Old 12-14-2006, 01:28 PM   #301
wickerbill

Here's the form I filled out: http://customersupport.tivo.com/LineUpForm.aspx
wickerbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 11:09 PM   #302
OrangeKid

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeKid
I was told by the Cox second level technician that no one in Vegas with Cable Cards is getting 725. I certainly am not.
The 8.0.1c service update I received today allows me to receive several channels that I did not receive before including HDMTV 725 and ESPN2 705 but I stopped receiving INHD2 707. Go figure. Several of the HD channels are duplicated on the program listing.

It appears as if it a Tivo issue not a cable company issue.

Correction: I do receive INHD2. I now receiver all the channels I am supposed to. So this upgrade was important.

Last edited by OrangeKid : 12-14-2006 at 11:25 PM.
OrangeKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 03:06 AM   #303
XBR

My Series3's stopped receiving a bunch of channels sometime today, including all of the HD channels; some channels only had audio. As soon as I saw the "Pending Restart" while rooting around, I rebooted both and all seems well once again...8.0.1.c...

Last edited by XBR : 12-15-2006 at 12:54 PM. Reason: me no good english write
XBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 09:51 PM   #304
Sarge3515

Quote:
Originally Posted by General E
My install is happening tomorrow. Question --- are they charging you the $6 "digital gateway" charge on EACH of your 2 Cablecards? They are for me. If not, what'd you say / do to get them to only charge you once (or not at all)?
I'll have to wait and see my bill since the change. I just turned in the old DVR box. I don't remember any gateway charge, just the $1.99 per card per month.
Sarge3515 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 10:13 AM   #305
Prowest
A TiVo in Every Home

Big Grin Lakewood, OH - COX Cable CC Install...

I just got my CC install on Thursday for COX Cable in Lakewood, OH. The first card went in with no problems. The second card was a dog. They had to try three more cards over two hours before they got the second one to work. The tech told me that they have cleaned up their CC system a lot and it works well now, but the car reliability has been spotty still. He indicated that when you get a good card you are good to go, but sometimes you can go through a handful of crap cards before you get one that works. The techs were patient though and stuck it out until they got things workingÖvery good customer service.

Dave
Prowest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 02:27 PM   #306
lasergecko

Cox Las Vegas

Well, I'm still seeing duplicate HD channels and have tried disabling the first ones in the line up with no difference.

However, I can now receive Mtv HD...and am quite surprised at the lineup of good shows this morning.

Still no response from the Supervisor guy.
lasergecko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 04:52 PM   #307
OrangeKid

Quote:
Originally Posted by lasergecko
Cox Las Vegas

Well, I'm still seeing duplicate HD channels and have tried disabling the first ones in the line up with no difference.

However, I can now receive Mtv HD...and am quite surprised at the lineup of good shows this morning.

Still no response from the Supervisor guy.
I have duplicates of 709, 731, 732, 733, 735. I receive all the channels I am signed up for. The duplicated channels are a minor inconvenience. I have no other issues such as audio or video dropouts.
Old 12-21-2006, 02:29 AM   #308
lasergecko

The duplicates for me are killing all of my HD recordings since it defaults to the BLANK one. Hopefully, deleting them will stick this time.
lasergecko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 01:55 PM   #309
OrangeKid

Quote:
Originally Posted by lasergecko
The duplicates for me are killing all of my HD recordings since it defaults to the BLANK one. Hopefully, deleting them will stick this time.
Your situation is different than mine. My duplicates are live. It does not matter which of the two duplicates the Tivo records. You may want to report your issue to Tivo using the following link:

http://www.tivo.com/series3hdDvr_cc.asp

Another thing you may try is unchecking the duplicate that is blank on your channels received settings screen. Then the blank duplicate should not show up on your program guide.
Old 12-22-2006, 09:09 AM   #310
mstrroissy

Cox Chesapeake, Va

Just had my cable cards installed in my S3 yesterday and it went fairly well. Cable guy showed up about halfway through his 10-12 appointment time. I greated him at the door, asked if he had ever done one of the tivo Series 3 and he said no. Strike 1. Ok so I see he pulls the cablecard out of his pocket to get to work, and he's only got one card. I asked him if he had another because I checked and rechecked (even called the Cox CSR the day before to make sure there were going to be two cards coming). The dispatcher actually told him the order was for two, but he thought it was an error. Strike 2. So he leaves to get the other card, about an hour later he gets back and brings another tech to "teach" him about the Tivo. Cards are in, he's actually reading the instructions.

So far so good, and he still has one strike left. Channel check time......Nothing but gray screen. Tivo has found the channels (you can see them in the top of the screen) but isn't getting the actual video signal.... so I think here it comes all the problems that everyone on the forum talks about and the 3+hour install. Tech phones home, and the digital tech resets the signal on thier end...and VOILA it works like a charm. All done. So far so good it's working great.

On a really good note if you live in the Greenbriar area, they are going to be getting all trained up on these. My two installers took the instructions back to the shop with them to photocopy and tell all the other techs what to expect and how to get these installs done.

Love my Series 3.
mstrroissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 11:31 AM   #311
pmw2cc

New install

I just had Cox Cable in Fairfax Virginia install CCs in my new S3. The experience went pretty well, the tech seemed to have some knowledge of Tivo and brought 3 cards with him. One thing he did mention was that the cards needed to be pushed in firmly to work. If you have problems in the future you might want to try that.
pmw2cc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 12:28 PM   #312
ChrisMc73

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwsat
Cox OKC gave me a similar answer. Two CableCARDs would be ~ $8 a month and I would have to pay two installation charges, although both cards were to be installed in the same device. But while the installation charge for the first card would be $30, for the second, or more, it would drop to $15 each.

By the way, it's a pleasure to be back here. I first joined in 2001 but my original enrolment somehow slipped through the cracks, so I had to signup anew. I bought and used an S1 from 2000 until 2003, when Cox OKC finally started to offer HD DVRs. I have been waiting for a TiVo HD box for cable ever since.
Funny, I'm in OKC and I just called and this guy said TWO cards installed is only $30, and its only $1.99 for both cards, since its in same box...wow, I don't have a Series 3 yet, but this guys name is Vernon if you want to try to get this deal before his supervisors correct him!!! Reading all these threads has me wanting to ditch the Cox DVR and fork out the $799 for that HD Tivo.

I think I'm going to!
ChrisMc73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 12:54 PM   #313
ChrisMc73

Quote:
The 8.0.1c service update I received today allows me to receive several channels that I did not receive before including HDMTV 725 and ESPN2 705 but I stopped receiving INHD2 707. Go figure. Several of the HD channels are duplicated on the program listing.

It appears as if it a Tivo issue not a cable company issue.

Correction: I do receive INHD2. I now receiver all the channels I am supposed to. So this upgrade was important.

Cox has announced that INHD2 is going away and they are combining all the favorites of INHD2 into one channel with INHD1...so thats why it went away.
Old 12-27-2006, 07:00 PM   #314
OrangeKid

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisMc73
Cox has announced that INHD2 is going away and they are combining all the favorites of INHD2 into one channel with INHD1...so thats why it went away.
Last I checked INHD2 was still on the air. I believe it goes away around the first of the year.
Old 12-27-2006, 09:32 PM   #315
TivoTodd

Cox in Wichita, KS
1.99 per card per month
49.95 install per card (highway robbery!)
From what I have been told several times, I am only paying for one digital gateway, and one HD service. The net difference between renting the Cox HD DVR functionalities, and the two cards is gonna be about 14-16 bux.

The guy showed up today.. admitted he had never done this on a TiVo. Most of the install was painless, but during the "Channel Test", it took about 1-2 minutes for Card1 to get the encrypted digital channels, and about 10-15 minutes for Card2 to get them.
On both cards, right before we were able to see the channels, an error popped up on screen for the respective card, indicating we needed to call the cable company, and report error 141-6 (I think). He called.. Cox was clueless what that meant.

It works, so I am I happy.
TivoTodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 10:12 PM   #316
ellinj
Seems Very Friendly

Quote:
Last I checked INHD2 was still on the air. I believe it goes away around the first of the year.
Still getting INHD2 here in RI. I have heard that it will be going away soon as well. Wonder if they will replace it soon. What I really want ABC in Fox though.
ellinj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 01:11 PM   #317
Joe3

Wanted to drop a pay channel on the S3.
The rep opens my file and tries to talk me out of using the cable cards on my brand new TV.
" No In Demand," she says.
(I give up)
I tell her I like my brand new TV, just drop the pay channel.
Joe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 06:34 PM   #318
jtown

Just to add to the list of inconsistent installation prices...

Cox OC, CA. $39.95 per card.

Fortunately, I got a decent rep when I called. I told him I needed to get two cablecards installed in a new Tivo. "Okay." Then nothing but a lot of typing for several minutes. Turns out he was trying to figure out why the system wanted to charge me $79.90 for the installation. Once he'd convinced himself that he'd entered the job correctly, I said that the installation charge was ridiculous. Charged twice for a single installation job on a single device. He agreed and put me on hold for a few minutes. Came back and said they'd drop the second charge. "But make sure they still bring two cards!" "Of course."

I'd been considering requesting two separate installations if they insisted on charging me the full amount. "One 8-10 and one 10-12, please. Be sure to schedule someone else in between." Get my money's worth.

Still not sure what the monthly rate will be. The rep in the store said $2/card. When I inquired about the outlet fee, he mumbled something I didn't quite catch. I didn't push since we were in the middle of negotiating a new package deal and there were bigger issues at stake like cheap HBO/SHO and cheaper/faster internet. So somewhere between $4 and $7/month for the pair.

I'll have to take a good look at the next full bill to see exactly what I'm being charged.
Old 12-30-2006, 09:02 AM   #319
pkscout

Cox Las Vegas. Two guys came yesterday, one was a trainee. The other guy had apparently done a TiVo or two, and he was walking the new guy through. It took them about an hour to do the TiVo, phone, and internet service. No problems, but the one guy was hilarious. He was on the phone with Cox dispatch and ended up with this woman who wouldn't listen to him, kept trying to tell him what to do, and kept saying she wasn't going to wait for him. So he hung up on her, called back, and got someone else.

The only thing I'm disappointed about is that I'm getting analog channels below 99 even though Las Vegas is apparently nearly the end of it's digital transition. Some folks on the AVS Forum think that either Cox will have to do something special to get the digital versions of those stations with the CableCard or that it will never happen for Cablecards. I think I'll wait until Cox makes an official announcement about the transition and then call, but that seems like the definition of anti-competitive.

Anybody in Las Vegas getting the digital versions of the sub 99 stations? If so, what did you tell Cox to get them?
pkscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 11:43 AM   #320
gwsat

Quote:
Funny, I'm in OKC and I just called and this guy said TWO cards installed is only $30, and its only $1.99 for both cards, since its in same box...wow, I don't have a Series 3 yet, but this guys name is Vernon if you want to try to get this deal before his supervisors correct him!!! Reading all these threads has me wanting to ditch the Cox DVR and fork out the $799 for that HD Tivo.

I think I'm going to!
Thatís really good news! I guess Cox OKC finally figured out that the installation fees and a double CableCARD charge for two cards that go in the same box would be unfair.

A couple of years ago, I bought an HD TiVo for my son to use with his D* system but, so far, I have been too stingy Ė and lazy, given the attendant problems of installing a new piece of gear Ė to buy an S3 for myself. I have to hurry if Iím going to get one because TiVoís offer to transfer the lifetime service contract on my old S1 expires if I donít buy an S3 by the end of the month.
gwsat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 03:52 PM   #321
ChrisMc73

Quote:
Thatís really good news! I guess Cox OKC finally figured out that the installation fees and a double CableCARD charge for two cards that go in the same box would be unfair.

A couple of years ago, I bought an HD TiVo for my son to use with his D* system but, so far, I have been too stingy Ė and lazy, given the attendant problems of installing a new piece of gear Ė to buy an S3 for myself. I have to hurry if Iím going to get one because TiVoís offer to transfer the lifetime service contract on my old S1 expires if I donít buy an S3 by the end of the month.
Ultimate Electronics has a deal that is over tonight, Saturday, that if you buy an HD TV of $1999 or more, you get 50% off the Series 3 Tivo...I just bought an HD TV and I'm thinking of doing this. Its a good price, $400 for the HD box.
Old 12-30-2006, 07:46 PM   #322
gwsat

Quote:
Ultimate Electronics has a deal that is over tonight, Saturday, that if you buy an HD TV of $1999 or more, you get 50% off the Series 3 Tivo...I just bought an HD TV and I'm thinking of doing this. Its a good price, $400 for the HD box.
I would jump all over that if I could. As it happens, I bought a second HDTV last summer so Ultimate Electronicsí offer doesnít work for me. I ordered an S3 this afternoon for $629.85, which makes getting one for $400 sound GREAT.
Old 12-31-2006, 06:57 AM   #323
ChrisMc73

Quote:
I would jump all over that if I could. As it happens, I bought a second HDTV last summer so Ultimate Electronicsí offer doesnít work for me. I ordered an S3 this afternoon for $629.85, which makes getting one for $400 sound GREAT.
I did, I went and purchased it last night, along with the wireless network adapter.

I now need to call Cox and have them install these 2 cable cards and I'm ready to become a Tivo'er!!
Old 12-31-2006, 09:28 AM   #324
gwsat

Quote:
I did, I went and purchased it last night, along with the wireless network adapter.

I now need to call Cox and have them install these 2 cable cards and I'm ready to become a Tivo'er!!
You will love it. I have really missed my S1 since I replaced it with the Cox SA 8X00 HD boxes. The SA boxes have worked but their software is primitive by TiVo standards. I can hardly wait for my S3 to come.

I have an old Linksys wireless access point, which I intend to use to connect my S3 to my wireless network, so I donít think I need to buy a TiVo wireless adapter.
Old 01-01-2007, 09:27 PM   #325
kelley

Our owned Dish 942 HD-DVR went out, well I don't like the idea of spending $200 to get into a new box and not own it and on top of that be in a service contract. I've tried several OTA recievers, but none of them have picked up all the channels. So that brings me to Cox, does anyone know if I can get the CableCard installed now into my TV and then buy a TiVo and just plug the card into it? I plan to pick up a S3 next month for my birthday, but I'd like to atleast have something to watch now.
kelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 12:55 PM   #326
ChrisMc73

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelley
Our owned Dish 942 HD-DVR went out, well I don't like the idea of spending $200 to get into a new box and not own it and on top of that be in a service contract. I've tried several OTA recievers, but none of them have picked up all the channels. So that brings me to Cox, does anyone know if I can get the CableCard installed now into my TV and then buy a TiVo and just plug the card into it? I plan to pick up a S3 next month for my birthday, but I'd like to atleast have something to watch now.
Thats exactly what you can do.
If you want dual tuners, you have to request 2 cable cards to be installed, and there is no self install, they have to do it.

Right now Cox is charging $1.99 a card plus a $30 install fee. Make sure you tell them its 2 cards going into 1 box, so they don't try to charge you two install fees.

I just bought my Series 3 and I'm going to call Cox to have this setup.
I'm wondering, with these cable cards, do I still have access to On Demand stuff from Cox or is that gone?
Old 01-03-2007, 11:39 AM   #327
jon96cobra

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmw2cc
I just had Cox Cable in Fairfax Virginia install CCs in my new S3. The experience went pretty well, the tech seemed to have some knowledge of Tivo and brought 3 cards with him. One thing he did mention was that the cards needed to be pushed in firmly to work. If you have problems in the future you might want to try that.
How did they bill you for the 2 cable cards?
I was told it was going to be simular to the bill I get now with they HD stations and Digital gateway.

They also didn't mention when I called a fee with the install of the 2 cards.

All I have to do is activate the series 3 before they come out to install the cards.
Series 3 with External 500gb
HL-S6187W Samsung DLP
jon96cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 12:42 PM   #328
steelio

Quote:
Originally Posted by TivoTodd
Cox in Wichita, KS
1.99 per card per month
From what I have been told several times, I am only paying for one digital gateway, and one HD service. The net difference between renting the Cox HD DVR functionalities, and the two cards is gonna be about 14-16 bux.

The guy showed up today.. admitted he had never done this on a TiVo. Most of the install was painless, but during the "Channel Test", it took about 1-2 minutes for Card1 to get the encrypted digital channels, and about 10-15 minutes for Card2 to get them.
On both cards, right before we were able to see the channels, an error popped up on screen for the respective card, indicating we needed to call the cable company, and report error 141-6 (I think). He called.. Cox was clueless what that meant.

Yeah I am getting my cards installed on 1/4/7 I told them if they want to charge me $50 per card per install. I told them that I wanted to setup an appointment on 1/4/7 and then another appointment on 1/5/7. What extra benefit do I get if they charge the same for 1 install or 2? I am not going to be needing the extra tuner for that extra day anyway.
steelio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 01:20 PM   #329
ehardman

Quote:
Originally Posted by TivoTodd
Cox in Wichita, KS
1.99 per card per month

I have Cox in Salina, KS. When I got the bill and it showed two install charges at $49.99 each, I called customer service and they agreed to take one $49.95 charge off my bill. Give it a try.
ehardman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 01:25 PM   #330
gwsat

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehardman
I have Cox in Salina, KS. When I got the bill and it showed two install charges at $49.99 each, I called customer service and they agreed to take one $49.95 charge off my bill. Give it a try.
I donít know what Cox OKCís policy is on dual CableCARD installation charges or double digital gateway fees but if I get charged double on either (my S3 isnít here yet) I will ask customer service to correct it.