TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 09-14-2006, 08:11 AM   #1
mchad

Has anyone received order from Tivo.com yet?

I know I haven't and I ordered it on Tuesday, overnight. No credit card charge either... Glad I made that appointment for cablecards tomorrow... If it doesn't show up today, I'll have to cancel and reschedule. Checked Best Buy, and as usual, says in stock in five surrounding stores, yet calls to each show none in stock. That's nice too...
mchad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 08:18 AM   #2
nhaigh

Quote:
Originally Posted by mchad
I know I haven't and I ordered it on Tuesday, overnight. No credit card charge either... Glad I made that appointment for cablecards tomorrow... If it doesn't show up today, I'll have to cancel and reschedule. Checked Best Buy, and as usual, says in stock in five surrounding stores, yet calls to each show none in stock. That's nice too...

All the information we have is that they will start shipping today so you shoudl see it tomorrow if you chose one day shipping.
1 x TiVo S3 HD left
3 TiVo Premiers
Verizon FiOS - No Copy Protection :)
nhaigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 08:22 AM   #3
mchad

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhaigh
All the information we have is that they will start shipping today so you shoudl see it tomorrow if you chose one day shipping.
Ok, then it is a gamble... I have a 2-5pm appointment. Overnight usually comes at noon (unless priority, which I doubt) so I just might make it.

If not, I wonder if I could talk the cable guy into just handing me the cablecards?

Thanks
Old 09-14-2006, 08:31 AM   #4
mchad

Just got off the phone with Tivo. My God, I have never heard someone so good at doubletalk as this guy. For five minutes he went on about how this is a new unit, and how it went on sale at 9am on tuesday and BAM, they got hit with orders like wildfire. I finally had to interrupt him and asked "please sir, just the facts, when will it ship, will a tracking number be available and if so, when" After being on hold, he comes back with another mouthful of mindless blather which amounts to "If it ships today before 2pm then you will have it tomorrow, if not, then you will have it on Monday."

Ugh.
Old 09-14-2006, 08:33 AM   #5
nhaigh

Quote:
"If it ships today before 2pm then you will have it tomorrow, if not, then you will have it on Monday."

Ugh.

I'm seriously considering refusing it if it arrives after tomorrow and getting one Saturday morning from BB or CC.
1 x TiVo S3 HD left
3 TiVo Premiers
Verizon FiOS - No Copy Protection :)
nhaigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 08:35 AM   #6
cap

Tomorrow will be a VERY interesting day for a lot of people.
TCD649080 Series 2 (Monthly 7/2006)
DVR-810H Series 2 (Lifetime 1/2004)
cap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 08:36 AM   #7
mchad

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhaigh
I'm seriously considering refusing it if it arrives after tomorrow and getting one Saturday morning from BB or CC.

Be careful, because as I said before, no bestbuy within driving distance (of me) has one in stock, even though it says they do on their website... Call and confirm first! (and then pick me up one...;-)
Old 09-14-2006, 08:38 AM   #8
jgsx

I called and asked for my tracking info yesterday. The guy had obviously had this coversation several times. He told me with a firm tone that it said it wouldn't ship until 9/14 RIGHT ON the order form, so I knew that when I ordered.

I'm disputing the overnight charge on my credit card. Even if I don't win, it's still my way of saying F U to tivo.com and hopefully it wastes some of their time.
jgsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 08:40 AM   #9
ah30k

Quote:
"If it ships today before 2pm then you will have it tomorrow, if not, then you will have it on Monday."
WHAT????

What the f^% is this "If it ships today" business
ah30k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 09:08 AM   #10
mchad

I just ordered it from Circuit City, was assured it would ship today, overnight delivery. Now I'm on the phone with tivo cancelling...
Old 09-14-2006, 09:45 AM   #11
MikePeekskill

I called Tivo as well this morning -- she said they were "all shipping today" (Sept. 14). It's ridiculous that Tivo wouldn't 1) put a blurb on the website about being overwhelmed and shipping is delayed, etc.) or 2) sending an email to all those who ordered right away and apologizing for the delay. And how does a company like Tivo get overwhelmed so quickly? They must have known that many die-hard Tivo users (like myself) would shell out the $800 (sadly) the first day. Weren't they prepared for the onslaught?

Sorry, just venting. I don't mind being told it's delayed -- but I really mind being left in the dark by the vendor for such an expensive item.

Michael
MikePeekskill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 09:49 AM   #12
bdraw

Not yet, but have one on order at BB just in case.
bdraw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 09:50 AM   #13
cap

Where did you read it was delayed?
I assume you mean shipping.
TCD649080 Series 2 (Monthly 7/2006)
DVR-810H Series 2 (Lifetime 1/2004)
cap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 10:01 AM   #14
ehardman

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgsx
I called and asked for my tracking info yesterday. The guy had obviously had this coversation several times. He told me with a firm tone that it said it wouldn't ship until 9/14 RIGHT ON the order form, so I knew that when I ordered.

I'm disputing the overnight charge on my credit card. Even if I don't win, it's still my way of saying F U to tivo.com and hopefully it wastes some of their time.
I think you forgot to take your medication.
ehardman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 10:08 AM   #15
robbins
No Stalkers Please

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikePeekskill
I called Tivo as well this morning -- she said they were "all shipping today" (Sept. 14). It's ridiculous that Tivo wouldn't 1) put a blurb on the website about being overwhelmed and shipping is delayed, etc.) or 2) sending an email to all those who ordered right away and apologizing for the delay. And how does a company like Tivo get overwhelmed so quickly? They must have known that many die-hard Tivo users (like myself) would shell out the $800 (sadly) the first day. Weren't they prepared for the onslaught?

Sorry, just venting. I don't mind being told it's delayed -- but I really mind being left in the dark by the vendor for such an expensive item.

Michael
But it wasn't delayed and they have NOT left you in the dark. If the order form said it ships today it sounds like that is still the plan. With you guys calling and bugging them so much maybe they won't get them all shipped now!
robbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 10:26 AM   #16
cotton168

For those that called BB and got nothing, I would say to go to that store. I went to one that showed inventory online and the guy was trying to find the SKU number. It took a while, but he was able to find the 2 sets high above a corner. I picked up one and the BB I went to was the City of Industry, CA one. ZIP is 91745.

Tried to cancel with Tivo for the one I ordered from them thanks to their long a$$$ ship date, but was given a credit of $40 for the overnight and then told to return the product when it arrives. Now pondering whether or not I should refuse shipment or not and whether or not I would be charged with the shipping back to Tivo after refusing the shipment.
cotton168 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 10:30 AM   #17
mchad

Quote:
Originally Posted by cotton168
Tried to cancel with Tivo for the one I ordered from them thanks to their long a$$$ ship date, but was given a credit of $40 for the overnight and then told to return the product when it arrives. Now pondering whether or not I should refuse shipment or not and whether or not I would be charged with the shipping back to Tivo after refusing the shipment.

Thats strange. When I called them this morning to cancel, the rep said "I don't know if I can.. Hold please." then he came back on in a minute and said "your order was cancelled"

I wonder if I will get two...
Old 09-14-2006, 10:30 AM   #18
rainwater

Quote:
Originally Posted by cotton168
What would you refuse shipment for? TiVo sent the item when they said they would.
rainwater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 10:42 AM   #19
etsolow
Don't Try

TC CLUB MEMBER
The TiVo rep I just spoke to said that S3 orders would "start" shipping today for people who ordered them "about four days ago" and that unless I was one of the very earliest orders, there was no guarantee that mine would go out today.

She offered to email the tracking number tomorrow morning, and took my name and email address (as if they didn't already have that information).

E
etsolow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 10:47 AM   #20
Chad_STP

Quote:
Originally Posted by etsolow
The TiVo rep I just spoke to said that S3 orders would "start" shipping today for people who ordered them "about four days ago" and that unless I was one of the very earliest orders, there was no guarantee that mine would go out today.

E
Counting today, four days ago = Monday. Were we even able to order the S3 on Monday?
Chad_STP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 10:50 AM   #21
etsolow
Don't Try

TC CLUB MEMBER
No!
Old 09-14-2006, 11:06 AM   #22
angel35

Question Monday Or Tueday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad_STP
Counting today, four days ago = Monday. Were we even able to order the S3 on Monday?
No Tue was the day it came on line to order. I ordered on tueday as far as I know that was the first day you could order. Is this right??? Nothing from tivo so far

DT-649

DT- 649 -180

HD S3 -648

Tivo-HD -652
angel35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 11:09 AM   #23
etsolow
Don't Try

TC CLUB MEMBER
Yes.
Old 09-14-2006, 11:13 AM   #24
nyjklein
J-E-T-S JetsJetsJets

Angry

Quote:

She offered to email the tracking number tomorrow morning, and took my name and email address (as if they didn't already have that information).

E
Pony or Jerry, a little help here.

This is getting ridiculous
nyjklein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 11:19 AM   #25
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

I know I'll be shot for this (especially since I already have my S3), but it's interesting about all the complaining here regarding shipping "delays", "broken promises", etc. For crying out loud, most of us have been waiting for the S3 for upwards of two years. What's a few more days?

XL4
Bierboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 11:20 AM   #26
etsolow
Don't Try

TC CLUB MEMBER
Go play with your S3 and leave us alone!
Old 09-14-2006, 11:22 AM   #27
boomvader

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyjklein
Pony or Jerry, a little help here.

This is getting ridiculous
Absolutely! We know you are reading the forums. To choose NOT to communicate is still communicating. (sounds like a Rush song!) In this case, it is creating frustration to your core audience! We are the people who will recommend or NOT recommend this product to our family and friends! We are the ones who have been reading up on the product for the last year.

It's now been a full 48 hours since I ordered mine with 1-day shipping. I have made 2 calls to Tivo to no avail. No notification E-mail.

I have gambled to have COX come to the house tomorrow afternoon with 2 cable cards. My fault if the Tivo doesn't arrive in time... I know.

-boom
boomvader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 11:30 AM   #28
ah30k

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bierboy
I know I'll be shot for this (especially since I already have my S3), but it's interesting about all the complaining here regarding shipping "delays", "broken promises", etc. For crying out loud, most of us have been waiting for the S3 for upwards of two years. What's a few more days?
Having to reschedule a CableCARD visit!

BTW I don't think people are complaining about broken promised per se but missed expectations.
ah30k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 11:31 AM   #29
atl Tivo

I'm still waiting. No hurry for me. Comcast told me the first appointment available to get Cable Cards is Oct 10th. At first they were going to charge me $29.99 for each card. Basically 60 dollars to push a card into the back of a machine. I got them down to 29.99. I still think it is rediculious that they just don't mail me the cable cards.
Old 09-14-2006, 11:35 AM   #30
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

Quote:
Go play with your S3 and leave us alone!
Can I, please? Right now?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ah30k
Having to reschedule a CableCARD visit!

BTW I don't think people are complaining about broken promised per se but missed expectations.
Good point...since I'm not using CCs, I hadn't thought about that.

XL4
Bierboy is offline   Reply With Quote