Go Back   TiVo Community > Underground Playground > TiVo Underground
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 09-06-2006, 11:32 PM   #1651
willardcpa
QUASI-OMNISCIENT

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbautch
I did, and have no idea how to do it. I was going to investigate, but got sidetracked.
HFC, the dude that I am trusting the software of five DTivos with suffers from ADD.
willardcpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 11:38 PM   #1652
SteelersFan
"On Welfare"

Quote:
Originally Posted by starbiker99
I just installed the new version of the enhanced script and all seems work well in it. I just can't find the grouping features that were spoke abot in the above post. Maybe it's just too late to be fiddeling with it.
I haven't quite figured it out yet but if you go into the Now Showing List and pick a program then click Edit, there are a couple of fields at the bottom that look like the grouping function.
HR21-700, HR21-100
SteelersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 11:46 PM   #1653
willardcpa
QUASI-OMNISCIENT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fofer
Where might one find this TWP version and lgkhan’s user interface module for "normal" download? I'd like to check it out manually and read more about it before running this script. Thanks, rbautch, for keeping up the great work!
I'd be interested in this information too. I think that I'd just like to FTP it over and put some of the modifications that I have made to TWP on this version before I rebooted the box. Like tivoweb.cfg for port forwarding, and httpd-tt.itcl for naming the boxes (or does this version of TWP do that somehow), and enter my static IPs in Net Config before my router has a chance to give it a dynamic IP.
Or maybe I just like doing things the hard way.
Old 09-06-2006, 11:55 PM   #1654
starbiker99
1 Tivo 2 Tivo 3 Tivo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersFan
I haven't quite figured it out yet but if you go into the Now Showing List and pick a program then click Edit, there are a couple of fields at the bottom that look like the grouping function.
Yep your right I got 3 of my various shows grouped in a folder now. It took a couple times but it seems to work.

1 Philips DSR708 (278hrs)320GB
1 Samsung S4080R (Stock)80GB
1 Samsung S4080R (260hrs)300GB
1 Philips DSR704 (103hrs)120GB
All 'UNLEASHED'
starbiker99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 12:01 AM   #1655
willardcpa
QUASI-OMNISCIENT

Quote:
Originally Posted by starbiker99
Yep your right I got 3 of my various shows grouped in a folder now. It took a couple times but it seems to work.
GREAT! Now all you gotta do is figure out what to call a folder that contains "Hunting with Hank", "Callgirl Housewives", and "Teletubbies".
Old 09-07-2006, 12:37 AM   #1656
msommer
Card's Fan

I just completed updating my zippered DTIVO's with the new script. Everything works great, but after checking the logs it doesn't seem like the USB 2.0 drivers are loading. During the install, the script responded that wireless parameters were found so it skipped the backport driver install. Has anyone else seen this?
Old 09-07-2006, 02:37 AM   #1657
Idearat

I should have left well enough alone.

Zippered over the weekend, had it all running. Tonight I foolishly thought I'd do the uninstall / re-install to get the updated script and features

First time it downloaded the new script fine & ran fine, but on reboot my DTivo stuck at 8% sat download. An hour and two reboots later it came back up. But no access via the network. I could get a bash via serial port ok. Silly me, I ran the uninstall/re-install again. You don't ever want to do that if you have connection issues. The original script that got you connected is gone, but now it will only procede if it can connect.

I rezippered to restore the original script, re-installed and ran it, worked fine again.

Thinking the stuck downloading and extra reboots were my problem, after it was all working fine I thought I'd try for the new script again. Same thing. It seems to hose either my USB or network settings so I can't reconnect after the reboot. No stuck startup this time, but can't telnet, ping or http into it.

I'm using the AirLink ASOHOUSB adapter.

I need to learn why connectivity gets hosed when I run the downloaded script and how to fix it without breaking open the box yet again to zipper.
Idearat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 12:09 PM   #1658
rbautch
User

Quote:
Where might one find this TWP version and lgkhan’s user interface module for "normal" download? I'd like to check it out manually and read more about it before running this script. Thanks, rbautch, for keeping up the great work!
TCF and DDB user John1980 has picked up the TWP torch, and is currently hosting the lastest version on his website here until he can get access to the official Sourceforge site. It is discussed in the TWP development thread on DDB starting at post 113. The linked website above also has a link to lgkahn's ui.itcl module.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
or
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

rbautch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 12:16 PM   #1659
rbautch
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by msommer
I just completed updating my zippered DTIVO's with the new script. Everything works great, but after checking the logs it doesn't seem like the USB 2.0 drivers are loading. During the install, the script responded that wireless parameters were found so it skipped the backport driver install. Has anyone else seen this?
After some wireless users reported problems connecting after installing the backport drivers, I decided to skip the driver install for wireless users. Most tivo-compatible wireless adapters are only USB 1.0 capable anyway. What adapter do you have, and did it work previously with the backported drivers?

or

Old 09-07-2006, 12:24 PM   #1660
rbautch
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idearat
I should have left well enough alone.

Zippered over the weekend, had it all running. Tonight I foolishly thought I'd do the uninstall / re-install to get the updated script and features

First time it downloaded the new script fine & ran fine, but on reboot my DTivo stuck at 8% sat download. An hour and two reboots later it came back up. But no access via the network. I could get a bash via serial port ok. Silly me, I ran the uninstall/re-install again. You don't ever want to do that if you have connection issues. The original script that got you connected is gone, but now it will only procede if it can connect.

I rezippered to restore the original script, re-installed and ran it, worked fine again.

Thinking the stuck downloading and extra reboots were my problem, after it was all working fine I thought I'd try for the new script again. Same thing. It seems to hose either my USB or network settings so I can't reconnect after the reboot. No stuck startup this time, but can't telnet, ping or http into it.

I'm using the AirLink ASOHOUSB adapter.

I need to learn why connectivity gets hosed when I run the downloaded script and how to fix it without breaking open the box yet again to zipper.
Connect with your serial cable and check the /etc/hotplug/usb.map file to make sure it got appended with the entry for your adapter. I also have some ASOHOUSB adapters and I'll do some more testing.

or

Old 09-07-2006, 12:49 PM   #1661
msommer
Card's Fan

I actually am using the FA120 with a wireless bridge. I left the wireless settings configured just in case I ever needed them.

It worked great until the latest upgrade. My throughput values ranged from 9-14. Now they are 4-6.

EDIT:

Everything is great again!! I removed the wireless settings and then re ran the script.

Now if I can just figure out the new folder creation module.... a bit confusing. Episode names keep changing to the group name I create.

Last edited by msommer : 09-07-2006 at 04:33 PM.
msommer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 05:22 PM   #1662
rbautch
User

Quote:
Now if I can just figure out the new folder creation module.... a bit confusing. Episode names keep changing to the group name I create.
Start reading here on DDB: /forum/showthread.php?p=252507#post252507

or

Old 09-07-2006, 06:59 PM   #1663
bman12

I did the uninstall/reinstall on two DTIVOs without a hitch.....I thought. I just noticed that when I click on either todo or suggestions in the tivowebplus user interface I get an internal error message on both TIVOs.
INTERNAL SERVER ERROR
--cut here--
action_ui '/todo' ''
invalid command name "desc_show"
while executing
"desc_show $hovertext"
("uplevel" body line 139)
invoked from within
"uplevel $body"
invoked from within
"ForeachMfsFileTrans fsid name type $path $prefix 15 {
set rec [db $db openid $fsid]
set manual 0
set suggestion 0
if {$::version >= 3}..."
(procedure "action_todo" line 121)
invoked from within
"action_todo $chan 7 $env"
(procedure "::action_ui" line 28)
invoked from within
"::action_$action $chan $part $env"
("eval" body line 1)
invoked from within
"eval {::action_$action $chan $part $env}"
--cut here--

The only thing I didn't do is shut all tivowebplus running items down before uninstall reinstall. Could that be it? Anyone else have this problem?
bman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 01:34 AM   #1664
eagreer
eagreer

I get the same internal error for the TODO request.
I've run Zipper on three different DTivos and really like the results. Great tool...
eagreer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 10:30 AM   #1665
msommer
Card's Fan

I am getting the same errors in the three I upgraded as well.

--cut here--
action_ui '/todo' ''
while executing
"desc_show $hovertext"
invoked from within
"uplevel $body"
invoked from within
set manual 0
set suggestion 0
invoked from within
invoked from within
("eval" body line 1)
invoked from within
--cut here--
Old 09-08-2006, 10:43 AM   #1666
rbautch
User

Me too. I'll have lgkahn take a look. If you don't care about manipulating folders in the NPL, you can use the original ui.itcl in the stock 1.3.0 distribution of TWP.

or

Last edited by rbautch : 09-08-2006 at 07:10 PM.
Old 09-08-2006, 10:48 AM   #1667
SteelersFan
"On Welfare"

Quote:
I am getting the same errors in the three I upgraded as well.

--cut here--
action_ui '/todo' ''
while executing
"desc_show $hovertext"
invoked from within
"uplevel $body"
invoked from within
set manual 0
set suggestion 0
invoked from within
invoked from within
("eval" body line 1)
invoked from within
--cut here--
+1
I have tried rebooting the box, no go. I have tried a Restart->Quit (from TWP), then the twp command from bash, no go there either.
Here are some telnet session captures:
Code:
Fam Rm-TiVo# Warning: An http server is already running
/tivowebplus/tivoweb: /tivowebplus/.dist/BlockFailure: Read-only file system
TivoWebPlus - vFam Rm (1.3.0 (oztivo-060821))
The program comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY.
This program is licensed under the GPL.
See the 'docs/copyright' and 'docs/index.html' files
for copyright and credit information.
PoolSize=3244032
couldn't open socket: address already in use
    while executing
"socket -server ::session $http_port"
    (file "/tivowebplus/httpd-tt.tcl" line 919)
Code:
Fam Rm-TiVo# cd /tivowebplus/modules
Fam Rm-TiVo# rw
mounting read write
Fam Rm-TiVo# twp
starting Tivowebplus
Fam Rm-TiVo# TivoWebPlus - vFam Rm (1.3.0 (oztivo-060821))
The program comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY.
This program is licensed under the GPL.
See the 'docs/copyright' and 'docs/index.html' files
for copyright and credit information.
PoolSize=3244032
Loading modules...
ChannelMap
backup
channelgrid
channelprefs
confresManual
debug
extract
favicon
gallery
gdchecker
hackman
--hackman Version 4.2.1--
-No problem running mips find -- mips version of find selected.
-No problem running mips sendkey -- mips sendkey selected.
-Root directory mounted read-write
-Friday, September 08, 2006, 08:35 AM, local time
higuide
index
-initializing logo index
-initializing channel table
--caching 816 channels for source of type=6 (DirecTV)
-initializing genre table
-initializing now showing cache
-initializing season pass cache
info
lj_utils
logos
logs
mail
manrec
merge
mfsbrowser
mrv
netconfig
phone
resources
Loaded 0 resource definitions
rss
sched
screen
search
sysadmin
theme
ui
update
webremote
whatson
wishlists
xlist
xplusz
{more}
Accepting Connections
EDIT: Russ answered while I was typing this.
HR21-700, HR21-100
Old 09-08-2006, 10:49 AM   #1668
Fofer
༺♥༻

TC CLUB MEMBER
How exactly do you go about manipulating folders in the NPL with the new ui.itcl module, anyway? By Editing a show and using that new "Grouping" field? (That's the only thing that seemed to make sense.) I ask because I tried, and it looked like it renamed the recording, too.
Fofer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 10:55 AM   #1669
SteelersFan
"On Welfare"

Quote:
How exactly do you go about manipulating folders in the NPL with the new ui.itcl module, anyway? By Editing a show and using that new "Grouping" field? (That's the only thing that seemed to make sense.) I ask because I tried, and it looked like it renamed the recording, too.
Look up^. See posts 1652 and 1658. I haven't had any luck with this function. I now have 2 shows in a different folder and can't get them out or into their own folder.
HR21-700, HR21-100
Old 09-08-2006, 01:16 PM   #1670
msommer
Card's Fan

Had the same problem with the groups. I finally got it to work by doing the following:

Pick a show and create a folder name, then you select that same show from the drop down list. When you are done you will have a show in the NPL that displays the name of the newly created group. Next, select another show you want to put in your newly created group, and in the drop down box, select the first show that was previously renamed to your group. After this you should have two shows in the new folder. NOW you have to select each show in the new group and rename the title.

There are instructions that say to pick a show that already resides in a group, and add your show to it. When you do this, the title changes in the NPL and in the now showing list in TWP. Then just rename the shows.

Sound confusing???? It is, but after about an hour I got the hang of it. You just have to accept the fact that you will be going in and renaming shows in the now showing list in TWP.
Old 09-08-2006, 05:36 PM   #1671
chris22
Snowboard Dude

What does Tweak do for TivoServer? (not desktop).

I cant seem to make it transfer anything but .ty from this tivo on1y.
-Chris
chris22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 06:50 PM   #1672
SteelersFan
"On Welfare"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bman12
I did the uninstall/reinstall on two DTIVOs without a hitch.....I thought. I just noticed that when I click on either todo or suggestions in the tivowebplus user interface I get an internal error message on both TIVOs.
INTERNAL SERVER ERROR
--cut here--
action_ui '/todo' ''
while executing
"desc_show $hovertext"
invoked from within
"uplevel $body"
invoked from within
set manual 0
set suggestion 0
invoked from within
invoked from within
("eval" body line 1)
invoked from within
--cut here--

The only thing I didn't do is shut all tivowebplus running items down before uninstall reinstall. Could that be it? Anyone else have this problem?
Hey Russ,
I'm getting almost the same issue with UserInterface->Scheduled Suggestions:
Code:
INTERNAL SERVER ERROR
--cut here--
action_ui '/pending' ''
    while executing
"desc_show $hovertext"
    invoked from within
"uplevel $body"
    invoked from within
    set manual 0
    set suggestion 0
    invoked from within
"action_todo $chan 2 $env"
    (procedure "::action_ui" line 39)
    invoked from within
    ("eval" body line 1)
    invoked from within
--cut here--
It's probably obvious that these issues would be related to the gurus but I thought I would pass the info along anyway.
HR21-700, HR21-100
Old 09-08-2006, 06:55 PM   #1673
SteelersFan
"On Welfare"

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris22
What does Tweak do for TivoServer? (not desktop).

I cant seem to make it transfer anything but .ty from this tivo on1y.
-Chris
Answered here. (Double post.)
HR21-700, HR21-100
Old 09-08-2006, 09:38 PM   #1674
chris22
Snowboard Dude

Big Grin

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersFan
Answered here. (Double post.)
I was wondering where I posted :-P, I 1ost my o1d post.
chris22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 02:58 AM   #1675
Skippy

Lost Telnet and FTP Access

Several weeks back, I had to restore a disk image and do the Zipper/Script process due to a failed harddrive. After that, I installed BufferHack 4.1, mfs_ftp and hackman. Things were great for several weeks and then I lost telnet and ftp access. I'm not sure why.

I recovered by removing the drive and rezippering/rescripting. This time, I've disabled hackman. Was hackman the culprit?

I'd really like to get hackman configured "correctly" if this was the cause of my problem.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

-- Skip
Skippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 06:01 AM   #1676
PortlandPaw
Woodstock-era Hacker

hackman was the culprit only if you ignored all the warnings and used it to set up your rc.sysinit.author file without preserving your original settings. hackman completely re-writes this file from scratch, and if you aren't careful, it will wipe out critical startup commands. The readme includes details on how to avoid this as well as how to set up your TiVo to minimize chances of blowouts due to TiVo clearing the /var directory, updates, etc.

Chebeague Island, Maine
There are 10 kinds of people, those who count in binary and those who don't.
PortlandPaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 11:04 AM   #1677
Skippy

2nd DTivo - No LS

So now on to my 2nd DTivo...

Again, this unit was zippered/tweaked and all was well. Then I lost telnet and ftp (probably due to a hackman config error). This AM, I pulled the drive, rezippered it and replaced it. Upon first boot, I uninstalled the tweaks so I could reinstall the latest tweaks. When I tried to get a directory listing (ls), it gave me the help screen for something called UnZip 5.50 by Info-ZIP. Not sure what happened here. How do I recover ls?

My current path is: ./:.:/utils:/bin:/sbin:/tvbin:/tivobin:/busybox

If I try to run the tweaks, it fails with:
LR-TiVo# sh tweak.sh
Downloading latest Enhancement script...
UnZip 5.50 of 17 February 2002, by Info-ZIP. Maintained by C. Spieler. Send
bug reports to the authors at Zip-Bugs@lists.wku.edu; see README for details.

Usage: unzip [-Z] [-opts[modifiers]] file[.zip][list]
[-x xlist] [-d exdir]
Default action is to extract files in list, except those in xlist, to exdir;
file[.zip] may be a wildcard. -Z => ZipInfo mode ("unzip -Z" for usage).

-p extract files to pipe, no messages -l list files (short format)
-f freshen existing files, create none -t test compressed archive data
-u update files, create if necessary -z display archive comment
-x exclude files that follow (in xlist) -d extract files into exdir

modifiers: -q quiet mode (-qq => quieter)
-n never overwrite existing files -a auto-convert any text files
-o overwrite files WITHOUT prompting -aa treat ALL files as text
-j junk paths (do not make directories) -v be verbose/print version info
-C match filenames case-insensitively -L make (some) names lowercase
-X restore UID/GID info -V retain VMS version numbers
-M pipe through "more" pager
Examples (see unzip.txt for more info):
unzip data1 -x joe => extract all files except joe from zipfile data1.zip
unzip -p foo | more => send contents of foo.zip via pipe into program more
unzip -fo foo ReadMe => quietly replace existing ReadMe if archive file newer
Download failed. Adjust DNS and try again? [y/n]: n
Make sure your Tivo is connected to the internet, and
your network settings are correct. Exiting...
rm: /enhancements: No such file or directory
LR-TiVo#

Ugh! Any assistance here is greatly appreciated!

-- Skip
Old 09-09-2006, 11:49 AM   #1678
rbautch
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippy
So now on to my 2nd DTivo...

Again, this unit was zippered/tweaked and all was well. Then I lost telnet and ftp (probably due to a hackman config error). This AM, I pulled the drive, rezippered it and replaced it. Upon first boot, I uninstalled the tweaks so I could reinstall the latest tweaks. When I tried to get a directory listing (ls), it gave me the help screen for something called UnZip 5.50 by Info-ZIP. Not sure what happened here. How do I recover ls?

My current path is: ./:.:/utils:/bin:/sbin:/tvbin:/tivobin:/busybox

If I try to run the tweaks, it fails with:
LR-TiVo# sh tweak.sh
Downloading latest Enhancement script...
UnZip 5.50 of 17 February 2002, by Info-ZIP. Maintained by C. Spieler. Send
bug reports to the authors at Zip-Bugs@lists.wku.edu; see README for details.

Usage: unzip [-Z] [-opts[modifiers]] file[.zip][list]
[-x xlist] [-d exdir]
Default action is to extract files in list, except those in xlist, to exdir;
file[.zip] may be a wildcard. -Z => ZipInfo mode ("unzip -Z" for usage).

-p extract files to pipe, no messages -l list files (short format)
-f freshen existing files, create none -t test compressed archive data
-u update files, create if necessary -z display archive comment
-x exclude files that follow (in xlist) -d extract files into exdir

modifiers: -q quiet mode (-qq => quieter)
-n never overwrite existing files -a auto-convert any text files
-o overwrite files WITHOUT prompting -aa treat ALL files as text
-j junk paths (do not make directories) -v be verbose/print version info
-C match filenames case-insensitively -L make (some) names lowercase
-X restore UID/GID info -V retain VMS version numbers
-M pipe through "more" pager
Examples (see unzip.txt for more info):
unzip data1 -x joe => extract all files except joe from zipfile data1.zip
unzip -p foo | more => send contents of foo.zip via pipe into program more
unzip -fo foo ReadMe => quietly replace existing ReadMe if archive file newer
Download failed. Adjust DNS and try again? [y/n]: n
Make sure your Tivo is connected to the internet, and
your network settings are correct. Exiting...
rm: /enhancements: No such file or directory
LR-TiVo#

Ugh! Any assistance here is greatly appreciated!

-- Skip
You might want to just start over at this point. I'd hold off on using Hackman until you research it a little more.

or

Old 09-09-2006, 11:52 AM   #1679
Skippy

"start over"...I hope that means simply rezippering. I'd hate to have to wipe all my recordings...
Old 09-09-2006, 11:53 AM   #1680
Skippy

...btw I did disable hackman at this point...