Go Back   TiVo Community > Underground Playground > TiVo Underground
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 02-11-2006, 04:18 AM   #1261
tbeckner
TiVo Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vito the TiVo
Apparently not as easy as that. I tried it with no luck.
TRY USING: telnet -t vt100 {TiVo IP Address}

So to telnet to a TiVo at 192.168.1.13, you would type in a command telnet -t vt100 192.168.1.13

This works on all of my Windows XP Pro SP2 machines accessing all of my HDVR2s.
(3) Hughes HDVR2 6.2
(2) Hughes SD-DVR80 6.2
(2) Buggy HR24 6/25/2011
DirecTV 10/94
tbeckner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 05:22 AM   #1262
bengalfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbeckner
TRY USING: telnet -t vt100 {TiVo IP Address}

So to telnet to a TiVo at 192.168.1.13, you would type in a command telnet -t vt100 192.168.1.13

This works on all of my Windows XP Pro SP2 machines accessing all of my HDVR2s.

That's the whole point of this discussion. That command is not woeking for everyone.

The easiest thing to do is d/l Teraterm Pro, its free and it works every time. You can get it here: Teraterm Pro home page

Last edited by bengalfreak : 02-11-2006 at 05:27 AM.
bengalfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 08:00 AM   #1263
sonyuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbautch
The uninstall script will remove usb2.0 drivers, so just make sure you reinstall them with the new script. Wireless settings will remain unchanged.

I too like the updated TWEAK goodies. Does the TWEAK-UNINSTALL script in Post#43 still apply to both prior and current versions of TWEAK? Not sure if the new version of TWEAK will correct this, but for some reason, my CALLER ID LOG disappeared and does not seem to get recreated. I have also been burned by all my hacks disappearing with the /VAR cleaning. As I understand it, the new script takes care of that.

sonyuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 08:35 AM   #1264
blueshoo
el guapo

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonyuser
Not sure if the new version of TWEAK will correct this, but for some reason, my CALLER ID LOG disappeared and does not seem to get recreated.
Mine did as well. It was odd, a couple calls were logged to /enhancements/varhacks/log/cidcall.log, but then no more. I checked /enhancements/varhacks/hack/etc/ncid/ncidd.conf which was set to point to the default location of /var/log/cidcall.log. However, there was no file there. Once created, it logged calls to there without a problem. But since I didn't want it under /var, I changed the .conf file to point to the file where it first logged a couple calls, and all's been working fine since.
blueshoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 05:42 PM   #1265
Diana Collins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vito the TiVo
Apparently not as easy as that. I tried it with no luck.
Well, works fine for me...CRLF is unset everytime I start telnet.

Moderator, DBSDish.com 1999-2000
Co-Founder and Administrator, DBSForums.com 2000-2006
Diana Collins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 03:14 PM   #1266
tyarmas

Appreciate the script. I finally got around to upgrading my hacked 4.1 systems to 6.2 yesterday. Then I found your script. Looks great but...

During boot, I see the following in the log (I happened to have a terminal window running on the serial port) -
Running boot Stage G_PostApplication scripts
Running fakecall version 6
Fakecall ran successfully!
couldn't open "/var/spool/cron/cronlogs/CRONLOG-MAIN": read-only file system
while executing
"open /var/spool/cron/cronlogs/CRONLOG-MAIN a"
(file "/busybox/fakecall.tcl" line 87)
ApgManager Transition from state BOOT to FAST_LOAD
ApgManager Transition from state FAST_LOAD to FAST_LOAD

I looked at fakecall.tcl and lines 87 to end are:

set fakelog [open /var/spool/cron/cronlogs/CRONLOG-MAIN a]
set timenow [clock format [clock seconds] -format "%b %d %I:%M%P"]
puts $fakelog "$timenow Fakecall was run successfully, run verified"
close $fakelog
exec sh /enhancements/fakecall.osd

It seems that since the root is mounted RO, it cannot write to "fakelog".

Just wondering if this is unique to me or more importantly an issue?

-tom
tyarmas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 04:00 PM   #1267
rbautch
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyarmas
Appreciate the script. I finally got around to upgrading my hacked 4.1 systems to 6.2 yesterday. Then I found your script. Looks great but...

During boot, I see the following in the log (I happened to have a terminal window running on the serial port) -
Running boot Stage G_PostApplication scripts
Running fakecall version 6
Fakecall ran successfully!
couldn't open "/var/spool/cron/cronlogs/CRONLOG-MAIN": read-only file system
while executing
"open /var/spool/cron/cronlogs/CRONLOG-MAIN a"
(file "/busybox/fakecall.tcl" line 87)
ApgManager Transition from state BOOT to FAST_LOAD
ApgManager Transition from state FAST_LOAD to FAST_LOAD

I looked at fakecall.tcl and lines 87 to end are:

set fakelog [open /var/spool/cron/cronlogs/CRONLOG-MAIN a]
set timenow [clock format [clock seconds] -format "%b %d %I:%M%P"]
puts $fakelog "$timenow Fakecall was run successfully, run verified"
close $fakelog
exec sh /enhancements/fakecall.osd

It seems that since the root is mounted RO, it cannot write to "fakelog".

Just wondering if this is unique to me or more importantly an issue?

-tom
Shame on you for being smart enough to hook up a serial cable. This is a minor bug in the process of being fixed. I modified fakecall.tcl to create a time-stamped entry in CRONLOG-MAIN, which is of course the main cron log that I use. At one point I moved everything out of /var, including the cron log, which means that it fails unless the filesystem is mounted read-write. That error can be ignored for now, unless you're confirming the contents of CRONLOG-MAIN, in which case you'll need to keep your filesystem mounted RW. In the next version, I'll move the cron log to /var/log so it can be viewed in TWP.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
or
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

rbautch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 08:55 PM   #1268
NoCheese

Zipper on HR10-250 clarification...

First off, thanks to the "crew" who have made all there is covered by this thread possible. I've zippered a BUNCH of S2 DTivos and they all work great.

But next weekend I'm going to crack open my precious HR10-250 and need a sanity check. I've been reading and searching for hours and can't find a definitive...

On the Hr10-250, does one apply Zipper (and all it entails) to the stock version of the OS? Or are people applying the current OS from a non-HD S2 to the unit and then Zippering?

If applying a newer OS is what needs to be done, or is one of the methods that can be used I'm OK with that as I've started recording stuff on my Zippered HDVR2 so that when I crack open the HR10-250 next weekend there is minimal TV programming at risk.

If it's a case of only the 3.1 will work on the HR10-250, what enhancements would one be missing?

Of course on the one hand I'm OK with keeping the current OS intact and not losing any recordings in the Zipper process, but on the other hand if there are advantages to Zippering a 6.2 OS over a 3.1 I'd probably rather go that way for maximum enjoyment in the long run.

Thanks
NoCheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 08:59 PM   #1269
rbautch
User

6.2 does not work on an HR10-250. Does everything except HMO and MRV. This is not the Zipper thread.

or

Old 02-12-2006, 09:07 PM   #1270
NoCheese

Quote:
6.2 does not work on an HR10-250. Does everything except HMO and MRV. This is not the Zipper thread.
Thanks and sorry if the question was a little too "Zipper" oriented for this thread. My thanks are still there for all those who made the process possibly and of course including your enhancement script of which the process relies on.

I will seek out a Zipper specific thread and keep this thread for question specific to the Enhacement script.

Bummer about no 6.2 on an HR10-250. MRV isn't that big a concern for me as all my TiVos are in a single location and fed throught the house, but it would have been a good "nice to have"
NoCheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 10:18 PM   #1271
tyarmas

Just like to say again that the enhancements script is very nice. I have a couple of questions though.

I notice that you scehdule a reboot twice a week via cron and you stop and start TWP every night via cron. Just wondering why you chose to do these things that often? I mean I understand about re-booting and clearing the logs, but twice a week? And why stop and start TWP every night?

Just curious.

-tom
tyarmas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 10:34 PM   #1272
rbautch
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyarmas
Just like to say again that the enhancements script is very nice. I have a couple of questions though.

I notice that you scehdule a reboot twice a week via cron and you stop and start TWP every night via cron. Just wondering why you chose to do these things that often? I mean I understand about re-booting and clearing the logs, but twice a week? And why stop and start TWP every night?

Just curious.

-tom
The reboot twice per week is necessary for fakecall to convince your tivo that it is never time to make a call home to the mothership. TWP restart is somewhat arbitrary, but whenever there's a TWP problem the answer usually involves restarting it. I figure most folks won't notice a 3 second TWP restart in the middle of the night, and might head off a future problem.

or

Old 02-15-2006, 06:40 AM   #1273
Geezer

Do you have an example of the cron root file created if you choose "yes" during install? I originally didn't install it but have since manually installed NCID and now I'd like it to reboot twice weekly. I edited the file and it looks like this
Code:
0 4 * * * fakecall.tcl
25 9 * * 1 echo "`date` SCHEDULED REBOOT" >> /var/spool/cronlogs/CRONLOG-MAIN;reboot
and I have
Code:
sleep 45
/busybox/crond
in my author file. Is there something else I need to do? I really don't want to uninstall and re-install.

Thanks.
Old 02-15-2006, 09:51 AM   #1274
rbautch
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geezer
Do you have an example of the cron root file created if you choose "yes" during install? I originally didn't install it but have since manually installed NCID and now I'd like it to reboot twice weekly. I edited the file and it looks like this
Code:
0 4 * * * fakecall.tcl
25 9 * * 1 echo "`date` SCHEDULED REBOOT" >> /var/spool/cronlogs/CRONLOG-MAIN;reboot
and I have
Code:
sleep 45
/busybox/crond
in my author file. Is there something else I need to do? I really don't want to uninstall and re-install.

Thanks.
There's is an error in your reboot cron line. Download the Zipper tools disk, and extract the rbautch_files.tgz archive. There's a crontab in there called "root". I posted a few other crontabs somewhere on TCF.

or

Old 02-18-2006, 06:54 PM   #1275
Jerry_K
Don't know much

I have a small problem. I ran the enhancement script, lost my TiVoWebPlus, so I uninstalled. Unfortunately I had asked for the customized bash prompt. Got it too. Really nice. It stayed after uninstall. Now I cannot access that unit with TyServer. OOPS. How do I get rid of the custom bash prompt?

I noticed in the notes that you would like to make it compatible with PTVNet. Would you mind if I messed about with the script to see if there were a way to point it at a ptvupgrade folder on the DTiVo? It might be a good way for me to learn a bit about Linux scripts, and maybe would save you some time making a PTVNet compatible version.

15 TiVos of some type or the other over time

Tivoless now
Jerry_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2006, 10:09 PM   #1276
rbautch
User

Look for the custom bash prompt in the /.profile. Feel free to mess with the script. I suggest starting by first understanding what PTVnet does when it installs, and then look at /enhancements/start.sh to see what my script does. Then look for conflicts. I looked at this briefly a few months ago. TWP is one area where there is a conflict.

or

Old 02-18-2006, 11:36 PM   #1277
Jerry_K
Don't know much

Thanks for the quick reply and the pointer. I have looked a bit at the scripts and have become a little familiar with what the PTVNet has done. I will see if I can get some time to dig in. I am ordering a unit just to use for experiments. With PTVNet a hosed unit can be fixed in about five minutes for a fresh start. However, I cannot hose my working units. One for me, one for the lovely wife, and one for dad in his living area. I know I have four. That one is currently recording all of the olympics.

Tivoless now
Old 02-19-2006, 02:50 PM   #1278
pip55

fat fingered

Loaded enhancement script
Fat fingered and didn't choose yes to cron setup
Try to run sh tweak-uninstall.sh but get ..no such file or directory.. error
Any ideas why unix doesn't see this file
Do a ls / and I see it in the same directory that sh tweak.sh ran from
pip55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2006, 03:50 PM   #1279
rbautch
User

It's an underscore not a dash.

or

Old 02-19-2006, 04:44 PM   #1280
pip55

underscore

Quote:
It's an underscore not a dash.
Tried that already, but I tried again for good-measure, no luck

lil baby-TiVo# sh tweak_uninstall.sh
tweak_uninstall.sh: tweak_uninstall.sh: No such file or directory
lil baby-TiVo#
lil baby-TiVo#

??
Old 02-19-2006, 04:48 PM   #1281
rpdre1

try this in bash:
Code:
/hacks/tweak_uninstall.sh

rpdre1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2006, 05:14 PM   #1282
pip55

tweak_uninstall.sh problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpdre1
try this in bash:
Code:
/hacks/tweak_uninstall.sh
Whatever reads the commands is problematic
Took me the longest time to get sh tweak.sh to run
Same thing with sh tweak_uninstall.sh
No luck with /hacks/tweak_uninstall.sh

??
Old 02-19-2006, 11:48 PM   #1283
Jerry_K
Don't know much

pip55

first you need to type in rw

All the files are set to ro (read only) by the enhancement script.

If you try the "additional" features of your hacked DTiVo you might want to type this into the command line. It will give you back your black bash-2.02# (that is a space in there) prompt which you will need for one of those "additional" features.

echo "export PS1=\"bash-2.02# \"" >> /.profile

Thanks to rbautch for the pointers. I sort of figured out the rest from the start.sh file and a whole lot of really dumb approaches cuz I don't have a clue about linux.

Tivoless now
Old 02-20-2006, 03:43 AM   #1284
stivovance

weekly reboots

Is there a way to turn these off? I'm not exactly comfortable having my hard drive reboot 104 times per year.

I know that I answered n to having it reboot, but sure enough, 325am, it rebooted.

I just did my 2nd machine, and having the same happen on both of them.

Last edited by stivovance : 02-20-2006 at 04:37 AM.
stivovance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 06:34 AM   #1285
Finnstang
King of the North

Quote:
Originally Posted by stivovance
Is there a way to turn these off? I'm not exactly comfortable having my hard drive reboot 104 times per year.

I know that I answered n to having it reboot, but sure enough, 325am, it rebooted.

I just did my 2nd machine, and having the same happen on both of them.
The script asks if you only want to reboot if not recording something. It doesn't ask about whether or not to reboot at all. If you really want to disable it, it is in the cron...just comment out the appropriate lines. I suggest you read and understand why it is rebooting in the first place though before disabling it.
You are a genius, Finn! - Tracy
Finnstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 08:23 AM   #1286
pip55

sh tweak_uninstall.sh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry_K
pip55

first you need to type in rw

All the files are set to ro (read only) by the enhancement script.
Thanks Jerry,rbautch,rpdre1,
Tried all suggestions
For the sake of those new to unix like myself what I found to be the problem was, apparently, when I FTP'd: sh tweak_uninstall.sh
to directory on tivo, it got corrupted or wasn't binary.
Checked file transfer settings (FileZilla), set to binary.
Deleted existing file, resent file again and then command was accepted.
Old 02-20-2006, 08:46 AM   #1287
stivovance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finnstang
The script asks if you only want to reboot if not recording something. It doesn't ask about whether or not to reboot at all. If you really want to disable it, it is in the cron...just comment out the appropriate lines. I suggest you read and understand why it is rebooting in the first place though before disabling it.
I know why it's rebooting, don't care, I don't want it to reboot at all.
Old 02-20-2006, 08:54 AM   #1288
Gunnyman
Super FunBall

then remove the lines from crontab.
Old 02-20-2006, 11:18 AM   #1289
stivovance

Thanks
Old 02-21-2006, 10:57 AM   #1290
pdawg17
Here's Julia!!

I can't see Hackman in twp...I haven't tried deleting the .cfg and .ini files but here is my log:

TivoWebPlus Project - v1.2.1
The program comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY.
This program is licensed under the GPL.
See the 'copyright' and 'README' files for copyright and credit information.
Loading modules...
backup
channelprefs
favicon
hackman
--hackman Version 4.0.2--
-No problem running mips find -- mips version of find selected.
-/dev/router_client: No such file or directory running mips sendkey -- ppc SendKey selected.
POSIX EROFS {read-only file system} error renaming "/tivowebplus/modules/hackman.cfg.draft" to "/tivowebplus/modules/hackman.cfg": read-only file system
while executing
"file rename $config\.draft $config"
(file "/tivowebplus/modules/hackman.itcl" line 2858)
invoked from within
"source $module "
index
-initializing logo index
-initializing channel table
--caching 749 channels for source of type=6 (DirecTV)
--caching 9 channels for source of type=4 (ATSC)
-initializing genre table
-initializing now showing cache
-initializing season pass cache
info
lj_utils
logos
logs
mail
manrec
merge
mfsbrowser
mrv
netconfig
phone
resources
Loaded 0 resource definitions
sched
screen
search
theme
ui
webremote
whatson
wishlists
xplusz
Accepting Connections

It looks like it cannot change the filename because it is "read only"? How do I change that or is it just easier to delete the files?