TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > DirecTV Receiver with TiVo
TiVo Community

Forum Jump

Old 12-19-2006, 08:56 PM   #31
EricG
TiVo Junkie

I'm getting it too.
Is DirecTV trying to 'break' my TiVo so I'll get their POS R15????
Hughes HDVR2 (107 hr)
Old 12-19-2006, 10:09 PM   #32
chrishicks
Tivo Junkie

one of my units just rebooted itself all on its own. I'm just waiting for the other one to do it now.

EDIT: the second unit just rebooted too.
Motorola RNG200N Comcast HD DVR
Old 12-19-2006, 10:53 PM   #33
Matt L

Glad to see something is being done about this. This is the first major problem I've had with TiVo in 5 years, and it's D's fault.

I even deleted and re entered my season passes for the missing shows and they still did not show up, I'll check again and see if they are back...
Old 12-20-2006, 12:44 AM   #34
vegasmach1

Had to reset everything. Once completed I lost all my locals, called cust service and they had to resend the signal. Channels are back but the guide is still messed up. The Pick Programs to record is far from complete. Not sure what to do next.
Old 12-20-2006, 03:50 AM   #35
OLdDog
Reformed Druid

Well the problem has switched for me. My Series 2 DTiVo now has complete data and all WLs and SP and searches by title, actor, or keyword are working just fine but my 2 series 1 DTiVos seem to have complete guide data but the WLs and searches are not working mostly.

An example of the above is an actor WL for Sean Connery returns no matches on either of my series ones while the series 2 has over 30 hits.

Any attempt to create an actor WL on the series 1 says the actor is not in the data base. That is if I go to creat a WL and select actor then press C I get the actor is not in the data base; there seems to be no actors with names starting with C.

I hope my series 1s will go through whatever guide data update my series 2 did and the problem will be fixed.

BTW: The series 2 NEVER got any update to the system as it never rebooted but the problem is fixed. I believe the problem was in the guide data some way and not in the system. I believe my series 1s are just taking a lot longer to go through the indexing and rebuilding of the databases like the actor database.
Old 12-20-2006, 07:25 AM   #36
OLdDog
Reformed Druid

Now, finally, all my TiVos are fine again. The indexing and rebuilding of the databases completed about 8:00 AM EST. None of my TiVos ever rebooted so it was not a system level update I guess that something in the SAT stream of the guide data caused the problem and DTV fixed it and the TiVos rebuilt the various databases over time.
Old 12-20-2006, 08:38 AM   #37
Jumi

My Series 2 DTiVo did a spontaneous reboot late yesterday afternoon and this morning all seems fixed. NBC Nightly News is coming back on the To Do List for the first week of Jan, etc. Hope they made a permanent fix.
Old 12-20-2006, 10:20 AM   #38
IWantMyDTiVo

SAT-T60 season pass, search dead on 12/20 6AM PST

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumi
My Series 2 DTiVo did a spontaneous reboot late yesterday afternoon and this morning all seems fixed. NBC Nightly News is coming back on the To Do List for the first week of Jan, etc. Hope they made a permanent fix.
And my SAT-T60 was fine as of 11PM last night 12/19/06 (PST), and this AM was trashed as described by others. Guide data looks complete through 12-31-06, but Search by Title, Season Passes, and other features are trashed.

So, I was AOK until last night, and can only search for a very few programs; over 100 season pass and other "auto-record" shows were dumped and I need to hand scan listings by time and/or date.

I left the following posting: http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...39#post4693439
Old 12-20-2006, 07:24 PM   #39
PrimeRisk
TechnoGeek

Gosh darn it! 3 SA DTiVos and all 3 have dinked up service info... The wierdest thing is the shows are showing up in the Guide, but if you look at the season pass and look at upcoming episodes, they aren't there...

WTF DTV?
Old 12-20-2006, 07:39 PM   #40
daperlman
check the rhime

dammit they got me too. I am amazed that this thread isn't longer.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 12-20-2006, 07:46 PM   #41
OLdDog
Reformed Druid

First, before someone tries it, DO NOT DO A CLEAR AND DELETE EVERYTHING to fix this problem IT WILL NOT WORK. That is it will not shorten the time that it takes to get all the databases rebuilt.

However I will use it as an example of what is happening:
When you so a clear and delete everything it deletes all the indexes and the databases involved in searching. After it completes it takes many hours, up tp a full day, for those indexes and databases to be rebuilt.

Something in the DTiVos data has caused them to dump the databases and it takes time, as much as a day or so, for those databases to rebuild. As after a C&D there is nothing that can be done to speed up the rebuild so we just have to wait for the rebuild to finish.
Old 12-20-2006, 08:45 PM   #42
drew2k
Drew != Drawn

I haven't been hit by this bug (yet) but I'm wondering if anyone reported it to DirecTV and what the response was?
Old 12-20-2006, 08:48 PM   #43
daperlman
check the rhime

Quote:
Originally Posted by drew2k
I haven't been hit by this bug (yet) but I'm wondering if anyone reported it to DirecTV and what the response was?
http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...&&#post4688269

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 12-20-2006, 09:06 PM   #44
drew2k
Drew != Drawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by daperlman
Thanks ... I must have been skimming and missed that bit!
Old 12-20-2006, 09:22 PM   #45
chrishicks
Tivo Junkie

its just DTVs secret way of trying to get people to move to their own crappy dvr. they screw up tivo a bunch of times and when people call and complain DTV hints "tivos are very outdated and our newer dvrs are much better and don't have this issue"
Motorola RNG200N Comcast HD DVR
Old 12-20-2006, 10:46 PM   #46
Hyperion

OK, now this thread is longer b/c DTV screwed up my unit too. Only took me two days to figure out that no one has been secretly cancelling my shows. I'm a little slow.
Old 12-21-2006, 02:06 AM   #47
goony

Fyi

3 of my 4 'enhanced' DTivos have a 'normal' looking ToDo list via the web interface (future programs to record and Tivo Service Data entries), but the 4th one lacks the nightly 'Tivo Service Data' entries.

I wonder if a reboot of #4 will help any...
Old 12-21-2006, 10:12 AM   #48
goony

I found the #4 box stuck at 9% in the "Aquiring info from satellite" DirecTV screen. Went in with the peanut, did a restart... now box is operational, but the ToDo list still has no entries for Tivo Service Data.
Old 12-21-2006, 10:18 AM   #49
pacbellguy

I first noticed something strange over a week ago when a Wishlist item didn't record. I actually thought someone in the household did mess it up.

Then realized last night, my nightly news show didn't record. History gave same message as noted earlier.

I'm glad most of my shows are repeats right now.
Old 12-21-2006, 10:55 AM   #50
srs5694

FWIW, I'm having this problem, too, starting a day or so ago with my Sony SAT-T60 (Series 1) unit. For me, none of my Auto-Recording Wish Lists are recording, and if I try to view upcoming episodes, it says there are none, although they do appear in the guide data. Very obnoxious.
Old 12-21-2006, 12:54 PM   #51
daperlman
check the rhime

this f--in sucks. I am missing a good 20 hours worth of things b/t my 3 machines.

Old 12-21-2006, 05:03 PM   #52
PAP

I'm also screwed here. First time in 6 years that Tivo has ever failed me. does anyone have a solution?

Strange thing - I'm picking up some episodes - for example O'reilly factor repeats at 11 pm and 4 am, but not the first run at 8 pm. Yet if I scroll channel guide manually it's there and if I go from there it pulls me to my season pass. Yet the upcoming shows doesn't list it! Totally screwed up.
Old 12-21-2006, 05:25 PM   #53
daperlman
check the rhime

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAP
I'm also screwed here. First time in 6 years that Tivo has ever failed me. does anyone have a solution?

Strange thing - I'm picking up some episodes - for example O'reilly factor repeats at 11 pm and 4 am, but not the first run at 8 pm. Yet if I scroll channel guide manually it's there and if I go from there it pulls me to my season pass. Yet the upcoming shows doesn't list it! Totally screwed up.
This is exactly the behavior mine is demonstrating. O'Reilly is what tipped me off. It was 8 and the record light was out...

Old 12-21-2006, 05:32 PM   #54
Bob Coxner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumi
Same thing here (Cleveland locals). Random missing SP stuff in the To Do List - all NBC. All future "Evening News" missing but I could enter them individually manually. Put in an SP for "Identity" and it only found Tues and Thurs this week. Had to enter Mon, Wed and Fri manually. "Leno" missing Wed, Th and Fri this week. Entered manually. Weird! When I checked for future episodes none were there even though they are all in the guide. Better check To Do daily!!!
EXACTLY the same going on for me. Just started today. I unplugged the DTivo to see if that would straighten it out but no joy.

Better check the To Do History as well. That way you can see which non-recordings should be corrected.
Old 12-21-2006, 06:13 PM   #55
JimSpence
Just hangin'

I'll have to jump in here and say that I got bit last night by this bug. I woke up this morning and noticed that my HR10-250 had rebooted. Yeah, I said. 6.3b must have been loaded. Well, it hadn't and Leno and Letterman hadn't been recorded. The "somebody altered ..." message was in the History list. I then discovered that my DSR6000 had also rebooted. Nothing lost since that TiVo is only used for conflicts.
Old 12-21-2006, 06:39 PM   #56
jca
Designer

Exclamation Problem remains.

Well, it's been three days and this problem still remains for us.

Since this "bad guide data" (?) problem only seems to be affecting certain shows, it's hard to track the problem. I only see this problem with two CBS shows in our Season Pass listing: the CBS EVENING NEWS and 60 MINUTES.

Quote:
dammit they got me too. I am amazed that this thread isn't longer.
I think many people have this problem but do not realize it for several reasons:

It only seems to affect certain shows.

We're in the mid-season rerun break, so many shows are not being recorded until after the new year. No one is missing their recording of a new episode of HEROES, for example.

Since this is the holiday season, fewer people are watching television and/or paying attention to their recordings, season passes, etc.

I really hope this gets fixed soon. Has anyone called DirecTV lately about this? Has info on this problem filtered down to the CSRs yet?
Old 12-21-2006, 07:02 PM   #57
drew2k
Drew != Drawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by jca
Well, it's been three days and this problem still remains for us.

Since this "bad guide data" (?) problem only seems to be affecting certain shows, it's hard to track the problem. I only see this problem with two CBS shows in our Season Pass listing: the CBS EVENING NEWS and 60 MINUTES.
The problem is also occurring on Fox with The O.C., which I had to manually set to record this evening.

BTW - I'm still on 6.03a and as far as I can tell, my HR10 has not rebooted in a while.
Old 12-21-2006, 08:39 PM   #58
HiDefGator

I first noticed it when 2 of my 3 boxes were not recording the ABC national news. No idea why the third box didn't choke on it to.
Old 12-21-2006, 10:29 PM   #59
purelladdict

I noticed that my system information had been downloaded, but the
data was still screwed up. I forced a phone call that wasn't scheduled
for another 3 days and as soon as it finished all of the shows showed
up again. I remember a year or so back when they had the bug that
locked up the DirectTV Tivos that you had to do the phone call thing after
they downloaded the new software. Maybe it was a complete coincidence
but it worked for me.
Old 12-21-2006, 11:00 PM   #60
Falstaff

My turn. Nothing is recording. I especially like that it tries to blame someone in your household for the screwup.