TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 03-31-2007, 06:49 PM   #1201
CuriousMark
Forum Denizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScaryMike
Is there a way to get the Tivo desktop to still serve up photos and mp3s (music photos and more), but not show a server on the now playing list? Now that I'm using tivo.net, I no longer need that server listed, but still want to be able to use the photo features of tivo desktop.
Just empty out the My TiVo Recordings folder on the PC.
CuriousMark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 03:19 PM   #1202
ciscokidinsf

Mystery solved! What Pipakin has been up to these days! See below:

http://www.cnettv.com/9710-1_53-26870.html

(hehe happy fools day!)

But seriously, I do hope Pipakin resurfaces soon.
ciscokidinsf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 08:24 AM   #1203
ScaryMike

This is from Pipakin's lovely wife via myspace:

"Thanks for your concern-- it will gratify him to know that people have noticed he's gone missing. He's certainly fine, but work has been taking up a rather overlarge chunk of his time. I'll pressure him to at least stop by and let people know that he's alive.

Have a good weekend!
-sarah "
ScaryMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 08:30 AM   #1204
windracer
joined the 10k club

Excellent!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
windracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 12:03 PM   #1205
MichaelK

damn that whole needing to pay the bills thing....
MichaelK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 02:36 PM   #1206
pcbguy

Okay. I have tried to install 4 different versions. I get the corrupt cab with 0.9.7a.

I also tried 0.9.1, 0.9.5, and 0.9.6 and I get an error that says "The installer has encountered an unexpected error installing this package. This may indicate a problem with this package. The error code is 2869."

I have Vista Home Premium on my laptop. I read that this should work with Vista.

Any help is appreciated.
pcbguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 02:59 PM   #1207
pcbguy

Fixed it. Disabled the UAC and tried the 0.9.6 and it installed. Just had to read a bit more.
Old 04-06-2007, 07:46 PM   #1208
vasilemj

I also am getting a corrupt cab with 0.9.7a-fixed.msi
vasilemj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 09:43 PM   #1209
windracer
joined the 10k club

That's a known problem. You'll need to try an older version.

|
Old 04-10-2007, 07:33 PM   #1210
Grimm1

Maybe if he got a flood of $5 donations that would get his attention. I don't think anyone here could argue that having this feature added to their TiVo isn't worth at least a one-time $5 donation if not more.

http://sourceforge.net/donate/index.php?group_id=187185
Grimm1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 08:07 AM   #1211
pcbguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcbguy
Fixed it. Disabled the UAC and tried the 0.9.6 and it installed. Just had to read a bit more.

Never mind! It still wouldn't work. It installed but wouldn't do anything.
Old 04-11-2007, 11:42 AM   #1212
Grimm1

I had problems getting it to work at first too. It would not stay binded to my PC's address. I ended up uninstalling IPv6 (I think that's what it was called) and that fixed my problem.
Old 04-14-2007, 05:46 PM   #1213
Swervo

I just had the latest update hit my Tivo today, and now Tivo dawt Net doesn't work quite right if I have multiple folders. Once I go into one folder, then I get that listing for every folder I've got. For instance, if I go into my generic car show folder, then back out and go to my generic comedy show folder, the generic comedy show folder shows all the files from the generic car show folder. The main folder still shows the right files, but all subfolders show the contents of the first subfolder I chose. Stopping and restarting the service resets this, as does rebooting the tivo, but once I choose one subfolder, I'm stuck.

I'm using 0.9.5a, 0.9.6 doesn't seem to want to work for me, and 0.9.7 has the corrupted CAB. Anyone else seeing this, or know of a workaround?

In the meantime, I've got a lot of experience with open source software and I'm moving into a dawt Net developer role at work (I've been developing for years in other languages), so I'll see what I can figure out for it as well.

Just in case, apologies for "dawt", but I'm being filtered on the "URL" thing. That filter could use some regex tweaking...
Swervo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 06:31 PM   #1214
Grimm1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swervo
I just had the latest update hit my Tivo today, and now Tivo dawt Net doesn't work quite right if I have multiple folders. Once I go into one folder, then I get that listing for every folder I've got. For instance, if I go into my generic car show folder, then back out and go to my generic comedy show folder, the generic comedy show folder shows all the files from the generic car show folder. The main folder still shows the right files, but all subfolders show the contents of the first subfolder I chose. Stopping and restarting the service resets this, as does rebooting the tivo, but once I choose one subfolder, I'm stuck.
Does the same thing to me. I can usually clear it by going back out to the NPL and selecting a recorded show so that I can see the shows description etc. When I back out and go back onto tivo.net it seems to clear it so that I can list the contents of another folder.
Old 04-16-2007, 03:27 PM   #1215
dragonlord666

well I tried downloading this from surgeforce three times using the windows installer and all I get is that a cab file is corrupt and it cannot be used - guess I won't be using this to upload files to my tivo.

BUT thanks for trying.

Gaz
dragonlord666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 05:21 PM   #1216
greg_burns
Now in HD

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonlord666
well I tried downloading this from surgeforce three times using the windows installer and all I get is that a cab file is corrupt and it cannot be used - guess I won't be using this to upload files to my tivo.

BUT thanks for trying.

Gaz
Post #1208
greg_burns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 05:27 PM   #1217
dragonlord666

Thanks Greg, I had a look around but kept getting either bogged down in the posts or sidetracked onto threads which are not what I'm looking for.

Gaz
dragonlord666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 09:18 AM   #1218
ScaryMike

Until the developer returns, I highly suggest you all check out PyTivo. Its a bit more challangeing to set up, but it works like a charm. I've been using it for a few weeks and I'm really happy with it.

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...9&page=1&pp=30
ScaryMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 01:05 AM   #1219
turnipsun

8.3 Killed My Fun....

Well, it looks like TiVo 8.3 update has killed my subfolders in tivo.net.
All my files are in perfectly organized subfolders, and even more folders from that..

So sadly, with the 8.3 update, it has KILLED tivo.net for me..

I am sure everyone with the update is having the same problem.

I really hope someone can figure out a fix soon.. its been 2 days without tivo.net, and I am already having withdrawls..

so good luck to whoever is working on a fix..

thanks
turnipsun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 05:46 AM   #1220
Bsteenson
TiVo is no BS

Ack! Came home tonight to find new TiVo software on all three S2's and now I'm having the same folder problems as described. I can get to all my folders by backing out of the folder I want to be in (but that is displaying as another folder entirely), then going into the download screen of a file not in a folder, then backing out of that (without downloading) and I end up in the folder I wanted in the first place. Hardly an elegant solution, but at least I can get the files I need eventually.

This program has increased by enjoyment of TiVo two-fold. Please, please, one of you programmer gurus, find a way to get us back at least to where we were before the TiVo software update.
Series 2 DT (2); Series 2 (2); Series 1 (2)
Bsteenson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 11:07 AM   #1221
morac
Cat God

The issue with the subfolders is a result of a change made in the TiVo software which is now causing the TiVo to request to files in both the correct and wrong folders in some cases. This really should be fixed on TiVo's end, but I'm not holding my breath on that. A work around could be made on the PC end, but it gets tricky since it would be up to the program to figure out what is and isn't a valid request from the TiVo.

It's doable, but not trivial. Unfortunately of the 3 programs affected, only pyTiVo is still being worked on. Galleon was abandoned and Pipakin is still MIA. Fortunately both Galleon and TiVo.Net are open source (on Sourceforge) so if someone wants to they can update them.

TiVo.Net is also still missing the update to fix the problem with the transfer being deleted since the solution to that was found after Pipakin disappeared.
morac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 11:11 AM   #1222
Stu_Bee

Is it the Sub-Sub Folders causing the issue?
I transferred a couple files using Tivo.net yesterday (I have 8.3) and didn't notice any issue.

My files are all in subfolders off the root where tivo.net is looking.
Old 04-18-2007, 11:44 AM   #1223
Enrique

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu_Bee
Is it the Sub-Sub Folders causing the issue?
I transferred a couple files using Tivo.net yesterday (I have 8.3) and didn't notice any issue.

My files are all in subfolders off the root where tivo.net is looking.
No I have Sub Folders and i still get the same thing.
Enrique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 05:05 PM   #1224
Stu_Bee

Enrique: Meaning you get an error...or it works ok?
Maybe the difference is I always hit the Tivo button to get back to Now Playing after starting a transfer. (Rather than left arrowing out)
Old 04-18-2007, 06:40 PM   #1225
Enrique

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu_Bee
Enrique: Meaning you get an error...or it works ok?
Maybe the difference is I always hit the Tivo button to get back to Now Playing after starting a transfer. (Rather than left arrowing out)
I get no error when i try to go it to a sub folder it just pops me back out.
Enrique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 09:17 PM   #1226
comandercody

windracer:

I just cicked on your "My Season Passes". And I have to say, I'm impressed. Do you really watch all that *****?? And how do you "link" to your season passes to a web page?? I have 2 series 2 Tivos, den and bedroom, and I see that you "double up" on some of your fav's, just as I do. Thanks fo sharing, and also, thanks for all your posts, I have been a long time "lurker", and have read many, many of your post which have been most helpful in the past.

Series 2 311 Hours
Series 2 402 Hours
HD Tivo 98 Hours HD, 924 Hours SD
Indian Trail, NC
comandercody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 09:22 PM   #1227
windracer
joined the 10k club

Glad I've been helpful.

The "web page" of my Season Passes is just an Excel spreadsheet that I manually maintain. Nothing fancy, no magic.

I do eventually watch most of that stuff, but looking at that list always reminds me that it's probably too much (and my wife would agree with that, I'm sure). Though as you pointed out, a lot of it is doubled up, just in case one box misses it. Have the dual-tuner S3 has really helped in that regard, though.

|
Old 04-19-2007, 11:22 AM   #1228
Stu_Bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enrique
I get no error when i try to go it to a sub folder it just pops me back out.
Ahh..I see the issue occuring now. But the symptoms on mine is to display the video names in the first folder entered on every subsequent folder entered.

The way I kinda circumvent it (and the reason I didn't see it at first), is I use the Select button to choose the video rather than arrowing right.
Old 04-21-2007, 11:40 AM   #1229
mandms7

Sorry to ask a bonehead question, but does TiVo.net support playing .tivo files (files I transferred from my TiVo to my PC)? My PC is showing up in the Now Playing List, but its not showing any of my TiVo recordings that are in my video folder.
mandms7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 07:02 PM   #1230
windracer
joined the 10k club

It's supposed to, but .tivo isn't an extension listed by default in the Admin page.

I haven't tried in a while, but way back when, I tried adding .tivo and ran into problems. You can give it a shot ... it's supposed to be smart enough to not transcode .tivo files.

|