TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 03-31-2007, 08:49 PM   #1
Tobashadow

How i got DL.tv and other internet video podcast's to work on my tivo automaticly.

Required hardware:

Tivo - Duhh (i used a series 2 dual tuner)
Computer - A cheap yardsale or spare older dedicated computer is best for tivo stuff.
Broadband Internet
Router for it all to work together.

Required software:

pyTivo - http://pytivo.armooo.net/ (choose the windows install if on windows for easy setup)
Python, Ver. 2.4 or higher - http://www.python.org/download/
Doppler Beta 3 - http://www.dopplerradio.net/doppler-...11-01-release/

At this point you should have all three of the software installed and running.

Create a folder somewhere on your computer to store the downloads.

Open up the pyTivo configrator program in the start menu and choose Add and name it something like Internet Download's then hit browse and choose the folder you created above and then hit the save button, now hit the restart pytivo button then after it is finished close the program out.

Now open the Doppler program and choose add new feed.

For Dl.tv i used this - http://rssnewsapps.ziffdavis.com/aud...s/DLTV.wmv.xml

Name the feed how ever you wish to identify it.

Now choose for the download location the folder you used above.

And set it to check for new updates to the feed every so often i used 2 hour's.

And a good option to set is found under space saver's which is to delete anything older then 30 day's automaticly.

You can repeat this process in Doppler for every video podcast you like using the rss feed's from their website. Doppler will create a different folder for each within the defualt folder you picked using the name you choosen for it above.

Now restart your tivo and now in the Now Playing list there will be a link at the bottom for Internet Download's and within that will be folder's for each of the feed's you setup.

The feed will refresh automaticly to show what is found in the folders each time you choose the folder and the Doppler program will download and place new episode's of the feed's in the folder's automaticly for you to choose.

Who need's TivoCast ??? do it yourself!
Tobashadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 09:47 PM   #2
dlfl
Cranky old novice

Sounds sweet! I posted a link to your post in the pyTivo thread.

"It must be swell to be so perfect and odor-free" -- Del Griffith

VideoReDo users: Try
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

pyTivo users: Try
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and
dlfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 03:07 PM   #3
BigT4187
WDW Nut

Wow! I am going to try this over the weekend! Thanks!!

TiVo Premiere w/WD20EARS 2TB Internal (317 hours HD recording using
!)

Are you a Walt Disney World fan?
Check out the award winning
BigT4187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 09:12 AM   #4
miller890

Thumbs up Doppler beta 3.0 + TiVo Desktop 2.4p w/plus

Before installing pytivo and Python I decided to mess around with Doppler beta 3 and I found out that you can do (almost) the same thing with Doppler beta 3.0 + TiVo Desktop 2.4p w/Plus.

Since most of the video I am pulling down is intended for the iPod in .m4v & .mov formats, TiVo Desktop 2.4p w/Plus will do the job of transcoding on the fly. The quality on 4:3 is good, the video seems to be slightly cropped at the top and bottom (instead of using black bar on the left and right), but the aspect ratio looks correct.

Doppler is awesome. Plug in any 'vodcast' or 'video podcast' RSS feed address and Doppler Radio 3.0 beta downloads the video content to a directory of your choice. Doppler includes a scheduler that can be configured to check for page updates and download content at a specified interval or (3) specific times of the day. TiVo Desktop 2.4 is lacking the folders under Now Playing and the ability to trancode non-iPod formats, but for the most part it works well.
Comcast, all wired to 1GB
miller890 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 04:59 PM   #5
smak
TV MA SLV

Thank you, i'm going to use this, but for my 360 and windows media center.

-smak-
smak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 08:45 PM   #6
ymeworry

nearly 8 months later and the directions above still work great, just wish there was a way to add vblogs within the tivo instead of using my PC (like audio podcasts), maybe that will be one of the announcements at the CES 2008
ymeworry is offline   Reply With Quote