TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Underground Playground > TiVo Underground
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 03-26-2006, 11:18 AM   #1411
Luv2DrvFst

Quote:
Originally Posted by SohoTrader
This is good stuff people. I ran tweak.sh and it worked like a charm on one my tivo sa boxes. So, I made boooo where I deleted some tweak generated directory and I try to run tweak.sh and it doesn't allow you to run it until tweak-uninstall.sh file. I looked for the uninstall file the whole day and I can't find. Can someone give me a hand here...
First, it's tweak_uninstall.sh (underscore not a hyphen) so that may help you find it. It is installed on your TiVo so do this to find it:

ffind tweak_uninstall.sh
Old 03-26-2006, 11:29 AM   #1412
goony

Quote:
I looked for the uninstall file the whole day and I can't find. Can someone give me a hand here...
No need for that; do this next time:
Code:
#prompt> find / -name 'tweak*'
This will reveal any files that start with tweak.
goony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 12:01 PM   #1413
SohoTrader

I assuming that when run tweak.sh script it out uninstall tweak script in somewhere on tivo (probably in enhancement directory). Well, I ran on my tivo but file not found. I mostly deleted the file. Is there any other route I can take. Unless someone can send me the unistall script...

SoHoTrader....
SohoTrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 05:24 PM   #1414
Luv2DrvFst

Quote:
I assuming that when run tweak.sh script it out uninstall tweak script in somewhere on tivo (probably in enhancement directory). Well, I ran on my tivo but file not found. I mostly deleted the file. Is there any other route I can take. Unless someone can send me the unistall script...
I hope this works and I hope it doesn't upset anyone. Here's the uninstall file zipped.
Attached Files
File Type: zip tweak_uninstall.sh.zip (1.3 KB, 9 views)
Old 03-26-2006, 09:41 PM   #1415
SohoTrader

Thanks bro no luck but I'm going to start from fresh. I'm going to restore from my original drive TIVO to my big drive and rom there I can take on tweak.sh again.. I really love the tweak... I salute the the author of tweak.... JUST Brilliant...

SoHoTrader....
Old 03-26-2006, 11:35 PM   #1416
rpl

Quote:
Originally Posted by philwojo
I have a series 1 Tivo and I got the tivotools from the web site I found on here, here is the link I specifically used:

http://www.************.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=37602

The above is from another wetb site with the initials DD, don't know if we can mention it here or not.

Phil
The title of that file is All in one S2. So as rbautch has said a couple of times your using the wrong version.
rpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 05:32 AM   #1417
bengalfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv2DrvFst
I hope this works and I hope it doesn't upset anyone. Here's the uninstall file zipped.

That's probably not a good idea since the uninstall file has gone thru several iterations and may not be the same version as the tweak file he used in the first place. Rbautch are they all backward compatible?
Old 03-27-2006, 10:32 AM   #1418
SohoTrader

OK, thanks for the info.... Are you from Bangladesh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bengalfreak
That's probably not a good idea since the uninstall file has gone thru several iterations and may not be the same version as the tweak file he used in the first place. Rbautch are they all backward compatible?

SoHoTrader....
Old 03-27-2006, 11:57 AM   #1419
rbautch
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bengalfreak
Indeed they are backward compatible.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
or
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

rbautch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 11:57 AM   #1420
willardcpa
QUASI-OMNISCIENT

Quote:
OK, thanks for the info.... Are you from Bangladesh?
Hmmmm, how would somebody think that from a name of "bengalfreak"???
The spelling is only remotely similar?
Oh, I get it, SohoTrader is from Nigeria!
willardcpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 12:10 PM   #1421
Carlton Bale

I just successfully installed everything on a friends Series 2 DirecTivo using my Linksys Linksys USB200M Ver. 1. He purchased a Linksys USB200M Ver. 2 and installed it, but now it won't get back on the network even after a roboot. Do the high-speed drivers not support the Linksys USB200M Ver. 2? Or does the network need to be manually reconfigured? Tivo.com shows that both versions of the Linksys adapter are supported, but that support for adapter version 2 was only added for SA version 7.2.2.

: devoted to documentation of everything TiVo
Carlton Bale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 12:13 PM   #1422
rbautch
User

Ver 2 works, but you have to add it to the hotplug.map file. There are detailed instructions somwehre in the Zipper thread. It's on my to-do list to incorporate into the Zipper.

or

Old 03-27-2006, 04:27 PM   #1423
Carlton Bale

Thanks for the info. Knowing that it was a change to the hotplug/usb.map file got me pointed in the right direction. I read through the zipper thread and found this post by DoctorK with the instructions:

Quote:
You must access the TiVo with a serial connection or use another "working" usb adapter.

The USB200MV2 must be added to the file in the
/etc/hotplug/usb.map
Jamie's backported drivers must be installed first. (You must have answered yes to adding the USB2.0 drivers in the Zipper enhancemant script)

Find the section for the ax8817x driver and edit the file to add the product line for the USB200MV2:
Code:
device ax8817x
product 13b1 0018 Linksys USB200MV2

: devoted to documentation of everything TiVo
Carlton Bale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 05:03 PM   #1424
6stringbass
Music + Tivo R Good!

Prompt names

I've decided to switch the locations of my Dtivos. I set a custom bash prompt on one of them that will be the wrong name when they move. Which script should I run to rename the bash prompt (I assume I can rename the MRV name in TWP). Thanks!
6stringbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 05:04 PM   #1425
Gunnyman
Peekols

you can edit your .profile file in vi or Joe.
Old 03-27-2006, 05:07 PM   #1426
6stringbass
Music + Tivo R Good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunnyman
you can edit your .profile file in vi or Joe.
Thanks. That should make it easier to keep track of units!
6stringbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 05:11 PM   #1427

I'm at my wits end. After running Zipper on my dsr7000 yesterday, I lost all connections to the unit so today I reimaged the drive with my zipper cd thinking something had to be corrupt on it and still no connectivity thru telnet. All my other puters on the network are connected so I know it's not a network issue. I have a spare usb ethernet adapter that I have tried and have tested both adapters on my puter so I know they work. I have also test the cable attached to the adapter so no problem there either.

I have a serial cable I can plug in but what do I need to do to troubleshoot this problem a little more. I know it's hard to help figure this out remotely but I would appreciate any help you guys can give.
Thanks
Mike
2500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 05:17 PM   #1428
Gunnyman
Peekols

are you running Windows XP firewall perchance? or Perhaps VPN software?
Both of these are known to cause interference with Telnet to tivo.
Old 03-27-2006, 05:26 PM   #1429
Luv2DrvFst

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2500
I have a spare usb ethernet adapter that I have tried and have tested both adapters on my puter so I know they work.
What make/model adapter are you using? Were you ever able to telnet in?
Old 03-27-2006, 06:07 PM   #1430

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunnyman
are you running Windows XP firewall perchance? or Perhaps VPN software?
Both of these are known to cause interference with Telnet to tivo.
Yeah I have the XP firewall on but I've always had it on and no issue before. I'll try turning it off for the sake of troubleshooting. No VPN.

They are D-links Dub-E100, yeah have been able to telnet up until yesterday. Nothing has changed as far as configuration on the network, I just starting having trouble with tivoweb and tytools.
Old 03-27-2006, 08:01 PM   #1431
rbautch
User

Can you get a bash prompt over your serial connection? If so, run the /enhancements/net-status.tcl script, and post the results here.

or

Old 03-27-2006, 08:08 PM   #1432

I haven't tried it yet but just give me a min. Is that the exact code I need to put in?
Thanks
Old 03-27-2006, 08:33 PM   #1433

I can't get bash.
Old 03-28-2006, 05:13 AM   #1434
bengalfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2500
I can't get bash.
You've plugged in a serial cable, opened HyperTerminal, set it to the serial port and hit return on your computer a couple of times?
Old 03-29-2006, 04:31 PM   #1435
rbautch
User

Version 3.6 Released!

I updated the script to append the /etc/hotplug/usb.map with the code for the Linksys USB200 v.2 adapter, as described here. I also modified the TWP archive to use the new version of Hackman. These changes have also been incorporated into the Zipper (except Hackman).

or

Old 03-29-2006, 06:47 PM   #1436
JaserLet

Is any extra work needed to enable USB 2.0 performance for the Belkin F5D5050 (pegasus.o I think)?

Several stores near me sell the F5D5050, otherwise I will have to buy the FA120 online.
JaserLet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 08:20 PM   #1437
rbautch
User

No. The script will take care of everything.

or

Old 03-29-2006, 08:41 PM   #1438
Runch Machine

I've used the Zipper to install the enhacement script on two Samsung DirecTivos and 2 HR10-250s with great success. My favorite feature is Caller ID. However, after a day or two Caller ID stops working and I have to reboot the Tivos to get it back. This happens on all 4 of them. Any idea why this happens and how to fix it?
DirecTV HR20 DVR with 1 terrabyte Drive inside.
Runch Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 09:14 PM   #1439
asteffens

Download failed. Adjust DNS and try again? using Zipper script

I am getting the following error...I hacked a Phillips DSR704 running 6.2. Unit is up and running and ethernet is working...but when I run the sh tweak.sh I get the following error. I know the network is setup properly, but I assume it is wanting me to add (since the script only asked for the IP and the Gateway IP) the DNS information to the Tivo unit it self, can anyone point me to where this is located? Any help would be much appreciated.

Downloading latest Enhancement script...
wget: xxx.mastersav.xxx: Host name lookup failure
Download failed. Adjust DNS and try again? [y/n]: y

Make sure your Tivo is connected to the internet, and
your network settings are correct. Exiting...
rm: /enhancements: No such file or directory
asteffens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 10:31 PM   #1440
rbautch
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runch Machine
I've used the Zipper to install the enhacement script on two Samsung DirecTivos and 2 HR10-250s with great success. My favorite feature is Caller ID. However, after a day or two Caller ID stops working and I have to reboot the Tivos to get it back. This happens on all 4 of them. Any idea why this happens and how to fix it?
Not sure why this would happen. You don't have to reboot though, just look at the commands in the author file that launch NCID, and type them in manually at bash. You might also copy your post to the NCID thread so it gets more exposure to the folks regularly using NCID.

or