Quote:
Originally Posted by sparks

device ax8817x
product 13b1 0018 Linksys USB200MV2
is this the same for a version1?

the original usb.map listed
device ax8817x
product 077b 2226 Linksys USB200M
The entires for version 1 and 2 are different. I modified the enhancement script to insert the lines for version 2 using sed. If you search the script for "sed", you can see what's going on.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
or
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

rbautch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2006, 03:07 PM   #1502
bigrig
∞ ↔ ∞ ↔ ∞ ↔ ∞ ↔ ∞

mmmkay, here's what my .profile has now:
Code:
export PATH=$PATH:/busybox########################################:/enhancements
TERM=xterm
alias rw='echo "mounting read write"; mount -o remount,rw /'
alias ro='echo "mounting read only"; mount -o remount,ro /'
alias twp='echo "starting Tivowebplus"; /enhancements/TWPrunc.sh'
alias ffind='find / -name'
alias author='joe /etc/rc.d/rc.sysinit.author'
alias root='joe /var/spool/cron/crontabs/root'
alias twprs='echo "restarting Tivowebplus"; sh /enhancements/TWPrestart.sh'
#########################################
TERM=xterm

export PS1="\[\e[33;1m\]HDTivo\[\e[36;1m\]-\[\e[31;1m\]T\[\e[32;1m\]i\[\e[33;1m\]V\[\e[34;1m\]o\[\e[0m\]# \[\e[0m\]"
What's all the stuff at the end? Should my .profile look more like this:
Code:
export PATH=$PATH:/utils:/bin:/sbin:/tvbin:/tivobin:/busybox:/enhancements
########################################
TERM=xterm
TERM=xterm

export PS1="\[\e[33;1m\]HDTivo\[\e[36;1m\]-\[\e[31;1m\]T\[\e[32;1m\]i\[\e[33;1m\]V\[\e[34;1m\]o\[\e[0m\]# \[\e[0m\]"
Thanks!
Old 04-15-2006, 05:45 PM   #1503
rbautch
User

The stuff at the end is the color bash prompt. Your edit looks correct.

or

Old 04-15-2006, 10:07 PM   #1504
BeanCounter1

Can't get my custom bash prompt to stay.

I have edited my .profile with joe to include the following
export PS1='[Tivo1-bash] \w # '
This is basically the original prompt plus the current path. I saved the edit and logged out, then telneted back in, only to find the original prompt from the enhancement script. I then checked my syntax by entering the command at the bash prompt, and my "custom" bash worked fine until I logged out. When I logged back in, it was back to the original.

It seems as if there is another file that is reseting this after the .profile is processed, but I've searched for "PS1" and the only other file mentioned was "/.profile" which I also edited.

Any ideas? There's got to be a way to do this without having to uninstall/reinstall.

Last edited by BeanCounter1 : 04-15-2006 at 10:20 PM.
BeanCounter1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2006, 11:28 PM   #1505
bigrig
∞ ↔ ∞ ↔ ∞ ↔ ∞ ↔ ∞

You're mounting the drive as read/write, correct?

I'm not real comfortable with joe/vi, so what I do is delete the .profile on the Tivo, edit the file on the PC, transfer over as profile and rename to .profile.

Matt
Old 04-16-2006, 10:05 AM   #1506
Adam1115
20,000!!!

I've got to admit, this script is great. At some point I lost my hacks directory and never got around to redoing it.. I decided to do this instead and wow, 60 seconds and I'm done through telnet. Nice job...

I should add. I keep reading people struggleing with uploads and having to use dos2unix or whatever. I've NEVER had to do this. If you're using the dos FTP client (which you should be, don't use windows explorer), just type "type binary" before you upload the files and it will upload them correctly. No DOS2Unix or anything else. You should always use binary uploads when uploading to a Linux box.

Adam1115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 07:39 PM   #1507
BeanCounter1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigrig
You're mounting the drive as read/write, correct?

I'm not real comfortable with joe/vi, so what I do is delete the .profile on the Tivo, edit the file on the PC, transfer over as profile and rename to .profile.

Matt
I enabled read/write, edited with Joe, and resaved. I wouldn't think it would matter which method I use, especially after a reboot.
Old 04-18-2006, 08:20 PM   #1508
rbautch
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeanCounter1
I have edited my .profile with joe to include the following
This is basically the original prompt plus the current path. I saved the edit and logged out, then telneted back in, only to find the original prompt from the enhancement script. I then checked my syntax by entering the command at the bash prompt, and my "custom" bash worked fine until I logged out. When I logged back in, it was back to the original.

It seems as if there is another file that is reseting this after the .profile is processed, but I've searched for "PS1" and the only other file mentioned was "/.profile" which I also edited.

Any ideas? There's got to be a way to do this without having to uninstall/reinstall.
Is it being set in another line in the same .profile? Are you sure you saved the file? Try to view it with vi after you change it.

or

Old 04-19-2006, 05:51 AM   #1509
BeanCounter1

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbautch
Is it being set in another line in the same .profile? Are you sure you saved the file? Try to view it with vi after you change it.
I only found the PS1 setting in the file once, but there were a lot of other duplicate lines. I never really paid that much attention to them before as I was focused on PS1.

Below is the contents of ".profile". Can I just delete the duplicate lines. I would propose moving the lines starting with "export PS1" and "alias speed" (blue) immediately above the first "###" line, and deleting the lines after "###" (red). It looks like they were simply duplicated when I reran the Enhancement script. Other than this, I don't see any other duplicates that would cause my PS1 statement not to work.

Thoughts?
export TIVO_ROOT=
export TIVO_REMOTE=TIVO
export MFS_DEVICE=/dev/hda10
TERM=xterm
TERM=xterm

alias speed="/busybox/netperf -H 10.1.204 -C -c -- -S 65536 -s 65536"

########################################
TERM=xterm
TERM=xterm

Old 04-19-2006, 09:18 AM   #1510
rbautch
User

You should delete all the duplicates.

or

Old 04-19-2006, 06:00 PM   #1511
Adam1115
20,000!!!

Except... I lost MRV after 2 days. Says "DVR 600" instead of the old name. WTF? I guess I'll have to figure out what happened and reset up MRV manually.

Adam1115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 07:06 PM   #1512
rbautch
User

Try using the mrv_name module in Tivowebplus to reset the name.

or

Old 04-23-2006, 09:37 PM   #1513
DapperDanPomade

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstbone67a
I am proof that yes it can be done on an R10, now of course I had to replace the PROMS.
Congrats! At last I've found someone who's actually done it! I've been scouring the forums looking for proof that it can be done and for some info about how to get a hacked prom. Does anyone have info on where I can get one?
DapperDanPomade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 01:46 AM   #1514
diamondsw

My apologies for the stupid question (as I'm sure it is answered somewhere in the 50-odd pages of this thread), but is there any way to use the sc62 patches to kill the ads (yellow star), but keep the Tivolution? I actually find that interesting and useful - much more so than the lame "Tivo Suggestions".
diamondsw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 07:13 AM   #1515
JWThiers
Smartypants

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondsw
My apologies for the stupid question (as I'm sure it is answered somewhere in the 50-odd pages of this thread), but is there any way to use the sc62 patches to kill the ads (yellow star), but keep the Tivolution? I actually find that interesting and useful - much more so than the lame "Tivo Suggestions".
I think that that is content that tivo pushed to you and if they ain't pushing you can't pull.
Old 04-24-2006, 08:23 AM   #1516
tivo40gb

I need to keep the recordrings on my 6.2 (some of the wife's stuff).

I bought the LBA48 and have created the tools disk. If I already have a 6.2 image on my drive (from directv) there is no need to buy the image disk right?

I am concerned that there is a difference between the PTVnet instantcake image and the already on my tivo.
tivo40gb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 08:32 AM   #1517
rbautch
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondsw
Yes, run sc62remove.tcl.

or

Old 04-24-2006, 08:34 AM   #1518
rbautch
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by tivo40gb
I need to keep the recordrings on my 6.2 (some of the wife's stuff).

I bought the LBA48 and have created the tools disk. If I already have a 6.2 image on my drive (from directv) there is no need to buy the image disk right?

I am concerned that there is a difference between the PTVnet instantcake image and the already on my tivo.
Whatever differences there are won't matter, but it's always nice to have an extra working drive in case you screw things up. If you know what you're doing, you can create an image from your existing drive, rename it to 000001, and put in on the tools disk.

or

Old 04-24-2006, 08:59 AM   #1519
Xtra7973

Ok I have a question. I get up at 4:30 am EST for work and leave the house at 6:00 am. My problem is my cron reboots my tivo monday 5:25 am EST while im watching the news, very annoying. From my understanding cron goes by GMT and since im EST it should reboot with the original settings at 4:25 am EST but it does not.

So to fix this in crontabs all I should have to change is
Code:
25 9 * * 1,4 echo "`date` SCHEDULED REBOOT"; reboot >> /var/log/cronlog-main
To this
Code:
25 8 * * 1,4 echo "`date` SCHEDULED REBOOT"; reboot >> /var/log/cronlog-main
And also the reboot messages from this
Code:
5 9 * * 1,4 cd /var/hack/bin; echo 'SCHEDULED REBOOT IN 20 MINUTES...' | /var/hack/bin/out2osd -c1 -fblack1 -byellow -d3
15 9 * * 1,4 cd /var/hack/bin; echo 'SCHEDULED REBOOT IN 10 MINUTES...' | /var/hack/bin/out2osd -c1 -fblack1 -byellow -d3
To this
Code:
5 8 * * 1,4 cd /var/hack/bin; echo 'SCHEDULED REBOOT IN 20 MINUTES...' | /var/hack/bin/out2osd -c1 -fblack1 -byellow -d3
15 8 * * 1,4 cd /var/hack/bin; echo 'SCHEDULED REBOOT IN 10 MINUTES...' | /var/hack/bin/out2osd -c1 -fblack1 -byellow -d3
Is this all I need to do to change it so it does it at 4:25 am EST before I get up?

Last edited by Xtra7973 : 11-16-2006 at 05:52 AM.
Xtra7973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 10:13 AM   #1520
rbautch
User

That's it!

or

Old 04-24-2006, 02:49 PM   #1521
trainman
Nice to see you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtra7973
Ok I have a question. I get up at 4:30 am EST for work and leave the house at 6:00 am. My problem is my cron reboots my tivo monday 5:25 am EST while im watching the news, very annoying. From my understanding cron goes by GMT and since im EST it should reboot with the original settings at 4:25 am EST but it does not. I read somwhere EST is -5 hours from GMT.
Keep in mind that we're currently on daylight savings time, and EDT is GMT -4, which is why a setting of 9:25 GMT means your TiVo is rebooting at 5:25 A.M.

With your new settings, the reboot will happen at 3:25 A.M. once we're back on standard time for the winter months (but I'm assuming that's an okay time for you, too).

Here on the other side of the country, I had to move the reboot time forward so that the reboot wouldn't happen during "Late Night with Conan O'Brien" in the winter months (at 1:25 A.M. PST).
Old 04-24-2006, 04:36 PM   #1522
Xtra7973

Thank you rbautch for confirming this for me. And for everything else you do too.
And thank you trainman for bringing DST to my attention. I for the life of me couldn't figure out why it was rebooting at 5:25 am when the settings in cron had it to reboot at 4:25. It all makes sense now and seems so obvious. Damn DST messes up my sleep, and now it crossed the line messing with the tivo Thank you guys.
Xtra7973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 11:30 PM   #1523
Ran94

I am having an issue regarding installation of the tweak. This is what I get when I telnet:

bash-2.02# cd /var
bash-2.02#
bash-2.02# sh tweak.sh
tweak.sh: line 15: syntax error near unexpected token `elif'
'weak.sh: line 15: ` elif [ "$tivoapp" = "e" ]; then
bash-2.02#
bash-2.02#

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Last edited by Ran94 : 04-24-2006 at 11:31 PM. Reason: Punctuatoin
Ran94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 09:12 AM   #1524
bigrig
∞ ↔ ∞ ↔ ∞ ↔ ∞ ↔ ∞

Need to run dos2unix on the script.
http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...&&#post3561356

Matt
Old 04-29-2006, 11:56 AM   #1525
bigrig
∞ ↔ ∞ ↔ ∞ ↔ ∞ ↔ ∞

TivoWebPlus question:

I used a TWP self-installer that installed it to /var/local/tivoweb-tcl

When running the script I said yes TWP is installed - it looked for it but didn't find it. Should I just delete that dir, run the script again saying no previous TWP? Can I just use the script for installing TWP, or should I use the uninstall script and do it all over?

Thanks,
Matt
Old 04-29-2006, 02:17 PM   #1526
rbautch
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigrig
TivoWebPlus question:

I used a TWP self-installer that installed it to /var/local/tivoweb-tcl

When running the script I said yes TWP is installed - it looked for it but didn't find it. Should I just delete that dir, run the script again saying no previous TWP? Can I just use the script for installing TWP, or should I use the uninstall script and do it all over?

Thanks,
Matt
The TWP installation is very portable. You can move the entire directory anywhere you want, and then add a line in your author file to launch it when your tivo boots. Or if you want my customized version of TWP, you can delete the entire directory, and run the script again, answering no to previous TWP.

or

Old 04-30-2006, 06:53 PM   #1527
emartin358

I have just installed the Enhancement script on 2 series 2 D*tivos. One is on a fresh install using instant cake and the other is on a unit that was hacked a year ago, both using 6.2. I had no problem setting the IP address on the first unit but can't change it on the second. The script shows what it is set at but won't allow any changes. How can I change the address on this unit?
emartin358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 06:58 PM   #1528
rbautch
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by emartin358
I have just installed the Enhancement script on 2 series 2 D*tivos. One is on a fresh install using instant cake and the other is on a unit that was hacked a year ago, both using 6.2. I had no problem setting the IP address on the first unit but can't change it on the second. The script shows what it is set at but won't allow any changes. How can I change the address on this unit?
The unit that was hacked already is probably setting an IP address somewhere else, causing a confict. Check test.conf or rc.sysinit.author for ifconfig commands, and remove them. How was the tivo hacked previosly...Sleeper, killhdinitrd, other?

or

Old 04-30-2006, 07:35 PM   #1529
emartin358

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbautch
The unit that was hacked already is probably setting an IP address somewhere else, causing a confict. Check test.conf or rc.sysinit.author for ifconfig commands, and remove them. How was the tivo hacked previosly...Sleeper, killhdinitrd, other?
I'm not sure but I think it was killhdinitrd. A friend did most of the work on the first unit. I looked in test.conf and rc.sysinit.author using joe and haven't seen any signs of ifconfig commands. Any other places I can look?
emartin358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 09:16 PM   #1530
rbautch
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by emartin358
I'm not sure but I think it was killhdinitrd. A friend did most of the work on the first unit. I looked in test.conf and rc.sysinit.author using joe and haven't seen any signs of ifconfig commands. Any other places I can look?
You can use the grep command to search for a file that contains it. You can also check the IP paramters in tivowebplus.

or