TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Underground Playground > TiVo Underground
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 02-26-2006, 12:27 PM   #901
PortlandPaw
Woodstock-era Hacker

Throg and Fozzie -- I was unable to replicate the errors you found. Please try a re-install of hackman and see if it helps. If the problem persists, give me as much detail as possible and I'll try again.

Finnstang and pdawg17 -- I don't know what the trouble could be. Guess I'll just have to get HD going to test it. Seriously, confirm that sendkey is in the proper directory: bin_mips.

Chebeague Island, Maine
There are 10 kinds of people, those who count in binary and those who don't.
PortlandPaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006, 12:27 PM   #902
PortlandPaw
Woodstock-era Hacker

I've posted an update to hackman (link in sig) that adds the ability to set the date and time -- handy if you're using an old Series 1 as an unsubbed VCR.

Oh, and a little warning -- I've also added a requirement to make a small edit to the hackman.itcl file before the program will run. The directions for the edit are included in the ReadMe file. This is an inducement for people to at least have looked at the instructions before proceeding to ruin their TiVos with hackman.

I apologize for the inconvenience this may cause some people -- there were just too many people revving up the chainsaw with absolutely no idea what they were doing.

Chebeague Island, Maine
Old 02-26-2006, 12:30 PM   #903
Fozzie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PortlandPaw
Throg and Fozzie -- I was unable to replicate the errors you found. Please try a re-install of hackman and see if it helps.
I literally just installed your latest version and the error doesn't occur any more. Thanks.
Fozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 10:11 AM   #904
Chris Grant

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finnstang
I was noticing today, that when I was restarting TWP, during the hackman startup I got the below error/warning:

Not enough posts to quote the image -- see earlier post from Finnstang

Since this is running on a HR10-250, I assume it should still be using the mips sendkey. Should this missing /dev/router_client be there on the HR10? It is there on my HDVR2.
I have the exact same error on my HR10-250. The result is that the SCREEN function in TivoWeb Plus doesn't work. SCREEN used to work and I'm not sure when the error started to show up--but it was fairly recently. Everything looks like it's there in the 'mips' folder.
Old 03-02-2006, 10:57 AM   #905
PortlandPaw
Woodstock-era Hacker

The mips sendkey was created for versions 3.1 and above by musclenerd, but apparently doesn't work on the HD. We'll have to wait for someone with more skills than I to get it working.

Chebeague Island, Maine

Last edited by PortlandPaw : 03-02-2006 at 11:10 AM.
Old 03-07-2006, 02:09 PM   #906
virent

I want to roll back hackman and start over. Had done a back up of the "bin_mips" "bin_ppc" "modules" and "images" directories before installing hackman. Will restoring the backed up 4 directories and restarting TivoWebplus work?
Or does hackman write to other directories also?
virent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 03:05 PM   #907
PortlandPaw
Woodstock-era Hacker

Your rollback should work. Hackman writes mostly to its own directory. It also writes a boot counter file to /var, but that shouldn't affect anything.

Chebeague Island, Maine
Old 03-07-2006, 03:12 PM   #908
virent

Thanks will do rollback. Wanted to make sure that it did not create or modify the /etc/rc.d/rc.sysinit.author or any other files.
Hackman does not show up in my Tivo Webplus menu so I am assuming that it did not install fully since I have not modified the hackman.cfg or hackman.ini file yet.
I see that it has created a hackman.cfg.draft file though.
virent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 03:26 PM   #909
PortlandPaw
Woodstock-era Hacker

Please read the readme. It has information on how to debug an install failure. And hackman can write to the files you mentioned if you want it to. And it can do so destructively if you're not careful! So please read the the readme and learn how to watch tivoweb load its modules so you can see what happens when it tries to load hackman.

Chebeague Island, Maine
Old 03-18-2006, 06:21 PM   #910
Fozzie

I've just noticed a small bug; hackman always starts endpad with -f (force negative padding) set to 1, regardless of the checkbox setting (both when manually starting endpad and when starting it at boot.
Old 03-19-2006, 03:47 PM   #911
PortlandPaw
Woodstock-era Hacker

Thanks, Fozzie, I'll look into it.

Chebeague Island, Maine
Old 03-19-2006, 07:42 PM   #912
vertigo235

I just used Zipper and Rbaugh's scripts to hack my HDTiVo and the scripts installed TWP in my root directory. This is creating problems with Hackman and copying the draft cfg file to the cfg file.

What am I supose to do with this? aside from just chaning to RW system, will I have to keep it RW?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
vertigo235 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006, 08:01 PM   #913
vertigo235

Quote:
Throg and Fozzie -- I was unable to replicate the errors you found. Please try a re-install of hackman and see if it helps. If the problem persists, give me as much detail as possible and I'll try again.

Finnstang and pdawg17 -- I don't know what the trouble could be. Guess I'll just have to get HD going to test it. Seriously, confirm that sendkey is in the proper directory: bin_mips.
I get the same problem, sendkey is in the proper directory.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 03-19-2006, 08:20 PM   #914
vertigo235

Ok having the hackman.cfg file in a RO directory is somewhat annoying, can I change it so that the hackman.cfg file is stored in /var ?

Old 03-20-2006, 01:05 PM   #915
PortlandPaw
Woodstock-era Hacker

Someone who knows how zipper and rbautch works is going to have to handle this. I'm not re-writing hackman to save stuff in directories other than its own.

Chebeague Island, Maine
Old 03-20-2006, 02:43 PM   #916
PortlandPaw
Woodstock-era Hacker

Now that I've calmed down a bit, it occurs to me that I designed hackman to handle r/o situations. Whenever a call is made to write to disk, the root directory is set to r/w and then if it was r/o to begin with, it's reset to r/o. So living in the root directory shouldn't be a problem.

If it is, please give me details so I can fix it.

And if you really want to change the location of the .ini and .cfg files, you can edit them in the hackman.itcl. I'll even tell you which lines to change but I can't give any guarantees about how it will work.

Chebeague Island, Maine

Last edited by PortlandPaw : 03-20-2006 at 02:49 PM.
Old 03-20-2006, 04:20 PM   #917
vertigo235

Quote:
Someone who knows how zipper and rbautch works is going to have to handle this. I'm not re-writing hackman to save stuff in directories other than its own.

In this case "it's own" is actually the tivowebplus modules directory, right? The issue is that tivowebplus is in the root directory now instead of /var/ which I actually don't mind, since I've had var disapear a few times.

I'm certainly not expecting you to chang eanything though, you have created a great module and I'll make it work for me if I have to

Thank you!

Old 03-20-2006, 04:22 PM   #918
vertigo235

Quote:
Now that I've calmed down a bit, it occurs to me that I designed hackman to handle r/o situations. Whenever a call is made to write to disk, the root directory is set to r/w and then if it was r/o to begin with, it's reset to r/o. So living in the root directory shouldn't be a problem.

And if you really want to change the location of the .ini and .cfg files, you can edit them in the hackman.itcl. I'll even tell you which lines to change but I can't give any guarantees about how it will work.
If I recall, I got an error on the initial setup when it tried to change the hackman.cfg.draft file to hackman.cfg, then I think I got another error later when trying to save the remapped path names once I deleted regular old enpad.itcl.

I guess it's not all that big of a deal for me to change it to rw, for that only. As you said it does change modes when editing other files automatically.

Old 03-22-2006, 12:33 PM   #919
dkggpeters

David,

How do you get Bufferhack 40a or 41 to show up in hackman? I installed in the modules directory and did a restart but it does not show up. I also noticed in the .cfg file, there is no path designation for Bufferhack.

Great program by the way.

Dave
dkggpeters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 07:15 AM   #920
PortlandPaw
Woodstock-era Hacker

I can't provide the link to the bufferhack add on, as that's verboten here. It's provided in the hackman ReadMe, though. It is not the standard bufferhack -- it's another module specifically designed to interface with hackman.

I haven't updated it in a while, and I should probably do so. Depending on the model of TiVo you have, it may or may not work.

Chebeague Island, Maine
Old 03-23-2006, 11:02 AM   #921
dkggpeters

David,

Thanks.

I believe their is only a Bufferhack addon module for version 3 that I can find. Couldn't find one for version 4. I have contacted JJBliss to find out.

Was curious if backdoor codes (ie - set clock on reboot) work on DTivo 6.2. Doesn't appear to be working for me. I do not have send back door codes on reboot checked so I do not know if this is the problem. I also noticed that the documentation on hackman states that some of the backdoor codes may not work on DTivo 6.2.

Your response would be greatly appreciated.

Dave
dkggpeters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 11:14 AM   #922
rbautch
User

Quote:

David, I believe the issue is specific to the HR10-250, as described here. I was able to duplicate the problem on a manually hacked HR10-250. I'm willing to help you test fixes if/when you're interested.

or

rbautch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 12:11 PM   #923
PortlandPaw
Woodstock-era Hacker

rbautch, I think they're two different problems. The r/o-r/w thing is something I've figured out -- one place in hackman where I didn't open up the root directory.

The other is related to there not being a sendkey for version 4 and up (I think). If anybody knows of an updated sendkey, let me know. In the meantime, I think I'll work on disabling sendkey features if sendkey doesn't work.

Chebeague Island, Maine
Old 03-24-2006, 08:54 AM   #924
PortlandPaw
Woodstock-era Hacker

Hackman Version 4.2.1 available

My website (link in sig) now has the latest hackman version posted. It addresses the r/o-r/w issue that has been discussed, disables sendkey features if sendkey doesn't work and fixes the endpad negative padding problem reported by Fozzie.

As I can't test all these fixes on all versions and machines (wish I could!), please report back if something isn't working the way it should.

Chebeague Island, Maine
Old 03-24-2006, 02:22 PM   #925
GlennL
Finding My Way

David - Thanks for this great resource! It is invaluable on my old but faithful Series 1 machine. As my way of saying thank you I'd like to offer the community of Hackman users the replacement images I created for it. They're nothing special but I like their look.
Attached Files
File Type: zip hackman_images.zip (77.8 KB, 24 views)
GlennL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 02:54 PM   #926
PortlandPaw
Woodstock-era Hacker

Thanks, GlennL, for both the words of thanks and for the images. I'll try them out tonight.

Chebeague Island, Maine
Old 03-24-2006, 03:21 PM   #927
Fozzie

Endpad 'force' switch now working fine here (UK SA series 1).

Thanks.
Old 03-24-2006, 06:31 PM   #928
GlennL
Finding My Way

I'm kind of curious if this has happened to anyone else. After installing the latest version of Hackman my Info module no longer shows up in Tivowebplus. The new version is the only thing that is different.
GlennL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2006, 04:56 AM   #929
bengalfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennL
I'm kind of curious if this has happened to anyone else. After installing the latest version of Hackman my Info module no longer shows up in Tivowebplus. The new version is the only thing that is different.

I've had this problem myself in the past. What's really weird is that the module still actually works, at least for me it does. If you append /info/ to your Tivo's ip address, the screen still comes up despite it being missing from the main menu page.
Old 03-25-2006, 11:03 AM   #930
starbiker99
1 Tivo 2 Tivo 3 Tivo

I have the same issue with the ui module on one of my tivos. Like bengalfreak said if I add the /ui in the address bar it still works. Mine popped up when I went to 4.2.0 but probably just a coincidence.

1 Philips DSR708 (278hrs)320GB
1 Samsung S4080R (Stock)80GB
1 Samsung S4080R (260hrs)300GB
1 Philips DSR704 (103hrs)120GB
All 'UNLEASHED'
starbiker99 is offline   Reply With Quote