TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 09-23-2006, 03:30 PM   #1
ThePlungerMan

S3 Q 4 yes’s & no’s:Installs- Waiting for CP Auth:

Please go to, Tivo Central-------messages and settings---settings---remote, CableCARD, & Devices---CableCARD Decoder-----Configure CableCARD 1( then repeat w/2 after all these clicks)----CableCARD Menu-----CableCARD CP Screen,,,, you will see a screen displayed for the cable provider. In there look for
Auth Status: What do you see, next to it? I have,,,, Waiting for CP Auth. (you would think CP stands for Cable Provider)
My installation hasn’t worked with 3 visits and 6 cards. Supposedly the head end guys are on it and will know more Mon. Of you that are successful and getting ALL your channels what does yours say next to :Auth Status:

Thanks you guys very much. I should have added, to please add also if you are getting all your channels etc. as per your message. But thus far you have given the info anyway, thanks again, this might help.

Last edited by ThePlungerMan : 09-23-2006 at 05:37 PM.
ThePlungerMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2006, 03:43 PM   #2
Troy J B
Lucky 200 Member

mine have fluctuated between SUBSCRIBED, NOT_SUBSCRIBED, and MISSING_PROGRAM_REKEY.
I seem to be getting all my channels. Prior to getting the init signal being sent the auth status was unknown and nothing was working.
Troy J B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2006, 03:49 PM   #3
IPingUPing

My Conditional Access Screen for CC1:

Unit Address: XXXXXXXXXX
XXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXX
Encryption: DES
Connected:yes, EnabledByCP: yes
Auth: SUBSCRIBED
CA enable: possible
[Skipped ECM PID and Component PIDs]
Host Validation: Valid 00
Copy Protection Key: Disabled
CCI: 0x00

Close enough to the same screen for CC2 that I am not going to retype it]
IPingUPing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2006, 03:52 PM   #4
TiVotion
Early Adoptersaurus

Mine say "CP Authorization Received".

TiVo Premiere
TiVo Series 3 HD DVR
TiVo HD DVR
Pioneer DVR-810H
Provider: Verizon FIOS
TiVotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2006, 03:52 PM   #5
Gerhard

When the Tivo was initally setup, it was not authorized to work on the Comcast network.

This was because there central office never set the cards up properly.

I decided to do two things:

1) I called them up and changed my plan with them. This caused them to have to change things in the billing system, and assosciate the CableCARDs with account information.

2) I then pulled the cards, reinserted the CableCARD #1, and then had the lady authorize the card. It work. The AUTH for CC #1 is: SUBSCRIBED

3) I then put in the second cable card and asked them to authorize that card. No errors are ever reported, and the central office is able to check the status of the card (in that they do not get an error). However, CC#2 has ALWAYS said "MISSING_PROGRAM_REKEY."

So one card works, and the other doesn't.

Gerhard

Every seen the movie office space? These Tivos are in the Xerox II graveyard:

2 x Tivo (original)
2 x Tivo2
1 x Tivo3 750GB
1 x TiVo HD 1.2TB
Gerhard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2006, 04:10 PM   #6
Hi-Bred
Altadena, CA

Tivo Card Setup Screens

Here are my setup screens (Charter Cable, Pasadena):

http://www.bridgespublishing.com/tivo/

... and still no premium channels. I still get them on my old HD cable box though, from the same cable line.

BTW, whenever I go the Diagnotics screen under each cable card menu, the screen continually refreshes and seems to go into a buggy loop. If I hit 'Clear', then the Tivo button, then navigate back to the menus it seems to go away.

Last edited by Hi-Bred : 09-23-2006 at 05:58 PM.
Hi-Bred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2006, 05:11 PM   #7
StefanB

I have Charter and am getting the 'Waiting for CP Auth' on both cards. I'm not receiving three channels: TNTHD, UniversalHD, and StarzHD. Whenever I go to those channels I get a screen for that CableCard asking for service authorization.

When one card last night did not show that message I was able to get to all three channels.

I have a service appointment setup for Tuesday and told them to bring some new CableCards.

Stefan
StefanB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2006, 05:35 PM   #8
cotton168

Mine is still showing up at Waiting for CP Auth. Like StefanB, I am getting Charter to bring 4 cards so that the other two would be backups. Let's hope this is going to work. I cannot wait to get the other channels although I can live without for a little while. The weird this is that I cannot get all the premium channels so I don't know what is going on.
cotton168 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2006, 05:36 PM   #9
ThePlungerMan

Thanks you guys very much. I should have added, to please add also if you are getting all your channels etc. as per your message. But you have given the info anyway, thanks again, this might help.
Old 09-24-2006, 01:40 AM   #10
StefanB

It's strange that the three channels I don't have access to are the last 3 HD channels.

Stefan
StefanB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 02:15 AM   #11
ThePlungerMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hi-Bred
BTW, whenever I go the Diagnotics screen under each cable card menu, the screen continually refreshes and seems to go into a buggy loop. If I hit 'Clear', then the Tivo button, then navigate back to the menus it seems to go away.
same 4 me-------thanks for the post
Old 09-24-2006, 07:49 AM   #12
TiVotion
Early Adoptersaurus

Hehe...when I hit "clear" from the diagnostics screen, mine also went into a buggy loop - but I couldn't kill it! Backing up (left) through the menus made it flip out of the menus and back into the diagnostic loop, no matter how many menus I backed up. Only by hitting the TiVo button and going back to TiVo Central could I finally kill the loop. Freaked me out.

TiVo Premiere
TiVo Series 3 HD DVR
TiVo HD DVR
Pioneer DVR-810H
Provider: Verizon FIOS
TiVotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 12:29 AM   #13
ctakim
ctakim

Interesting, I get the same thing! But my two cards say CP Auth Received, but I can't get any of my premium channels.
ctakim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 01:36 AM   #14
ThePlungerMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctakim
Interesting, I get the same thing! But my two cards say CP Auth Received, but I can't get any of my premium channels.
Hi, I started this thread cause wondered with Tivo tech maybe it meant something. I at the time with cards wasn’t having luck. After the 4th visit Charter got it right, But next to
Auth Status: ‘is still’ waiting for CP Auth,
this after it works and getting all the channels. Sorry and good luck.
Old 09-29-2006, 09:47 AM   #15
SCSIRAID

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePlungerMan
Please go to, Tivo Central-------messages and settings---settings---remote, CableCARD, & Devices---CableCARD Decoder-----Configure CableCARD 1( then repeat w/2 after all these clicks)----CableCARD Menu-----CableCARD CP Screen,,,, you will see a screen displayed for the cable provider. In there look for
Auth Status: What do you see, next to it? I have,,,, Waiting for CP Auth. (you would think CP stands for Cable Provider)
My installation hasn’t worked with 3 visits and 6 cards. Supposedly the head end guys are on it and will know more Mon. Of you that are successful and getting ALL your channels what does yours say next to :Auth Status:

Thanks you guys very much. I should have added, to please add also if you are getting all your channels etc. as per your message. But thus far you have given the info anyway, thanks again, this might help.
"Waiting for CP Auth" means that the cablecard is either not 'hearing' the cablecompanys 'EMMs" or that the card pairing information in the EMM has not been configured correctly by the cablecompany.

EMM's are what tells the cablecard what HostID (the Tivo) it is allowed to work with and what channels it is 'entitled' to decode.

Last edited by SCSIRAID : 09-29-2006 at 09:53 AM.
SCSIRAID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 09:51 AM   #16
SCSIRAID

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctakim
"CP Auth Received" means that the cablecard has received an entitlement message with the proper pairing information. That entitlement message also tells the cablecard what channels it is authorized to decode. That information is also programmed by the cablecompany and if you arent getting content that you should, they need to fix your subscritption status.

The cablecard needs the following info sent to it by the cablecompany over the cable.

1) Pairing information
2) "entitlement" or subscription information.

If you dont have #1 you get (for SA cards) "Waiting for CP Auth"
If you have #1 but dont get content.... cableco needs to fix subsctiption info.
Old 09-29-2006, 10:12 PM   #17
ThePlungerMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCSIRAID
"Waiting for CP Auth" means that the cablecard is either not 'hearing' the cablecompanys 'EMMs" or that the card pairing information in the EMM has not been configured correctly by the cablecompany.

EMM's are what tells the cablecard what HostID (the Tivo) it is allowed to work with and what channels it is 'entitled' to decode.
Thanks but what about this?

Hi, I started this thread cause wondered with Tivo tech maybe it meant something. I at the time with cards wasn’t having luck. After the 4th visit Charter got it right, But next to
Old 09-29-2006, 11:21 PM   #18
SCSIRAID

Quote:
Thanks but what about this?

The only way that could be is if your cableco doesnt encrypt its digital and premium stuff.... which I doubt. How did you check to see if it was getting the channels? Did you use the channel test in the cablecard menu? Do you see things like DSC HD, HDNet, ESPNHD? The card doesnt have to be paired properly to get the unencrypted stuff.
Old 09-30-2006, 02:11 AM   #19
ThePlungerMan

Quote:
The only way that could be is if your cableco doesnt encrypt its digital and premium stuff.... which I doubt. How did you check to see if it was getting the channels? Did you use the channel test in the cablecard menu? Do you see things like DSC HD, HDNet, ESPNHD? The card doesnt have to be paired properly to get the unencrypted stuff.
I get the whole ball of wax and it still says "waiting for CP auth. I have premium package.
Old 09-30-2006, 09:19 AM   #20
SCSIRAID

Quote:
I get the whole ball of wax and it still says "waiting for CP auth. I have premium package.
Cool!!! Your premiums must not be encrypted.
Old 09-30-2006, 10:13 AM   #21
guerra6880

Working with TWC in Austin, TX I have found that with a CC with OS Build 2.3.149s2 (0) May 2005, I would end up in the endless "Waiting for CP Auth" but once I went to two cards with 2.3.149.2 Jul 2005, all channels came done and I am now able to get full service on all non-SVD channels
guerra6880 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 01:59 PM   #22
ThePlungerMan

Quote:
Cool!!! Your premiums must not be encrypted.
I don't get them unless they throw the switch at headquarters, does this mean they still arent encrypted?