TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 02-23-2007, 10:17 AM   #31
hiddentrout

No real answer(s) here..?

A friend picked up an S3 this week and I went over to help him set it up and he's having similar issues.

All SD channels have fine picture and audio.

50% of his HD channels have fine picture and audio.

50% of his HD channels simply have a blank screen which, after over an hour of tweaking, we couldn't get to display a picture (trying working through all the various output settings, fixed, hybrid, native, etc).

Ultimately, he gave up and plugged his 6412 (Comcast customer) back in and enjoyed all his channels.

We'll call Tivo/Comcast today, but it seems other folks have had this issue and there's no fix..?

Cheers.
hiddentrout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 12:02 PM   #32
Krellion

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiddentrout
50% of his HD channels have fine picture and audio.

50% of his HD channels simply have a blank screen which, after over an hour of tweaking, we couldn't get to display a picture (trying working through all the various output settings, fixed, hybrid, native, etc).
This sounds more like a CableCARD issue than the one this thread is covering, definitely contact your cable company. See my most recent post (#28) in this thread for a good description of the problem this thread covers.

My S3 just got the 8.1.1 update a few days ago, but I haven't been able to use it much to see if the blank screen problem has been fixed. Anyone else still experiencing this problem, or can we lay this thread to rest?
)
TiVo HD XL (S3, Lifetime) @ 1TB - CableCARD/TA
TiVo Premiere XL4/Elite (S4, Lifetime) @ 2TB - CableCARD/TA
Krellion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 12:10 PM   #33
AzFrtDog

I have been out of town (actually out of the country) since the update was installed BUT.. i am loving my Slingbox here in India and as far as i can see the guide ALWAYS works now to change channels so i think it was fixed!
AzFrtDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 12:23 PM   #34
pl1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krellion
My S3 just got the 8.1.1 update a few days ago, but I haven't been able to use it much to see if the blank screen problem has been fixed. Anyone else still experiencing this problem, or can we lay this thread to rest?
Are you kidding? 8.1.1 brought on the FIRST case I've ever had of a blank screen. No, it's not a dead issue!!!
pl1 is offline   Reply With Quote