TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion
TiVo Community
Reply
Forum Jump
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-09-2006, 09:52 AM   #451
jtlytle
Un-Registered User
 
jtlytle's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Woodward, Oklahoma
Posts: 9,747
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangersRBack
To jlytle, yes I am married, and every time I read another post from this guy, I walk over and give my wife a kiss. She has no idea that I'm thanking her for not being this woman. And we have an actual relationship, where we watch some TV together and some not, and actually do things together that don't involve the TV as well.
Excellent
jtlytle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 10:30 AM   #452
RangersRBack
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 281
Quote:
Originally Posted by timckelley
At that point it was not smooth. May I add that I'm the OP and it makes sense I'm here. I'm starting to think you're the one addicted to this thread.
I already told you that I'm one of the few who watches this thread. Not sure if addicted is the right word, it's more like driving past a car wreck and not wanting to look, but you look anyway and hope it's not bad.

And not unlike when you drive past a car wreck and say a little prayer for those involved, and then thank God it wasn't you, I thank God every time I read this thread that my wife is...well...different from yours!
RangersRBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 01:53 PM   #453
timckelley
TCFer
 
timckelley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 25,651
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangersRBack
I thank God every time I read this thread that my wife is...well...different from yours!
Yes, my wife has problems I have to deal with. Thank you for gloating over your lack of problems with your wife, and for making fun of my marriage.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Tracy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- slydog75

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Bryanmc
timckelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 02:30 PM   #454
RangersRBack
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 281
Quote:
Originally Posted by timckelley
Yes, my wife has problems I have to deal with. Thank you for gloating over your lack of problems with your wife, and for making fun of my marriage.
Don't worry, I have different problems! Who doesn't?

I just don't post them on a public forum for three years! Actually, at least you're saying you have problems, that's the first step to solving them. Your other e-mails make it sound like everything is peachy.
RangersRBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 02:40 PM   #455
HiDefGator
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 1,851
Sorry I haven't read this whole thread but my solution was to do a clear and delete one day and then blame it on the Tivo reseting itself. Solved the problem for months.

Getting a second Tivo will not solve this problem long term. Eventually it will fill up too. If you record 10 hours of TV a week but watch only 5 something eventually has to be deleted.
HiDefGator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 03:12 PM   #456
RangersRBack
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 281
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiDefGator
Sorry I haven't read this whole thread but my solution was to do a clear and delete one day and then blame it on the Tivo reseting itself. Solved the problem for months.

Getting a second Tivo will not solve this problem long term. Eventually it will fill up too. If you record 10 hours of TV a week but watch only 5 something eventually has to be deleted.
Sorry, that was suggested two years ago.

Next!
RangersRBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 03:17 PM   #457
timckelley
TCFer
 
timckelley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 25,651
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangersRBack
Don't worry, I have different problems! Who doesn't?

I just don't post them on a public forum for three years! Actually, at least you're saying you have problems, that's the first step to solving them. Your other e-mails make it sound like everything is peachy.
My intention in my postings wasn't to say I've had a solid 3 years of no problems, because I certainly haven't, as this thread testifies. My point is that it's not 3 solid years of problems. In fact, the vast majority of those 3 years have been pretty much problem-free (from my point of view) due to a) adding a second TiVo, and b) upgrading the first TiVo.

The main reason this thread has lasted for 3 years is that when a new problem (say, 2 1/2 years later) surfaces, I choose to update the original thread. Others here choose to start new threads, but I think it's more organized to keep it all to one thread.

A secondary reason this thread has lasted, is because several people have asked for updates, so there is evidently interest in this thread. If interest dissapears, then this thread will likely die.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Tracy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- slydog75

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Bryanmc
timckelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 03:56 PM   #458
RangersRBack
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 281
Quote:
Originally Posted by timckelley
My intention in my postings wasn't to say I've had a solid 3 years of no problems, because I certainly haven't, as this thread testifies. My point is that it's not 3 solid years of problems. In fact, the vast majority of those 3 years have been pretty much problem-free (from my point of view) due to a) adding a second TiVo, and b) upgrading the first TiVo.

The main reason this thread has lasted for 3 years is that when a new problem (say, 2 1/2 years later) surfaces, I choose to update the original thread. Others here choose to start new threads, but I think it's more organized to keep it all to one thread.

A secondary reason this thread has lasted, is because several people have asked for updates, so there is evidently interest in this thread. If interest dissapears, then this thread will likely die.
OK so please give an update. How many hours of stuff does your wife currently have to watch? And how many hours a day would you say she spends watching it?
RangersRBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 04:09 PM   #459
timckelley
TCFer
 
timckelley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 25,651
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangersRBack
OK so please give an update. How many hours of stuff does your wife currently have to watch? And how many hours a day would you say she spends watching it?
I honestly don't know how many hours she has backlogged, as I don't operate her TiVo. She did watch some of her backlog last night though, after our son went to bed. I was on the computer doing work during that time. It's probably safe to say that she has lots of free space though because of the recent upgrade I did. I also saw her maintaining her recently deleted list just a few days ago, and it looked like a lot of stuff was in it, so apparently she's must have recently deleted some backlog. I don't know if she actually watched it, or if she deleted without watching, though.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Tracy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- slydog75

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Bryanmc
timckelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 04:54 PM   #460
RangersRBack
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 281
Quote:
Originally Posted by timckelley
I honestly don't know how many hours she has backlogged, as I don't operate her TiVo. She did watch some of her backlog last night though, after our son went to bed. I was on the computer doing work during that time. It's probably safe to say that she has lots of free space though because of the recent upgrade I did. I also saw her maintaining her recently deleted list just a few days ago, and it looked like a lot of stuff was in it, so apparently she's must have recently deleted some backlog. I don't know if she actually watched it, or if she deleted without watching, though.
So approximately how many hours a day do you think she spends watching TV?
RangersRBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 05:17 PM   #461
RavenFan
Registered User
 
RavenFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Baltimore, MD
Posts: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangersRBack
So approximately how many hours a day do you think she spends watching TV?
Probably fewer than you jave spent antagonizing this guy for the past few days.

My TiVo gets backlogged because I don't watch a lot of hours of TV per week.
__________________
Comcast - "What we've got here is... failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach. So you get what we had here last week, which is the way he wants it... well, he gets it."
RavenFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 06:08 PM   #462
timckelley
TCFer
 
timckelley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 25,651
Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenFan
My TiVo gets backlogged because I don't watch a lot of hours of TV per week.
I'm sure the exact same is true for my wife. She's spends a lot of time doing things because of, and around our son, which is why she gets backlogged.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Tracy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- slydog75

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Bryanmc
timckelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 09:21 AM   #463
RangersRBack
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 281
Quote:
Originally Posted by timckelley
I'm sure the exact same is true for my wife. She's spends a lot of time doing things because of, and around our son, which is why she gets backlogged.
So approximately how many hours does she actually watch per day?
RangersRBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 09:59 AM   #464
timckelley
TCFer
 
timckelley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 25,651
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangersRBack
So approximately how many hours does she actually watch per day?
I'll need to ask her, because I don't know. But I do know that she doesn't watch it every day.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Tracy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- slydog75

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Bryanmc
timckelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 11:04 AM   #465
murgatroyd
Don't stop believin'
 
murgatroyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Berkeley CA
Posts: 22,714
Tim, I think you're a great guy, and totally undeserving of all the abuse that has been heaped upon your head in this thread.

The plain fact of the matter is, some guys think they should be able to do whatever self-indulgent thing they want, because they are guys, and that's just the way things are. Meanwhile housework and child care and other stuff should happen automagically, done by the housework and child-care fairies. They don't care how that stuff gets done, because it's not 'man stuff'.

Basically, they are demanding that you turn in your man card because you actually have a clue that your wife is a human being and likes to watch TV in her (few) off-hours, just as you yourself do.

If anyone in this thread comes off looking bad, it's the boo birds. Their reading comprehension isn't very good.

I wish you both many happy hours of family time and TiVo-space juggling in the future.

Jan
__________________
"The capacity of human beings to disappoint me is never ending." -- Ereth
murgatroyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 04:01 PM   #466
RangersRBack
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 281
Quote:
Originally Posted by murgatroyd
Tim, I think you're a great guy, and totally undeserving of all the abuse that has been heaped upon your head in this thread.

The plain fact of the matter is, some guys think they should be able to do whatever self-indulgent thing they want, because they are guys, and that's just the way things are. Meanwhile housework and child care and other stuff should happen automagically, done by the housework and child-care fairies. They don't care how that stuff gets done, because it's not 'man stuff'.

Basically, they are demanding that you turn in your man card because you actually have a clue that your wife is a human being and likes to watch TV in her (few) off-hours, just as you yourself do.

If anyone in this thread comes off looking bad, it's the boo birds. Their reading comprehension isn't very good.

I wish you both many happy hours of family time and TiVo-space juggling in the future.

Jan
Yeah, Tim, You Da Man!

But what is Tim doing that's so self-indulgent?
RangersRBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 05:02 PM   #467
RAZUR_BLADEZ
Registered User
 
RAZUR_BLADEZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 51
Tim, No disrespect use really asked for it posting such a stupid thread. Still going 3 years, how stupid. Sorry my 2 cents.

david
__________________
Sony 30hr SVR2000 S1 Standalone
Lifetime Subscription
(Upgraded to Maxtor200GB) --> 246 HRS <---
Using PTVupgradeCD!! with LBA48 Support
RAZUR_BLADEZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 05:04 PM   #468
timckelley
TCFer
 
timckelley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 25,651
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAZUR_BLADEZ
Tim, No disrespect use really asked for it posting such a stupid thread. Still going 3 years, how stupid. Sorry my 2 cents.

david
You're mistaken... reread the thread. My problem is currently solved. BTW, this whole thread started, partly to ask for advice (3 years ago) on techniques of getting my wife's shows deleted. Partly it was also simply to share my interesting story. Other purposes, which were answered early in the thread, were to ask various questions concerning functionality and features of TiVo. How was that 'stupid'? If you had no answers nor anything very useful to contribute, you most probably would have been better served not participating in the thread.

Also, btw, this thread which you claim is 'stupid' has been proclaimed by some as being their favorite thread of all threads in TCF. (Not that I'm trying to boast or anything - I'm simply refuting your statement.)

Lastly, the vast majority of the antagonism in this thread has come from only one person, which tends to cast doubt on the legitimacy of complaints against this thread's existence. If this thread were indeed stupid, I'd've gotten grief from a lot more people.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Tracy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- slydog75

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Bryanmc

Last edited by timckelley : 11-10-2006 at 05:17 PM.
timckelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 07:15 PM   #469
TivoZorro
Registered User
 
TivoZorro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Pinehurst, NC, USA
Posts: 1,448
I guess I take a different approach to this thread and why it should end.

Tim, you and your wife are both adults and should be able to work out your problems on your own, if not you both need to see a counselor together.

If you are content with her taking over your Tivo periodicaly and have no desire to do anything about it except placating her, then keep quiet and live with it and quit pestering the Community for solutions.

My brother has a controlling wife who tells him what TV shows he can watch and what food to eat among other things. I told him before he married her not to do it, but he has been happy with her for ten years with no complaiints. To each his own. I wouldn't live like that, but hey I'm not married to her.

I wish you and your wife all the luck in the world and if you are happy with the way things are then go for it.
__________________
700 Hour Weakness Tivo
80 Hour Series 2 DT Tivo
80 Hour Series 2 Tivo
Laptop Running Tivo Desktop 2.3 Plus
1 30 GB iPod with Video
Sony SVR 2000 Tivo
TivoZorro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 08:27 PM   #470
timckelley
TCFer
 
timckelley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 25,651
You all are taking this way too seriously. This is a TiVo forum where threads about TiVo are supposed to be welcomed. You who are not interested don't need to read the thread. That's how forums work. Enough people have been interested in this thread, that its existence is legitimate. It's one thing if everybody was pestered by it, then you could make the case that I'm a troll and should go away. However, when enough people show interest, and when in addition, I get useful information from the thread, then it's appropriate, and those people bugged by it should be the ones to go away (i.e. don't read this thread.)

As it, like I've said many times, my problem for now is solved, and I don't foresee needing to post more updates to this thread unless things change. And if things do change, but I perceive no further interest in the thread, and I don't think I will get any more information useful to myself from posting here, then of course I won't post anymore. Other than that, it's not inappropriate for me to post here. This is the TiVo Coffee House. The way you use this forum is to visit the threads that interest you, and stay away from the ones that don't.

Also, remember I'm the OP of this thread, so it's not like I'm invading somebody else's thread, threadcrapping on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangersRBack
OK I think I'm the person Tim is referring to in both these paragraphs [above]
Actually, you're not the only one.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Tracy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- slydog75

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Bryanmc

Last edited by timckelley : 11-13-2006 at 08:52 AM.
timckelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 08:27 AM   #471
RangersRBack
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 281
Quote:
Originally Posted by timckelley

Also, btw, this thread which you claim is 'stupid' has been proclaimed by some as being their favorite thread of all threads in TCF. (Not that I'm trying to boast or anything - I'm simply refuting your statement.)

Lastly, the vast majority of the antagonism in this thread has come from only one person, which tends to cast doubt on the legitimacy of complaints against this thread's existence. If this thread were indeed stupid, I'd've gotten grief from a lot more people.
OK I think I'm the person Tim is referring to in both these paragraphs. It's true I can't for the life of me imagine posting here for three years about the same basic problem. I'm sure our friend will come on with a few paragraphs explaining why it's NOT the same exact problem every time, but the truth is the problem just manifests itself over and over and over again, in different forms.

I'm also the one who has proclaimed this to be my favorite thread, it's been the source of years of entertainment. I think my favorite part is when he says "I'm currently in negotiations with my wife on blah blah blah recordings, and she hasn't gotten back to me yet".

Some of the basic tenets of marriage have gotten trampled here, apparently for at least the last three years.
RangersRBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 10:08 AM   #472
iaflyer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
Posts: 84
Status of video tapes

First, I wanted to say that I have found this thread fascinating over the years and I'm subscribed to it.

One think I was wondering about is whether she is still offloading stuff onto videotapes. I remember her doing it in the past, both shows for your son and to free up some space on the Tivo (I can't remember if it was hers or yours). Is she still doing that?
iaflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 10:13 AM   #473
timckelley
TCFer
 
timckelley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 25,651
Quote:
Originally Posted by iaflyer
First, I wanted to say that I have found this thread fascinating over the years and I'm subscribed to it.

One think I was wondering about is whether she is still offloading stuff onto videotapes. I remember her doing it in the past, both shows for your son and to free up some space on the Tivo (I can't remember if it was hers or yours). Is she still doing that?
She's mostly broken herself of that habit. In fact, it used to be she watched almost no TV. Her activity was mostly confined to simply offloading stuff without watching it, and not really watching TV hardly at all. Now, she actually watches TV and deletes her stuff after watching it, and only once in awhile offloads stuff to tape or DVD. (We now have a DVD burner.) Well I do remember a few months ago there being a James Bond marathon, and she burned just about every James Bond movie there is to DVD. But in the last few months, I can't think of much else she's offloaded. Well just before I recently upgraded her TiVo, and she was depleting my space, she offloaded the eps of General Hospital from my TiVo, but again, that was a couple of months ago.

Since the TiVo upgrade I haven't witnessed her offloading (not that she couldn't do it in my absence), but has told me she doesn't offload like she used to.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Tracy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- slydog75

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Bryanmc

Last edited by timckelley : 12-04-2006 at 11:33 PM.
timckelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 11:29 PM   #474
sk33t3r
Registered User
 
sk33t3r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Houston, TEXAS
Posts: 498
On my wifes TIVO the standard on she records who knows what, but now that I have it seetup to stream from the tivo to her PC she is happy, she doesnt have to sit in the back room and watch them, she can sit at her desk and work and watch them.

But the clear and delete does wonders from time to time, I dont record that much, I mainly record something that way I have more than a 30 min buffer, as soon as I catchup or watch the shows bye bye, I delete them.
__________________
HDVR2 282 hrs, zippered
HDVR2 107 hrs, zippered
DSR7000 220 hours, zippered
HR21-200
HR20-100
DRD420re
sk33t3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 02:05 PM   #475
timckelley
TCFer
 
timckelley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 25,651
Hmm almost 3 months since my last post here, and just one minor update to make: During the day, my wife wants to watch TV downstairs, but at night in bed she'd like to watch it from bed. My TiVo is in the bedroom, and my wife likes "American Idol", so she has taken the liberty of PUTTING A SEASON PASS for "American Idol" on MY TIVO.

Well, it's not as dire as I paint it, because:

a) I have between 3 and 4 screens of suggestions on my TiVo, so I'm not low on space.
b) I kind of like "American Idol", though it's not my favorite show by a long shot
c) She likes to make fun of the contestants, but doesn't particularly enjoy doing it unless she's watching it with somebody else, so I watch it with her in our bedroom at night. So I guess I partly own the SP in that sense.

But by no means would I have scheduled that SP on my own onto my TiVo. I don't consider it that good a show. But it's not that bad either, so I watch it with her. One drawback is that she sometimes falls asleep before the ep is over, and she doesn't want to miss it, so I can't just finish watching it and delete. I have to pause it at the point where she fell asleep, and resume another day.

This is just a recent development, so there's very little backlog. Yesterday there were two eps in NP, and we watched 1 1/2 of them before she fell asleep, so right now there's just 1/2 an ep on there. So it really is not a problem right now.

If it were to become a problem, I suppose buying a 3rd TiVo (and assigning ownership of it to her) and putting it upstairs would solve things, but I don't want to do that, because the lifetime option is gone now.

(Oh, and to preempt that guy who says this thread is 3 years of the same thing, this isn't. She's not overflowing to my TiVo due to lack of space on hers.... she simply wants the flexibility to watch from downstairs or upstairs.)
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Tracy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- slydog75

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Bryanmc
timckelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 02:24 PM   #476
ZeoTiVo
I can't explain
 
ZeoTiVo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 25,513
yah we had this discussion back when you were deciding to upgrade the series 1 or not. MRV is a very useful feature in our house. It would be worth the 6.95 a month in my opinion.

but anyhow this one does not sound like encroachment to me as it sounds a lot more like the two of you get to spend some time just laughing at the world at night before bedtime. That is, as they say, priceless.
__________________
You just need to disable your sense of shame for all humanity and click past the break

Last edited by ZeoTiVo : 02-02-2007 at 02:32 PM.
ZeoTiVo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 12:39 PM   #477
jtlytle
Un-Registered User
 
jtlytle's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Woodward, Oklahoma
Posts: 9,747
Quote:
Originally Posted by timckelley
But by no means would I have scheduled that SP on my own onto my TiVo. I don't consider it that good a show. But it's not that bad either, so I watch it with her. One drawback is that she sometimes falls asleep before the ep is over, and she doesn't want to miss it, so I can't just finish watching it and delete. I have to pause it at the point where she fell asleep, and resume another day.

This is just a recent development, so there's very little backlog. Yesterday there were two eps in NP, and we watched 1 1/2 of them before she fell asleep, so right now there's just 1/2 an ep on there. So it really is not a problem right now.
Have you thought of wake her up and say, "wake up, the show isn't over yet!"
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


Come visit me on my new BLOG! It's called
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
.
jtlytle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 09:38 AM   #478
RangersRBack
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 281
Quote:
Originally Posted by timckelley
Hmm almost 3 months since my last post here, and just one minor update to make: During the day, my wife wants to watch TV downstairs, but at night in bed she'd like to watch it from bed. My TiVo is in the bedroom, and my wife likes "American Idol", so she has taken the liberty of PUTTING A SEASON PASS for "American Idol" on MY TIVO.

(Oh, and to preempt that guy who says this thread is 3 years of the same thing, this isn't. She's not overflowing to my TiVo due to lack of space on hers.... she simply wants the flexibility to watch from downstairs or upstairs.)
Cool, my favorite thread is back, starring my favorite couple, Mr. & Mrs. Tivo!

Yep, I'm the guy who says this is three years of the same thing, but I am in fact wrong...now we're up to three years and eight months!!! 2/3 of the way to four years!!! Gotta love it!

June 3, 2003...my wife and I are having Tivo problems. February 2, 2007...my wife and I are having Tivo problems.

I will continue to say I understand you haven't been having the EXACT same problem for almost four years, but this is still the SAME BASIC PROBLEM! You and your wife having Tivo capacity issues.

Let's see, we're less than four months from the FOUR YEAR anniversary of this thread, and next year we'll hit the FIVE YEAR anniversary! And the nay-sayers said it couldn't be done...oh ye of little faith.

I stand by my prediction that this thread is capable of a good 10-15 year run...it's like the LES MISERABLES of forum threads...in more ways than one!

Yeah, have a good time making fun of those American Idol contestants...doesn't it feel good to make fun of wacky people???

Last edited by RangersRBack : 02-07-2007 at 10:41 AM.
RangersRBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 10:42 AM   #479
JustAllie
Number crunchin'
 
JustAllie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Arlington, VA
Posts: 32,242
If, starting back in 2003, Tim had put $1 into a savings account for every post that appeared in this thread, he could have bought several more TiVos and/or larger hard drives by now.
__________________
Sheldon: You know, in difficult moments like this, I often turn to a force greater than myself.
Amy: Religion?
Sheldon: Star Trek.
JustAllie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 11:10 AM   #480
ZeoTiVo
I can't explain
 
ZeoTiVo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 25,513
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAllie
If, starting back in 2003, Tim had put $1 into a savings account for every post that appeared in this thread, he could have bought several more TiVos and/or larger hard drives by now.
yah but if it cost him a dollar every time he posted he would not have posted much if at all in his thread
__________________
You just need to disable your sense of shame for all humanity and click past the break
ZeoTiVo is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply
Forum Jump




Thread Tools


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Advertisements

TiVo Community
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBulletin Skins by: Relivo Media

(C) 2013 Magenium Solutions - All Rights Reserved. No information may be posted elsewhere without written permission.
TiVoŽ is a registered trademark of TiVo Inc. This site is not owned or operated by TiVo Inc.
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:39 PM.
OUR NETWORK: MyOpenRouter | TechLore | SansaCommunity | RoboCommunity | MediaSmart Home | Explore3DTV | Dijit Community | DVR Playground |