TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > DirecTV Receiver with TiVo
TiVo Community

Forum Jump

Old 12-18-2006, 12:35 PM   #1
islander

Not recording -- "Someone modified the season pass?!?!"

My DirecTiVo has lost a bunch of items from the to do list.

I just checked, and there's maybe 10 shows being recorded in the next 7 days.

I happened to notice it because NewsRadio was supposed to be recording at 1pm on TBS, but it wasn't. I went into the to do list, and it wasn't listed there, so I looked in the Recording History and saw it said:
Quote:
This program was not recorded because someone in your household modified the season pass, wishlist or autorecording that scheduled it.
It's reporting that for a number of other shows, too, like Good Eats and Mythbusters. I didn't modify any season passes lately (and no one else lives here) so I don't know how that could happen.

Furthermore, when I look at NewsRadio's season pass (or several other shows) it reports "No Programs were Found," even though the guide itself shows NewsRadio as being on every day on TBS at 1pm.

It also claims there are no upcoming episodes of Mythbusters when I look in its season pass, even though I can see in the guide that there's episodes on Wednesday night at 9 pm, 11 pm, and 1 am (among others).

Evidently, it hasn't lost all the episodes of some shows -- it claims that Jeopardy! is only on tonight (12/18), 12/22, 12/25, and 12/26, although the guide reports it as being on every weekday like normal.

Anyone ever seen anything like this? I tried restarting, but that didn't help.

Last edited by islander : 12-18-2006 at 01:06 PM. Reason: typo
Old 12-18-2006, 12:55 PM   #2
phox_mulder
I get paid 2watch TV

I've seen that when the guide data changed within 12 hours of the recording.

I.E. Network put in a rerun instead of a new episode, changed the start time from 9:00 to 9:01, dropped the program entirely and stuck in something else.

It's as if the TiVo isn't quite done indexing the new guide data, so it isn't quite sure what to do with a program, so it covers it's rear by saying someone in the household messed up.

I know that no one in my household did anything, as I am the only one that uses the TiVo's.

I've taken to checking the ToDo list when I'm done watching for the evening.
Making sure everything is going to record, checking why things aren't going to.
I've caught a number of missed recordings before they were missed this way.

phox

TiVo S3-65 HD Hours-Lifetime
TiVo HD 20 HD Hours
DirecTV HR21-700 80+ HD Hours
DirecTV HR20-100 80+ HD Hours
Harmony 880 Remote Control
Old 12-18-2006, 01:04 PM   #3
islander

Thanks....

Maybe it is just re-indexing or something, because I just went back and checked MythBusters' season pass and now it says "there are 31 upcoming episodes" where before there were none listed.

None are scheduled to record, yet, but maybe they will pop back in soon. Fingers crossed.
Old 12-18-2006, 02:10 PM   #4
Jumi

Same thing here (Cleveland locals). Random missing SP stuff in the To Do List - all NBC. All future "Evening News" missing but I could enter them individually manually. Put in an SP for "Identity" and it only found Tues and Thurs this week. Had to enter Mon, Wed and Fri manually. "Leno" missing Wed, Th and Fri this week. Entered manually. Weird! When I checked for future episodes none were there even though they are all in the guide. Better check To Do daily!!!
Old 12-18-2006, 02:36 PM   #5
islander

I'm checking my to do list now and it looks like everything is back in place.

Weird.
Old 12-18-2006, 02:51 PM   #6
petersweston
Tivos cool Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by islander
I'm checking my to do list now and it looks like everything is back in place.

Weird.
Gremlins
Old 12-18-2006, 03:07 PM   #7
Jumi

Not back here!
Old 12-18-2006, 03:19 PM   #8
Sartori

Hello

Yes mines been messed up too. It didn't record the season finale of survivor but recorded the reunion. I caught it in time and got the later feed though. It also said that somebody modified the season pass. And it was scheduled to record earlier in the day.

I'm also showing like 20 dirty jobs and 20 mythbusters coming up, which doesn't make any sesnse either because their all on one day......
Old 12-18-2006, 03:28 PM   #9
phox_mulder
I get paid 2watch TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sartori
I'm also showing like 20 dirty jobs and 20 mythbusters coming up, which doesn't make any sesnse either because their all on one day......
Discovery Channel is showing all Mythbusters, all the time on Christmas Day.

phox

TiVo HD 20 HD Hours
Old 12-18-2006, 03:40 PM   #10
Sartori

Sorry I guess I should have added that I have set on First Run only......
Old 12-18-2006, 03:44 PM   #11
islander

Quote:
Quote:
Sorry I guess I should have added that I have set on First Run only......
Dirty Jobs and Mythbusters both have some shows listed without description -- I know they're having a fan poll on Discovery.com to decide what episodes of DJ to air on Christmas Eve.

I assume since it doesn't have a show description yet, the season pass thinks they're new.
Old 12-18-2006, 03:57 PM   #12
Sartori

Okay that makes sense then
Old 12-18-2006, 05:49 PM   #13
balboa dave
well rounded

Same thing happened to me today. I had to re-enter dozens of shows, and missed a couple of recordings. And these were shows on the ToDo list last night. Different units having the same indexing error is not a coincidence. Something screwed up, and it had to have come from DirecTV.
Old 12-18-2006, 06:36 PM   #14
jca
Designer

Arrow Same here.

I have the same problem as well. The CBS Evening News didn't record tonight with the same error. When looking at the guide, the show is there, but when selecting "View Upcoming Episodes" it gives a "No Upcoming Showings" screen (which is obviously wrong).

Deleting the Season Pass and re-adding it does not fix it.

Restarting the DirecTivo does not fix it.

Anyone have other ideas?

Last edited by jca : 12-18-2006 at 07:10 PM.
Old 12-18-2006, 06:43 PM   #15
phox_mulder
I get paid 2watch TV

This is looking more and more like corrupt guide data from DirecTV.

phox

TiVo HD 20 HD Hours
Old 12-18-2006, 07:14 PM   #16
OLdDog
Reformed Druid

I had the same issue on my series 2 DTiVo but both my series 1 DTiVos seemed fine. Virtually none of my WLs were finding any programs but most were in the guide. Even a search by title did not find the missing programs.

I rebooted the series 2 and there was no changes. After about an hour I rechecked and some of the programs were back and within 4 hours or so virtually all the programs were back in the WL searches.

I believe that there was a glitch of some kind in the DTV guide data and then it was corrected and it took some time for my DTiVo to reindex the data.

What I do not know or have a good way to explain is why the SPs/ARWLs reported the reason "Someone altered the SP". What I would have expected is "The program is no longer in the guide."

Whatever the actual reason it seemed to only affect my series 2 and all is OK now
Old 12-18-2006, 08:12 PM   #17
Jumi

Same experience as JCA. No fix but to manually reenter individual episodes. As of now nothing is back here.
Old 12-18-2006, 08:47 PM   #18
chrishicks
Tivo Junkie

I lost my entire list of shows for this week. I just finished re-entering them all manually.
Motorola RNG200N Comcast HD DVR
Old 12-19-2006, 01:36 AM   #19
lmk911

I am having the same problem with one of my R10s and my HR10-250. I get the “season pass was modified” or “no upcoming episodes” message on some of my season passes.

AU9 5-LNB Slimline Dish
2-HR21-700, HR20-100 & HR20-700 - All HDMI
2-Unhacked Sony SAT-60, 2-R10, 1-HR10-250 retired
Sony RDR-HX900 & RDR-HX715 DVD Recorders
Old 12-19-2006, 02:08 AM   #20
SLACer

Same problem here. Wishlists and Season Passes mostly show no upcoming episodes. Can search by time and channel just fine. Manual recording requests work. Looks like only a small portion of the program guide database is searchable.

Talked to 5 service reps at DirecTV before one of them was able to find a statement that this issue arises with the latest software roll-out. They will release a software version on beginning on 19 December that they hope will fix the problem.
Old 12-19-2006, 02:12 AM   #21
RedRider

Well, I am glad I am not the only one this is happening too. I am still not getting any returns on my search all wishlists though.

You know, while this subject is brought up has anyone ever caught a glitch in their wishlist returns? For instance, last November FX re aired season 5 of The Shield. I only caught the last five episodes of it. The Wishlist return always listed re runs on the Spike Channel or The CW Channel. Now I know that the wishlist only returns the top 10 items for each wishlist, so I thought maybe it just happened that the reruns on those channels (CW and Spike) were always in the top ten. However, one day the Wishlist Search only returned 8 listings for The Shield, and one of the listings was on the FX channel-this was the re airing of Season 5 by the way. NOW, not to make this anymore confusing, but if I selected the FX listing then selected 'view upcoming episodes' another FOUR episodes came up! (All of them were not identical to what was shown on the return for the wishlist.) Anyway, that has been bugging me ever since. If there were in essence, 12 upcoming episodes of The Shield out there why did the Wishlist search only show eight??? And, is there anyway to get rid of the top ten limit search for a wishlist?

Thanks!
Old 12-19-2006, 02:30 AM   #22
helene g

Red face I had this problem

I called dtv and they said that there was a new update download and that it would take a bit of time for the guide etc to be re-entered, but that everything should be ok in a few hours or a day. Crossing my fingers.

H
Old 12-19-2006, 02:39 AM   #23
Mechanic420

I have the exact problem as Islander and countless others (no doubt)... Countdown With Keith Olbermann didn't record, and wouldn't have this week unless I manually added them.

This was after I updated my DVR (dialed-in). Before that, I couldn't even see the show in the "View Upcoming Showings" section of the Season Pass like others.

Definitely something messed up here... my To Do List only shows one program being recorded a day... and that ain't right! I pay for this, don't I?

-- Mechanic420
Old 12-19-2006, 06:58 AM   #24
itsmeitsmeitsme

I am having the same problem. Did the ole reset per the customer rep at 1:00 am this morning. I havent checked the to do list this morning yet.
Old 12-19-2006, 10:36 AM   #25
LlamaLarry

Is the guide data cache stored in /var? My boxes seem to reboot themselves every couple of days and wipe out /var.
Old 12-19-2006, 10:56 AM   #26
chrishicks
Tivo Junkie

is this related?

I tried to connect to the DVR service and I get this:

Update in Progress

you cannot begin a new connection or change dialing options because the recorder is currently acquiring DVR service information. see messages & setup/ system info for the status of the download

I checked my system info and my download status is "succeeded" for the service connection and "completed" for service data download. the data download looks like this:

last successful: monday, Dec. 18 at 2:35am
last attempt: tues, dec. 19 at 5:29am
last status: completed
Motorola RNG200N Comcast HD DVR
Old 12-19-2006, 12:07 PM   #27
dhnjp1

All my recordings are back in the To Do list this morning. Every single season pass and wish list recording, except my wife's Oprah , was missing last night. Rebooting last night didn't fix it, so the new guide data must be out.

--Dan
Old 12-19-2006, 05:55 PM   #28
frack

I've missed several shows on my SAT-T60 because the Recording History says "Someone modified the Season Pass". Currently I have 21 Season Passes, but only one item on my To Do list. There should be hundreds of items on my To Do list. My season passes are for daily shows (The Daily Show, Pardon the Interruption, etc) and are set to record repeats.

I've tried creating new Season Passes for some of these shows and it still says none are upcoming. I guess I will just wait it out as others seem to have done, but this is very disappointing.
Old 12-19-2006, 06:00 PM   #29
John T Smith

See message #3 here
http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...d.php?t=332358

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

http://www.pacifier.com/~jtsmith
Old 12-19-2006, 08:52 PM   #30
ericL
Abbie Normal

My Tivo that's still messed up did its last service download this morning at 3am, but it hasn't indexed since then. My Tivo that's well did index today and it's fine. I assume there's nothing I can do with my bad one except wait??

One interesting thing is that, as far as I can tell, only my Wishlists are messed up, and every WL is totally messed up, I don't have any upcoming episodes in any WLs. Every SP I've checked looks fine. Weird.

thanks.