Series2 DirecTV SD Unit 212 47.96%
Series2 DirecTV HD Unit 90 20.36%
Series2 Standalone Unit 113 25.57%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 442. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Jump

Old 10-27-2006, 08:28 AM   #271
anmoore
Anmoore

Sorry I didn't get back sooner. I found that not using hyphens did the trick. Tivo online and Tivo boxes show hyphens.

Thanks
anmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 11:08 AM   #272
Fofer
༺♥༻

TC CLUB MEMBER
Something's changed with the gotomydvr.com web page; because this week I had an opportunity to use it on the road, via my Treo 700p, and the browser on this platform (Blazer) didn't work. All I see is the top navigation bar, but TiVoWeb's actual navigation doesn't display.

I had to call my friend and have him log into my TiVo from his desktop browser... which kind of defeats the purpose for me. The whole joy of TiVoWeb is being able to set up last-minute recordings when I'm on the road... from my smartphone.

It initially (at one point) did work on this Treo, so something's been changed...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- a list of some favorite browser add-ons that help make TCF even more enjoyable!
Fofer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 05:31 PM   #273
tivoupgrade
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fofer
Something's changed with the gotomydvr.com web page; because this week I had an opportunity to use it on the road, via my Treo 700p, and the browser on this platform (Blazer) didn't work. All I see is the top navigation bar, but TiVoWeb's actual navigation doesn't display.

I had to call my friend and have him log into my TiVo from his desktop browser... which kind of defeats the purpose for me. The whole joy of TiVoWeb is being able to set up last-minute recordings when I'm on the road... from my smartphone.

It initially (at one point) did work on this Treo, so something's been changed...
As far as I know, nothing much has changed. We did put a .swf banner add at the top of the page - not sure if that would have affected things...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

tivoupgrade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 03:44 PM   #274
Fofer
༺♥༻

TC CLUB MEMBER
Well, allow me to submit this as a bug report then; I am unable to navigate the site properly on a the default Palm OS web browser, Blazer. If anyone else with a Treo 700p can corroborate, I'd appreciate it.

I've just tried again with the same results. The top navigation bar loads and I can select which TiVo to connect to, but the actual "TiVoWeb" frame doesn't display.

Seeing as the Treo smartphone is the only way I'd connect to my TiVo remotely, this is somewhat of a dealbreaker.

- a list of some favorite browser add-ons that help make TCF even more enjoyable!
Old 11-08-2006, 05:38 PM   #275
tivoupgrade
Sponsor

Quote:
Well, allow me to submit this as a bug report then; I am unable to navigate the site properly on a the default Palm OS web browser, Blazer. If anyone else with a Treo 700p can corroborate, I'd appreciate it.

I've just tried again with the same results. The top navigation bar loads and I can select which TiVo to connect to, but the actual "TiVoWeb" frame doesn't display.

Seeing as the Treo smartphone is the only way I'd connect to my TiVo remotely, this is somewhat of a dealbreaker.
Weird; I don't know what could have changed that would have affected that. I'd hate to see you throw your Treo away, though... :-)

In any case, the site really isn't designed for smartphone usage so I'm surprised you were able to get to it that way at all - at some point, we'll look at detecting and providing a better way to deal with mobile devices, but that's not how the site is currently implemented (need to crawl before you walk, you know?).

Old 11-08-2006, 06:00 PM   #276
Fofer
༺♥༻

TC CLUB MEMBER
Yeah, and thanks for the feedback.

For the record though, I know it worked for me at one point (I was just annoyed at the HUGE navigation banner I had to scroll past, and reported as such here in this thread.)

I am also able to connect directly to my TiVoWeb via Blazer and it displays fine (of course.)

It must be some sort of frame issue with gotmydvr.com... or something to do with that new .swf, I'm thinking. I do sincerely hope you'll be able to get it working on any browser, as that's sort of the beauty of TiVoWeb.

In the meantime I'll check into alternate Palm OS browsers to see if I can suss out a workable solution...

Old 11-08-2006, 06:03 PM   #277
tivoupgrade
Sponsor

Quote:

It must be some sort of frame issue with gotmydvr.com... or something to do with that new .swf, I'm thinking. I do sincerely hope you'll be able to get it working on any browser, as that's sort of the beauty of TiVoWeb.
After yesterday's post, I had the .swf removed, thinking that may be the problem; if you haven't tried since then - please try again. If that wasn't the problem, then I honestly don't know - as far as I know, nothing has changed, but I'll keep my eyes open...

Old 11-08-2006, 06:48 PM   #278
Fofer
༺♥༻

TC CLUB MEMBER
Yep, tested again, and it still doesn't work with Blazer. If/when you're ready to test against this Palm OS standard browser, there's an emulator that may help, FWIW...

I just installed Opera Mini on the Treo and the page seems to load fine. It's not ideal, as Opera Mini is a bit clunky... but for me, it is better than nothing right now.

Thanks for the dialogue. Best of luck with the continuing work on this cool tool.

Old 11-13-2006, 11:23 AM   #279
mmeltzer

Forgive me if this has been answered already, but I can't find it anywhere here. I have a Series 2 DirecTiVo that I have set up with the Zipper, running software version 6.2, I set up a GoToMyDVR account with my TiVo's number. I just can't get the program installed. I copy and paste the command to get the install file into a Telnet session, but I always get the same response:

connect failed, reason = Connection timed out

(Yes, it shows up twice like that.) I have tried this several times, on different days and times. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-Michelle
mmeltzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 11:35 AM   #280
tivoupgrade
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmeltzer
Forgive me if this has been answered already, but I can't find it anywhere here. I have a Series 2 DirecTiVo that I have set up with the Zipper, running software version 6.2, I set up a GoToMyDVR account with my TiVo's number. I just can't get the program installed. I copy and paste the command to get the install file into a Telnet session, but I always get the same response:

(Yes, it shows up twice like that.) I have tried this several times, on different days and times. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-Michelle
Sounds like your TiVo can't reach our server. Probably something with your routing tables or something similar. I'd head back over to whatever support threads you used for configuring the zipper and look through there for help in verifying that your network configurations are setup properly.

Old 11-13-2006, 12:29 PM   #281
mmeltzer

Okay, so I went into my TiVo settings with TivoWebPlus and had to change the NetSettings slightly, and now it works fine. I was able to download and install the program, and tested it by connecting with a different computer and it works. Thanks!
mmeltzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 01:44 PM   #282
tivoupgrade
Sponsor

Excellent. Can you post a screen shot of what they should be setup like (if you think it will be useful to others?) Thx

Old 11-14-2006, 07:56 PM   #283
mrbogusbaxter

Smile Easy, Quick & Awesome

Easy install, I decided to completely format my HD and start form beginning. Simple telnet to receiver to install worked like a charm. Testing access here at work...not a glitch!

Ya know we have all been waiting for something like this...to remotely login and not have to jump through hoops to do it! Cant wait to see whats in store.

HDVR2 - Mod 300GB
Zipper, PTV Instant Cake, Tools CD.
Netgear FA-120 - WIRED (non wireless)

BB
mrbogusbaxter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 04:34 PM   #284
lhandelsman

Just an fyi, I got this up and running after I Zipper'ed my drive. No problems whatsoever.

Works great.

DSR7000 DirecTiVO
airlink USB adapter to DLink bridge to Linksys wireless g router

PS-I thought Zipper installed this tool, and when it didn't work at first, I tried to run ps - aux and I kept getting errors saying that -a was not a valid switch for ps or something. What am I doing wrong?

Last edited by lhandelsman : 11-15-2006 at 05:40 PM. Reason: addition
lhandelsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 10:55 PM   #285
jporter12
TiVo changed my life

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhandelsman
Just an fyi, I got this up and running after I Zipper'ed my drive. No problems whatsoever.

Works great.

DSR7000 DirecTiVO
airlink USB adapter to DLink bridge to Linksys wireless g router

PS-I thought Zipper installed this tool, and when it didn't work at first, I tried to run ps - aux and I kept getting errors saying that -a was not a valid switch for ps or something. What am I doing wrong?
Runs great my DSR7000, Zippered, TWP 1.3.0. I use a Linksys USB200 (ver 2, I believe) and a Netgear WGPS606 print server/4 port switch for a bridge.

I get the same issue with ps. If I run just "ps" without the "-aux", I get a long list, which does show the proper processes running. Maybe a different version of ps is being used?

Sorry if this has already been hammered out, but for putting this into Hackman, how about a restart option, along with a stop button? This may be better discussed over in the Hackman thread though.

Anyway, thanks for a great addition to my TiVo!
jporter12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 08:57 PM   #286
tivoupgrade
Sponsor

Happy Thanksgiving!

For those of you heading home/away for the Thanksgiving holiday, log into your gotomydvr account and make sure everything is working OK -- I haven't heard of any problems in some time, so I assume things are working well!!!

Cheers,
Lou

Old 11-26-2006, 08:29 AM   #287
kimsan
underling

Quote:
Originally Posted by tivoupgrade
For those of you heading home/away for the Thanksgiving holiday, log into your gotomydvr account and make sure everything is working OK -- I haven't heard of any problems in some time, so I assume things are working well!!!

Cheers,
Lou
Hey Lou,

Great stuff on both gotomydvr and Slicer.

gotomydvr is working perfectly on my primary 3.1.5f HR10-250. No issues.

Bedroom HR10 is Zipper/Slicer upgraded to 6.3a. No joy.

I replaced http_get and followed your latest instructions:

Quote:
http_get -T 0 -C 0 -D /var/tmp -U http://68.178.174.173:80/b_install.sh
sh /var/tmp/b_install.sh
/gotomydvr/etc/rc.gotomydvr &
and got:

Quote:
/gotomydvr/bin/dbclient: connection to gotomydvr_user@68.178.174.173:22 exited:
Failed to get remote version
Also tried a reboot with this in .author:

Quote:
#############################################
# Connect to the gotomydvr server:
if [ -f /gotomydvr/etc/rc.gotomydvr ]; then
echo $gotomydvr_stub
fi
Any thoughts?

As a bonus question, any reason to leave this:

Quote:
#############################################
# Connect to the gotomydvr server:
# if [ -f /gotomydvr/etc/rc.gotomydvr ]; then
# echo $gotomydvr_stub
# fi
in .author once 6.3a is in?

Thanks for all your work on the *whole* product line!

kim

Last edited by kimsan : 11-26-2006 at 08:51 AM.
kimsan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 10:48 AM   #288
tivoupgrade
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimsan
Hey Lou,

Great stuff on both gotomydvr and Slicer.

gotomydvr is working perfectly on my primary 3.1.5f HR10-250. No issues.

Bedroom HR10 is Zipper/Slicer upgraded to 6.3a. No joy.

I replaced http_get and followed your latest instructions:

and got:

Also tried a reboot with this in .author:

Any thoughts?

As a bonus question, any reason to leave this:

in .author once 6.3a is in?

Thanks for all your work on the *whole* product line!
Sounds like your unit may not be able to see the "outside" world, but can't say for sure. I have NO experience with the zipper, so you should check on their support threads to see if its something related to that.

Thx

Old 11-27-2006, 05:55 PM   #289
kimsan
underling

Quote:
Sounds like your unit may not be able to see the "outside" world, but can't say for sure. I have NO experience with the zipper, so you should check on their support threads to see if its something related to that.

Thx
I'll check there as well.

Since I could *get* the gotomydvr files by IP address, it would seem the box can see the outside world. If the app itself uses a name rather than IP it points to broken DNS. At least that seems like the most obvious choice to me.

Thanks again for all the great stuff you provide!

kim
Old 11-27-2006, 09:15 PM   #290
tivoupgrade
Sponsor

Quote:
I'll check there as well.

Since I could *get* the gotomydvr files by IP address, it would seem the box can see the outside world. If the app itself uses a name rather than IP it points to broken DNS. At least that seems like the most obvious choice to me.

Thanks again for all the great stuff you provide!
Everything is IP based; so not a DNS issue. I'd check to ensure you don't have some sort of firewalling going on that could be blocking outgoing connections on outgoing ports. Whatever is going on seems to be very specific to your environment, so I'd try to isolate/eliminate the variables as much as possible.

Thx for the good words...

Lou

Old 11-29-2006, 04:43 AM   #291
kimsan
underling

Quote:
Everything is IP based; so not a DNS issue. I'd check to ensure you don't have some sort of firewalling going on that could be blocking outgoing connections on outgoing ports. Whatever is going on seems to be very specific to your environment, so I'd try to isolate/eliminate the variables as much as possible.

Lou
No joy so far. TWP certainly works for 6.3a and 3.1.5.f on the local net and via gotomydvr on the 3.1.5f box only. But the 3.1.5f box is also running and older version of TWP. Possible issue.

Both can ping the outside world via name or IP.

No firewall in effect on the router/gateway.

Still digging in.

Thanks for the pointers.

kim
Old 11-29-2006, 01:59 PM   #292
zayash
Some Dude

Red face Login issues?

Hello,

Love the potential of this service, but I'm running into a problem.

After selecting my TiVo on the SELECTiVo page, I get the following window,

The server gotomydvr at TivoWebPlus - v1.3.1 requires a username and password.

I typed the same Username and Password that I used to logon to my account.
No good.
What am I missing?
zayash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 02:18 PM   #293
zayash
Some Dude

Voila!..Got the solution further back on this thread!

Login: oztivo
No password.

I LOVE THIS SERVICE!!!!
zayash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 03:32 PM   #294
tivoupgrade
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by zayash
Voila!..Got the solution further back on this thread!

Login: oztivo
No password.

I LOVE THIS SERVICE!!!!
Glad you got things sorted!

To clarify for others who are reading the thread; the username/password you had to enter was not related to the gotomydvr service at all - its part of the configuration of your version of TiVoWebPlus which requires you to enter a username/password when accessing your unit from outside your network.

IE - had you mapped ports using your router, instead of using gotomydvr.com, you'd have faced the same issue.

As far as I know, this is the default configuration of TiVoWebPlus 1.3.1...

Old 11-30-2006, 02:42 PM   #295
grizzly_cs

Workin fine except the occasional timeout during write operations in tivoweb... (Blocklist, mostly) which is no big deal, since a refresh shows the changes etc...

Hughes SD-DVR 40 - Linksys200m
Hughes HDVR2 - Netgear FA-120

Both modded with Zipper

Router - Linksys BEFSR81 / Motorola Surfboard SB5100 Cable Modem
grizzly_cs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 12:00 AM   #296
ForrestB

Does installing this software on the Tivo cause it to reboot regularly? I have 2 Zippered Tivo's and the one with the remote access tool reboots every 2-3 days (middle of the night), while the other Zippered Tivo that doesn't have remote access installed currently has an uptime of 33 days. Both are running TWP 1.2.1
ForrestB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 01:07 AM   #297
tivoupgrade
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForrestB
Does installing this software on the Tivo cause it to reboot regularly? I have 2 Zippered Tivo's and the one with the remote access tool reboots every 2-3 days (middle of the night), while the other Zippered Tivo that doesn't have remote access installed currently has an uptime of 33 days. Both are running TWP 1.2.1
No; if your TiVo is spontaneously rebooting than it is likely due to some other reason; it is possible that it could be interacting with something else that is causing the reboot, but in standard PTVnet installations I know of no issues. Also, I think there are enough other folks that are using gotomydvr with zippered systems that if that were happening, someone would have mentioned it by now.

I'd try disabling the gotomydvr stuff and eliminating variables until you find the culprit.

Old 12-03-2006, 06:18 AM   #298
ForrestB

OK, thanks for the info. The Tivo is NOT spontaneously rebooting, but doing it on schedule. If the remote access software is not causing it, then I think it was an option when I Zippered the drives.
ForrestB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 04:11 PM   #299
kimsan
underling

Quote:

Lou
Further digging reveals gotomydvr runs fine from bash and is fully accessable, but ends when the bash session closes.

/gotomtdvr/etc/rc.gotomydvr & in rc.sysinit.author does *not* continue running on 3.1.5.f or 6.3a.

Probably answered back a few pages. I'll be reading up as time allows.

This'll be lovely ones I get my head out of my arse

kim
Old 12-03-2006, 07:25 PM   #300
tivoupgrade
Sponsor

Quote:
Further digging reveals gotomydvr runs fine from bash and is fully accessable, but ends when the bash session closes.

/gotomtdvr/etc/rc.gotomydvr & in rc.sysinit.author does *not* continue running on 3.1.5.f or 6.3a.

Probably answered back a few pages. I'll be reading up as time allows.

This'll be lovely ones I get my head out of my arse
Yes, I think this is mentioned a few pages back; a simple way to deal with that... restart your unit, then things should run fine...