Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 442. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Jump

Old 09-13-2006, 10:30 PM   #181
davenjim

Installed fine on my my two DSR708s.
davenjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 03:34 AM   #182
gamo62

This is the error I get when I try to log in.

Unit disconnected!
Your Tivo unit appears to be disconnected right now. Try again later.

TWP works fine. And my tivo IP is forwarded on port 80. Thanks.

Edit:

I tried reinstalling, and when I started the server, I got this error.

[1] 5317

Any suggestions?
gamo62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 09:16 AM   #183
svfowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by tivoupgrade
I've changed one of the timeout parameters; see if that makes a difference. More importantly, please let me know if it breaks anything else.
This seems to have fixed the timeout issue i was having.

Thanks...
svfowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 05:30 PM   #184
SeanC
ECT

mmmmm couldn't access the Tivo from work today. After checking when I got home the gotomydvr process wasn't running, so I started it from bash and it's working fine now.

I believe it was working for about a week continously until the process died sometime in the last 24 hours.
SeanC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 09:33 AM   #185
PowerfulOne

2 units work, 2 don't

I installed this last night on my 4 SD-DVR40s. Two work and two don't.

The two that work were zippered (recently) and are running Tivo 6.2.

The two that don't are older units, running the PTVUpgrade-hacked disk, Tivo 3.1.1e. They do run at first when started, but after a short while show disconnected. Running ps -aux reveals that the client is not running. When restarted it runs for a short while and then quits. It seems to run until I quit telnet.

All are connected thru DSL with USB network adapter. The working units use static IPs and the non-working use dynamic IPs.
PowerfulOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 09:44 AM   #186
tivoupgrade
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerfulOne

The two that don't are older units, running the PTVUpgrade-hacked disk, Tivo 3.1.1e. They do run at first when started, but after a short while show disconnected. Running ps -aux reveals that the client is not running. When restarted it runs for a short while and then quits. It seems to run until I quit telnet.

All are connected thru DSL with USB network adapter. The working units use static IPs and the non-working use dynamic IPs.
Hmmm. Well, we haven't tested the client on 3.1.1e - that could be the problem there. Might want to reboot the 3.1.1e units to see if that helps.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

tivoupgrade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 09:46 AM   #187
tivoupgrade
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanC
mmmmm couldn't access the Tivo from work today. After checking when I got home the gotomydvr process wasn't running, so I started it from bash and it's working fine now.

I believe it was working for about a week continously until the process died sometime in the last 24 hours.
Good info. Its really odd that the process would just up and die like that; especially so rarely. I'm starting to suspect an OS issue and I'm wondering if it would make sense to have a separate wrapper/watcher than governs the viability of the process. Seems like that would make more sense in a rare situation like this than looking at the actual code...

Old 09-15-2006, 09:59 AM   #188
SeanC
ECT

Quote:
Good info. Its really odd that the process would just up and die like that; especially so rarely. I'm starting to suspect an OS issue and I'm wondering if it would make sense to have a separate wrapper/watcher than governs the viability of the process. Seems like that would make more sense in a rare situation like this than looking at the actual code...
Actually, no, it wasn't. Ignore my previous post. As I thought about it I thoght it weird that the process just "died" as well. I just checked my author file and the startup script was missing. So all that had happened was my Tivo had rebooted.

Just wanted to set that straight.
SeanC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 10:05 AM   #189
tivoupgrade
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanC
Actually, no, it wasn't. Ignore my previous post. As I thought about it I thoght it weird that the process just "died" as well. I just checked my author file and the startup script was missing. So all that had happened was my Tivo had rebooted.

Just wanted to set that straight.
This is good, this is good!

Thx

Old 09-15-2006, 05:43 PM   #190
slydog75
Not all that sly

When I run the command to get the installer (http_get -T 0 -C 0 -D /var/tmp -U http://68.178.174.173:80/b_install.sh) I get the error "Bad HTTP response: HTTP/1.0 400 Bad Request" . I can ping the IP listed from the tivo. What's the problem here?

Update: I tried to download the install file to my pc and I FTPd it over (yes in binary) and tried to run it. However it doesn't seem to be installing anything. Judging from the commands running it should create a gotomypc directory in the root and it's not.

"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you can never know if they are genuine." - Mark Twain

Last edited by slydog75 : 09-15-2006 at 05:58 PM.
slydog75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 06:28 PM   #191
slydog75
Not all that sly

Ok, got it to run, but I still get the same error when it tries to update itself.. 'bad http response: HTTP/1.0 400 Bad Request" I noticed if I remove the port from the IP I get a different error "error reading http header, reason = Connection reset by peer"

"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you can never know if they are genuine." - Mark Twain
Old 09-15-2006, 08:05 PM   #192
HUGE2U

I must be missing something. When I click on "Select Tivo" - IE asks for a username and password. I put in my email and password form the site but it does not work. What have I screwed up? Same thing on 2 boxes.

HUGE

Last edited by HUGE2U : 09-16-2006 at 01:18 AM.
HUGE2U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 09:12 AM   #193
Francesco
Summum Pontificem

Location: Maricopa County Maximum Security Correctional Facility For Men, State Farm Road Number 31, Tempe, Arizona
What version of TiVoWeb did you install? If it's 1.2.2 or later of TWP, enter the same info you do when you're doing it locally.
Old 09-16-2006, 05:13 PM   #194
HUGE2U

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francesco
What version of TiVoWeb did you install? If it's 1.2.2 or later of TWP, enter the same info you do when you're doing it locally.

It is 1.2.2 and 1.2.3, but I do not use a user/pass locally (that I am aware of). Is there a default?

HUGE
Old 09-16-2006, 05:23 PM   #195
SteelersFan
"On Welfare"

Quote:
Originally Posted by HUGE2U
It is 1.2.2 and 1.2.3, but I do not use a user/pass locally (that I am aware of). Is there a default?

HUGE
Look in tivowebplus/tivoweb.cfg
HR21-700, HR21-100
SteelersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 07:12 PM   #196
HUGE2U

That was it. The default user for tivowebplus 1.2.3 is "oztivo".

HUGE
Old 09-17-2006, 07:11 PM   #197
aaronwt
HD Addict

Thsi is great to be able to remotely schedule recordings. I'm using it with both my SD DirecTiVos and have scheduled several programs remotely to record. I just wish I could enable all this on my HDTiVos.
39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
aaronwt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 10:18 PM   #198
Fofer
༺♥༻

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt
Thsi is great to be able to remotely schedule recordings. I'm using it with both my SD DirecTiVos and have scheduled several programs remotely to record. I just wish I could enable all this on my HDTiVos.

Why can't you? Doesn't TiVoWeb work on HDTiVo's?
Fofer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 07:29 PM   #199
tivoupgrade
Sponsor

TiVoWeb/TiVoWebPlus works fine on the HR10-250; not sure what aaron was talking about there...

Old 09-18-2006, 09:01 PM   #200
slydog75
Not all that sly

Any idea on my 'bad http request' problem tivoupgrade? I should note that wget works fine with rbauchs enhancements script.

Old 09-18-2006, 10:02 PM   #201
tivoupgrade
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by slydog75
Any idea on my 'bad http request' problem tivoupgrade? I should note that wget works fine with rbauchs enhancements script.
I don't think its a problem on the server side or it would be happening to more than one person. My guess is that something is not right with your networking configuration or something (personal firewall, perhaps?) is blocking the connection somewhere...

... also you never mentioned what type of TiVo you have or how you've networked it...

Old 09-18-2006, 10:37 PM   #202
aaronwt
HD Addict

Quote:
TiVoWeb/TiVoWebPlus works fine on the HR10-250; not sure what aaron was talking about there...
How do I get it to work with 6.3? It worked when I had 3.1 and network access but I don't have network access anymore with 6.3.
39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
aaronwt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 11:04 PM   #203
slydog75
Not all that sly

Quote:
I don't think its a problem on the server side or it would be happening to more than one person. My guess is that something is not right with your networking configuration or something (personal firewall, perhaps?) is blocking the connection somewhere...

... also you never mentioned what type of TiVo you have or how you've networked it...
Sorry, this is on a SD DTivo, wired with a FA120. I'm not running any firewalls period. I'm guessing the problem is my stupid direcway (now Hughes) satellite modem. Certain things just don't work. I can never transfer files using MSN Messenger or establish a remote desktop connection from outside my network into it or vice versa. This is the whole reason I was excited about this program as the stupid satellite modem doesn't allow me to do port forwarding so I can't even get in the old fashioned way. Oh well... This is what I get for living in the boonies!

Old 09-18-2006, 11:29 PM   #204
tivoupgrade
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by slydog75
Sorry, this is on a SD DTivo, wired with a FA120. I'm not running any firewalls period. I'm guessing the problem is my stupid direcway (now Hughes) satellite modem. Certain things just don't work. I can never transfer files using MSN Messenger or establish a remote desktop connection from outside my network into it or vice versa. This is the whole reason I was excited about this program as the stupid satellite modem doesn't allow me to do port forwarding so I can't even get in the old fashioned way. Oh well... This is what I get for living in the boonies!
That is interesting. I don't know anything about the Direcway system, but if they are limiting traffic to just certain ports, then that would make sense. The gotomydvr architecture sets up communications between your TiVo and our server on a unique port once it establishes communication - if your modem is blocking any outgoing connections, that would explain it - and your MSN / remote desktop issues do make it sound that way. Sorry!

Old 09-19-2006, 01:35 PM   #205
tivoupgrade
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt
How do I get it to work with 6.3? It worked when I had 3.1 and network access but I don't have network access anymore with 6.3.
FYI, we've just confirmed that the client is not working on 6.3 either; seems to be the same issue we ran into with 7.2 / 7.3 on the standalone series2 unit. We are looking into having the client rebuild so that it will work as it should...

Old 09-19-2006, 05:34 PM   #206
PowerfulOne

Quote:
Quote:

Hmmm. Well, we haven't tested the client on 3.1.1e - that could be the problem there. Might want to reboot the 3.1.1e units to see if that helps.
09-15-2006 07:33 AM
I tried rebooting the two units running 3.1.1e over the weekend. They ran OK for a while. An hour later, when I tried, they both showed disconnected. But, this time ps -aux showed that the clients were running!

Yesterday, without me doing anything, the two units running 3.1.1e worked OK, and the other two (running 6.2) showed disconnected. When checked with ps -aux, the clients were not running. I just now restarted the clients, and at the moment all four are working. We'll see how long this lasts!
Old 09-19-2006, 05:45 PM   #207
slydog75
Not all that sly

Quote:
FYI, we've just confirmed that the client is not working on 6.3 either; seems to be the same issue we ran into with 7.2 / 7.3 on the standalone series2 unit. We are looking into having the client rebuild so that it will work as it should...
can you do that using w_get instead of http?

Old 09-19-2006, 08:16 PM   #208
PowerfulOne

Quote:
I tried rebooting the two units running 3.1.1e over the weekend. They ran OK for a while. An hour later, when I tried, they both showed disconnected. But, this time ps -aux showed that the clients were running!

Yesterday, without me doing anything, the two units running 3.1.1e worked OK, and the other two (running 6.2) showed disconnected. When checked with ps -aux, the clients were not running. I just now restarted the clients, and at the moment all four are working. We'll see how long this lasts!
Well, an hour after I last wrote, none of my 4 units work, and all of them show that the client is running.
Old 09-19-2006, 09:47 PM   #209
tivoupgrade
Sponsor

Quote:
Well, an hour after I last wrote, none of my 4 units work, and all of them show that the client is running.
Tell me more about your internet connection (what ISP do you use, what type of router; anything 'exotic' involved?)

Old 09-20-2006, 09:11 AM   #210
PowerfulOne

Quote:
Tell me more about your internet connection (what ISP do you use, what type of router; anything 'exotic' involved?)
My internet connection is DSL from QWest, with ISP thru avvanta.com. Connecting with the QWest-supplied DSL modem/router ActionTec GT701-WG. The Tivos are connected with a wired internet connection with a standard ethernet switch and Netgear FA120 USB/Ethernet adapters. Two of the Tivos (the ones running 3.1.1e) use DHCP-generated IPs, the other two (the ones running 6.2) use hard-coded IPs.

Anything else you'd like to know?

And, by the way, all four of my Tivos are working (i.e., accessible thru GotoMyDVR) at the moment. I did nothing to them since last night when they weren't working (showed disconnected).