TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Help Center
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 09-23-2006, 08:38 AM   #331
Matt50001

Question Bizarre working/not working IR issue

Hello -

I've got a dish 301 and in the past, used this forum to (succesfully) get an IR blast cable and get my TIVO working. But now, it's not. My Dish was on the fritz (lots of dropped signals) so I had a repairman come out and he replaced physical pieces of the dish (but no settings as far as I'm aware), and since then, NO IR BLASTER. I've replaced the IR cable, and my dish works perfectly, but my Tivo is all but useless. I've read some theories that it may not work if the timing of the Tivo and the Reciever arent' in sequence, but not sure which needs to be early, nor how to reset them anyway. Unclear if restarting the enitre setup sequence, or deleting all my information, would help. Again, reciever (and the remote) work fine, cable has been replaced, but when I tell Tivo to change the chanel, I no longer see the blue channel changing element (but Tivo internally changes what channel it thinks it's on). It's important to note that I did have it working, so I know how it's supposed to be setup. I've also seen some theories that some software versions of the Dish may not support IR blasting - but not sure which versions. Can anyone assist?

Matt
Matt50001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2006, 10:03 AM   #332
Edmund
Remote Czar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt50001
Hello -

I've got a dish 301 and in the past, used this forum to (succesfully) get an IR blast cable and get my TIVO working. But now, it's not. My Dish was on the fritz (lots of dropped signals) so I had a repairman come out and he replaced physical pieces of the dish (but no settings as far as I'm aware), and since then, NO IR BLASTER. I've replaced the IR cable, and my dish works perfectly, but my Tivo is all but useless. I've read some theories that it may not work if the timing of the Tivo and the Reciever arent' in sequence, but not sure which needs to be early, nor how to reset them anyway. Unclear if restarting the enitre setup sequence, or deleting all my information, would help. Again, reciever (and the remote) work fine, cable has been replaced, but when I tell Tivo to change the chanel, I no longer see the blue channel changing element (but Tivo internally changes what channel it thinks it's on). It's important to note that I did have it working, so I know how it's supposed to be setup. I've also seen some theories that some software versions of the Dish may not support IR blasting - but not sure which versions. Can anyone assist?

Matt
Make sure the Unit ID of dish receiver and its remote are set #1. The only address the tivo knows.
Edmund is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 02:48 PM   #333
Matt50001

I'm not sure what you mean; The Dish remote works fine, it's set up for channel 3, as is the Tivo. It is the #1 remote. How do I check the Unit ID of the reciever - I don't see it under system information.
Old 09-24-2006, 03:31 PM   #334
Edmund
Remote Czar

Quote:
I'm not sure what you mean; The Dish remote works fine, it's set up for channel 3, as is the Tivo. It is the #1 remote. How do I check the Unit ID of the reciever - I don't see it under system information.
sorry can't help you there, been with directv for 11 years. In fact i'm a Techknow Guide on directv's own forum. Anyways dish receiver have 16 remote addresses, so you can have more then one receiver in a given room. But the only address the tivo receiver knows is #1, get out your manul, read up.
Edmund is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 03:44 PM   #335
greg_burns
Now in HD

Quote:
On my Dish receiver it is in the System Information screen. It is called Remote Address. It can be set from 1 - 15.
greg_burns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 01:33 PM   #336
kilr-t

Dish Vip 211

I've heard Tivo IS compatable with this model satelite receiver, but I can't make mine work. It won't change channels using the Tivo remote. Does anyone know the IR remote code?
kilr-t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 06:05 PM   #337
Matt50001

Thanks; it took me a couple of days to figure it out and look it up, (had to go to the paper manual). Needless to say it was rather un-intuitive (especially since I had no idea it had been changed). But it worked PERFECTLY. For future people who are looking: On the Dish Receiver 322 (not 311 as I originally posted):
A) Validate your DISH reciever / DISH remote co-ordinated setting by looking it up under system information. If it is NOT "1" then
B) Turn the reciever (all units) OFF (sounds strange, but it works) (The TIVO "lost signal screen should be in place)
C) On the reciever (not the remote), change the channel. The system information screen will show up.
D) Press the SAT button for 3+ seconds untill everything blinks. Then press "1" (note: be aware of reasons why you can not or should not do this, but it is the default setting).
E) Press #. If you have done it correctly, the SAT button blinks at you.
F) PRESS RECORD. This important step will officially change it. You should see the number change in the System Info screen. IF YOU DON'T, your DISH remote won't work, let alone TIVOs.
G) From now on, don't let any DISH technicians, who don't have Tivo, change the remote address!!!!
Old 10-10-2006, 04:21 AM   #338
pan2

Fast Medium Slow? A B C?

Pardon the dumb question but the front page refers to codes as #-fast or medium or slow, but on my Series2 I see #-A or B or C. Is there an obvious translation between the two?
pan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 05:58 PM   #339
chicharsgdl

Red face

does anybody have a code for a satellite box dishnetwork 322 for my ir
i can't change channels
chicharsgdl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 07:14 PM   #340
Breckrider

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgentzen
There's a "?" after the model 2200 for the Scientific Atlanta cable box.

I just got set up the other day. The Scientific Atlanta Explorer 2200 does work on 0018-Fast.
I have the Scientific Atlanta Explorer 1100 and the Sony SVR-2000 stand alone dvr. When setting up my tivo, I don't have the 0018 option. My numbers run from 4200 up to 60 something I believe. Is there a way to get additional codes?

UPDATE

Nevermind, I found the code. My mother was able to make the tivo talk to the cable box withOUT the IR emitter attached. I would assume it had to do with placement. She had both units in a cabinet with the cable box over the tivo. I can't recreate this. Has anybody else had this happen?

Last edited by Breckrider : 12-08-2006 at 07:22 PM.
Breckrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 08:03 PM   #341
TiVoJerry
TiVo Field Trials PM

The S1 units emit IR from the front sensor area. This actually caused a lot of problems because reflected signals from here collided with those from the actual emitters and caused a lot of interference and channel changing issues. Series2 models do not do this.

Using this method as a primary means of channel changing could introduce problems if the reflective surface changes. If you notice a lot of missed changes or dropped digits, you should go back to using the emitters.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
TiVoJerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 05:55 AM   #342
Breckrider

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiVoJerry
The S1 units emit IR from the front sensor area. This actually caused a lot of problems because reflected signals from here collided with those from the actual emitters and caused a lot of interference and channel changing issues. Series2 models do not do this.

Using this method as a primary means of channel changing could introduce problems if the reflective surface changes. If you notice a lot of missed changes or dropped digits, you should go back to using the emitters.
But in the short term, if I wanted this to work, where would I put the cable box in relation to the tivo unit?
Breckrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 12:26 PM   #343
myladyz

Arrow

Hello, I just joined here...I have a question about how to get my sound hooked up so I can hear it on my TV.I hear the sound of the TiVo itself but not the sounds from any shows I try to watch..any help?..I have a Phillips series one TiVo and a Hughes Directors Pack Reciever from DirecTv.Thank You ahead of thime!!!!!..Ginny.
myladyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 12:34 PM   #344
TiVoJerry
TiVo Field Trials PM

This thread is in regards to setting up channel changing control for set top boxes. I respectfully suggest you start a new thread to get your questions answered in order not to hijack this discussion. Plus it will receive much more attention than posting here.

Welcome to the TiVolution!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 12-12-2006, 12:40 PM   #345
myladyz

Thank You very much Jerry..I just joined and did not know where to post this so I did it here..hope noone gets upset!..I am sorry I made a honest mistake, Have a nice day.
myladyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 05:00 AM   #346
TampaDon
Don

Quote:
Originally Posted by pan2
Pardon the dumb question but the front page refers to codes as #-fast or medium or slow, but on my Series2 I see #-A or B or C. Is there an obvious translation between the two?

I'm lost as well. I'm guessing B is Medium. So which is slow and which is fast? There is NO help on the main TIVO site and what the tranlastion is.

Don
TampaDon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 11:28 AM   #347
ShawnM907

Motorola DCT2244

Well I have a motorola DCT2244 and wanted to know how to get into the DCT Settings on the box. I've tryed many things but cannot get it to work. Anyone know anything please respond..
ShawnM907 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 10:24 AM   #348
gfuller

MRELK2
THANKS..I have been driving myself crazy try to get my HD drect tv to change channel..
who would of thunk 6 inches to the right of the IR window
gfuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 10:49 AM   #349
convergent

I have a Scientific Atlantic 2200 and 3250HD. I let it automatically configure them and ended up with 00049 instead of 00018. I tried both and 00049 seems to be faster to me. What is way faster is using 4 digit on both of them instead of 3 digit. If you do 3 digit, it waits to see if you are entering a 4th digit before chaning. If you do 4 digit, as soon as the 4 digits are in, it switches immediately. I did not find a "FAST" option. My Dual Tuner TiVo gives me a choice of -A, -B, or -C for both 00018 and 00049. The fastest setup I found was 00049-B and 4 digit.

This is for Time Warner in New York.
2 x Tivo Series 2 Dual Tuner
convergent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 08:04 PM   #350
patwcar

I've looked through this thread for an hour, so I apologize if I missed the answer. I have a tivo series 2 humax trying to control a motorola dct3416 (HD DVR) via IR. I have tried 10006, 10042, 00093). None of them change the channel. Anyone know this model?
patwcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 08:54 PM   #351
boatman6

Is the ir code for a directv D11-100 10074? I'm getting no channel change with that code.
boatman6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 09:11 PM   #352
boatman6

Nevermind. 100074 does work with the emitters placed 6" away from the sensor as described above for the H2O. Thanks.
boatman6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 04:06 AM   #353
jamaicanchick22

Question Need Help With Tivo ASAP

Hello i just got a tivo dvr series dt i have a hd tv and a hd cable box atlanta scienctific explorer 4200 hd i did everything i was ask to do but when i go to video i dont see anything in the back ground-may i need help with the ir or can someone help me??? where should i put the ir and this cable i had it one place someone said move it

what can be wrong?? if dont get help soon will return it to tivo- i have a year pre paid.

Thank You All
C.
jamaicanchick22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 09:12 AM   #354
greg_burns
Now in HD

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamaicanchick22
Hello i just got a tivo dvr series dt i have a hd tv and a hd cable box atlanta scienctific explorer 4200 hd i did everything i was ask to do but when i go to video i dont see anything in the back ground-may i need help with the ir or can someone help me??? where should i put the ir and this cable i had it one place someone said move it

what can be wrong?? if dont get help soon will return it to tivo- i have a year pre paid.

Thank You All
C.
I would start a new thread in this help forum. Let us know how you have it connected up.

Edit: why didn't you (other than the obvious rea$on$) get an S3 for your HDTV?

Last edited by greg_burns : 01-14-2007 at 11:00 AM.
greg_burns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 12:48 PM   #355
jamaicanchick22

What!!

Do you have $800 to spend on a box? because i dont i have more important things to do, liked eat and pay rent
jamaicanchick22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 01:07 PM   #356
azitnay

People have been picking up the Series3 for $600-$650 for quite some time now.

And yes, it's worth it.

Drew
azitnay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 12:05 AM   #357
ocean_waves110

Arrow Help

You seem to know a lot about the Dish 322 Dual tunner satellite box. I am not really good with all of this so some of what you said as way over my head but I thought maybe you could have some advice for me. I have Dish Network and have two Dual turnner 322 satellite boxes. Each one actually is now only being used by one tv though. I have the Tivo DVR 80 hour dual turnner, and have been trying to hook it up to the dish satelite. It was all hooked up and the tivo was working going through the setup and all, but with the way it wa hooked up the satellite would not work or come in. I have no idea how to set it up to get it to work being that the Tivo tells you to connect the cable cord that comes out of he wall to the splittler and then use the other two black cords that they give you and hook one to the satellite and one to the the tivo. That leaves te cords on the Dish 322 box just sitting there and I think they said at dish you have to use the seperator and can't use the splitter, and have to have something hooked to the other cords coming out of the box - the satelite 2 and the two on the right of that when facing the box. I also saw no little white bulb to indicate where to put the IR cords on the top and bottom of the box. I am very lost and am really trying to get it to work, and am worried what to do if I can't. is it possible to make it work? Is there a problem with not the satelite 2 part of it? I would really appreciate any help you can give me, and feel free to talk in language like I'm stupid because I really do not know that much about this. thank you so much,
Kate screename ocean_waves110
ocean_waves110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 12:07 AM   #358
fredric100

Zinwell ZAT-600HD

Anyone know how to configure a Series 2 to control a Zinwell ZAT-600HD ATSC OTA tuner?

I can't get it to change channels. Which device control codes should I choose on the TiVo side? I know where the "channel changing" configuration menus are on the TiVo, but unfortunately Zinwell isn't listed there.

The Zinwell ZAT-600HD does have an RS-232 port (stereo mini-jack, just like on the TiVo side); I've randomly tried different device settings, both IR and Serial control; no luck. Can't find any good docs about the Zinwell.

Thanks in advance.
fredric100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 11:56 AM   #359
TiVoJerry
TiVo Field Trials PM

Even if you could get the S2 to control this box, you wouldn't be able to set up the S2 to send the correct channel change requests. When a S2 is set up for Antenna, it only knows to utilize the internal tuner, plus it isn't capable of issuing channel changes with a dash.

Old 02-08-2007, 12:56 PM   #360
petew

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiVoJerry
Even if you could get the S2 to control this box, you wouldn't be able to set up the S2 to send the correct channel change requests. When a S2 is set up for Antenna, it only knows to utilize the internal tuner, plus it isn't capable of issuing channel changes with a dash.
This raises the question: Do TiVo have any plans to add support for external ATSC tuners to the Series 2 before the big NTSC switch off in 2009? I would have expected that such a box would be configured in the same way as a cable STB is configured today.