TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Underground Playground > TiVo Underground
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 06-26-2007, 04:24 PM   #151
whitepelican

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlc
Here are some comments to Hitchhiker's, since you asked about configuration and what programs to run on the HR10-250.

You need to install NCID and OUT2OSD. For your setup, you need to modify one line in ncidd.conf. Uncomment the set noserial line so you have:
Code:
set noserial = 1
In your startup script, you need the following lines:
Code:
# start CallerID (NCID) and YAC Gateway
/var/hack/bin/ncidd
/var/hack/bin/tivocid &
/var/hack/bin/yac2ncid &
You should run the above commands in a terminal window first, and test it, before you add it to the TiVo startup.
Thanks for the help, JLC. I guess I wasn't expecting it to be so easy to configure. Unfortunately, I'm also getting the "Segmentation Fault" when I try to run yac2ncid.
whitepelican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 04:26 PM   #152
Hichhiker
Just me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitepelican
Thanks, Hichhiker. Just to be clear, then: I need to run all three of ncidd, ncid, and yac2ncid?

Yes, basically the data flow is:

YAC Server --> YAC2NCID -->NCIDD Server --> NCID client(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandCfilm
1. When I try to run yac2ncid I get "segmentation fault"
It sounds like you may have a bad NC executable in the path (perhaps S1 version)

Please type following commands on tivo command line:
Code:
which nc

find / -name nc

nc
and post the results here

NOTE: you may need to hit crtl-c to get out of the last one (nc)

Most likely you might have more than once NC installed and the one found by default is not compatible with your tivo. your best bet is the one that came with the busybox installation. yac2ncid.conf file has a place to hardcode the nc binary you want to use.

Quote:
2. Following VoIP setup when I try to run ncidsip I get
I am sorry if I misled you here, but the only thing you want from VoIP setup is how to disable modem (see John's post above) - You do not need ncidsip unless you are actually using it. The reason I brought it up is because it is another configuration that is not using the modem.

-HH
Hichhiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 04:41 PM   #153
whitepelican

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hichhiker
It sounds like you may have a bad NC executable in the path (perhaps S1 version)

Please type following commands on tivo command line:

which nc

find / -name nc

nc

and post the results here

NOTE: you may need to hit crtl-c to get out of the last one (nc)

Most likely you might have more than once NC installed and the one found by default is not compatible with your tivo. your best bet is the one that came with the busybox installation. yac2ncid.conf file has a place to hardcode the nc binary you want to use.

-HH
Since I am also experiencing the segmentation fault, I tried your ideas above regarding nc. I found that I only have the busybox version installed and it is located in /tivo-bin (which is in my path). Just for fun, I hardcoded the NETCAT and NETCAT_TYPE in yac2ncid.conf to point to the correct path and busybox version. That didn't seem to help, either, as I'm still getting the segmentation fault when I run yac2ncid. Any other ideas?
Old 06-26-2007, 05:01 PM   #154
Hichhiker
Just me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitepelican
Since I am also experiencing the segmentation fault, I tried your ideas above regarding nc. I found that I only have the busybox version installed and it is located in /tivo-bin (which is in my path). Just for fun, I hardcoded the NETCAT and NETCAT_TYPE in yac2ncid.conf to point to the correct path and busybox version. That didn't seem to help, either, as I'm still getting the segmentation fault when I run yac2ncid. Any other ideas?
Do you get segmentation fault when you are running nc directly?

-HH
Old 06-26-2007, 05:56 PM   #155
whitepelican

Quote:
Do you get segmentation fault when you are running nc directly?

-HH
You've got me there. I have no idea who or what nc is, or how to use nc directly, so I'm not sure. If I just type "nc" with no options, it just gives me the usage.
Old 06-26-2007, 06:37 PM   #156
RandCfilm

Quote:
Code:
which nc

find / -name nc

nc
Code:

Here are the results, and /tivo-bin is in rc.sysinit.author path command. Using Alphawolf's All-In-One package.
Code:
Porta's HDTiVo /var/tmp# which nc
/tivo-bin/nc
Porta's HDTiVo /var/tmp# find / -name nc
/tivo-bin/nc
Porta's HDTiVo /var/tmp# nc
BusyBox v1.2.1 (2006.10.21-02:27+0000) multi-call binary

Usage: nc [OPTIONS] [IP] [port]

Netcat opens a pipe to IP:port

Options:
        -l              listen mode, for inbound connects
        -p PORT         local port number
        -i SECS         delay interval for lines sent
        -e PROG         program to exec after connect (dangerous!)
        -w SECS         timeout for connects and final net reads

Porta's HDTiVo /var/tmp#

(1) HR10-250 320GB 6.4a
(3) HR21 (2) with AM21 & internal 2TB Seagate
RandCfilm
RandCfilm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 07:27 PM   #157
Hichhiker
Just me.

RandCfilm or whitepelican,

Can you do me a favor,
Add "set -x" to second line (one bellow #!/bin/bash) of yac2ncid and run it manually, PM me the output. You can undo the change afterwards

Unfortunately I do not have a HD Tivo so I will need to rely on your help to troubleshoot it

Thanks

-HH
Old 06-26-2007, 07:32 PM   #158
RandCfilm

Quote:
yac2ncid needs a supported version of 'nc' binary and most known versions are supported and should work without config changes. In a rare case, you may need to deal with nc binary/ (Zipper installs busybox which includes a compatible nc, btw)-HH
I downloaded the zipper file and pulled the busybox.tar and extracted that on the TiVo, I find no nc and 'find / -name nc' still only shows /tivo-bin/nc.
(1) HR10-250 320GB 6.4a
RandCfilm
Old 06-26-2007, 07:42 PM   #159
whitepelican

Mine looks pretty much like RandCfilm's.

Code:
<HR10-250>/var/hack/bin: /var/hack/bin/yac2ncid
++ basename /var/hack/bin/yac2ncid
+ ME=yac2ncid
+ ME=yac2ncid
+++ dirname /var/hack/bin/yac2ncid
++ cd /var/hack/bin
++ pwd -P
+ MYDIR=/var/hack/bin
+ PIDFILE=/var/run/yac2ncid.7679.ncpid
+ trap dienice INT TERM EXIT
Segmentation fault
<HR10-250>/var/hack/bin:

Old 06-26-2007, 07:59 PM   #160
Hichhiker
Just me.

Quote:
I downloaded the zipper file and pulled the busybox.tar and extracted that on the TiVo, I find no nc and 'find / -name nc' still only shows /tivo-bin/nc.
You can stop worrying about nc, looks like its a bash issue. Let me look into it and post a fix.
Old 06-26-2007, 08:35 PM   #161
Hichhiker
Just me.

Quote:
You can stop worrying about nc, looks like its a bash issue. Let me look into it and post a fix.
I was able to replicate this on my tivo.

Attached is a fix. Replace the yac2ncid file with one contained in the zip file.

Let me know how this works out.

NOTE: This version is meant to replace one found in 0.68.1 release of the files and will be removed as soon as next version of NCID is released. Do not apply this over any other NCID distribution.
Attached Files
File Type: zip yac2ncid-1.0a.zip (1.9 KB, 21 views)

Last edited by Hichhiker : 06-27-2007 at 12:48 PM.
Old 06-26-2007, 09:01 PM   #162
RandCfilm

Quote:
I was able to replicate this on my tivo.

Attached is a fix. Replace the yac2ncid file with one contained in the zip file.

Let me know how this works out.
Nice work and FAST! And best of all the screens on HME are not messed up.
(1) HR10-250 320GB 6.4a
RandCfilm
Old 06-27-2007, 06:38 AM   #163
100Tbps

Quote:
Does NCID / NCIDD mess with HME screens? I'm looking into HME and trying to figure out where to start. I finally just got NCID / NCIDD posting caller-id (seemed to work fine with 6.3b, 6.3c things were messed up again).

Not to drift too far off-topic, but can you start a new thread or place a link here to another one describing if you went with JavaHMO or were able to get Galleon working?
100Tbps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 10:11 AM   #164
whitepelican

Quote:
Ditto. Seems to be running perfectly now. Thanks for all your work on this, Hichhiker and JLC.
Old 08-09-2007, 10:13 PM   #165
headcase

OK, I'm stuck and need some help.

I've successfully set up the latest version of ncid and tivoncid to run on my primary zippered Series 2, and I can also successfully run tivoncid on my second zippered Series 2 box, pointing back to the first box.

But when I try to run tivoncid on my PTVnet (non-zippered) HR-250 w/6.3d, it gives me the following:

bash-2.02# ls
cidalias cidcall cidupdate ncid tivocid tivoncid yac2ncid
bash-2.02# tivoncid 192.168.15.163 &
bash: tivoncid: command not found
[1] 1014
bash-2.02#
headcase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 10:42 PM   #166
Hichhiker
Just me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by headcase
OK, I'm stuck and need some help.

I've successfully set up the latest version of ncid and tivoncid to run on my primary zippered Series 2, and I can also successfully run tivoncid on my second zippered Series 2 box, pointing back to the first box.

But when I try to run tivoncid on my PTVnet (non-zippered) HR-250 w/6.3d, it gives me the following:

bash-2.02# ls
cidalias cidcall cidupdate ncid tivocid tivoncid yac2ncid
bash-2.02# tivoncid 192.168.15.163 &
bash: tivoncid: command not found
[1] 1014
bash-2.02#
most likely your current directory is not in the path. Your choices are:

1 - add current directory to the path (i.e. export PATH=%PATH:/path/to/binary/ - should be done somewhere where it is done on every boot - i.e. rc.sysinit.author file or similar)

2 - move binaries to a directory in the path

3 - call the binary by absolute name (i.e. /path/to/binary/tivoncid)

4 - call the binary by relative name (i.e. ./tivoncid inside the right directory)

Alternatively your tivoncid may not be executable, make it so (chmod +x tivoncid)

Good luck.

-HH
Old 08-10-2007, 06:40 PM   #167
kkluba

JLC and Hitch and anyone else that contributed..

Thanks!

I've used YAC on my home network for quite a while and always liked the simplicity of setup and use. Even my wife can use it.

I've had NCID working on my HDTivo before but that damn modem causes stability issues (at least for me it did). The feature set of NCID has always been impressive.

And now you guys have married the two and voila, CID works like a charm and is stable. After a few tweaks of the out2osd.conf I have both my HDTivo's dialed in displaying CID perfectly. Thanks, thanks, thanks. While it may seem like a trivial add-on once you get used to it there is no going back. We watch tv and movies mostly in our home theater where it is dark and the phone doesn't display easily what is coming in. Hell just remembering to bring the phone is a miracle.

The only thing I can recommend is putting ncidd, out2osd, tivocid, tivoncid, yac2ncid and basically anything and everything people might want to run this in one tarball and instruct them to copy it /var and tar it off. Also I'd just have all the executables extract to /var/hack/bin but maybe that's just me. i only suggest these things to ease the simple support questions that always come your way. Hell since I didn't read and docs maybe I better check the instuctions before blabbing.

Thanks again guys, very nice.
kkluba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 04:25 PM   #168
Hichhiker
Just me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkluba
The only thing I can recommend is putting ncidd, out2osd, tivocid, tivoncid, yac2ncid and basically anything and everything people might want to run this in one tarball and instruct them to copy it /var and tar it off. Also I'd just have all the executables extract to /var/hack/bin but maybe that's just me. i only suggest these things to ease the simple support questions that always come your way. Hell since I didn't read and docs maybe I better check the instuctions before blabbing.
John is working on something that will blow the doors off of that idea and may even completely change Tivo hacking as we know it... but I probably said too much ;-)

-HH
Old 08-15-2007, 07:12 PM   #169
Soapm

Quote:
John is working on something that will blow the doors off of that idea and may even completely change Tivo hacking as we know it... but I probably said too much ;-)

-HH
Note to self... Lock doors.
Soapm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 08:17 AM   #170
kkluba

Quote:

-HH
Ok the cats out of the bag. Now you have to pony up. Whatdoya have? Come on let us know..
kkluba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 07:46 AM   #171
djl25
C64 hacker

cidrss module for TivoWebPlus

If anyone running 6.2 wants easy access to their caller-id history, they can use my cidrss module for TivoWebPlus. It reads the NCID log (or elseed, if you're using that) and outputs it as a feed which can be sent to any computer, or back to your tivo via JavaHMO. There's now a link for it on the NCID page, or go directly to my software page here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100Tbps
Not to drift too far off-topic, but can you start a new thread or place a link here to another one describing if you went with JavaHMO or were able to get Galleon working?

djl25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 01:16 PM   #172
OOOOPS!

Greetings,
I'm trying to run yac2ncid on S1S1 from /hack instead of /var/hack. Ithing i've'edited the all the needed files, but when I start yac2ncid I receive the error:
PHP Code:
# /hack/bin/./yac2ncid -v
/hack/bin/./yac2ncidbasenamecommand not found
/hack/bin/./yac2nciddirnamecommand not found
Enabling verbose mode due to command line option
Auto-detecting the netcat type
Detected *Hobbitversion of netcat
Using Hobbit settings...
Listening for new connections
/tivo-bin/ncerror in loading shared libraries
undefined symbolgetservbyport
/hack/bin/./yac2ncidkill: (410) - No such pid 
I cannot find basename or dirname for a S1, and have no idea what
PHP Code:
means.
Thanks
OOOOPS!
OOOOPS! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 02:19 PM   #173
Hichhiker
Just me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OOOOPS!
Greetings,
I'm trying to run yac2ncid on S1S1 from /hack instead of /var/hack. Ithing i've'edited the all the needed files, but when I start yac2ncid I receive the error:
PHP Code:
# /hack/bin/./yac2ncid -v
/hack/bin/./yac2ncidbasenamecommand not found
/hack/bin/./yac2nciddirnamecommand not found
Enabling verbose mode due to command line option
Auto-detecting the netcat type
Detected *Hobbitversion of netcat
Using Hobbit settings...
Listening for new connections
/hack/bin/./yac2ncidkill: (410) - No such pid 
I cannot find basename or dirname for a S1, and have no idea what
PHP Code:
means.
Thanks
OOOOPS!
It looks like many basic utilities are missing - which is normal for stock tivos - and the netcat version you have is not fully functional. No worries though - your best bet is to install busybox for S1 tivo and make sure it is in the path before you start yac2ncid. Busybox will include its own netcat as well.

-HH
Old 11-02-2007, 03:59 PM   #174
OOOOPS!

the latest busybox I've been able to find for an s1 is busybox-1.00-tivo-s1.tar.gz at http://marc-abramowitz.com/download/tivo/
anyone know of a more recent version like AW all in one for the S2's
Thanks
OOOOPS! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 11:25 PM   #175
jlc

NCID version 0.69 has been released.

It includes a new SIP gateway, sip2ncid, to replace ncidsip so Perl is no longer required. VoIP support for the TiVo is available when the package is installed. Check out the Release Notes for other improvements and fixes. This is the first release of sip2ncid in the wild, so there may be some problems.

You should look at the Setup-sip2ncid file on the ncid page, not the home page, to see how to configure sip2ncid and ncidd. The FAQ should also help. The hardest part is that you may have to configure your network and check a couple of SIP Invite ports.

On my home LAN, SIP packets were on port 6051, but are now on port 10000. This is for Vonage using a Linksys RT31P2 router. The computer running sip2ncid had to be in the DMZ zone, in order to receive the SIP packets. Port forwarding did not work.

You need to be very careful if you put a TiVo in a router DMZ zone. Make sure your telnet and ftp is password protected, better yet use ssh.

If anyone uses SIP on the TiVo, please provide feedback giving the VoIP company name, the SIP port, the phone hardware, and the network setup.

I should soon release a package of NCID that uses a package manager to install and update it. It will also contain ssh and other Linux utilities. Adding, removing, and updating packages should be very easy.
Old 11-09-2007, 11:57 AM   #176
Markman07

I have been using Packet8 (VOIP) for a few years so I didn't even think about trying to get this or anything else like it to work with my DirectvTivos (A few Directv Series 2 and one HR10-250). I got my first HR20-100/700 receiver this last summer. Knowing that the HR20 by default has Caller ID I decided to try it. It worked! CAller ID on the screen when using the HR20 and Packet8 Voip.

Yesterday I started looking to spread the fun to my HR10-250. I have all my units hacked with the Zipper. I scanned over this thread. I uninstalled the script included with the Zipper and reran the install to include the NCID installation. I tried it and WHOAAA Caller ID on my HR10-250 with no really no thinking on my part! ;-) You can't ask for more!

I installed the NCIDPOP (CLIENT) on a few of my Windows XP and Windows Vista PCs. It works on there too!

Of course I have one problem and a question.

Looking at the CIDCALL.log file via Tivowebplus shows no history of calls and a file size of zero.

I installed the Tivowebplus add-on (post 171 above). When I click on the Caller-ID link there it comes back with an error -

"INTERNAL SERVER ERROR
--cut here--
action_cidrss '' 'set "view" "web";'
invalid command name "bodytext"
while executing
"bodytext "Caller-ID History""
(procedure "MOD::action_cidrss" line 85)
invoked from within
"$cmd $p1 $p2 $p3"
(procedure "do_action" line 19)
invoked from within
"do_action $action $chan $part $env 1"
--cut here--
-------------

Anyone have any ideas on my two issues? Configuration issue? My issue?

Thanks. Otherwise this is such an awesome add-on for my HR10-250 and my PC's!

Inventory to Follow....

1 HR10-250 (Zippered - Thanks Gunny)
2 Directivo Series 2 (Zippered - Hey Gunny...Thanks)
1 HR20 - Like it but locks up too much)
Score Tivo 3 - Other HD DVR 1
Markman07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 01:49 PM   #177
jlc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markman07

Of course I have one problem and a question.

Looking at the CIDCALL.log file via Tivowebplus shows no history of calls and a file size of zero.

I installed the Tivowebplus add-on (post 171 above). When I click on the Caller-ID link there it comes back with an error -

"INTERNAL SERVER ERROR
--cut here--
action_cidrss '' 'set "view" "web";'
invalid command name "bodytext"
while executing
"bodytext "Caller-ID History""
(procedure "MOD::action_cidrss" line 85)
invoked from within
"$cmd $p1 $p2 $p3"
(procedure "do_action" line 19)
invoked from within
"do_action $action $chan $part $env 1"
The ncidd server will not create a log file, if one does not exist. You indicated the name was CIDCALL.log when the name should be cidcall.log (all lowercase). Maybe
that is the problem. If not, check ncidd.conf and make sure the name or location of the cidcall.log file did not change.

The tcl script error message you posted seems to indicate a problem with the module. Hopefully djl25 can help you with it.
Old 11-09-2007, 01:58 PM   #178
BTUx9
back?

actually, it looks like you're not running TWP2... the module only works on TWP2
(TWP2 released since 8/07, to be more precise)

Last edited by BTUx9 : 11-09-2007 at 02:06 PM.
BTUx9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 02:05 PM   #179
Markman07

Sorry I was just using all caps for emphasis..sorry forget Linux/Unix is case sensitive. Yes it is all lowercase. I let it install using Rbautch's script and it worked right away with no further action needed on the HR10-250.

Yes I am running TWP2 (from the latest Zipper / Rbautch Script) V2.0.0.

The Zipper or Script appears to have created a folder ncid_settings in the root directory. In that I have a handful of files..

ncid.conf, ncidd.alias, ncidd.conf, ncidscript.conf, ncidrotate.conf, ncidsip.

Here is contents of my NCIDD.conf file:

Code:
# NCID - Network CallerID Server Config File

################################
# Definitions and Line formats #
################################

# lines can be blank, or start with the words: send, set #
#
# A line is divided into words, separated by spaces
#
# A word is either a string of non-blank characters, everything
# between double quotes, or an equal sign.
#
# SEND LINE FORMAT:
#   send DATATYPE [DATATYPE] ...
#        where DATATYPE = cidlog, cidinfo
#
# SET LINE FORMAT:
#   set ITEM = VALUE [ITEM = VALUE] ...
#       where ITEM = cidalias, cidlog, datalog, initcid, initstr,
#                    lockfile, port, ttyclocal, ttyport, ttyspeed,
#                    nomodem, noserial, verbose

##########################
# Log file verbose level #
##########################

# Set the verbose level
# The default value is 1, the range is 1-9
# set verbose = 3

############################
# Log and Info for Clients #

# Send the call log to a client when connected
# The default is not to send the call log file
send cidlog

# Send call info (LINE and RING) to a client at each ring
# The default is not to send the call info line
send cidinfo

# NCID Communications Port #

# The default TCP/IP port is 3333
# set port = 3333

#######################
# Alias and Log Files #
#######################

# The default CID alias file: /etc/ncid/ncidd.alias
# set cidalias = /etc/ncid/ncidd.alias

# The default CID call log file: /var/log/cidcall.log
# the log file must exist, ncidd will not create it
# (also make the change in /etc/logrotate.d/ncidd
#  and also /etc/ncid/ncidrotate.conf)
 set cidlog = /var/log/cidcall.log

# The default tty data log file: /var/log/ciddata.log
# the log file must exist, ncidd will not create it
#  (also make the change in /etc/logrotate.d/ncidd
#   and also /etc/ncid/ncidrotate.conf)
# set datalog = /var/log/ciddata.log

#####################
# TTY Configuration #
#####################

# The default tty port: /dev/modem
# set ttyport = /dev/cu.modem # Macintosh OS X
# set ttyport = /dev/ttyS0

# The default tty port speed: 19200
# The tty speed can be one of: 38400, 19200, 9600, 4800
# set ttyspeed = 4800 # NetCallerID port speed

# Ignore tty control signals for internal modems and 3 wire serial cables
#   Disable tty control signals: ttyclocal = 1
#   Enable tty control signals: ttyclocal = 0 (default)
# set ttyclocal = 1

# The lockfile name is generated automatically
# If tty port is /dev/modem, lockfile is: /var/lock/LCK..modem
# set lockfile = /var/lock/LCK..ttyS0

#######################
# Serial or No Serial #
#######################

# Require a serial device for startup.  This is useful if you are
# using a network based plugin
#  network: noserial = 1 (do not try to initialize a serial port)
#  serial: noserial = 0 (default - Look for a serial port)
# set noserial = 1

#####################
# Modem or No Modem #
#####################

# Obtain CallerID from a CID device or a modem
#  device: nomodem = 1 (do not send AT commands)
#  modem: nomodem = 0 (default - send AT commands)
# set nomodem = 1

########################
# Modem Initialization #
########################

# The default modem initialization is: "AT Z S0=0 E1 V1 Q0"
# set initstr = "ATE1V1Q0"
#
# Alternate modem initialization string
# set initstr = "AT&FE1V1Q0+VIP"

# The U.S.Robotics USR5631 56K Faxmodem has a +GCI command to set the
# country code to adjust parameters for a particular telephone network
# (perhaps other modems do also).  See the following on how to set +GCI
#   http://www.usr.com/support/5631/5631-ug/generic.htm
#   doc/Modem-init (has a copy of the information needed to set +GCI)

# Addon strings to set modem for Distinctive Ring:
#   http://www.modemsite.com/56k/dring.asp
#
# 3Com/USR/TI chipset: ATS41=1
#   Reported Ring Codes: RING A, RING B, RING C
# Rockwell/Conexant chipset: AT-SDR=7
#   Reported Ring Codes: RING 1, RING 2, RING 3
# Lucent/Agere chipset: AT+VDR=1,0
#   Reported DROF/DRON messages: DRON=5 DROF=11, DRON=5 DROF=34
#
# Example adds 3Com DR to the default modem initialization
# set initstr = "ATE1V1Q0S41=1"

# The default for ncidd is to try two CID strings to setup
# CallerID: "AT+VCID=1" and if that fails: "AT#CID=1".
# set initcid = "AT#CID=1"
#
# Alternate CID strings to try if default does not work:
# set initcid = "AT+FCLASS=8;+VCID=1"
# set initcid = "AT-STE=1;+VCID=1"
# set initcid = "AT-STE=1;#CID=1"

#################
# TiVo Settings #
#################
set ttyclocal = 1 # TiVo requires CLOCAL
set ttyport = /dev/ttyS1 # TiVo Modem Port
set lockfile = /var/tmp/modemlock # needed for TiVo Modem Port
#
# To use a modem on the TiVo serial port
#   Tivo (stereo mini jack) ->
#   -> (stereo mini plug) TiVo serial cable (9-pin male) ->
#   -> (9-pin Female) PC modem cable (25-pin Male ->
#   -> (25-pin Female) Modem
# if the modem has switches, disable DTR
# Use this string to set the modem before attaching it to the TiVo:
#   AT&F0&D0&B1&W
#
# set ttyport = /dev/ttyS3 # TiVo Serial Port
#
# End TiVo Settings
I did notice the line set cidlog = /var/log/cidcall.log had a # in front of it and removed the #. Maybe the file will be created now? I am not a pro with this stuff so I hope the real brains here can help! :-)

Inventory to Follow....

1 HR10-250 (Zippered - Thanks Gunny)
2 Directivo Series 2 (Zippered - Hey Gunny...Thanks)
1 HR20 - Like it but locks up too much)
Score Tivo 3 - Other HD DVR 1
Markman07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 05:24 PM   #180
BTUx9
back?

there's a fair chance that the zipper you used has an older bundle...
try to update to the latest TWP2 bundle (you should be able to use the Update module from within TWP)
BTUx9 is offline   Reply With Quote