TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 01-25-2007, 05:27 PM   #271
dswallow
Save the Moderatоr

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ereth
You know, I might be more confident in this if the Lifetime Transfer I did from my Series 1 back the day I activated my S3 was showing up on Manage My Account. But even today the Lifetime service shows on the S1 and the S3 shows a year pre-paid.
Most people report the names get reversed upon the transfer; you're not relying on the names you assigned to determine this, are you?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
dswallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 06:42 PM   #272
pl1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dswallow
Most people report the names get reversed upon the transfer; you're not relying on the names you assigned to determine this, are you?
It's pretty obvious when the S3 starts with 648 and the S2 is 240 (for example). I was told, and it says in the transfer rules, that it will take up to 60 days before the change will occur AND you can not cancel the old one until after 60 days.

Code:
*This product is not compatible with satellite.
**You can find the 15 digit TiVo Service Number on 
the back of the DVR or on the System Information 
screen. (From TiVo Central, select "New Messages 
& Setup," then "System Information.")

Terms and conditions for the TiVo® Series3™ 
PLT Transfer TiVo Offer (the "Offer"):

TiVo® Series3™ HD DVR purchase required 
by 1/31/2007 and activation of the DVR is 
required by 03/02/2007. 

Offer good for all subscribers with an existing 
paid Product Lifetime Service subscription. 

Product Lifetime Service may be transferred 
from an existing box to a TiVo Series3 HD 
DVR only. This offer is not being extended 
to transfer Product Lifetime Service to any 
other product. 

All terms and conditions for a 1-year 
prepaid subscription apply to your old DVR. 

At the end of 1-year, you will be automatically 
rolled to then-applicable monthly rate. The 
1-year contract is not transferable to another party. 

Cancellation of only the 1-year contract on 
the old DVR while still transferring the 
Product Lifetime Service to the new Series3 
HD DVR will be permitted, but only after 
60 days of service for both boxes have 
elapsed. 

Cancellations on the 1-year 
contract will not result in refund of the 
$199 transfer fee. 

All other warranty 
replacement costs still apply to the old DVR. 

If you return the box within 30 days of 
placing the order on the website, you 
will receive a full refund on any paid 
transfer fee and hardware cost. The 
shipping charge for the return is at 
your expense. Returns outside of 30 
days will not be accepted. If the transfer 
is cancelled within the first 30 days, the 
Product Lifetime Service will remain on your old DVR. 

Both boxes will be activated once this process 
is complete, but the contract information 
may take over 60 days to be reflected on 
the DVR or "Manage My Account". 

The TiVo Service Agreement applies to the 
Series3 HD DVR, along with other terms 
and conditions listed at www.tivo.com/policies. 

In case of any discrepancies between those 
terms and those listed in this offer, the terms 
defined in this offer supersede those posted.

pl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 03:02 AM   #273
mdobbins

Thumbs up

Well, my lifetime transfer from my DirecTiVo went very smoothly. My account now shows lifetime after 4 days. I just wish the cable card installation was as trouble-free, but that's another thread...!

Mike
mdobbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 08:25 AM   #274
pl1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdobbins
Well, my lifetime transfer from my DirecTiVo went very smoothly. My account now shows lifetime after 4 days. I just wish the cable card installation was as trouble-free, but that's another thread...!
It appears that the transfer from DirecTV goes through instantly while the transfer of the Series 2 takes up to 60 days. I can see why the Series 2 takes 60 days, in the event that you return the device, it reverts the Series 2 back to lifetime. But, if there is no wait with the DirecTV units, I wonder if a return will result in a lost lifetime?
pl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 02:47 PM   #275
Ereth

Quote:
Originally Posted by dswallow
D'oh! I didn't even notice that!

Unless my new S3 has a serial number starting 010- and the ancient Sony Series one has a serial number starting 648-, then that's exactly what happened!

Thank you.

It seems to also scramble the Activation Date. According to Tivo the unit with the 010- serial number was activated Sept 22, 2006 and the one with the 648- serial number was activated June 5, 2000!

[Interesting. When I went to re-name them, "Enable Video Downloads" was available for me to choose for the S3. It had always been N/A before...]
Ereth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 10:38 AM   #276
cram501

I just wanted to follow up on my battle to get lifetime from my DirectTivo to the Tivo 3.

Tivo called me today, wavied the charges, and transfered lifetime to my Tivo 3. It took over a week but I have to give credit for Tivo for coming through.

Thanks Tivo!
cram501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 04:12 PM   #277
miketx

I was given an old DTV Tivo with Lifetime.....anyone know if it is still possible to transfer this lifetime to my new S3?

Mike
miketx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 09:58 PM   #278
TxnBluDvl

Wow, talk about disappointment. I purchased a Series 3 TiVo's at the end of Jan to transfer my DirecTiVo lifetime subscription. Called today (2/27) to transfer it over, and was told that the offer for DirecTV expired on 1/31, and that I was SOL. Went back and forth with the CSR on it, and spoke with the supervisor that confirmed.

Has anyone managed to transfer a DirecTiVo lifetime subscription over to a Series 3 post-1/31?

I'm bummed -- looks like this Series 3 is going back to Costco and I'll be riding out the DirecTiVo transition to MPEG 4.
TxnBluDvl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 10:13 PM   #279
brota

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxnBluDvl
Wow, talk about disappointment. I purchased a Series 3 TiVo's at the end of Jan to transfer my DirecTiVo lifetime subscription. Called today (2/27) to transfer it over, and was told that the offer for DirecTV expired on 1/31, and that I was SOL. Went back and forth with the CSR on it, and spoke with the supervisor that confirmed.

Has anyone managed to transfer a DirecTiVo lifetime subscription over to a Series 3 post-1/31?

I'm bummed -- looks like this Series 3 is going back to Costco and I'll be riding out the DirecTiVo transition to MPEG 4.
What kind of Directivo did you have? I have some phillps 704 that I bought off of ebayfor parts is there any chance that these may have a lifetime tagged to them? Or are these too new for Directv Lifetime?
brota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 10:19 PM   #280
Espo

I did this a few days ago (2/24) with no problems. Today it appeared as Lifetime on my account. I have another D* box to transfer on Thu. They said this was fine as long as it's done by Fri 3/2. I would try again if I were you.
Espo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 10:22 PM   #281
Espo

Quote:
Originally Posted by brota
What kind of Directivo did you have? I have some phillps 704 that I bought off of ebayfor parts is there any chance that these may have a lifetime tagged to them? Or are these too new for Directv Lifetime?
Your box could not have Lifetime status on it. D* Tivos' Lifetime are attached to the customer's account, not the boxes themselves (unlike the regular Tivos).
Old 03-01-2007, 01:27 AM   #282
TxnBluDvl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Espo
I did this a few days ago (2/24) with no problems. Today it appeared as Lifetime on my account. I have another D* box to transfer on Thu. They said this was fine as long as it's done by Fri 3/2. I would try again if I were you.
Thanks! Just the news I was looking for -- I'll give it another try tomorrow and the day after tomorrow as well. Did you mention to them it was a DirecTiVo when you initiated the transfer or just gave them the TSN and let them do their thing?
TxnBluDvl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 04:47 AM   #283
Espo

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxnBluDvl
Thanks! Just the news I was looking for -- I'll give it another try tomorrow and the day after tomorrow as well. Did you mention to them it was a DirecTiVo when you initiated the transfer or just gave them the TSN and let them do their thing?
I called the VIP # at 866-424-8486 & said upfront it was a D* transfer. I did my 2nd one a few hours ago without any problems. Good luck!