a "Installation ended prematurely" message.

Install attempted on Vista Ultimate 64-bit. Had never tried to install 2.4 prior to this, so I didn't use the zapper.
pdbreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 02:08 PM   #59
TokyoShoe
Frustrated TiVoHD'er

Quote:
Originally Posted by riddick21
How come nobody cares about mac support? Is tivo even working on this? I assume there are more mac users than vista users.
Ever since the launch of Vista (back in what, January?).. 95% of all new PC's with any version of Windows installed on it have Windows Vista of some version installed as the only option. Based upon this, and the average steady rate of PC purchases ongoing... there is already probably a larger user base of VISTA than there is of MAC.

Of course I could just be pulling numbers out of my a$$, but that logic seems to make sense to me in my head.
Old 08-08-2007, 02:25 PM   #60
wizzy
S1, (2) S2, TivoHD

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdbreen
I'm also getting a failure during install. Sometimes a dialog appears with "Error 1722" other times, just a "Installation ended prematurely" message.
I also have seen the two different errors. Log files show the following:

Action start 14:18:26: InstallHelper.
MSI (c) (B8:80) [14:18:26:583]: Note: 1: 1722 2: InstallHelper 3: C:\Users\wizzy\AppData\Local\Temp\MSIF387.tmp 4: /stop /remove /install /start
DEBUG: Error 2835: The control ErrorIcon was not found on dialog ErrorDialog
Internal Error 2835. ErrorIcon, ErrorDialog
MSI (c) (B8:80) [14:18:32:140]: Product: TiVo Desktop 2.5 -- Error 1722. There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected. Contact your support personnel or package vendor. Action InstallHelper, location: C:\Users\wizzy\AppData\Local\Temp\MSIF387.tmp, command: /stop /remove /install /start

Action ended 14:18:32: InstallHelper. Return value 3.
MSI (c) (B8:80) [14:18:32:150]: Doing action: Fatal_Error
--------------------------------------------

MSI (c) (8C!F0) [13:46:02:034]: Product: TiVo Desktop 2.5 -- InstallHelper message processing failed for message "getfp:0x001c" Error description:

Action ended 13:46:02: GetLocalAppDataPathCmd2. Return value 3.
MSI (c) (8C:6C) [13:46:02:045]: Doing action: Fatal_Error