TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 11-06-2006, 05:51 PM   #1
craftassistant
Have knife....

Smile General Hospital?

Ok does anyone watch GH? I am dying to talk with others who are excited about what is happening this month on GH with the return of Genie Francis as Laura.

Come on ...admit you are a GH fan!
craftassistant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 06:15 PM   #2
stellie93

OK--I confess. I've watched GH since the 60's. I like that they are realistic about Laura's appearance. She looks older and they don't have her all made up. But they never learn on soaps, do they? They lie and then get caught and make it much worse.

It was funny when LuLu walked in the first day and Laura said, "you've grown up!" Wasn't she a five year old with dark hair when Laura left, supposedly 4 years ago.
stellie93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 09:16 PM   #3
craftassistant
Have knife....

yeah i think she was a little squirt. But so far it seems they are doing a realtime deal. I think Tracey is going to give Luke a run for the money.

I have to say I love the whole Robin/Patrick line too.

yeah i love GH and tivo has made that and AMC so much easier to watch!
Old 11-06-2006, 10:15 PM   #4
Lori
Social Defective

I've been watching for 11 years--love Robin and Patrick.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"It is not the size of our army that shall lead us to victory. It is the undeniable righteousness of our cause... "--JAB
Lori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 06:37 AM   #5
byte_me123

Well since Genie Francis is not returning for good, she’ll just become a vegetable when the time comes. And you are right, LULU, LULU, reminds me when Ed Norton was calling for his dog on The Honeymooners, anyway she was about three years old or so. Damm, she grew up fast, and this Michael kid is still a midget. And he’s older then her!
byte_me123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 07:51 AM   #6
Lori
Social Defective

Quote:
Originally Posted by byte_me123
Well since Genie Francis is not returning for good, she’ll just become a vegetable when the time comes. And you are right, LULU, LULU, reminds me when Ed Norton was calling for his dog on The Honeymooners, anyway she was about three years old or so. Damm, she grew up fast, and this Michael kid is still a midget. And he’s older then her!
No, he's not. Lulu was born before I started watching, and a quick internet search confirms that it was 1994. So, she should be 12 and is 18.

Michael was born in December of 1997, so he should be turning 9 this fall. I believe that he is supposed to be 11 or 12--didn't he have a 10th birthday last year?

So, yeah, aged...but Lulu is still older as she should be.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"It is not the size of our army that shall lead us to victory. It is the undeniable righteousness of our cause... "--JAB
Lori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 09:49 AM   #7
Graymalkin
Style and Panache

Once they hit puberty, they instantly age 6-8 years.

Next year, Michael will be played by Chad Michael Murray (once One Tree Hill gets canceled).
Graymalkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 10:51 AM   #8
PJO1966
Legally Married

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graymalkin

Next year, Michael will be played by Chad Michael Murray (once One Tree Hill gets canceled).

That would be nice... I hate that kid.

I started watching again a little over a year ago (unemployment makes following GH so much easier). I'm glad they brought Genie back, and although they say she's not staying, she could change her mind. Sam was supposed to leave and now she's staying, and there was word that Alexis' fate with the cancer could go either way depending on what was going on with the actresses contract negotiations. I hope she stays... I like that character.

I know it's only been a week or so, but I'm tired of Laura looking perplexed all the time.
PJO1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 04:49 PM   #9
PJO1966
Legally Married

And another thing...

I work on the equipment they use to do the opening credits. It would take about an hour to remove a former character who's been dead for months and add in a returning character. I only freelanced at ABC once and I noticed the footage on the system from when they added Patrick. That system just sits there unused and I'm sitting at home unemployed. I'm just saying...
Old 11-07-2006, 05:37 PM   #10
craftassistant
Have knife....

Yeah the whole LuLu storyline with her abortion was really good...will be interesting to see what mamabear says about that. And what is the deal with them trying to hook up Lulu with her english professor.......that was just plain weird..

I really hope they don't kill off Alexis...she is a nice character with multiable angles to her. Doesn't it look like they are positioning her to have a fling with Sonny again too?

Pj-why dont' you write/email ABC/GH regarding the opening credits and see about what could happen.

What about today's episode with Patrick's declaration to Robin?

I am just now starting to watch today's episode. This will be a great week I think.
Old 11-07-2006, 05:47 PM   #11
PJO1966
Legally Married

Quote:
Originally Posted by craftassistant
What about today's episode with Patrick's declaration to Robin?
When the girls went to the window, I expected him to be out there with the boom box over his head...
Old 11-09-2006, 06:13 PM   #12
craftassistant
Have knife....

so what did everyone think of today's episode? Tomorrow will be great with Jason and the "Sam" deal in the hospital...damn Ric
Old 11-09-2006, 06:17 PM   #13
PJO1966
Legally Married

Quote:
so what did everyone think of today's episode? Tomorrow will be great with Jason and the "Sam" deal in the hospital...damn Ric

When exactly did Luke get that quicky divorce? He never left town.

Why would Jason leave the house without his phone? The phone was ringing when he left. Um, you think your girlfriend's life is in danger. Maybe it's someone calling with an update.
Old 11-09-2006, 07:03 PM   #14
craftassistant
Have knife....

Don't think he had the divorce yet.

AS for the cell phone Jason left.... I think that was Ric's phone...Remember he did something so that when Ric placed a call Jason would have a cell that rang..hence how he found about Sam being shot etc.
Old 11-09-2006, 07:05 PM   #15
PJO1966
Legally Married

Quote:
Don't think he had the divorce yet.
He told Edward that the divorce was final

Quote:
AS for the cell phone Jason left.... I think that was Ric's phone...Remember he did something so that when Ric placed a call Jason would have a cell that rang..hence how he found about Sam being shot etc.
He cloned Ric's card and put it in his own phone. Liz gave Ric his phone back after Jason cloned it.
Old 11-10-2006, 08:29 AM   #16
IJustLikeTivo
TiVo Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graymalkin

What about the jones kids and Dylon, they all got aged too. Maxie was born on 91 and is now in college at 15. Georgie was born in 95 and is now married at 11. Dylon was born in 1993 and is now in college at 13. They all have been rediculously aged but it's part of the fun.

I like the new story lines, I'm getting pretty tired of Sonny and the mob, I'd rather go back to Robert, Ann, Sean Devane and the WSB. Heck, they could even bring back frisco and the real felicia instead of the fake on they use once in a while.

I'm looking forward to Tracy and Laura coming face to face about Luke.
IJustLikeTivo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 07:16 PM   #17
PJO1966
Legally Married

Quote:
Originally Posted by IJustLikeTivo
What about the jones kids and Dylon, they all got aged too. Maxie was born on 91 and is now in college at 15. Georgie was born in 95 and is now married at 11. Dylon was born in 1993 and is now in college at 13. They all have been rediculously aged but it's part of the fun.

I like the new story lines, I'm getting pretty tired of Sonny and the mob, I'd rather go back to Robert, Ann, Sean Devane and the WSB. Heck, they could even bring back frisco and the real felicia instead of the fake on they use once in a while.

I'm looking forward to Tracy and Laura coming face to face about Luke.
I think Robin was the only GH child to age naturally. I stumbled across a site that has some clips of old GH including some early scenes with Robert, Anna, and Robin.

http://buckwildeweb.com/gh_clips_archive.htm

Kimberly McCullough was just so adorable.
Old 11-11-2006, 08:56 PM   #18
craftassistant
Have knife....

yeah robin has definitly come of age. wow i wonder laura will do next week with the knowledge of killing her stepfather...mmmmmmm
Old 11-12-2006, 11:55 AM   #19
stellie93

I was glad they recapped the part with her stepfather--I had forgotten that Rick wasn't really guilty.

That Shady Brook really has security problems, doesn't it. I never saw anybody come and go from rehab like Lucky does, and Laura just walks all over town. Carly escaped from there all the time too, didn't she?
stellie93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 12:42 PM   #20
craftassistant
Have knife....

you are right Shady Brook has some shady security coming/goings.. I have a feeling Helena is going to kill the guard or something.

yeah i like when they do recaps bc sometimes little things are forgotten. the wedding should be interesting to say
Old 11-12-2006, 05:37 PM   #21
IJustLikeTivo
TiVo Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJO1966
I think Robin was the only GH child to age naturally. I stumbled across a site that has some clips of old GH including some early scenes with Robert, Anna, and Robin.

http://buckwildeweb.com/gh_clips_archive.htm

Kimberly McCullough was just so adorable.
Yes, she was a very cute kid but she's grown up very nicely thank you. I loved the early days when she was hiding in the catacombs. It was also interesting before she knew Robert and Anna were her parents and just new Anna as "Love" and Robert wasn't in the picture at all.
IJustLikeTivo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 04:42 PM   #22
mythica23

I watched it back before tyler christopher left for the first time...

I dont really watch watch anymore. although when they do something big i try to watch at least when they do something it looks nice like top of hospital blowing up and stuff long time ago and train wreck was ok.. too.

When GH is good its one of the absolute best.

For a soap it has a more realistic sense ... and sometimes they seem to downplay dramatic moments with little to no music.

Oh yea and another thing I do owe GH a big thanks cause i would have never gotten to see a night time speacial of a daytime soap..... A twist of fate two hour primetime episode was one of best soap episodes i have ever seen.... that is what got me started watching actually...

wich was a while ago...

I watch days but i didnt start watching till i guess they were done with prime time episodes sigh... sure would love to see one of days or hell GH would be cool to if it was another prime time ep....

anyway im done ranting sorry my apologies...
mythica23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 05:31 PM   #23
craftassistant
Have knife....

No need to apologize.

So question...do you tivo the daytime episodes or watch the Soapnet episodes?

Wow 15 mins into today's episode....Ric is such a jerk...wonder who is going to take him down?
Old 11-13-2006, 05:35 PM   #24
5thcrewman

C'mon people!
Luke raped Laura!!
5thcrewman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 05:53 PM   #25
PJO1966
Legally Married

I really wish Patrick's friend, the professor, would just take a shower already. He looks homeless.

Also, the hacker "student" they introduced today looks like he's 60.
Old 11-13-2006, 07:08 PM   #26
craftassistant
Have knife....

yeah i didn't get the connection btwn patrick and the professor...and will robin will let lulu fall for the professor?
Old 11-14-2006, 12:01 PM   #27
PJO1966
Legally Married

Quote:
yeah i didn't get the connection btwn patrick and the professor...and will robin will let lulu fall for the professor?

I hope not. I found the following on a GH fan forum:

Spoiler:
Supposedly the creepy professor is going to be revealed as Nikolas's twin brother, that Laura supposedly knew nothing about. It's going to be interesting to see how they explain that one.

I sincerely hope that is incorrect.
Old 11-14-2006, 12:47 PM   #28
craftassistant
Have knife....

pj where did you find that? can you send me the link to the forum please. thanks!
Old 11-14-2006, 01:10 PM   #29
PJO1966
Legally Married

Quote:
pj where did you find that? can you send me the link to the forum please. thanks!
I can't find the origin of the rumor, but it's mentioned a lot on the abc.com forums. Beware... there are a lot of spoilers/speculations floating around there. Also be warned that the average level of maturity for most people there is about 12 years old.
Old 11-14-2006, 07:56 PM   #30
craftassistant
Have knife....

ah a 12 yr old..good thing i am a professional nanny and deal with preteens already! LOL i am well prepared.

did anyone catch the view today with luke and laura on there?