Closed Thread
Forum Jump

Old 01-03-2002, 09:02 PM   #1
Lori
Social Defective

Before you ask--please read these FAQs!

Official TiVo Support Page

TiVo Community FAQ

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"It is not the size of our army that shall lead us to victory. It is the undeniable righteousness of our cause... "--JAB

Last edited by Mike Lang : 01-15-2005 at 11:39 PM.
Old 01-03-2002, 09:10 PM   #2
glennf
Advanced Member

Thank you TiVo goddess.

I have a large picture of you on top of my TiVo with candles all around it.
Old 01-03-2002, 09:39 PM   #3
feldon23
MythBuster

As I've said before, the FAQ is not in-your-face enough. It really should be a popup for new users.

If you go to my website and click on the Forum, you'll see what I'm talking about.

http://www.feldoncentral.com/Sachs/

Also, the TiVo Community FAQ is nice, but the questions are phrased in such a way that only some who is ALREADY intimately familiar with TiVo could find answers to their questions. And finally, 2/3rds of the questions in that FAQ are not ones that are asked frequently!!

I'm working on a new FAQ here. It's hardly what I consider finished, but I'll keep working on it.
Old 01-03-2002, 10:06 PM   #4
jsmeeker
Vegas Boy

Is there a way to make this messsage an annoucement that stays at the top, like the new software announcement does??

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 01-04-2002, 12:34 AM   #5
glennf
Advanced Member

That Feldon person seems kind of ticked off.
Old 01-04-2002, 01:40 AM   #6
Lori
Social Defective

Quote:
Originally posted by jsmeeker
Is there a way to make this messsage an annoucement that stays at the top, like the new software announcement does??
We're working on that. This isn't my forum so I can't do it but I have asked the local mods to do so.

"It is not the size of our army that shall lead us to victory. It is the undeniable righteousness of our cause... "--JAB
Old 01-04-2002, 01:42 AM   #7
Lori
Social Defective

Quote:
Originally posted by feldon23
As I've said before, the FAQ is not in-your-face enough. It really should be a popup for new users.

If you go to my website and click on the Forum, you'll see what I'm talking about.

http://www.feldoncentral.com/Sachs/

Also, the TiVo Community FAQ is nice, but the questions are phrased in such a way that only some who is ALREADY intimately familiar with TiVo could find answers to their questions. And finally, 2/3rds of the questions in that FAQ are not ones that are asked frequently!!

I'm working on a new FAQ here. It's hardly what I consider finished, but I'll keep working on it.
Feldon, I hear you. However, this is all that I can personally do right now, so how about giving me a break?

Old 01-04-2002, 01:20 PM   #8
DrStrange

And though I already mentioned it in the FAQ new ideas thread, the vB conversion changed the URLs of many of the threads the FAQ points to. I've already run through this copy, updated those I could find new URLs for and deleted those for which there was neither an old nor new working link. All a FAQ maintainer has to do is copy the HTML over to the real FAQ.
Old 01-04-2002, 04:01 PM   #9
rasheed

Arrow Lineup problems

It is in the TiVo Community FAQ, but just as a reminder...

You can report lineup problems here:

http://www.tivo.com/support/lineup.asp

Rasheed
Old 01-05-2002, 12:04 AM   #10
DMHinCO
Blithering Idiot

It's not the be all and end all...

...But FWIW, I posted some helpful hints in the thread in my signature. Newbies may find it useful. </horn>

Old 01-05-2002, 02:13 AM   #11
ILoveMyTiVo

Quote:
Originally posted by DrStrange
And though I already mentioned it in the FAQ new ideas thread, the vB conversion changed the URLs of many of the threads the FAQ points to.
Done. Thanks for the help.

I also updated a bunch of other little things in the FAQ like changes because of the new forum software, a few things that aren't true anymore with the current software, and info on the AT&T box.

As for changing the format of the FAQ or removing old questions (that are still correct), I'm leaving all decisions on that to the creators of the FAQ.
Old 01-05-2002, 01:06 PM   #12
GarySargent

Lightbulb

In the UK forum I created a mini subset of the UK FAQ with info on the things most newbies ask, as well as links to places of further info. This seems to have worked quite well and has cut down the number of repeat questions quite a bit.

I try to keep it up to date with the latest information.

Check it out here:

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...threadid=37326
Old 02-05-2002, 01:03 PM   #13
Fflur
Obey my dog!

Thank you...Ive had my Tivo for about a year and a half, but Im new to this forum so any help is greatly appreciated.
Old 02-21-2002, 05:15 PM   #14
tombanjo

Question Shut Off Auto Correction?

Is it possible to shut off the time slip auto correction feature?

Please email me at steveboxer@aol.com
Old 02-22-2002, 10:02 PM   #15
ajergo
A.J.

Question Link to tvquest.com No Good ?

In the TiVo FAQ section, which you are asked to read before posting questions to this forum, there is a link to a web site for www.tvquest.com .... this is suppose to contain Tribune's current schedule and lineup data . However, I can not get to this Web site. Says that the page does not exist. Is this a valid web site URL ?
Old 02-22-2002, 10:58 PM   #16
gleffler
This one goes to 11

TVQuest does appear to be defunct. Zap2It has Tribune data and lineups also.

/gleffler
Old 03-20-2002, 02:19 PM   #17
LifeIsABeach

Re: Shut Off Auto Correction?

Quote:
Originally posted by tombanjo
Is it possible to shut off the time slip auto correction feature?
If you mean the amount TiVo jumps back when you go from FF to play, take a look at Otto's backdoor code list. He mentions how to modify it in there: Codes
Old 03-30-2002, 11:56 AM   #18
tj

Don't forget that you can get most of your TiVo questions answered quickly in AVS Forum Live Chat at http://www.avscience.com/avslive.htm . Tell us that you heard of it from this message.
Old 04-06-2002, 12:39 PM   #19
Spockman
Working Member

There is a need to update some info in the FAQ.

The 800# for Philips re: Remote Replacement issue is invalid . The one given to me by Tivo support is:

877-459-5415

Unfortunately, it is always busy! Does anyone else have a working number for the Philips Remote Replacement issue?

Old 04-08-2002, 01:30 PM   #20
Mystk

update daylight savings time

Quote:
Originally posted by glennf
Thank you TiVo goddess.

I have a large picture of you on top of my TiVo with candles all around it.

Old 04-08-2002, 01:33 PM   #21
Mystk

Wow another Tivo Goddess.... I need help with updating Daylight Savings Time on my Tivo receivers...

So Be It .... Mystk
Old 04-29-2002, 06:38 PM   #22
mikey

Lori's post from January references a community FAQ which talks about being able to select different recording qualities. The links in the FAQ do not appear to work and I can find nothing about this in the manual. Can somebody fill me in? I would love to be able to reduce the quality sometimes to conserve disk space.

Mikey

DSR6000 virgin
Old 05-16-2002, 04:35 PM   #23
dcs519

I've been to TIVO's FAQ's and I couldn't find an answer to a problem that I'm currently having. My cable provider changed their channel lineup and added new channels. What do I need to do to make TIVO recognize the changes?
Old 05-16-2002, 06:37 PM   #24
gleffler
This one goes to 11

mikey, DirecTiVos (the short name for the DSR6000) don't have quality settings.

/gleffler
Old 05-16-2002, 06:53 PM   #25
ILoveMyTiVo

Quote:
Originally posted by dcs519
I've been to TIVO's FAQ's and I couldn't find an answer to a problem that I'm currently having. My cable provider changed their channel lineup and added new channels. What do I need to do to make TIVO recognize the changes?
It's in there, but sometimes it is hard to find. It should update the lineup by itself eventually, but frequently, someone needs to alert TiVo about the change if the cable company doesn't. Call customer care (877-FOR-TIVO) or fill out this form
Old 05-17-2002, 02:13 PM   #26
robertpb

Hello my name is Robert e-mail B1461@aol.com
My question is :How could I do to delete my old recording history ONLY?
Old 05-31-2002, 01:20 AM   #27
edrit

feldon, i like your faq, keep up the good work.

lori, i'm sure he meant no dis, i see it all as constructive. you keep up the good work too.

- a forum newbie (for whatever my opinion is worth)
Old 07-21-2002, 10:14 PM   #28
johndel

Angry Links don't work in FAQ

Anyone notice that the forum topics suggested in the FAQ contain out-of-date links?
Old 08-04-2002, 08:04 PM   #29
boywaja
Splendid Isolation

Re: Links don't work in FAQ

Quote:
Originally posted by johndel
Anyone notice that the forum topics suggested in the FAQ contain out-of-date links?
near as I can figure the the Archives from the old UBB board weren't migrated to the current VB board. I've removed the old links and attempted to find relevent newer conversations to link to. As feldon pointed out, what was once a hot topic, may not be a frequently asked question a few years later.

If you have updates for the faq, please post in this thread: http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...&threadid=9590

If you
thanks
rog
Old 09-09-2002, 04:49 PM   #30
jig33

wireless phone/modem jacks

I am very likley posting this question in the wrong place though hopefully I will still be able to get a responsse. I just purchased a sony tivo & due to no phone jack being nearby, I understand I can try a wirless phone jack. I read about some probs so it said to use a wireless modem jack. Is that in fact correct? Will that work just as a redular phone jacK? if yes, I have seen some good prices on ebay...is there any particular items for the jack(ie extentions,etc)that I need?
Closed Thread