TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 09-26-2006, 03:59 PM   #361
besposito

Quote:
Originally Posted by labatt
It would probably never happen, but you should request that your group contact the Albany NY region Time Warner group (518.869.5500). I had a similar problem (channel provisioning was incorrect) and they were able to solve the problem within 20 minutes. Some engineer at their head-end knows what they're doing. Good luck!
thanks!

I am 99.99% sure mine will still not be working in the morning and I will have to call yet again. I will definitely mention the above and see if it helps.
besposito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 04:00 PM   #362
labatt

Quote:
Originally Posted by besposito
Oh yeah...here are a few myths often told by the techs...
I will say, however, that one of the Cablecards in my box was recognized when they first put it in, but two hours later the Tivo gave all sorts of error messages about it. It was completely dead and had to be replaced. It actually is, sometimes, the Cablecard. This particular one was manufactured in 4/2004 (if that tells you how old their stockpile is).
labatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 05:49 PM   #363
frozenbubbleboy

Cool Successful install in San Antonio

Ok...I have a successful install in San Antonio, after just a few snags.

I called Time Warner on Friday to request the cablecards, and the customer service rep to happy to accommodate me. When I mentioned that both cards would be going into one device, so I should only be charged for one outlet he said he needed to forward me to someone else. So, I explain the situation to guy #2. He tells me that I can pick up the cablecards at any Time Warner location and install them myself. GREAT!!!

So, I go to the nearest location, wait in line for 45 minutes, only to be told that there's only one location in town which provides cablecards (one by North Star Mall). The girl even checked with her manager to be sure, and they even checked to make sure they had them there. Well, it was already getting late, so I wouldn't have been able to make it there in time.

So I head over there Saturday morning to pick them up. After waiting in line for 30 minutes, I ask for the cablecards. After the usual lecture on what features I'll be missing out one, the woman (Marie) goes in the back to get the cards. When I hear her talking on the phone, I realized something was up. She finally comes back out, and said that they were currently out of cablecards, but she called the warehouse to send over some more later in the day. She takes my number down and says she'll call me when they get in, and she'll hold two for me.

Well, with 4pm approaching (the office closes at 5pm on Saturdays) and still not having heard a word from her, I decide to head over there. I explain to this other woman that Marie was going to hold them for me, but I hadn't heard anything. She tells me to wait by Marie's counter so she could help me. Well, they did get them, and she did have them for me, but she forgot to call due to how busy they were. (I worked retail for 6 years, so I completely understand). She gives me the cards, and says that all I needed to do was pop them in, and they should be good to go.

So, I get home and pop them in. All I'm able to get are the analog channels, the local HD channels, and ESPN HD. I couldn't get any of the other HD channels, nor could I get any of the digital cable channels. So I call Time Warner. I finally get someone after a 25 minute wait. He tries a few things, but nothing works. He puts me on hold. After a few minutes, the line gets disconnected.

Furious, I call back. This time, I'm on hold for 35 minutes. I explain to him the problem I'm having. We're probably on the phone for about 45 minutes, and nothing he does works. Heck, some things he did caused me to not get ANY channels at all. So, he's obviously tired of dealing with me, so he schedules a truck roll for today (Tuesday) between noon & 4.

So, It's nearly 2:30, and nobody's showed up yet. I call Time Warner to see if my service actually was still scheduled, or if it just disappeared. It was scheduled. About 10 minutes after I got off the phone, 2 Time Warner trucks pull up.

The guys come in, and I explain what the situation is. One of them (the more senior one, I assume) immediately said that the cards weren't paired. He asked me if this was a self install, which it was. He was surprised when I said when I called, nobody took down the host ID & the cablecard ID. So one of the guys calls it in. 12 minute wait.

Once they get through, they get the first card paired up, and it was then able to get the additional channels. They get the second card paired up, but nothing. They try a couple of things, but still nothing. The senior guy had one cablecard with him, so he pops that one in, and gets it paired. Still nothing. After trying several things on that one, they pop in another card (and the last one at that). Get it paired up, AND IT WORKS!!!!

In total, the installers were here for around 50 minutes. After they left, I sat down and checked every single channel, with both cards. There's one channel I can't get on the first card, but I don't believe I've ever watched anything on the Hallmark channel, so I could care less about that.

So, now that I've got my Tivo setup, I think it's time for me to rot in front of the TV for a while.
frozenbubbleboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 07:16 PM   #364
mapugh

TWC Raleigh HD Suite Not Working

This is my experience with TWC Raleigh:

The cable guy (independent contractor) showed up at the house with a work order specifically stating that 2 cable cards were to be installed. He only brought one. He was completely in the dark about cable cards in general, and Tivo specifically and spent most of the next hour on the phone trying to get someone to explain how to do the install.

After about an hour, he told me that he could not activate a single card in Tivo and that both cards would need to be installed (yeah, right). I told him I wasn't about to take another 4 hours off work to wait around for another installer. He called around and apparently found another installer willing to meet him locally and give him another card.

When he returned and installed the second card he was unable to get anything other than the analog basic cable and local digital/HD channels to work. He was told by the CSR tech on the phone that the HD suite (ESPNHD, Discovery HD, HDNet, HBOHD, etc.) wouldn't work with the Tivo yet.

After he left I spent about 1/2 hour on the phone with TWC only to be told that they were able to confirm that the HD suite channels would not work on the Tivo and that they were 'working' on the problem.

So -- I have an $800 THX certified cable card box that doesn't give me access to my subscription channels. Not fun.

Anyone else out there with a similar experience?

Thanks,
Mark
mapugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 07:23 PM   #365
derekcbart

I don't know about TWC Raleigh, but all premium and HD channels show up on both of my CableCARDs installed by TWC Los Angeles.
derekcbart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 07:33 PM   #366
Eskimo Pie

Well TWC Buffalo (Formerly Adelphia) came back for my second attempt today. I had previously had an attempted cable card install and one of the cards was apparently bad... they were here for about 3 hours before they finally gave up (originally)... Today they came in, plugged in the first card, wrote down the CC number and Host ID off the screen... plugged in the second card, wrote down the CC number and host ID off the screen... called dispatch, gave the info to the lady on the other end... she paired the cards and sent a "hit"... Wham Bam... done... both cards get all my channels I'm supposed to get... Probably less than 15 minutes from them coming in to them leaving. We were shocked... especially after our first attempt. Anyway, all is well here in Buffalo... no hesitation from anybody over it being a TiVo (other than not knowing what it was)...
Eskimo Pie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 09:11 PM   #367
mowheeler

Time Warner Cleveland Success

TW tech showed up at my house today. Had never seen or heard of a Tivo Series 3. Installed two cablecards. Set them up. And left. Took less than an hour. I'm a believer.
mowheeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 09:21 PM   #368
kensteele

fyi Time Warner in Overland Park, KS will require a visit (no pickup) for the time being.
kensteele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 09:41 PM   #369
rafeco

My installation went very similarly to mapugh's. I got an install today in Raleigh. The tech (a very nice and helpful guy named Roderick) brought both cards (yay). The first worked without a hitch (it tunes in every channel I subscribe to). The second didn't work at all, so he had to leave and get another card. When he got back and installed it, it looked like it wouldn't work either (same error message as the first). It eventually came around, but now it won't tune in anything but the local HDTV channels and the local new's channels 24 hour weather channel. I'm wondering about a solution, or whether I just need to get that second CableCard replaced.
rafeco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 10:35 PM   #370
ahaley42

Anyone else having any issues not getting channels or getting copyright protection issues? I'm in Austin and can only currently get Premium channels on 1 card and am getting copyright issues on all 4 of the major HD channels. The recorded shows get deleted 1.5 hours after recording. Tivo says it's up to the cable company to deal with and won't even escalate my ticket (I've talked to 5 people there) and TW says the copyright flag is not enabled on any channels. It's driving me crazy. I think I have up to 30 days to take it back to Fry's so I've still got a little less than 2 weeks left. It might have to go back. I can't risk getting stuck with a $100 brick.
ahaley42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 11:38 PM   #371
dracx

TW Dallas

One of the earlier posts in this thread indicated success with picking up cable cards at the TW Dallas Farmer's Branch location. I drove over there hoping I could be enjoying HD tonight. Walked up to the rep and asked for 2 cable cards for my new Tivo. "Cable...what?" You know, cable cards. <blank stare>

The rep next to us overheard the conversation, and asked if the cable cards were for my "HD". I said they were actually for my new Tivo. "Our cable cards only work with HD". (I'm assuming he meant an HD TV...) So I (sorta jokingly) said that the Tivo does support HD. "Then why did you say Tivo - that just confuses us". Yes, he actually said that.

Needless to say, no HD tonight. My appt is for next Monday, and after reading through this thread, it sounds like I need to keep my fingers crossed!!
dracx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 12:08 AM   #372
lrhorer

Time Warner

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkscout
How many ways can TWC be stupid, bull headed, and make this a pain in the ass for the customer.
Shall I start counting? They could make it worse, however, believe me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkscout
It's bad enough we have a mandated truck role for a minimum wage "tech" to put a card in a slot
Trust me, Time Warner Cable Techs are not paid minimum wage, by a long shot. I know, I used to work for them as an engineer. While you would be extremely hard pressed to come up with enough money to pay me to go back to work for them, I can tell you their technicians are well paid - if very badly treated - and while most of them are not rocket scientists, for the most part they are not totally clueless, either. There are of course some who should not by rights call themselves technicians, but by and large most of them are technically quite competent in their own area of understanding. Of course, there are always rookies, fresh out of high school, graduating far from first in their class. Who you get is luck of the draw, but the rookies and less experienced techs are not usually reticient to call upon their lead techs. If they are, then you should encourage them to call up their lead for assistance.
lrhorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 06:45 AM   #373
hookbill
Feathered Member

Just curious. Are the techs willing to follow the instructions TiVo has? I'm going to insist they follow it when they come out to my house (as nice as I can).
hookbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 07:12 AM   #374
comicsacrifice

as much as i hate to admit it, i actually needed the tech there to install my cards. and i was so pissed when i found out i couldnt pick up the cards myself. we went through 3 cards before we got 2 that worked.
comicsacrifice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 08:21 AM   #375
Hokie Fan

Columbia SC Cable Card Install Update

After the lunch time debacle I received a call from the indepdent contractor techs (techs henceforth). They managed to locate two CableCARDs and returned around 8:15 in the evening to do the installation. This was their first CableCARD install and they had never really seen a TiVo at all, much less a Series 3. To their credit they studied TiVo's supplied instructions for a bit and then proceeded to install Card 1 and then Card 2. When each card was installed it immediately popped up the CableCARD info screen with the card ID and Host ID. The longest part of the install was waiting on the operator at the headend to first transcribe the card and host IDs. One of the IDs was copied down wrong and this caused problems during pairing. Once the proper numbers were confirmed pairing occurred in a matter of minutes.

I was unable to get the various HD Tier and premiums (SD and HD) at first. Once I forced a restart via the settings menu TiVo came up with the HD Tier and Premiums working as expected.

Here's a rundown of what does and does not work.

Works:

Local HDs (ABC, NBC, CBS, FOX, etc)
TNTHD
Discovery HD
HD Tier except for Universal HD
HBOs (all six of them) and HBOHD
Cinemax and its variants
ESPNHD (praise be to gozzar)
Digital Only channels like Speed, etc. (Haven't explored too many of these)

What DOES NOT Work:
Pacific feeds for HBO, HBOHD and Cinemax
UniversalHD

I suspect that like much of the country TW of SC is using the Switched Video technology for the Pacific feeds and it appears that UniHD is also on the switched video technology since all the other channels in the HD Tier work fine. I will call and confirm this today.
Hokie Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 09:16 AM   #376
cwoody222

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eskimo Pie
Well TWC Buffalo (Formerly Adelphia) came back for my second attempt today.
Hey - nice to see you made it here from the AVS Forum

Glad to hear your CableCARD install went smoothly.
Old 09-27-2006, 10:24 AM   #377
robreams

CableCard & Music Channels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houtech
No hassle other than the "You know you won't be able to record anymore, you won't have the cable guide anymore, you won't have the music channels, blah, blah, blah" speech.
Can anyone verify the above? If I replace my current SA-8300HD with a Tivo Series3, will I lose the Digital Music Channels Time Warner offers?
robreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 10:31 AM   #378
derekcbart

Quote:
Originally Posted by robreams
Can anyone verify the above? If I replace my current SA-8300HD with a Tivo Series3, will I lose the Digital Music Channels Time Warner offers?
I've got digital music channels with my S3 with TWC Los Angeles.
derekcbart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 03:27 PM   #379
VoodooNYC

Quote:
Originally Posted by macsamurai
Can anyone with Time Warner NYC (manh, brooklyn or queens) who has WORKING CableCards in their Series 3 already PM or email me so I can get some info from you that might help get mine working properly?
I have TW coming to Brooklyn for the second time this Saturday after 1st installation resulted in failed cablecards and cablecard stuck in the slot. After numerous calls to 4 supervisors, I was able to schedule again and not have to wait 3 weeks for a truck roll with the assurance that they would bring more than 2 cards this time around. If I'm up and running by Saturday, I'll be happy to help.
VoodooNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 04:10 PM   #380
macsamurai
TiVoSamurai Too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooNYC
I have TW coming to Brooklyn for the second time this Saturday after 1st installation resulted in failed cablecards and cablecard stuck in the slot. After numerous calls to 4 supervisors, I was able to schedule again and not have to wait 3 weeks for a truck roll with the assurance that they would bring more than 2 cards this time around. If I'm up and running by Saturday, I'll be happy to help.
Thanks! I spoke to my Public Affairs rep this morning and gave her some info that will hopefully help - thanks to TiVo Community member "alee" and also the "head end" info that was posted here earlier from the TWC customer in Albany.

She just called back to tell me she passed all that info along to the head end techs and the IT supervisor and they are both "working on it," but there's still no ETA as to when they might have it resolved (or figure out exactly what the problem is, for that matter). Hopefully I'll get a more informative update tomorrow.
macsamurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 07:37 PM   #381
clupher

TW Austin Ė Success!

First, a disclaimer. I donít have any premium services like HBO, Showtime, etc. I do pay for the basic HD channels (ESPNHD, HDNET, HDNET Movies, Universal HD, INHD, INHD2) as well as all of the local HD channels.

I had the cable cards installed Tuesday (Sept 26th) but CC #1 didnít display HDNET Movies. CC2 didnít display anything in the 1600 range. The tech that did the installation mentioned that it can take up to 24 hours for the CCs to come on-line.

Long story short, as of 6:00pm on Sept 27th, both cards now receive all channels.

I was a little concerned that the TW folks were telling me that the 1600 range didnít work with the CCs. In my case the fear was unfounded.

Iím back on TIVO, baby! Time to dump the TW box!!!

<cpl>
clupher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 08:27 PM   #382
rrman

I have two Tivo's (a series 1 and a series 2). I'm really interested in getting the series 3, but I'm worried about SDV. I sent the following email to Time Warner:

=========
I'm a Time Warner cable subscriber in Ithaca, NY (Syracuse market).

I am considering getting a TiVo Series 3. This is an HDTV DVR that uses
two Cablecards (1.0). I like the usability of the Tivo much more than
that of the SA 8300HD. However, this box, like TVs that use Cablecards,
may not work properly if SDV (Switched Digital Video) is used by Time
Warner.

My questions are:

1. Does Time Warner in the Ithaca/Syracuse area use SDV?

2. If SDV is used, what channels use SDV?

3. What are the future plans of using SDV and what channels might use
it in the future?

I'm not interested in all the channels, so if SDV is used for some less
popular channels, it would be okay with me. However, my main concern is
that I can continue to receive all HDTV channels with CableCard (such
as ABC, NBC, CBS, HBO, Showtime, HDNet, plus the other premium HDTV
channels such as inHD, etc.). In addition to the HDTV channels, I'm also
most interested in the WB and Fox.

==================

The following is Time Warner's reply:

===========

As of August 1st 2006, the only channels that we us SDV on are the west
coast feeds for out premium channels like HBO, Cinemax, Showtime and
Starz!. So your high definition channels should not be effected. If Time
Warner adds more channels to the SDV way of transmission you'll be
notified in writing of the changes.
==================

I really want to get a Tivo Series 3, but it's not clear what Time Warner's future plans are for SDV, and I'd be really upset if in the future there are HDTV channels that I can't get due to SDV. I see that many Time Warner subscribers have decided to go ahead and get a Series 3. Any thoughts?

Thanks.
rrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 09:15 PM   #383
SCSIRAID

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrman
I have two Tivo's (a series 1 and a series 2). I'm really interested in getting the series 3, but I'm worried about SDV. I sent the following email to Time Warner:

=========
I'm a Time Warner cable subscriber in Ithaca, NY (Syracuse market).

I am considering getting a TiVo Series 3. This is an HDTV DVR that uses
two Cablecards (1.0). I like the usability of the Tivo much more than
that of the SA 8300HD. However, this box, like TVs that use Cablecards,
may not work properly if SDV (Switched Digital Video) is used by Time
Warner.

My questions are:

1. Does Time Warner in the Ithaca/Syracuse area use SDV?

2. If SDV is used, what channels use SDV?

3. What are the future plans of using SDV and what channels might use
it in the future?

I'm not interested in all the channels, so if SDV is used for some less
popular channels, it would be okay with me. However, my main concern is
that I can continue to receive all HDTV channels with CableCard (such
as ABC, NBC, CBS, HBO, Showtime, HDNet, plus the other premium HDTV
channels such as inHD, etc.). In addition to the HDTV channels, I'm also
most interested in the WB and Fox.

==================

The following is Time Warner's reply:

===========

As of August 1st 2006, the only channels that we us SDV on are the west
coast feeds for out premium channels like HBO, Cinemax, Showtime and
Starz!. So your high definition channels should not be effected. If Time
Warner adds more channels to the SDV way of transmission you'll be
notified in writing of the changes.
==================

I really want to get a Tivo Series 3, but it's not clear what Time Warner's future plans are for SDV, and I'd be really upset if in the future there are HDTV channels that I can't get due to SDV. I see that many Time Warner subscribers have decided to go ahead and get a Series 3. Any thoughts?

Thanks.
We can live in fear..... or.... enjoy life. Even if they move something you like to SDV you can always rent a 8300 for that stuff and enjoy Tivo goodness for everything else. A Series 3 will always retain value for those who go OTA.

Come on in... the waters fine.
SCSIRAID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 09:23 PM   #384
rlay

1 Cablecard and no HD Package (Imperial Valley, CA)

The Time Warner (former Adelphia) installer showed up early with only one cable card. He's never worked with them before. Installed it, and we kept getting the 161-1 error, even after having them reset it in the office. He called the office and told them that I needed two cablecards. He came back a half hour later, and kept getting the 161-1 error. He removed the old card and the new card worked. Everytime we tried the first card, the machine keeps returning to the 161-1 error.

After speaking to his CSR, he was told that there was a number he was going to give me to specifically get the TIVO to work. He was going to call me to give me the number. I'm still waiting for that call, and the 888-683-1000 support number keeps telling me that all representatives are busy and to call back later.

So, at the moment one tuner works (2 tuners were working with analog cable)....and I have HBO-HD and one local channel...but no HD Package (HDNET, Discover HD, etc.).

Does anyone know if I can configure analog cable and one digital cable card while I try to resolve this fiasco with Time Warner?

The Motorola box is working just fine....one cable & two tuners...plus the HD channels.

Last edited by rlay : 09-27-2006 at 09:50 PM.
rlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 09:35 PM   #385
pmiranda

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlay
Does anyone know if I can configure analog cable and one digital cable card while I try to resolve this fiasco with Time Warner?
No. I hope they do make that work someday since it's rare I need to record more than one non-local digital channel at once and I'd love to cut TW down to just one cablecard of revenue from my house.
S3 FAQ
pmiranda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 11:36 PM   #386
alee

Is ANYONE in the TWCNYC area up and running? Seeing quite a few reports here that TWCNYC blitzed a lot of CableCARDs today, and wondered if anyone's unit is back in service?

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...&&#post4424077

Judging by my To Do list, i think both my cards have been out of service for at least 18+ hrs...
alee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 12:15 AM   #387
rlay

More waiting

I finally got through to TWC (former Adelphia in Imperial Valley, CA...call center in Colorado), and the polite CSR lady told me that the non-working card is probably not an HD card, because it wasn't specified in the orginal work order. They look identical, but the serial numbers have a different sequence pattern. She was scheduling an "advanced tech" to come out next Friday (Oct. 6th)...but to call in a couple of days to see if they can have out out sooner (waving any setup fees)

When we talked about the functioning card not getting all of the HD channels, she said that all of the HD channels are switched on for all of the devices in my home, whether it's an HD cable card or one of their set top boxes. Her guess is that both of the cards were not HD cards (even though I get HBO-HD and one local channel in HD). I still get all the HD channels on the Motorola box. I'm hoping the advanced tech can work it out.

I recieved my S3 nearly 2 weeks ago, and it looks like it will be at least another week before I'll know whether it will even work with TWC. Because the Motorola box works fine, I might return the S3 if we TWC can't get it to work next week. I might even consider DirecTV, but my neighbor has had all kind of problems wiring up multiple TVs, phone lines, and a 2 tuner TIVO....also, they don't do local HD in my area....and he has a big obtrusive dish in the front of his house. So TWC might be the lesser of two evils. I'm really getting the sense that the S3 is an early adopter product with a lot of kinks that need to be worked out.

I hooked up the S3 back to analog cable to get 2 tuner capability back (which looks surprisingly better then the analog channels on the Motorola box). $800 is a lot of money to lose programming and features just to get a better UI and a bit sharper picture...considering my plasma as $2000+.
rlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 01:44 AM   #388
Yakko1968

Time Warner Dallas

After four Time Warner tech visits to my home and numerous calls to both Time Warner Cable and TiVo I've finally got both CableCARDs working properly in my S3.
The problem always seemed to be with the card in Slot 2 - it would decode the digital signals but not any of the premium channels. The card was replaced several times but what finally seemed to get it working was a senior tech at the cable company who reprovisioned the card while I was on the phone with him.

I thought I was having a bad experience with the techs clearly not familiar with the TiVo S3 hardware and with TWC customer service always scheduling more truck rollouts whenever I would call rather than putting me in touch with somebody who could reprovision on the phone. But after reading what some of the people posting in this thread have gone through in other cities I don't feel so bad. If half of the stories are true about the ignorant and downright rude behavior that TiVo customers have endured from TW in other cities then I guess I'm damned lucky that I was always treated courteously. I never even had to listen to the "let me talk you out of CableCARDs" speech once!

Frankly it seems like a lot of the problems could be avoided if TW would allow consumers to install the cards ourselves. Granted I would imagine most TiVo S3 early adopters are gadget minded and aren't intimidated about hooking up A/V equipment whereas some would rather let somebody with a toolbelt install everything. But at least make it an option like picking up the STBs.

Anyway... good luck to anyone still having problems. And if you've yet to go through your install I would recommend reading that "Instructions for CableCARD Installers" and familiarizing yourself with the menus before the tech arrives.
Yakko1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 04:21 AM   #389
rrman

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCSIRAID
We can live in fear..... or.... enjoy life. Even if they move something you like to SDV you can always rent a 8300 for that stuff and enjoy Tivo goodness for everything else. A Series 3 will always retain value for those who go OTA.

Come on in... the waters fine.
Hee hee. Good point. Even if the SA 8300HD gets all the channels, it isn't very reliable, so yeah, a Tivo would be good to get :-).
rrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 07:00 AM   #390
VoodooNYC

Quote:
Originally Posted by alee
Is ANYONE in the TWCNYC area up and running? Seeing quite a few reports here that TWCNYC blitzed a lot of CableCARDs today, and wondered if anyone's unit is back in service?
I'm curious about this too. Is it a system wide failure in the entire NYC area? That would really suck.
VoodooNYC is offline   Reply With Quote