TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 12-22-2006, 06:59 AM   #1
newsposter
Poster of News

6.3a guide incomplete/short - 3.1 guide is perfect

For the past few days the 6.3a machine has shown guide thru 12/27 on sys info. In reality a decent amount of channels go past that date but not all. Indexing is current so that can't be the problem. But stuff that is on this sunday and monday is not showing up in the guide.

3.1 machine is perfect, shows all the missing data that the 6.3a machine isn't, and also 3.1 is out to about 1/1 now.

All data comes from the same place right? Or is there an elf sitting there blocking some selective guide data just to the hdtivo?

I keep expecting that each day the 6.3a machine will 'right' itself. But in 3 days it hasn't. I wonder what happens when i'm away the 27th and there's "no" guide data? I did see the one post about wishlists empty but this is definitely not that as the program that are missing are stuff I dont ever record.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

monsterjoe - You aren't wrong; spartanstew- I agree with newsposter
newsposter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 09:08 AM   #2
hiker
S.o.N.Y.D.a.C.

Did you try a reboot? And if so and no luck, try a Clear Program Information & To Do List.
TiVo Series 3 Comcast
hiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 09:54 AM   #3
newsposter
Poster of News

i wont do the CD but i will try reboot..was recording too much the past few days to do it

!

Old 12-22-2006, 10:20 AM   #4
Smuuth

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiker
Did you try a reboot? And if so and no luck, try a Clear Program Information & To Do List.
Quote:
Originally Posted by newsposter
i wont do the CD but i will try reboot..was recording too much the past few days to do it
"Clear Program Information and To Do List" (what hiker recommended) does NOT delete recorded programs - It is NOT the same as "Clear And Delete Everything" - However, it does delete Season Passes and Wishlists as well as clear your To Do list.
Smuuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 10:28 AM   #5
newsposter
Poster of News

yes i saw that thread...but still wont do it..way too much to reenter and stuff that isnt even in the guide

!

Old 12-22-2006, 02:18 PM   #6
GregA

Related guide problem?

Noticed last week that my To-Do list was truncated to around 12/27, while guide data went way past that. A reboot seemed to fix it.

Last night I noticed that almost nothing past Sunday was planned to record. I went to the Season Pass Manager, selected "View Upcoming Showings" and it said there were no upcoming shows! Well, I went to the guide manually and there were definitely shows upcoming.

To test, I deleted that Season Pass, manually recreated it from an existing item in the guide data, then went back into Season Pass Manager, and it AGAIN showed no upcoming shows!

Finally, I went into the To Do List and "View Recording History" and all of my shows that SHOULD have been planned to record via season passes (but weren't or wouldn't) had the following message:

"This program was not recorded because someone in your household modified the Season Pass, WishList or Auto-Recording that requested it."

For ALL 34 of my Season Passes? No way. Explain, then, why the Season Passes are showing nothing upcoming when there is most decisively items there?

So, I went through the list and manually-selected all my season pass shows for the next two weeks. I sincerely hope this is a transitional problem that will eventually get resolved. Soon.
GregA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 02:44 PM   #7
SunLaker

Big Grin Does 6.3b fix the problem???

Having sam problem as GregA with some programs recording from Season Pass and many not recording. Says "I don't subscribe to the channel...." or "Someone in household has modified the Season Pass.....". Both of these statements are false!
Will the 6.3b software update fix this problem??????????
If so, I will begin to force a download. If not, I don't want to complicate the issue further.

ANY HELP would be greatly appreciated.
SunLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 09:04 PM   #8
GregA

...and, to make matters confusing, the -250 guide/SP info is fine tonight. Whereas last night Season Passes were indicating "no upcoming shows", tonight all seems fine and they're now showing correctly...

For reference, We're still on 6.3a.
Old 12-22-2006, 09:06 PM   #9
phox_mulder
I get paid 2watch TV

Both my R10 and my HR10-250 have flip flopped between good guide data to bad guide data, back to good for a day, bad the next day, on and on for the past week.

Luckily, I've recorded next to nothing this week due to rerun season.

phox

TiVo S3-65 HD Hours-Lifetime
TiVo HD 20 HD Hours
DirecTV HR21-700 80+ HD Hours
DirecTV HR20-100 80+ HD Hours
Harmony 880 Remote Control
phox_mulder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 09:19 PM   #10
newsposter
Poster of News

reboot didnt immediately cure the problem. 6.3 a machine still wont put in the complete guide data

also says data until dec 27 only

!

Old 12-23-2006, 10:28 AM   #11
SpankyInChicago

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunLaker
Having sam problem as GregA with some programs recording from Season Pass and many not recording. Says "I don't subscribe to the channel...." or "Someone in household has modified the Season Pass.....". Both of these statements are false!
Will the 6.3b software update fix this problem??????????
If so, I will begin to force a download. If not, I don't want to complicate the issue further.

ANY HELP would be greatly appreciated.
I first reported this here:

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...d.php?t=325801

about two months ago.

I did a C&D everything. Major pain in the ass. It did fix it.

BUT! Now the problem is back and I am still at 6.3a.

Now that the HR20 has Viiv features, it is really starting to look more and more like I might move to that.

SpankyInChicago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 01:15 PM   #12
newsposter
Poster of News

i rebooted, made daily call..and still guide data after the 27th is very very sparse.

on the pick program screen only..i have the acquiring data message...but even tonights data on some channels isnt there.

ideas?

!

Old 12-23-2006, 01:38 PM   #13
Wolffpack
Giddy Up!

My two are running 6.3b and both show guide data for Seinfeld out through 01/04.
Wolffpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 09:40 AM   #14
jaypb

6.3b software here.....

...and I've been having problems with my SP's and Wishlists since the damn thing came down (Believe I received it on Wednesday AM)!

Noticed last night that ALL of my Wishlists showed "no programs were found"....yet these same Wishlists on my other HR10's show a multitude of programming for the same Wishlists (And the other HR10's are still on 6.3a)

My System Information screen shows guide data through 1/4/07 and the last data download was this AM....so I'm not sure what is going on....especially since I'd read (quickly) that 6.3b was supposed to fix some of the problems that 6.3a caused (notably my OTA Fox audio dropout hell).

The things currently in my To Do List populate through 1/7....so I'm not sure when the guide data/programming started going bad....but I'm assuming it was when 6.3b came down.

I'll probably try the clear/delete program info/To do list tonight whilst wrapping gifts overnight because I have too much recording today (Sunday TIcket day) to start futzing with things now.

PITA
jaypb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 01:47 PM   #15
newsposter
Poster of News

my A problem is slowly curing itself. Guide data appears 90% + filled in and goes to 1/5

however now have problems with shows having a checkmark (to be recorded) but it's not possible to cancel or record them ..yes that's as strange as it sounds

!

Old 12-25-2006, 03:15 AM   #16
gusbear

I got the 6.3 update 2 days ago, and noticed today that things were not recording that should have been (i.e. football Wishlist). I saw that any wishlist I added showed "No Upcoming Showings" despite a forced-call and a reboot.

But, later this evening, the wishlists were starting to populate. I'm guessing the guide data needed to be re-acqured and it took some time.

So far, no hangs nor spontaneous reboots.

Gus
gusbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 06:07 AM   #17
GregA

It's baaack....nothing on the To-Do list past about 01/02.

But, this is obviously a much more widespread problem. There's threads on this all over this board...
Old 12-27-2006, 03:29 PM   #18
rb5505

Quote:
Originally Posted by phox_mulder
Both my R10 and my HR10-250 have flip flopped between good guide data to bad guide data, back to good for a day, bad the next day, on and on for the past week.

Luckily, I've recorded next to nothing this week due to rerun season.

phox
exactly our problem.
rb5505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 07:20 AM   #19
GregA

Yup, mine's back to "good"...

For now.

Sigh.
Old 12-28-2006, 10:55 AM   #20
rb5505

same here. overnight it seems to have filled in the rest of the missing guide info. this is the 2nd or 3rd time it fixed itself overnight, then went back to the problem a bit later.
rb5505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 04:23 PM   #21
goony

A possible explanation from DirecTV support.
goony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 09:12 PM   #22
Wolffpack
Giddy Up!

I guess I'm missing how that translates to the guide problem.
Wolffpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 09:51 PM   #23
SpankyInChicago

Quote:
Originally Posted by goony
Impossible.

I first experienced and described these problems here back on November 9th. Others also described them at that time and at times after up until the last week or so. Certainly the number of complaints has grown quite a bit in the last week or so, but it has been around since 6.3a came out.

SpankyInChicago is offline   Reply With Quote