TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Underground Playground > TiVo Underground
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 03-02-2006, 11:10 AM   #1321
Conklin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finnstang
The enhancement script asks whether you want showcases and yellow stars during the setup.
When i had applied the zipper to my drives previously the showcase entry was still thier on both units evan after a couple of months. I was just curious as to why this time it is gone on only one.
Conklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 12:13 PM   #1322
rbautch
User

There are two scripts that control showcases, one called sc62add.tcl and the other called sc62remove.tcl, both in the /enhancements directory. These scripts get run during the Zipper process when you get prompted, but you can also run them independently.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
or
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

rbautch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 03:17 PM   #1323
virent

I was able to succesfully hack the tivo but the menus items are slightly different than the 6.2 version. The "Standby" menu item is not on the first menu page when you press the DirecTV button. It is under the Setup & Messages menu after the Promos menu item. It is not visible in the Setup & Messages menu unless you scroll past the Promos menu item and go the next page. It is there by itself.
Is this normal?
virent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 03:34 PM   #1324
SteelersFan
"On Welfare"

Quote:
Originally Posted by virent
I was able to succesfully hack the tivo but the menus items are slightly different than the 6.2 version. The "Standby" menu item is not on the first menu page when you press the DirecTV button. It is under the Setup & Messages menu after the Promos menu item. It is not visible in the Setup & Messages menu unless you scroll past the Promos menu item and go the next page. It is there by itself.
Is this normal?
Try this.
HR21-700, HR21-100
SteelersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 09:09 AM   #1325
salvatore

I applied the latest tweak.sh script (which DLs a new set of files and reinstalls all rbautch's hacks) last week and Im noticing a missing module in TWP. I used to be able to use a series of TWP screens, I believe called UI or similar, to review season passes, delete/undelete shows, and otherwise interact with the NPL. This module now appears to be gone from my TWP install.

Has this been removed recently, or did I screw something up with the last tweak.sh running?
psn radio - http://www.palmisanonet.com:9875
salvatore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 09:14 AM   #1326
Gunnyman
Super FunBall

it's still there no idea why it disappears from menus but add /ui to your address.
Old 03-03-2006, 09:19 AM   #1327
salvatore

Mmmm. Simple solutions.

Thanks Gunny.
psn radio - http://www.palmisanonet.com:9875
salvatore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2006, 10:02 AM   #1328
Entcee

I have a quick question. I hope it has not already been discussed as I tried to search for the answer.

I recently purchased a modded DirecTiVo and I want to run this script. When I run it, I get the following message:
Original unpatched tivoapp found in /tvbin. This takes up lots of space and may interfere with running this script. Enter r to remove it, k to keep it or e to exit this script so you can FTP it to your PC.

What should I do here?

Thanks in advance!
Entcee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2006, 11:15 AM   #1329
rbautch
User

Type df -h at bash to see how much space you have left. If you have less than 10M available on your root filesystem, then delete it.

or

Old 03-04-2006, 02:57 PM   #1330
Entcee

Thanks, I did delete it after I made a copy to my PC. Thanks a lot!

New question..

The script did not detect that I have TWP installed (but it is installed) It is installed in \ptvupgrade\tivowebplus

I uninstalled the script and ran it again telling the script I did not already have tivowebplus installed and it did add it to the root. How do I know if I am running the customized version that is in the script or the original one?

I would also like to clean it up so I only have one copy on the HD. When I open tivewebplus, it looks just as it did before.

Thanks! BTW, that is a great script!
Old 03-04-2006, 02:59 PM   #1331
rbautch
User

delete the copy in the ptvnet folder, and change the ptvnet flag to turn off tivowebplus.

or

Old 03-04-2006, 03:02 PM   #1332
Entcee

This may be a dumb question (I am a complete noob at TiVo modding) but how do I change the flag? Do I just turn it off using tivowebplus?

Will I have to re-run the script after I do that?

I really do appreciate your help!
Old 03-04-2006, 07:11 PM   #1333
rbautch
User

Should be in the Ptvnet instructions.

or

Old 03-04-2006, 07:55 PM   #1334
Entcee

I will try to figure it out. (I was not the one who installed the Ptvnet so I am not familiar with it.)

I will do some searching to see if I can find the answer.

Thanks.
Old 03-04-2006, 08:02 PM   #1335
NoCheese

In the /init/ptv_flags folder...

mv TIVOWEB_ON TIVOWEB_OFF

That will rename the "ON" flag to "OFF". /etc/rc.d/rc.sysinint.author uses these flags to determine what items to start or not.
NoCheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006, 01:15 AM   #1336
6stringbass
Music + Tivo R Good!

Old Zipper vs. new Zipper

I installed and ran Zipper from a disc set built by a friend. Everything looks good but after hours of reading this and the Enhancement Script thread (and feeling my brain turn to jello) I find that some of the files referenced on the Tivo Zipper instruction page are newer than ones on my friend supplied disc. It appears that at least one of the newer functions is that new scripts are found and downloaded to my Tivo. Is the easiest way to gain any new functions to do the tweak_uninstall, run the newer Zipper on my drive and rerun tweak after doing so? Should I install the newer version of rbautch_files.tgz I have seen posted in this thread or just let the new Zipper install download it? If this has been previously covered I apologize as I didn't see it (that jello brain thing maybe). Thanks for making Tivo hacking a whole lot easier!

Last edited by 6stringbass : 03-05-2006 at 01:55 AM.
6stringbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006, 08:39 AM   #1337
Entcee

Thanks NoCheese.

I was able to turn off the old TWP and uninstalled then reinstalled the script and now I have the customized version of TWP.

One problem though.... Hackman in no longer an option on TWP. How do I get it installed?
Old 03-05-2006, 11:11 AM   #1338
rbautch
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6stringbass
I installed and ran Zipper from a disc set built by a friend. Everything looks good but after hours of reading this and the Enhancement Script thread (and feeling my brain turn to jello) I find that some of the files referenced on the Tivo Zipper instruction page are newer than ones on my friend supplied disc. It appears that at least one of the newer functions is that new scripts are found and downloaded to my Tivo. Is the easiest way to gain any new functions to do the tweak_uninstall, run the newer Zipper on my drive and rerun tweak after doing so? Should I install the newer version of rbautch_files.tgz I have seen posted in this thread or just let the new Zipper install download it? If this has been previously covered I apologize as I didn't see it (that jello brain thing maybe). Thanks for making Tivo hacking a whole lot easier!
Run the uninstall script, and then run tweak.sh again. All new hacks will be downloaded automatically.

or

Old 03-05-2006, 11:12 AM   #1339
rbautch
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Entcee
Thanks NoCheese.

I was able to turn off the old TWP and uninstalled then reinstalled the script and now I have the customized version of TWP.

One problem though.... Hackman in no longer an option on TWP. How do I get it installed?
Dowload it from the Hackman thread here on TCF. Read about before you install it.

or

Old 03-05-2006, 01:09 PM   #1340
Entcee

I have everything up and running. Thanks a lot for your help and great script!
Old 03-05-2006, 02:44 PM   #1341
bengalfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbautch
Dowload it from the Hackman thread here on TCF. Read about before you install it.
so, hackman is no longer included at all in the script archive?
Old 03-05-2006, 02:46 PM   #1342
Gunnyman
Super FunBall

nope it was too easy for newbies to wreak total havoc on their tivos.
Hackman is a GREAT tool, but installing it by default with the Zipper or this enhance script was a mistake.
Old 03-05-2006, 06:22 PM   #1343
rbautch
User

To clarify, it's still included in the enhancement script but not the Zipper. The enhacement script looks to see if you just ran the Zipper, and if so, deletes hackman. Experienced users can simply uninstall and reinstall the enhancement script to get hackman back. Inexperienced users can do the same if they want to upset me.

or

Old 03-05-2006, 08:45 PM   #1344
ktbst

I hope someone can help me out...I have tried to search the forums for an answer but no luck. I upgraded my samsumg 4040 using a new 200gb WD drive and instantcake. After a few weeks I used the enhancement script. Everything works fine except the system periodically freezes but never while watching tv. It seems to freeze in the middle of the night. The system will be totally unresponsive including the remote. I have to pull the plug to reboot. Should I check the logs for errors..If so which ones? I read an earlier post and you recommended shutting processes one at a time. By processes do you mean the hacks I have running? I know this may be an indicater that the drive is bad...if so in which log would I see any disk errors? The problem started after I used the enhancements script so my first thought is that it is not the drive. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
ktbst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 05:41 PM   #1345
alert5

Can you use telnet from a box running linux so as to avoid the crlf issues of XP?

From a Linux environment I would think ftp and file editing with something as simple as 'kwrite' might be less dangerous than from XP as well.

Would file permissions be maintained or would you suggest chmod 777 on a file like the author, just to be safe from hosing your port 21 and 23 connectivity.

Any thoughts from other dual booters out there with more than my novice linux capability is appreciated.
alert5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 05:47 PM   #1346
Gunnyman
Super FunBall

I accessed my Tivo's under linux all the time and you're correct. kwrite or whatever the gnome equivalent is work fine.
Old 03-06-2006, 06:16 PM   #1347
bengalfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by alert5
Can you use telnet from a box running linux so as to avoid the crlf issues of XP?

From a Linux environment I would think ftp and file editing with something as simple as 'kwrite' might be less dangerous than from XP as well.

Would file permissions be maintained or would you suggest chmod 777 on a file like the author, just to be safe from hosing your port 21 and 23 connectivity.

Any thoughts from other dual booters out there with more than my novice linux capability is appreciated.

I use teraterm pro under XP and have no cr-lf issue. Its free.
Old 03-06-2006, 06:30 PM   #1348
alert5

Thanks for the comments. The bigger issue that tends to bite the novice (me) is not crlf, but forgetting to reset file permissions or something else equally stupid. I don't want to do that again.

Oh yes, and would the linux environment avoid the necessity for dos2unix on stuff you ftp.

I don't know, but as a test I'm about to update both rbautch.tgz and tweak.sh on one of my zippered machines. I'll also edit the author file while I'm at it just to get used to using linux telnet, ftp and an editor in that environment.

I'm using a fully installed Mandriva 2006 (3 CDs) as the OS.

Learn by doing and learn from one's mistakes is my attitude.
Old 03-06-2006, 06:39 PM   #1349
Gunnyman
Super FunBall

yes it would linux and tivo get along beautifully.
Old 03-07-2006, 09:34 AM   #1350
alert5

I'm sold. Just updated the box I mentioned from linux. 'Gftp' and 'Gtelnet' were a pleasure to use as opposed to XP telnet and Filezilla.