TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > DirecTV Receiver with TiVo
TiVo Community

Forum Jump

Old 12-24-2006, 10:02 AM   #91
vigfoot

The problem affected one of my 2 DTivos. I unplugged it an hour ago for 5 mins and now everything is back to normal.
phillips 7000 stock (mothballed)

Old 12-24-2006, 11:15 AM   #92
RetroHarley

Back up and running

Quote:
Originally Posted by drew2k
Can everyone who's having these problems check their System Info page and report back the dates and status of the Service Data Download and Indexing? If the dates are not "current", this could be an indication or cause of the problem ...
I had most of the problems listed in this thread except for the To Do list, my To Do list was accurate and I didn't have any programs that were listed as "Someone deleted". But all of My Wishlists showed 0 results. Here's what my system read last night before bed.

last successful: Fri. Dec. 22 at 11:36am
last attempt: Sat. Dec. 22 at 11:36am
last status: none available
Indexing: Sat. Dec 22 at 6:54pm

Read this thread and reset the system through the Messages and Settings/Restart or Reset System, nothing happened or changed.

So I unplugged the unit for 3 minutes and plugged it back in and went to bed. This morning it reads:

Service Data Download:
last successful: Sun. Dec. 24 at 2:30am
last attempt: Sun. Dec. 24 at 2:30am
last status: Completed
GC: Sun. Dec. 24 at 4:15am
Indexing: Sun. Dec 24 at 6:54am

Everything is back to working fine, Wishlists are back and producing results.

Hope this helps.
Old 12-24-2006, 12:38 PM   #93
goony

While we are at it... how many days of guide data should be in our SD DTivos? Today (24-Dec) one of mine says (via the info screen) that I have guide data until 04-Jan, so by my calcs that is 12 days.

According to my recall, we were getting 14 days.

Has it always been 12 days and I am just goofed up?
Old 12-24-2006, 05:14 PM   #94
rogrrr

Where's "It's a Wonderful Life"??

I'm wondering if this problem afflicted Directv Tivo's only? Yesterday I searched "it's a Wonderful Life" and nothing was scheduled. WHAT??? I tried a wishlist for James Stewart. Still nothing. You gotta be kidding me! Also, the Season's Pass wasn't working for new (not repeats) shows. (My wife missed the View last week. Trump's gonna sue Directv or Tivo! ) Today, however, all seems to be well. 'Ol Jimmy showed up in several of his films and actually shot Liberty Valance! (I Tivo'd it)
BTW, I did not restart the machine.
Old 12-24-2006, 08:20 PM   #95
Bob Coxner

Quote:
Originally Posted by goony
While we are at it... how many days of guide data should be in our SD DTivos? Today (24-Dec) one of mine says (via the info screen) that I have guide data until 04-Jan, so by my calcs that is 12 days.

According to my recall, we were getting 14 days.

Has it always been 12 days and I am just goofed up?
It's always been around 11 or 12 days, although a particular channel may go out a day more. Most of mine currently go out to Jan 4 but some of my locals and HBO go out the afternoon of the 5th.
Old 12-24-2006, 11:16 PM   #96
daperlman
check the rhime

one of my DSR6000 units is still screwing me. Missed 3 shows I noticed so far... all with the Someone Modified Season Pass msg

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 12-25-2006, 02:10 AM   #97
cara

i have been having the same problem latley as you guys seem to have. random season pass shows not recording, so i was going through and making sure my favs were going to record. today though i went to search by alphabet and only about 8 shows in total came up. any letter i put in the same 8 shows would come up. so unless i can find it on the daily guild i can't even record it. what to do. i'm on vacation and i just wanted to sit in my house and watch my tivo, but only 4 shows are scheduled to recorded in the next week!!!!!
Old 12-25-2006, 07:56 AM   #98
F1Turbo

I'm still having issues too--didn't get CBS Sunday Morning, with the 'someone modified season pass' garbage.

E-mailed DirecTV, along with link to this thread, and this is what I got back:

"Thanks for letting us know the problem you are having about recording the Season Pass. We are already working for a permanent fix regarding this problem. In the meantime, you can re-add the Season Pass as a temporary resolution to this problem..

Thanks for your patience while we resolve this issue."
Old 12-25-2006, 08:36 AM   #99
OLdDog
Reformed Druid

DTV has idiots for CSRs. Re-adding the season pass only works if the shows are available in search by title and this bug removes many programs from the search by title or keyword database and without the program in the database the season pass cannot set it to record.

It seems that this is the (or at least one) scenario: A show will actually have 10 programs in the guide. A search by title finds no upcoming shows. But if you try to set a season pass by selecting one of the shows from the guide and then view upcoming you might see 3 or 4 of the shows. That is the database SPs use is partially complete but the link to it through search by title is somehow screwed up.

All three of my DTiVos have, over the last week or so, had this problem at least once and then fixed themselves. Two of them have now reverted and are having the problem again.

What I "think" is happening is that several of the databases are getting deleted or corrupted and that is what is causing the problem.

The DTiVos then fix themselves over a period of time roughly the same as it takes to rebuild the databases after a clear and delete everything.

Having said all that I am no closer to understanding what is the cause of this problem or to find a way to prevent it from reoccurring. But I do know that there is nothing that can be done to speed up the recovery once it happens.
Old 12-25-2006, 01:26 PM   #100
Bob Coxner

The problem has returned for me (R10). Things had cleared up for a few days and now the WL and SP show nothing available. My To Do list remains correct, previously it had been screwed up as well. Maybe they've solved part of the problem?
Old 12-25-2006, 02:20 PM   #101
chrishicks
Tivo Junkie

so I was over at my parents yesterday and they had a reboot as well after about 10min. after the service data download. this has happened 2 times in the last 4 days for both of us. now, all of our units are recording something(I'm guessing another service data download - red light but not recording any program). this is the first time that I can remember that it did this in the afternoon and not very late at night(usually between 2:00 to 3:00am). I'm guessing I'll be seeing more reboots in my future.

now for a question, are all these reboots bad for our tivos?
Motorola RNG200N Comcast HD DVR
Old 12-25-2006, 08:30 PM   #102
DogGone46

At least 1 month before DirecTV fixes Wishlist/Season Pass!

Wishlists not generating. Don't bother restarting or resetting your system. It doesn't help. This seems to be a random problem. Sometimes it happens to one receiver in our house, while the other receiver is OK.

I called DirecTV yesterday. You need to call them too, because until they get a certain number of complaints they don't "register it as a problem." The closest DirecTV got to knowing about this problem is one that is related to Season Passes. They are working on a permanent fix for the Season Pass problem, but it will be at least a month before it is downloaded to the customers. CALL DIRECTV AND SPEED THINGS UP!
Old 12-25-2006, 08:33 PM   #103
drew2k
Drew != Drawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by DogGone46
At least 1 month before DirecTV fixes Wishlist/Season Pass!

Wishlists not generating. Don't bother restarting or resetting your system. It doesn't help. This seems to be a random problem. Sometimes it happens to one receiver in our house, while the other receiver is OK.

I called DirecTV yesterday. You need to call them too, because until they get a certain number of complaints they don't "register it as a problem." The closest DirecTV got to knowing about this problem is one that is related to Season Passes. They are working on a permanent fix for the Season Pass problem, but it will be at least a month before it is downloaded to the customers. CALL DIRECTV AND SPEED THINGS UP!
DogGoneIt! Although the end of your message has some merit, please stop posting the exact same message across several threads. You already started a new thread for this, so no need to repeat it in every other thread that mentions a SP/WL problem.
Old 12-26-2006, 12:26 AM   #104
Bill99

I'm having the same problem also. Mine automatically rebooted at about 2:45am Friday and I did not notice the problem until today (Monday).

Tonight I forced a phone call which caused no change. A couple of hours later it reindexed. Now, after re-indexing, everything appears more normal. I haven't checked every one of the season passes, but before the call and re-indexing I had only about 10 season passes show up and now I have about 50 which could be about right for me. It's actually hard to tell exactly because what may be missing due to the repeats during the holidays.

Everyone force a phone call, wait for re-indexing and report back what happened.
Old 12-26-2006, 01:38 AM   #105
chrishicks
Tivo Junkie

I forced a call on both my units a few days ago and I am still having issues with reboots.
Old 12-26-2006, 12:07 PM   #106
Rik

Just jumping in an adding to the list. Same issues - nothing showing in my season passes on my HDTivo. Set up a SP for Knights of Prosperity a couple of days ago and it picked up the premier on Jan 4th. Now it's gone and the SP shows no eps.

"What kind of name is Poon?"
"...Commanche Indian."---- Irwin M. Fletcher

1 HR10-250 not yet upgraded
1 DSR6000 upgraded to 126 hours
1 GXCEBOTD not upgraded
Old 12-26-2006, 12:12 PM   #107
jsevinsk

Is there a way to clear out the guide data and force a download without deleting the season passes?
Old 12-26-2006, 12:14 PM   #108
heySkippy
oldweakandpathetic

I called DTV a couple days ago to bitch and the tech made of point of telling me several times that this problem affects DVRs with TiVo software, emphasizing the TiVo part.

While he didn't try to "upgrade" me to a pair of R15s, it did make me wonder if DTV is trying to sabatoge DirecTiVos and kick adoption of their own DVR into gear.
Old 12-26-2006, 12:46 PM   #109
Rik

Just got off the phone with DirecTV's so called "advanced" technical support. Disregarding my indication that I had already tried resets and removing of SP and adding back she had me do it again. When it did not work she indicated that she will escalate the problem again but seemed to really think that these steps would work. I repeatedly told her that I had done this several times and that many others were experiencing the same issues. She said that if the issues were not reported on the DirecTV technical forums they were likely not being seen. Another clueless csr.

1 GXCEBOTD not upgraded
Old 12-26-2006, 12:56 PM   #110
gilliane

I'm really glad this place is here, because at least now I know it's not a physical problem with my directivo (only one of our recorders is having the problem). Luckily I noticed the problem before I missed anything, and I've added everything in manually for the next week or so. So thanks
Old 12-26-2006, 01:12 PM   #111
cara

It really bothers me to think that Direct TV would have a attitude about people with TIVO. I was a TIVO customer before I was a Direct TV customer. I am very loyal to TIVO. IF FORCED TO CHOOSE I CHOOSE TIVO!
Old 12-26-2006, 01:20 PM   #112
Rik

The DirecTV csr pretty much told me that they only forums they monitor are the DirecTV forums. I just added a post in the HD Dvr section with the topic: "Season Pass / Wishlists not picking up shows that are in guide". I would suggest / ask that others add their two cents to this or one of the other topics referencing this issue. If their forum is the only place we can gain any attention to this matter - let's inundate them with complaints of the issue.

1 GXCEBOTD not upgraded
Old 12-26-2006, 01:59 PM   #113
drew2k
Drew != Drawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik
The DirecTV csr pretty much told me that they only forums they monitor are the DirecTV forums. I just added a post in the HD Dvr section with the topic: "Season Pass / Wishlists not picking up shows that are in guide". I would suggest / ask that others add their two cents to this or one of the other topics referencing this issue. If their forum is the only place we can gain any attention to this matter - let's inundate them with complaints of the issue.
Can you post a link to that thread? Makes it easier for the lazy among us (ok, me!)
Old 12-26-2006, 02:34 PM   #114
Rik

Quote:
Originally Posted by drew2k
Can you post a link to that thread? Makes it easier for the lazy among us (ok, me!)

Sure thing. DirecTV Technical Assistance

1 GXCEBOTD not upgraded
Old 12-26-2006, 03:01 PM   #115
daperlman
check the rhime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik
I posted to it... it is just us so far

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 12-26-2006, 03:09 PM   #116
jsevinsk

My to-do list is back. I don't know if forcing the phone call or unplugging it did the trick, but neither one helped immediately. But after waiting a couple of hours, it came back.
Old 12-26-2006, 07:12 PM   #117
daperlman
check the rhime

Well I have had this issue on one box for over one week. If you all are having as big on an issue - or any issue at all, please do your part to call or email D* or simply post in this thread http://forums.directv.com/pe/action/...ExpertiseCode= and politely explain that this is a widespread issue that you would like resolved. Thus far it is apparent that Direct TV has yet to prioritize the fix.

Old 12-26-2006, 07:42 PM   #118
CCpalmtree

Same problem here...

We started experiencing this issue last week. A few reboots it corrects itself and then happens again. I was petrified that my unit was failing as I absolutely cannot stand the Directv DVRs. (I have one in my bedroom and barely use it to record anything.) Thanks for posting this and letting me know that I am not alone. I have posted in the Directv forum and will also call them.
Old 12-26-2006, 07:57 PM   #119
jmf243

This happened to me today. Got a phone call at work from my wife stating that the Young and the Restless did not record for her today. When I came home the to do list was empty ( I have 80 SPs). I've tried resetting and now will try forcing a call. The last service data download was at 2:30 this AM and the last indexing was at 12:39PM this afternoon.
Old 12-26-2006, 08:45 PM   #120
chrishicks
Tivo Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by macquariumguy
While he didn't try to "upgrade" me to a pair of R15s, it did make me wonder if DTV is trying to sabatoge DirecTiVos and kick adoption of their own DVR into gear.
thats what I said a few pages back.