Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 09-24-2006, 10:07 AM   #421
mchief
Morey

Quote:
Originally Posted by uksausage
I am in Northern Virginia and I think I have seen posted earlier there is a MAJOR porblem with Comcast here.

No one is specifying the make of their cablecards whish are working - please can you let us know if any are Scientifc Atlanta cards.

After a contractor technician came out with a SA DVR expecting to pick up 2 cable cards he then called in to get an installed around promto (this was Friday lunch time and one was scheduled for 4pm) with 2 cards.

I got a call from installer prior to going to call before mine - great service I thought and infact the call before was for identical Tivo series3 2 cable card installs.
Then got a call 40 minutes later - the cards they have are incomatible with Tivo they WILL NOT WORK.
There is new software from SA that is meant to fix the porblems but they havent goty the software in NaVA

Is this an issue that can be escalated does anyone know?

Given I live 4 miles from the FCC building it woudl be ironic if NaVA were breaking some rules somehow.

I have no idea when I will get the cards now and am "suffering" from the lack of digital channels and HD but enjoying the better output and dual tuner anyway.
Sounds like you are in Arlington. I'm in Alexandria with Comcast and an SA cablecard in my HDTV which works fine. Try talking to someone else or a supervisor. There are no software issues with the SA card.
mchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 10:14 AM   #422
geekmedic
TiVo Fanatic

Barry, CableCards allow you to get all the content you subscribe to, including HBO, Cinemax, and your baseball package. The only thing you can't do is order pay-per-view or on-demand movies through your TiVo.
Old 09-24-2006, 11:07 AM   #423
yunlin12
Tivonation Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by IraF
Currently, in addition to my Series One TiVo, I have the Comcast Motorola dual DVR, which, for $9.95, includes dual HD service. There is another $9.95 charge for digital classic which includes the cost of one "converter/remote."

I was told the first cable card would replace the converter/remote in the digital cable package, thus you could say it is free - but it's actually not - the digital classic package includes the price of a converter and a remote, and you wouldn't have either anymore - so if the price stays the same, you are paying the same price for the cable card as you were for your now non-existent converter/remote. If the digital classic package cost less with cable card, THEN cable card could be said to be free.

Ignoring that, he says if I wanted HD on the cable card, I'd have to add $5.

And, a second cable card would cost $6.95 more.
That sounds like BS. I have Digital Silver here in San Jose. When I called the CSR asked what I need the cards for. I said Tivo. She said "Oh you need 2 then". I asked her if there'll be rental fees, she said no, those are free. She didn't mention an outlet charge either, so I could still be screwed. But she sounded nice.

Before this I wass paying for $9.95 for HDDVR with Motorola, on top of the digital silver package which includes the STB. I'm not sure if they charge me $5 for HD or not since I got this whole deal when signing up with Comcast. The only item that's broken out is the DVR fee.
Tivo S3 750GB (decommissioned)
Tivo HD 750GB (adopted by parents)
Tivo Premiere
Tivo Premiere XL
yunlin12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 11:29 AM   #424
silentbob

Mixed experience here in Montgomery County, MD. Fortunately, most of the problems were on the front end.

I had an appointment for 5-8 pm yesterday, and the technician did not show up until around 9:15. When I first showed him the Series 3, he refused to install the cards because it was not a television. My line about the FCC/CableLabs had no effect. He claimed that there were potential liability issues installing a CableCARD into a device like the TiVo. So I asked how I was supposed to get a CableCARD, and he said to go to the Comcast offices. When I replied that going to the offices and getting turned down was why I needed to make an appointment in the first place, he called his supervisor and finally relented.

The install itself went fine. It took 20 minutes and I got the 161-4 error for both cards (Motorola version 4.21), but as stated upthread, it's actually a good thing. Everything worked shortly thereafter, and now I'm watching English soccer and the Ryder Cup. Brilliant.
silentbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 01:32 PM   #425
BarryPCC

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmedic
Barry, CableCards allow you to get all the content you subscribe to, including HBO, Cinemax, and your baseball package. The only thing you can't do is order pay-per-view or on-demand movies through your TiVo.
Thanks for that info! That's what I thought when I sat back and thought about it for a while. The CSR on the phone however was "certain" that I would lose MLB Extra Innings".

I'll go to the Comcast office in person when I am ready to get CableCards. Hopefully I run into a tech who knows what I am talking about. Hope to get the S3 in November.

We shall see!
Old 09-24-2006, 01:34 PM   #426
Gregor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryPCC
Thanks for that info! That's what I thought when I sat back and thought about it for a while. The CSR on the phone however was "certain" that I would lose MLB Extra Innings".

I'll go to the Comcast office in person when I am ready to get CableCards. Hopefully I run into a tech who knows what I am talking about. Hope to get the S3 in November.

We shall see!
Ask to talk to one of their tech managers. The guy I talked to wasn't sure about Tivo but agreed to send his 'guru' over to do the install.

MK:3523-2615-6739

Do not taunt happy thread counts.
Gregor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 01:45 PM   #427
dlmart2

Im in AA county also, I was told there was a charge, however, I wasn't told there was a charge either <shrug> The only pricing info I got was the install charge, which I beleive was $17.xx

I guess I'll have to look closely at my next bill....

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoHokies!
Smooth install here in Anne Arundel County, MD. Installer was one time, said it was his second Tivo and had several other jobs for 2 cards today, so it looked like he was going to be doing a lot of these.

Dropped both cards in, got the numbers, he called them in and within 2 minutes got the 161-4 on both cards. He hung around when while I redid guided setup, everything worked perfectly. We talked Tivo just about the whole time, the installer didn't know about all the extra features that the Tivo offered, said he'd have to look into getting one himself.

I can't believe it, but Comcast!!!

Looking at the paperwork he left, it cost me 8 bucks - we'll see how the monthly works itself out.

Edit: FWIW, both were the pastel label Moto-branded cards

dlmart2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 02:15 PM   #428
Bill4hand

Comcast in Montgomery Co Maryland

I've called twice and e-mailed with customer service twice at Comcast cable in Rockville MD and I can't get them to believe I need two cablecards for my Tivo. The first response was they won't give me two cards, a later response was Comcast cablecards won't work in the Tivo, and the last response was the Comcast doesn't service or program Tivos. So I've had no success trying to get Comcast to even agree to sell, rent, install or allow me to have two cable cards. Has anyone had success with Comcast in Montgomery County? Is there someone I can talk to? I don't care if I need to pay more money, I hate having the $800 Tivo just sitting on a table doing nothing. If I can't get cablecards installed I'm going to have to see if I can get Tivo to take it back.
Bill4hand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 04:20 PM   #429
jfh3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill4hand
I've called twice and e-mailed with customer service twice at Comcast cable in Rockville MD and I can't get them to believe I need two cablecards for my Tivo. The first response was they won't give me two cards, a later response was Comcast cablecards won't work in the Tivo, and the last response was the Comcast doesn't service or program Tivos. So I've had no success trying to get Comcast to even agree to sell, rent, install or allow me to have two cable cards. Has anyone had success with Comcast in Montgomery County? Is there someone I can talk to? I don't care if I need to pay more money, I hate having the $800 Tivo just sitting on a table doing nothing. If I can't get cablecards installed I'm going to have to see if I can get Tivo to take it back.
Call them back and tell them you have two TVs that you want CableCARDs with and just lead the installer to the Tivo when he gets there. The person on the phone who activates the cards will have no way to tell that the cards are in a Tivo and the system won't care.
jfh3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 05:04 PM   #430
Parkmad

Ok, I am not sure this a Comcast issue at this point, but I don't seem to be making progress.

Comcast came out on Friday and I will skip the first hour of "We don't support this" and me replying with Yes, you do. The installer didn't know anything and I guided him through the setup and we got CC1 to work, but CC2 only displays basic cable (not digital stations). He finally had to go and I called Comcast and had them ping CC2 but nothing changed so they sent another installer today.

Today's installer didn't give me any grief and proceeded to ping the CC's to no avail. His boss drove by and gave him another CC and installed it into slot 2. Now, CC2 works, but CC1 only displays basic cable! I have rerun guided setup numerous times but it hasn't helped. The test channel menu indicates that no channels are available.

In the conditional access menu, CC2 used to display EnabledbyCP: No and CC1 showed EnabledbyCP: Yes and now CC1 and CC2 both show yes, but CC1 now shows that Connected: No

I am wondering if it's a sequencing issue. Should I start over knowing that I have 2 good cards and reinstall and call Comcast and have them initialize? Hopefully this won't get buried in this massive thread.

Thanks
Parkmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 05:35 PM   #431
GoHokies!
O2->CO2 Converter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlmart2
Im in AA county also, I was told there was a charge, however, I wasn't told there was a charge either <shrug> The only pricing info I got was the install charge, which I beleive was $17.xx

I guess I'll have to look closely at my next bill....
Sounds like the CC I know and "love"... I was charged 17 for the original HD install, then 8 for the change from the HD box to the Cable cards. I guess that 17 is their "install HD feed"? (which the lady made sound like brain surgery when I set up "You can't do it because there are 5 cables to hook up!!!!"

Kind of crummy that you're paying twice as much as I did for the same service...
GoHokies! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 06:55 PM   #432
Parkmad

Ok, it was comcast. I called and explained the situation and they initalized CC1 (error message occurred) and voila, all is good, 2 fully functional tuners. Sweet.
Parkmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 07:23 PM   #433
Gerhard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parkmad
Ok, I am not sure this a Comcast issue at this point, but I don't seem to be making progress.

Comcast came out on Friday and I will skip the first hour of "We don't support this" and me replying with Yes, you do. The installer didn't know anything and I guided him through the setup and we got CC1 to work, but CC2 only displays basic cable (not digital stations). He finally had to go and I called Comcast and had them ping CC2 but nothing changed so they sent another installer today.

Today's installer didn't give me any grief and proceeded to ping the CC's to no avail. His boss drove by and gave him another CC and installed it into slot 2. Now, CC2 works, but CC1 only displays basic cable! I have rerun guided setup numerous times but it hasn't helped. The test channel menu indicates that no channels are available.

In the conditional access menu, CC2 used to display EnabledbyCP: No and CC1 showed EnabledbyCP: Yes and now CC1 and CC2 both show yes, but CC1 now shows that Connected: No

I am wondering if it's a sequencing issue. Should I start over knowing that I have 2 good cards and reinstall and call Comcast and have them initialize? Hopefully this won't get buried in this massive thread.

Thanks
Switch the cards around and have them re-authorize them from the central office.

Every seen the movie office space? These Tivos are in the Xerox II graveyard:

2 x Tivo (original)
2 x Tivo2
1 x Tivo3 750GB
1 x TiVo HD 1.2TB
Gerhard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 11:32 PM   #434
amf

CableCard Northern California - Sonoma County

I live in the Greater Bay Area.. Sonoma County about 100 miles north of San Francisco. Just called comcast to schedule installation of 4 cable cards for my Tivo Series 3 dvrs due to arrive next week.

Comcast stated cards were free and a single installation charge of 15.99. Monthly fee of 5.95 for HD service per device. They will pick up existing motorola HD recorders and take them away during install. Appointment set for 1st week in OCT.

Very easy call to comcast at 800-comcast and 1st contact was knowledgable and no hassle at all.

Alan
Cloverdale CA
amf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 11:05 AM   #435
atl Tivo

Quote:
Originally Posted by amf
I live in the Greater Bay Area.. Sonoma County about 100 miles north of San Francisco. Just called comcast to schedule installation of 4 cable cards for my Tivo Series 3 dvrs due to arrive next week.

Comcast stated cards were free and a single installation charge of 15.99. Monthly fee of 5.95 for HD service per device. They will pick up existing motorola HD recorders and take them away during install. Appointment set for 1st week in OCT.

Very easy call to comcast at 800-comcast and 1st contact was knowledgable and no hassle at all.

Alan
Cloverdale CA
I had two comcast DVR boxes and decided to get rid of one a few months ago. Made an appointment with comcast to pick it up, waited 5 hours and no one showed. Got my next comcast bill and They took it off my bill but I still have the box. I may try this with my current Comcast DVR that is being replaced by the S3 TIVO.
Old 09-25-2006, 11:10 AM   #436
shady
We have chickens!

Quote:
Originally Posted by atl Tivo
I may try this with my current Comcast DVR that is being replaced by the S3 TIVO.
But then you'd still have the Comcast DVR I'm missing something, what's the upside?
Old 09-25-2006, 11:32 AM   #437
DocSavag

Quote:
Originally Posted by shady
But then you'd still have the Comcast DVR I'm missing something, what's the upside?
Its free which means its a very cost efficient door stop
DocSavag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 11:42 AM   #438
uksausage

Quote:
Originally Posted by mchief
Sounds like you are in Arlington. I'm in Alexandria with Comcast and an SA cablecard in my HDTV which works fine. Try talking to someone else or a supervisor. There are no software issues with the SA card.
I am in Alexandria too, they obviously work in TV's but not Tivo's. I havent seen a CCard yet as they called from a previous job where they wouldnt work.

Any one know what level of Scientific Atlanta firmware is required?
uksausage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 11:58 AM   #439
JakiChan

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3
Comcast's "best" customers pay them $70-$100 per month.
My bill is like $129 right now. That's their top tier (which doesn't seem to include EVERYTHING) + the tier thing that allows me to get Speed. I could cut back, I suppose, but I love seeing the movies in HD.
JakiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 12:07 PM   #440
SeanTivo

Boston area experience

I'm being charged $2.75 per month for the second card and $30 for the install.

I pay for cable in 2 houses and I pushed back on being charged for the 2nd card.
Via online chat I asked for a supervisor to explain why it made sense to charge for the 2nd card when it was only one outlet and especially since if they insisted I would consider going with satellite and DSL for my second home.

I got an email back from a supervisor reitterating their pricing and ignoring everything else. I don't need a dvr in the second house so I will be checking out Sat + DSL. Comcast should end up with an extra $32 per year on the cable card but less $1,200 for my second house.

Anyways, the install was last Friday and took about 2 hours.

First installer showed up with a big roll of wire so I knew he had no idea what type of install this was. He was a sub-contractor, not a Comcast employee.

I told him this was a Tivo install and he looked at me like I had 3 heads. I handed him the install instructions and he glanced at it for about 30 seconds, tossed it down and then asked me where the second TV was?

For the first of about a half dozen times I tried to explain to him that both cards were going into the Tivo. I had the box pulled out and he took 1 card and inserted it into a slot. The TV pulled up the info screen for slot 2. I took the directions and pointed out to him that the directions said to do slot 1 first and he ignored me. (Turns out it doesn't matter which slot goes first but I wanted him to follow the directions).

He ignores me and gets on the phone to his supervisor and says he has a Tivo install. The supv mumbles something and says he'll be over in a few minutes.

The installer puts the phone down and then again asks me where the 2nd TV is?

Exasperated, I hand him the directions and ask him why he can't just follow the directions. I'm getting nowhere so I leave the room.

The supervisor (a comcast employee) shows up and things get better. He has a vague understanding of Tivo but the 2 card thing confuses him. At least he reads the instructions I hand him and puts the second card in and tells the installer to call "dispatch". They spend 15 minutes on hold. I comment that I thought this only happened to customers and they both laughed. Once they spoke to someone on the other end they tried to read the card numbers (Motorola cards, BTW) when the guy on the other end said the cards were not "on my account". The supervisor bitched at the installer and asked why he hadn't called "dispatch" to update my account first so they had to hang up and call dispatch.

10 minutes on hold before dispatch answers, updates my account and then it's back to being on hold for tech suppt. Luckily, the supervisor had started a call to tech suppt while we were on hold for dispatch.

Another 10 minutes and we get a tech guy who knows what he's doing. Says he's already done a bunch of Tivo's that day. 5 minutes later, everythings working and the installers are out the door.
SeanTivo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 12:10 PM   #441
Dark Helmet

Quote:
Originally Posted by uksausage
I am in Northern Virginia and I think I have seen posted earlier there is a MAJOR porblem with Comcast here.

No one is specifying the make of their cablecards whish are working - please can you let us know if any are Scientifc Atlanta cards.
So, I live in Northern VA, but I have Cox (but I guess we can't be that far apart, since the area Comcast covers in Northern VA is pretty small). Cox supplied me with two Scientific Atlanta CableCards, and after a few fits and starts, they work fine. I know, this isn't Comcast, but I just thought I'd let you know that Scientific Atlanta cards work for me.
Dark Helmet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 12:12 PM   #442
mweppner

Interest Phone Call to Comcast

OK, I'm still kicking this around. For the heck of it, I decided to call Comcast and see how much they would charge me for 2 cable cards in a single location. I've read in various posts that some are getting them cheaper than others, some free, and some are treating them as 2 locations instead of just 1, etc. I haven't put all thsoe numbers together yet to try to haggle for a deal - just trying to see what they told me.

I called the 800 number for Comcast and said:

Me: I was curious how much it would cost for me to add 2 cable cards to my account.

Rep: Is this for a Tivo Series 3

Me: Yes

Rep: Comcast cablecards are not supported for Tivo Series 3 and do not work. You can't do it.

Me: Are you serious? I've read plenty of forums online where people were successful installing the cable cards with Comcast and the S3.

Rep: Yes, I'm serious. *insert some sort of technical speak about MAC-ID's or something like that*

Me: I'm still baffled because I see someone in MD just had it installed 2 days ago and it is working - that is not far from me.

Rep: We have received complaint after complaint. They just issued a notice today stating that Comcast didnt' support S3 and we are trying to make it work.

Me: Ok, just for fun, how much would it cost me for the 2 cable cards?

Rep: It would be $14.95 per month per card - you would essentially be paying for 2 locations in the same spot, almost like having 2 DVR's in the same room.

Me: Wow - I've read different things online. I guess I'll have to call back and see what other information I get. Thank you.

Does that seem right to anyone? Am I missing something? I admittedly have not read all 15+ pages of this thread, but I have read a good deal of it, as well as plenty of others in the S3 forum. Is this "Comcast cards won't work at all" new?

Thoughts? Thanks.
mweppner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 12:18 PM   #443
jay_man2
jay_man-also

My Comcast cablecard installation in the Series 3 is done, and I'm re-running the Guided setup as I type this. When the tech saw that the cards were going into a TiVo, he called to make sure it was okay.

They were on top of it, as the guy back at the office said they'd been emailed information in the last day or so (after a customer in Reston raised heck with them). The first card was bad, but the second initialized just fine. In diagnosing the bad card, I discovered that the little release button to pop the card back out of the TiVo is busted.

The tech got a new card, it installed fine, received all the channels fine, but the 2nd card took some work. The tech who programs the cards into the head-end was able to resolve whatever the problem was with the 2nd card, ans all is well.

Happy camper here. The tech said it was the first install in the system here in Manassas, VA.
Old 09-25-2006, 01:29 PM   #444
getgray

Hi guys: I've had my S3 for a week or so and been chicken to stick in the CC's. I'm in Nashville and after duking it out with a typical conversation on the phone with a CSR they said I could go get the CC myself at the main office. Actually that was my only option, come get them. I'm OK with that and have done so.

Now, am I going to have to completely reset the box (and what I've already recorded OTA) to get the 2 CC's installed?

What is the sequence of getting them going with the best probablility of sucess?

Thanks,
Scott

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Speels betr than typos.
getgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 01:35 PM   #445
c3
TiVoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by getgray
What is the sequence of getting them going with the best probablility of sucess?
Step 1: Pray.
c3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 02:01 PM   #446
Bodshal
Penguin-tastic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by getgray
Hi guys: I've had my S3 for a week or so and been chicken to stick in the CC's. I'm in Nashville and after duking it out with a typical conversation on the phone with a CSR they said I could go get the CC myself at the main office. Actually that was my only option, come get them. I'm OK with that and have done so.

Now, am I going to have to completely reset the box (and what I've already recorded OTA) to get the 2 CC's installed?

Thanks,
Scott
No resetting required - but you will have to re-run guided setup. For the OTA stuff, it should offer you the same settings you gave it last time, but this time round you tell it cable+antenna.

Just insert card 1, get it working, then do card 2. Then re-run guided setup.

Nothing already recorded will be lost.

Chris.
Old 09-25-2006, 02:06 PM   #447
yunlin12
Tivonation Citizen

success in San Jose!

Oops, posted to wrong thread before.

Cable man came on Sat. This guy has never seen the Tivo before. But after reading about the Auth:MISSING_PROGRAM_REKEY, I told him to ask the office to initialize the card. The did that, and I got 161-4 error on card 1 in a couple of minutes, and card 2 a couple of minutes after that. Tested and can see HBO-HD on both cards. I got all the channels within a couple of minutes, so the first guy who came on Fri saying thet it takes up to 2 hours for CC to get all the channels was just full of BS, and just looking to get thru with the job.

The install guy on Sat was interested in Tivo, and pretty glad they he got such an easy install (basically just what I told him to), so he stuck around and I showed him the Tivo box a litte.

Here are my time line:

Ordered on Tue
Got it Wed/Thur !?
Called Comcast Thur, 2 cards, no rental fee on either (forgot to ask about outlet fee though) $16 installation
1st CC install Fri (failed)
2nd CC install Sat (good)

I'm a happy camper
Tivo S3 750GB (decommissioned)
Tivo HD 750GB (adopted by parents)
Tivo Premiere
Tivo Premiere XL
yunlin12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 02:33 PM   #448
ThreeSoFar
FourNow...WaitFive

I tried to get 1800COMCAST to "initialize" by phone today, but they had no clue. They did not see any of the #'s I gave them from my cable cards. They kept thinking all my "boxes" started with a letter, but none of the CC ID's do.

*sigh*

Anyway, got another tech coming out Saturday. Hoping the magic word, "initialize", works then.....

Until then, I have a mostly useless S3.
ThreeSoFar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 02:42 PM   #449
corwin_ranger

Success in CT

I had Comcast out on Friday 9/22 to do my CC install. Two techs showed up on site. Looks like this was one of the first in the area. The techs were thrilled when I showed them that my devices were all set up and ready for the CCs. I had them install 3. One in the TV and two in the TiVo.

It took these guys more time to write down the info and call in the activation than anything else. We had a false start or two until I told them to slow down a bit and do this one card at a time. I think they just wanted to get out fast.

One thing I will say is that it took several minutes (as much as 5 minutes on one of the cards) for TiVo to display that various Host/Serial number screens, so be a little patient with this step.

Once they got this info on all 3 cards, they called the home office and had them "hit" the cards one at a time. As each card was activated, the installers were great about taking a minute to check encrypted chaneels to make sure I was getting everything.

Since this has come up in other threads, my cards were activated BEFORE the software update. They did NOT have to be "hit" again after the update.

Overall, it was a pretty painless experience.

I do have one question that I haven't seen in a thread search. Has anyone noticed that you can't change the Recording Quality, even for SD shows? I set my default recording quality to medium (lots of SD kids programming for my daughter). On my Series 2 I could always change the recording quality of a show in Season Pass Manager or at setup time. I understand why this isn't the case for for HD prgramming, but why not for HD? I called TiVo Support and didn;t really get an answer on this, though I did force an update of the sofware as a potential solution, which is why I know the CCs worked after the update.

I'm going to try and do antother search on this and if I don't find it, I'll start a thread.

Found the thread: Long story short, if you are recording a digital signal of ANY kind, recording quality is not an option: Recording Quality Thread

Thanks,

Steve.

Last edited by corwin_ranger : 09-25-2006 at 02:52 PM. Reason: Added link for clarity.
corwin_ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 02:56 PM   #450
zfalcon

Surprisingly, I had a good install after nothing but trouble from comcast the last few times. This is Comcast in the SF east bay.

The tech guessed that I had the S3 after he saw the order. It did not sound like he had done one before, but he knew that you do one card at a time and to put it in the bottom slot first.

He explained the procedure to his dispatch and made sure that the cards were pinged one at a time.

There were only a few minor issues.
1) He did not know his way around the tivo, but wanted to drive. I had to guide him around.
2) 161-4 error on the first card...I told him this was ok.
3) After putting in the second card, I let him know that we had to wait until the cablecard mmi screen came up automatically.
zfalcon is offline   Reply With Quote