TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 11-22-2006, 05:54 PM   #1
btwyx
Substantive Member

How do you tell TiVo you have no guide data for one channel?

I just noticed Comcast in my area added Universal HD for my S3 to watch. TiVo haven't added the guide data for the channel though, its just "to be announced".

I know TiVo has a method for dealing with this sort of thing, I've seen references to it in passing (but its never been my problem before). So I looked in the FAQ. The link in the FAQ is broken though, but it gave me the right keyword to search for on the TiVo support site. "Line up" are the magic words. That brings up Reporting line up issues to TiVo, but the form you get to doesn't have an option for "I have a channel with no guide data" (see below).

I suppose it could be "Program Descriptions are Incorrect", I enetered it as "Incorrect Channels". My HR10-250 gets data for "UHD", my S3 doesn't get data for "Universal HD".

The form gives you these choices:

Incorrect Channels : Example: On channel 4 the TiVo Live Guide displays ABC, but it's really NBC.

Missing Channels : Example: Channel 5 is missing and it should be listed as PBS.

Program Descriptions are Incorrect : Example: The TiVo Live Guide shows ER on Channel 2 at 8:00 PM on 12/01/04, but should show CSI.

Time Zone is Incorrect : Example: Channel 120, which is CNBC, seems to be 3 hours off.

Missing Provider : Example: My cable provider is missing.
btwyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 06:19 PM   #2
yunlin12
Tivonation Citizen

I think it should be Missing Channels. The fact that the UHD shows up on the S3 is a result of cable card telling Tivo what channel it is. If you go to TivoCentralOnline, channel 727 is still not in the lineup.

I realized this when I did the cable card installation, as soon as the cable cards are activated, I can see channel names, even though I have not redone the guided setup, and downloaded the channel guide from Tivo yet.
Tivo S3 750GB (decommissioned)
Tivo HD 750GB (adopted by parents)
Tivo Premiere
Tivo Premiere XL
yunlin12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 06:43 PM   #3
mattack

Isn't there also a "lineups@tivo.com" or "lineup@tivo.com" email address? I think so.. You may want to try that. I know that the icon on my Tivos for one channel is wrong -- it gives the Starz icon for another one (I think Oxygen -- I only know because it records suggestions from there).
mattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 02:48 AM   #4
TiVoStephen
formerly TiVoOpsMgr

The form is the best way to submit it. I agree with Missing Channel as the choice to use (although almost anything you submit will cause us to review the lineups with Tribune and your cable provider and discover the problem).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
TiVoStephen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 08:33 AM   #5
MickeS

Either way should work... I've submitted a few of these requests over the years, and TiVo has been very responsive. If they need additional info they will call you, and you can clarify then.
MickeS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 10:23 AM   #6
btwyx
Substantive Member

I got a response (in addition to the auto response) which looks like someone is busily working on this at 10am on Thanksgiving.

Still no guide data though.
Old 11-23-2006, 10:35 AM   #7
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

Quote:
Originally Posted by btwyx
I got a response (in addition to the auto response) which looks like someone is busily working on this at 10am on Thanksgiving.

Still no guide data though.
Be prepared to be patient; I had to wait more than a month to get erroneous program data corrected. I know some folks report much faster response times, but that was not the case with my issue. In defense of TiVo, they always responded every time I e-mailed for an update. It was an issue with TMS not getting the correct HD program data from the local station in my market.

XL4
Bierboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 12:46 PM   #8
Dajad

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiVoStephen
The form is the best way to submit it. I agree with Missing Channel as the choice to use (although almost anything you submit will cause us to review the lineups with Tribune and your cable provider and discover the problem).
What Form? I'll happily fill it in if I could. My entire HD line up in Toronto Canada is missing. Postal Code M5E-1W5. Despite at least a dozen e-mails sent to Tribune and Zap2it.com (and TiVo), I've not received a single response from anyone as to when I might expect to have those channels added to my line-up.

Below is the table of digital ATSC stations I personally receive (but not all that are available).

2-1 - NBC HD (WGRZ)
2-2 - WGRZ radar-weather
4-1 - CBS HD (WIVB)
4-2 - WIVB radar-weather
4-3 - The CW SD (WNLO)
5-1 - CBC HD (CBLT)
7-1 - ABC HD (WKBW)
7-2 - RTN SD (retro tv network)
9-1 - CTV HD (CFTO)
23-1 - The CW HD (WNLO)
23-2 - WIVB radar-weather
23-3 - The CW SD (WNLO)
25-1 - CRC (CBC French)
29-1 - FOX HD (WUTV)
29-2 - FOX SD (WUTV)
43-1 - PBS HD (WNED HD)
43-2 - PBS SD (WNED)
43-3 - PBS SD (Think Bright)
44-1 - Omni 2 HD (CJMT)
57-1 - CITY TV HD
64-1 - Omni 1 HD (CFMT)
66-1 - SUN TV HD

The more definitive list of channels available in the Rochester/Buffalo/Greater Toronto areas is available here:

http://www.remotecentral.com/hdtv/

Ideally, all these channels would be made available from Tribune for TiVo for these areas because everyone’s reception will be different depending on their local circumstances. I know that I’d want all the channels listed in the RemoteCentral.com listing available on my TiVo to pick and choose as and when these channels come and go

Even if Tribune doesn't yet have a planned in-service date yet for my ATSC line-up it would be nice at least for someone at TiVo or Tribune to say - hey, we hear ya, we're working on it and we'll let you know as soon as we know.

But, so far ... all I get is radio silence.

More details available through the Using the S3 in Canada link below.

...Dale

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

<- Get the gifts you REALLY want! (now in public beta) -

Dajad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2006, 12:32 AM   #9
btwyx
Substantive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dajad
What Form?
I tried to link to it in my original post, but it didn't work too well. Bicker posted this one in another thread. http://customersupport.tivo.com/LineupForm.aspx
Old 11-24-2006, 06:23 PM   #10
Dajad

Thanks! I'll fill in the form shortly! It can't hurt. Certainly NOTHING ELSE I've done is getting any traction!

Old 11-25-2006, 04:46 PM   #11
btwyx
Substantive Member

That seems to have worked. I just got a message about a new channel being available, and now I have guide data for UHD.
Old 11-25-2006, 05:19 PM   #12
Deacon West

I got a great response from TiVo doing the same thing. When the NFL network was new to Comcast here, I used the form and the channel was added in less than two days.
Deacon West is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 04:21 PM   #13
Dajad

OK, I just filled in the form and updated updated my Using TiVo in Canada blog post to reflect the request. While I don't expect instant guide data, I hope they at least respond and give me some kind of indication when ATSC guide data will be available in Canada.

It's so silly. All the info for all the ATSC channels I receive (over 20 now) is already on my TiVo Series 3 because Rogers offers all the same channels in either analogue or digital versions. Now if only TiVo could some how nudge that info into my ATSC line-up, I could recommend the S3 to all my Canadian friends living in the greater Toronto area!

... Dale

Old 12-06-2006, 06:44 AM   #14
Will49766

It seems that the " Reporting line up issues to TiVo' form is not working. I have placed about 50 complaints about the same issue and I am not getting a response. I have had issues with incorrect programming since the time changed back in late October. I have reported these ussues using this form and have also called in and reported the issues... it is December 6th and they are still not fixed!

I am extremely close to cancelling my Tivo service and going to small calims to get my service fees back.

TIVO its time you contact me... my service number is: [removed].

Last edited by Mike Lang : 12-06-2006 at 08:49 AM.
Will49766 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 09:49 AM   #15
TydalForce

I submitted a lineup report last night, for the QAM channels I receive but have no guide info for; got an automated response shortly after.

No direct response yet, but its still early
TydalForce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 12:24 PM   #16
TiVoStephen
formerly TiVoOpsMgr

Dale, I know that ATSC info for Canada is something that Tribune is working on, but they've given us no ETA for when that data would be available.

If you check Tribune sites such as tv.yahoo.com and zap2it, you'll see the info isn't currently present there. At the point at which they make it available, we'll work to incorporate it for our customers, and we are putting pressure on them to add it.

TydalForce, it takes about three business days for typical lineup requests to be processed, a variable amount of time if a third party (such as a cable company or TV station) must respond and give Tribune the information they need, a day for Tribune to process the data, and then another day or two for the revised data to show up for your DVR.

TiVoStephen is offline   Reply With Quote